Modeling assistance.

Zelyasha

I'm currently trying to make Slof's boners compatible with Robert's v5 Bodybuilder male body. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, but then again, I'm quite the noob at blender. Some coaching would be of assistance. The entire model and skeleton are appearing in NifSkope, and have the same root, but in-game, the entire model is invisible.

asbonerhardlargeskin.nif

I have only edited armor in Blender, and I see the node structure is very different from what you have... in your file there is no BSDIsmemberSkinInstance, BSLightingShaderProperty nor BSShaderTextureSet, also the version numbers are different from the ones Skyrim uses. I would recommend this tutorial? http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/topic/5639-creating-skyrim-armor-in-blender-tutorial-series/

What???  That is crap skyrim needs, NOT oblivion.  If you are going to give out tutorial links then do it for the right game.  Giving out skyrim links just confuses this issue.  I applaud your willingness to help, just not how you are going about it.

As to the OP.  Your problem is you have multiple scene roots.  That is a no, no.  

I don't know why you are trying to use blender for this.  Nifskope will allow you to do what you are trying to accomplish very easily. Just use the copy branch and paste branch functions.   Just do NOT copy the scene root.  Instead copy\paste branch the actual mesh portion.

Look at the other slof files and use its file structure as a model.  

Setbody Reloaded already includes Roberts v.5.2 bodies, each with a full suite of Slof's boners modified for compatibility.

The only thing missing are the Prince Albert variants

Now, you mention 'Bodybuilder' body style. Do you mean the Bodybuilder body by Room 207?

Here's the full suite of Room 207 Bodybuilder Slofs variants that I put together for Setbody Reloaded: BodyBuilder.7z

Some further info.

There are two crotch variants in the Roberts v 5.2 males (Room 207's work uses a compatible crotch)

Attached are the resource files I created with the Slofs boner variants, one set of boners for Skinny and one for Standard.

To add these to a compatible nif, simply open both nifs in nifskope.

1. Expand the 'scene root' in both nifs.

2. In both nifs, select the niTriStrips block that you either want to copy, or delete.

3. For the niTriStrips that you want to delete, hit <control><delete>

4. For the niTriStrips that you want to copy, hit <control><c>

5. Select the Scene Root of the nif that you want to copy the junk to

6. Hit <control><v>

7. Save the Nif

I should note, these nifs are not rigged for the new Lovers Animations.

Hmm...I should probably go and rig them.

Male.7z

Setbody Reloaded already includes Roberts v.5.2 bodies, each with a full suite of Slof's boners modified for compatibility.

The only thing missing are the Prince Albert variants

Now, you mention 'Bodybuilder' body style. Do you mean the Bodybuilder body by Room 207?

Here's the full suite of Room 207 Bodybuilder Slofs variants that I put together for Setbody Reloaded: attachicon.gifBodyBuilder.7z

No, Robert's has a bodybuilder variant. 

What???  That is crap skyrim needs, NOT oblivion.  If you are going to give out tutorial links then do it for the right game.  Giving out skyrim links just confuses this issue.  I applaud your willingness to help, just not how you are going about it.

As to the OP.  Your problem is you have multiple scene roots.  That is a no, no.  

I don't know why you are trying to use blender for this.  Nifskope will allow you to do what you are trying to accomplish very easily. Just use the copy branch and paste branch functions.   Just do NOT copy the scene root.  Instead copy\paste branch the actual mesh portion.

Look at the other slof files and use its file structure as a model.  

The original meshes have skeletal additions. I have literally no idea what I'm doing, so I'm just piddling along. Plus, with nifskope, I need to be able to delete portions of the mesh. Basically, what I'm trying to do is remove the dick from the Robert's Bodybuilder Lowerbody and replace it was a de-legged Slof's boner.

No, Robert's has a bodybuilder variant. 

This is the bodybuilder body by Room 207 : http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/33669/?

Here is a list of the Roberts bodies in the core v 5.2 package.

Slender Athletic

Scrawny

Muscular Athletic

Muscular

heavy Muscular

Bulky

Boy Athletic

Boy 1

Boy 2

Belly

Average

Now, Room207's Bodybuilder body is based off of the Roberts body, and I believe that it was included in some of the omod distributions so perhaps that is where the confusion comes from.

