[WIP] SL Chaurus Expansion

atrix

So, I finally decided to bite the bullet and learn the CK.

Accomplished today:

Learned how to make quests

Wire-up events

Trigger Sexlab actions

Re-Use other people's mod content

So, I wrote up a very dirty but functional plugin that has the following effects.

• You can offer yourself to a Chaurus
  • After being sexed up and infected with the parasite from Estrus Chaurus the Chaurus you submitted to will become a follower (you can have up to 5 following you at a time, they don't count as regular followers)
  • These followers have lover relationship rank to you, and will fight on your behalf
  • If at any time your arousal increases past 50, or you lay your eggs, you will be sexed up again and re-infected.
  • If you come within 800 clicks of any valid female actors that aren't infested, they will be sexed up and infested (they don't have to be followers)

So, I had quite a bit of fun learning the CK this way, and causing the Whiterun bug-pocalypse with overwhelming Chaurus sexy times (which was kind of the point).

I've got a few bugs to fix (somehow people putting their clothes back on mid sexlab-scene), and I think I'm going to add a few features.

• Every time your Chaurus followers infect someone, they go up a level
  • When you are responsible for 10 infections a tongue-in-cheek quest is queued up to unlock a special probably perverse power.
  • Figure out how to set up a MCM menu and let you configure a few options.

Attached is the alpha product of the last six hours this Sunday.  I'm sure I'm doing things in the most hacky incompetent way ever, but I have a bunch of good source to look through to improve it, thanks to jbezorg, ashal, etc.

Super huge thanks to jbezorg and ashal for providing me hours of Skyrim modding enjoyment.  They did 99% of the work showing in this mod.

Requirements:

Sexlab Framework

Estrus

Estrus Chaurus

Actor Events

SexLab Aroused

Thought I'd share instead of keeping it to myself, in case anything else is itching for a bugpocalypse.  If anyone doesn't want me morphing their work, I'm happy to '86 the post.

Warning:  Enacting the Bugpocalypse will probably slow your game a crawl.  At one point I had 10 infected and god only knows how many hatch-lings running around, all while 5 Chaurus were constantly sexing up the womenfolk and Essential men stood around permanently knocked down due to massive loads of...poison spit, yeah.    Anyways, this is not to be used on any type of serious playthrough.   Just the big red button, like unleashing natural disasters in the Sims.

/edit: Updated 3/18/2014

Fixed distribution to be BSA so that no scripts are left behind.  

• Makes recruiting chaurus optional after first voluntary sex.
  • Fixed several behavior problems with multiple chaurus followers choosing the same sex target

/edit: Updated 3/20/2014  (Attached file v0_2.7z)

Added a tame version that allows you to recruit just one Chaurus as a follower (while infected by estrus chaurus), and it won't go around raping at random and causing save game mayhem.

What will happen:

• You can offer yourself to a Chaurus when infected.
  • When you do, the Chaurus will become a Chaurus Breeder, which is scaled  to your level, it will mate with you
  • You can ask this newly minted Chaurus Breeder to follow you.
  • It will act as a follower, but not consume a standard follower slot.
  • When it's a follower, you can mate with it at will, and if not already infected with the Estrus Chaurus Parasite, you will get it.
  • it has standard commands of wait and follow.
  • It can be dismissed.

Future updates to this less apocalyptic version will include story elements.

Load only one of these files.  The first if it's a game you don't really care about and just wanna see how bad you can infest an Inn or something, v0_2 if you want a follower and to be able to be infected with the chaurus parasite at will.

/edit: Updated 09/11/2015 - Deleted these because they were badly written/out of date and don't work properly anymore.

I've got a few bugs to fix (somehow people putting their clothes back on mid sexlab-scene), and I think I'm going to add a few features.

• Every time your Chaurus followers infect someone, they go up a level

They better! Infecting females takes stamina and resolve!

