Looking for HDT development tutorial (3dx max)

cornelius_t

Got nowhere with Scroogle searches of the internet, so I thought I would try here.

I already know most of the basics of modding in 3ds max, but modding  using HDT is completely new to me.

Does anyone know of a resource for HDT modding in 3dsMax ? A tutorial, guide or something just to get me started?

Thanks for the fast response Blabba!  This will help get things rolling.

Are there any resources that you know of that covers armor conversion? (e.g. converting cbbe armor meshes to use HDT)? That's basically what I am after.

Answer:

Also, be sure to check out Neckro's awesome HDT autopilot tools!

:P

That's the only resources I know of for HDT creation in 3dsMax.

You'll probably get better luck in asking Yoo for help or guidance in creating HDT armours.

He's got an HDT armour published here and can maybe PM you his max file so you can study/learn it.

Thanks for responding Yoo. Yes, that's exactly what I need guidance on.

I want to change some cbbe armor to use HDT. Tutorials and instruction on how to do that are hard to understand.

Any guidance you can give on how to do this would really help al lot. :)

Yoo is yoo! or Am I Yoo?

But I think that cornellius is talking about breast movement and such. Do Yoo talks about that?.

Strong, the puns are :D

Thanks for responding Yoo. Yes, that's exactly what I need guidance on.

I want to change some cbbe armor to use HDT. Tutorials and instruction on how to do that are hard to understand.

Any guidance you can give on how to do this would really help al lot. :)

If it's just breast movement you seek, then all you need to do is copy the Breast and butt weights over to the vanilla outfits from a TBBP enabled body.

Okay, let me see if I understand this correctly;

1. In 3dsmax, I copy the weights from my TBBP enabled body mesh over to the armor mesh I am working on.
  2. Weight paint, adjust, and skin wrap the armor mesh as needed to match the body mesh.
  3. Export the resulting armor mesh as a .NIF file and edit it in NifSkope as needed.
  4. Rebuild the .object files for the armor mesh I just edited.
  5. No edits need to be made to accommodate HDT.

So for HDT enabled armor I am basically just modding armor like I normally do?

Is that about right?

Vore? People actually do that now?... Guess I missed a lot while I stopped modding.

Say I wanted to (for whatever reason) add cloth-like flexibility to rigid armor meshes. How would I go about doing that?

That's when things get a little tricky and you follow stuff like canderes' videos I posted earlier.

(Update): After a lot of experimentation over the weekend  with existing HDT models, I managed to suss out the basics of how to apply HDT on rigid armor meshes.

I got a working prototype, but there's one thing that I found odd; the .NIF file sizes for HDT meshes are huge compared to non-HDT meshes. 

Also found this very basic tutorial page about HDT implementation for body/armor meshes: 

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25485-setup-attaching-hdt-to-an-existing-mesh/

So, nobody's interested in an explanation on how to do it?....okay

Archived