The original meshes have skeletal additions. I have literally no idea what I'm doing, so I'm just piddling along. Plus, with nifskope, I need to be able to delete portions of the mesh. Basically, what I'm trying to do is remove the dick from the Robert's Bodybuilder Lowerbody and replace it was a de-legged Slof's boner.

Just follow the instructions I gave you here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29064-modeling-assistance/?p=726681

Note: if you copy a boner from the slof's core files, you will need to re-position them. If I recall correctly, the most recent slof's boners are positioned for the Roberts 4 crotch. Since the Roberts 5.x meshes all repositioned the crotch relative to the v4 meshes, the slofs boners need to be similarly repositioned.

I can send you the Blender Blend files I used for that project when I was working on Setbody Reloaded, as well.

If you're working with them in Blender, I wrote a tool called Seam Mender that does a fairly good job of automatically mending seams between meshes.

Just follow the instructions I gave you here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29064-modeling-assistance/?p=726681

Note: if you copy a boner from the slof's core files, you will need to re-position them. If I recall correctly, the most recent slof's boners are positioned for the Roberts 4 crotch. Since the Roberts 5.x meshes all repositioned the crotch relative to the v4 meshes, the slofs boners need to be similarly repositioned.

I can send you the Blender Blend files I used for that project when I was working on Setbody Reloaded, as well.

If you're working with them in Blender, I wrote a tool called Seam Mender that does a fairly good job of automatically mending seams between meshes.

Well, here's the lower bodybuilder of Rober'ts (or whoever the hell made it.)

Honestly, I'm just wanting to get this done. I think meshes might be a bit too complex- Or maybe I just need to start with something simpler than the lower half of a human body. After this, I need to figure out how to get Lovers to stop equipping dicks and just strip.

lowerbody.nif

Did you see the zip I provided in http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29064-modeling-assistance/?p=726667

That has the bodybuilder mesh rigged, with multiple variants of slofs boners.

Take a look at them, decide which one you want, and you're set.

Just a bit of friendly advice. Room207 is a friend of mine, but this advice goes for any modding. Always do your best to give modders credit for their work. They deserve it. (edited to be a bit less angry)

Did you see the zip I provided in http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29064-modeling-assistance/?p=726667

It's not a whoever the hell. It's Room207. For Fucks sake, give modders credit for their work, or don't use their work.

I did not see that download. Yes, these look like they'll work fantastically.

I shall try to figure out modelling some other day.

Thank you.

Just a bit of friendly advice. Room207 is a friend of mine, but this advice goes for any modding. Always do your best to give modders credit for their work. They deserve it. (edited to be a bit less angry)

Also, I apologize for not giving Room207 credit. It was a part of Robert's mod, and I guess I didn't see the credit he gave Room. That was my mistake.

Also, I apologize for not giving Room207 credit. It was a part of Robert's mod, and I guess I didn't see the credit he gave Room. That was my mistake.

No sweat. Giving credit where credit is due is one of those things I'm a bit of a stickler about. Sorry about the angryness of my initial reply, btw.

No sweat. Giving credit where credit is due is one of those things I'm a bit of a stickler about. Sorry about the angryness of my initial reply, btw.

That's perfectly fine, everyone has their pet peeves.

And would you mind helping me with one more thing? When I activate lovers, it equips a dick. The dick mesh is all over the place, so I want to replace it with a regular lower-body, since I can't seem to find an in-game setting to stop dick-equip. Sorry for being clueless, lol.

And would you mind helping me with one more thing? When I activate lovers, it equips a dick. The dick mesh is all over the place, so I want to replace it with a regular lower-body, since I can't seem to find an in-game setting to stop dick-equip. Sorry for being clueless, lol.

You need to replace one of meshes that was installed when you installed lpk.

Honestly, I don't really know much about the LPK file structure.

You need to replace one of meshes that was installed when you installed lpk.

Honestly, I don't really know much about the LPK file structure.

Alright, thanks anyways.

While you "can" do this to stop the dick mesh going everywhere, you will just fuck up all your animations in the process.  The LAPF REQUIRES you to have an animated dick mesh.  You what you REALLY want to do is KEEP the animated dick from the LAPF and replace the lowerbody mesh instead.  Then you can have the best of both worlds.

Send me the lowerbody that you are currently using and I'll doctor it up to use the LAPF dick.  The LAPF dicks are slof dicks that were weight painted (and slightly modified) anyways so nothing is lost.

Archived