Hat's off to you.  My progress in learning CK etc. still pretty much amounts to asking for syntax at almost every juncture.  I already finished the two mods I'd fruitlessly tried to coax others into making - a blushing mod (Estrus-aware) and a port of a semi-infamous and controversial New Vegas mod - and I find that I now have to tweak everything since I know I can.  Like adding compatibility between Private Needs and Puppet Master.  I think this will never end.

More things to do with Estrus / Chaurus are definitely welcome.  Just be sure to make the various aspects optional. ;p  I like the idea of offering onesself to a chaurus, but wouldn't necessarily want a follower for my trouble.  (Would save crazy things like that for a less serious playthrough later on.)

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

More things to do with Estrus / Chaurus are definitely welcome.  Just be sure to make the various aspects optional. ;p  I like the idea of offering onesself to a chaurus, but wouldn't necessarily want a follower for my trouble.  (Would save crazy things like that for a less serious playthrough later on.)

Yeah, I really need to figure out the MCM stuff.  I'll be dissecting a few mods later.  The code in this version is pretty dodgy, because I just wanted to see if I could figure out stuff well enough to have it work.

I have a few more ideas I might throw into it after work during the week once I figure out how to implement a MCM and make everything handle code updates without being retarded.

• Make the Chaurus and Hatchling attacks include include a long duration "Calm" spell effect so they don't kill a bunch of people.
  • Make non-infected NPC's remain hostile to Chaurus followers even though they are a follower and those parties aren't hostile to you.
  • Make Chaurus followers "Ghosts" when not in combat so that don't have collision when you're not fighting.
  • Make the SexNearbyPeoples method I implemented respect nearby enemies and not sex up the player when you're in the middle of fighting, even if you're aroused or uninfected.

If I don't lost interest:

• Add some random events that can occur when impregnated/having Chaurus followers.

Updated 3/18/2014

If you had the earlier version a clean save is required.

Steps:

1. Unload the mod
  2. Load the save game
  3. Save in a new slot
  4. Reload the mod
  5. Profit

Due to a some bug I don't understand Dialogue will not show up on Chaurus until you have reloaded the game once with my mod turned on.

Fixed distribution to be BSA so that no scripts are left behind.  

• Makes recruiting chaurus optional after first voluntary sex.
  • Fixed several behavior problems with multiple chaurus followers choosing the same sex target
  • Fixed several problems with events loading/unloading caused by typing late at night.

Possibly later today:

• Add paralyze attack to chaurus followers so that actors cannot interrupt sexlab animations by clapping for bards, etc
  • Add dialogue option to dismiss Chaurus followers.

If anyone tries this out let me know if it loads/works properly for you.

MCM support is the main thing missing from my own mod.  I've taken a look at it.  Three or four times.  It's just not straightforward enough and I instantly feel lazy.  The process desperately needs a plug-&-play iteration.  Like, copy this code, put it here, and change these lines to whatever you need for your mod.  Done.  Meanwhile I'll carry on "testing" my own mod until I otherwise overcome that laziness barrier.

Point is I don't envy you or anyone, when the time comes to work in MCM options.

MCM menu creation comes in two forms, the ugly one which is commonly used and makes the whole thing a lot harder to code and read vs the nice one which is easy to code and makes the job a lot simpler and more readable.

Here is the PSC file for an unreleased version of the SexAddicts Mod which provides a MCM config menu. Also included is the english text file because I have coded no text in the MCM menu but have used translation codes instead to help make the code more easily changed for other languages. That does make the code a bit harder to read but its worth doing for our international friends here.

I have also included screenshots of each menu page so you can compare the code to the menu

_SA_MCM.7z

Hopefully this will help you build a MCM menu for your mod by making it easier.

One thing to note, my code is for a mod where all the settings are game global values, it would be better for those values to all be within that mod but since my older mod supports the use of bat files for setting those values I have not moved them internal to the MCM mod or other code. You of course do not have to switch to globals.

This mod looks so awesome I'd be downloading right now if it wasn't for just a couple questions, and also some suggestions if you don't mind them.

How exactly does the "offering yourself to a Chaurus" work? I ask because it would be really cool if I could do that while using this mod. I do have a chaurus pet that I tamed using this one, and while I can get it to have sex, unfortunately it doesn't add any EC effect since it would require it to trigger the proper functions.

TBS doesn't add more than one pet at a time, so I suppose that as long as there's no conflict with this, I could be using them together keeping the chaurus outside the pet system, but at least I think it would be cool to be able to have my pet chaurus to impregnate my character, even if the rest of the mod doesn't trigger (as in, adding the chaurus to the custom follower group and making it attack other people).

I would love to use this mod in normal playthrough, even after seeing your warning about the "chaurus apocalypse". I would suppose that being able to disable the egg hatching in EC would make it slightly less troublesome? Maybe you could add an ability toggle, something that would command all the chaurus to go between "breeding mode" and "passive".

Also, when you "dismiss" the chaurus, does it free them as hostile creatures again? Maybe a "wait here" option like with other followers would be nice. I wouldn't mind having a swarm of chaurus as my pets as long as I can tell them to go away for a while, but not permanently.

Finally, something that I always wondered would be, if it would be possible to have the chaurus hatchlings to "grow up" into regular chaurus, that in turn could try to attack you afterwards. I'm not even sure if this happens in the base mod (the only time I got hatchlings, I killed them all because they popped inside my home and not in a too good place), and I suppose that keeping track of that should be rather troublesome when you get a crapton of chaurus hatchlings after the so called chaurus apocalypse. Maybe adding an active effect to the hatchlings that when runs out, turns them into normal chaurus, would be less troublesome than keeping track of all of them directly.

Anyways, I really love this idea. I'll be testing it soon!

In the process of rewriting it to have a story reason and MCM, but I'll put out a version later today that gives you one chaurus follower that levels with you, and only infects you.

High Level Concept behind the rewrite:  

Some shady Nord that's fallen on hard times decides to raise chaurus on his farm since falmer have been seen doing it.  (repurpose existing farm)

Kidnaps women to keep the eggs flowing (add some Zaz stuff, esp that dweomer milking machine when it's up)

Have the ability to recruit chaurus granted after this little mini mission.

A backstory would be nice, but a pitty that we'd need to add another animation pack for it, lol. I don't know why but I've heen holding that one for a while because I after installing mods that use it, I never found me using them too much (like Prison Overhaul) so I decided to play this last playthrough without it. But I like this idea enough so that I'd install it for this.

Would it be too much asking for the story part to be optional? Maybe it could detect if you got the animation pack installed, and if not, simply kicks automatically. An option to override de quest anyways, would be nice too, same as how you can skip getting the Sanguine's Debauchery quest for SD mod.

A backstory would be nice, but a pitty that we'd need to add another animation pack for it, lol. I don't know why but I've heen holding that one for a while because I after installing mods that use it, I never found me using them too much (like Prison Overhaul) so I decided to play this last playthrough without it. But I like this idea enough so that I'd install it for this.

Would it be too much asking for the story part to be optional? Maybe it could detect if you got the animation pack installed, and if not, simply kicks automatically. An option to override de quest anyways, would be nice too, same as how you can skip getting the Sanguine's Debauchery quest for SD mod.

I can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do.

Here is the version that allows you to recruit just one Chaurus as a follower (while infected by estrus chaurus), and it won't go around raping at random and causing save game mayhem.

What will happen:

• You can offer yourself to a Chaurus when infected.
  • When you do, the Chaurus will become a Chaurus Breeder, which is scaled  to your level, it will mate with you
  • You can ask this newly minted Chaurus Breeder to follow you.
  • It will act as a follower, but not consume a standard follower slot.
  • When it's a follower, you can mate with it at will, and if not already infected with the Estrus Chaurus Parasite, you will get it.
  • it has standard commands of wait and follow.
  • It can be dismissed.

This is probably the last version I'll upload before adding story stuff.  Lemme know if ya have any problems with it.  (attached to top post, cause everyone hates hunting through a thread for files).

Awesome. I'll be testing it and see how it goes.

[EDIT] I just noticed that the update you posted already requires Zaz animations. Since you said that they'd be used in the questline, maybe you missed something in the code, or is it intentional? Just wanna know if I should get the pack already or just wait for a fix, lol.

Yes, that CTD is caused because it requires Zaz. As I asked in the previous post, I guess something got forgotten with so much work. Understandable.  :P

I noticed the note on choosing between Chaurus apocalypse or follower. Somehow that gave me an idea. What if you were able to "favorite" one of your swarm members, make it a more permanent follower and get extra actions with it?

Hmm, sadly I'm not getting the possibility of turning the chaurus into a follower. Not offering myself to it nor turning it to a follower.

Also, I've noticed that the mod somehow overrides EC settings? I got the mod configured so that I only get infected if my health goes below 30% (so I can explore falmer ruins with some chances of making it intact, after 14 rapes it gets rather old, lol). But this time I'm getting the chaurus rape my character instantly after the first bite. That didn't happen even with the original mod, it was some sort of base chance, and never got the tentacles working either.

Sweet, works now.  Are there any plans to have the "crawl under" option trigger a re-infestation? Never mind, turns out I forgot to enable Sexlab Creatures.

Hmm, sadly I'm not getting the possibility of turning the chaurus into a follower. I get the option to talk with it, but there's nothing there related to this mod (I got one mod to change body types that for some reason appears also on creatures, maybe that's the one giving me the option to talk with it to begin with once it turns friendly). =(

Once I was infested, I had to save/reload to get the talk option working for some reason.

Oh, I didn't try saving/reloading. I guess I'll see if that works now, but still, it would be nice if that wasn't necessary.

[EDIT] Alright, now it worked. I really love the comments added to the animations, I hope they don't conflict with other mods such as Apropos.

I really love this concept. I was planning on using SexLab Enchantress and Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II to have some sort of sextoy pet, but being able to be some sort of chaurus queen is so much cooler. I would make a couple suggestions, thinking on what I've posted already, as to what I think it would make the mod to make up for an even better experience. I might go over the top with the suggestions, so don't feel like I'm asking for too much, I just have a too rich imagination... Just take whatever you like from all I'll write.

I like the idea of learning how to tame chaurus via quest. The only think I'm dubious about is as to how did that dude learn to do so, I suppose he didn't fuck the chaurus himself?  :P  Anyways, that's besides the point. As I'm seeing it, the main function of this add-on is to get up to 5 chaurus to follow you and defend you, as well as letting you have sex with them at will, and possibly get them go on a breeding spree in an unsuspecting population. Now we need to make things more interesting, if possible.

I'm a bit sad with the fact that I'd have to choose between a swarm of evil chaurus followers and a single true follower. I don't really mind not being able to issue orders to the chaurus like if it was a human partner, having 5 chaurus following you really beats that. As I said previously, it would be cool to have a way to switch them from a passive mode where they only attack when they (or you) are threatened, to an offensive mode where they go attacking people and impregnating them.

I would suggest a way to make having sex with the chaurus to be more rewarding, and if possible, to have good reasons to get ALL your chaurus followers sexually satisfied. It's nice being able to offer yourself to them out of the blue, but it gets kinda old if there's nothing more to it. Maybe, the above system between passive and agressive could use the Arousal system. So, you would have your group of up to 5 chaurus following you. As long as they're sexually satisfied, they won't rape anybody. You would have to keep them happy if you wanna take them into cities.

Another reason to get them satisfied could be a buff system. Having sex with a follower chaurus could grant a useful buff, for both the chaurus and your character. So you could take your time with them to power them up prior to a tough fight. In turn, you could have a cummulative buff that would become more powerful the more chaurus you had sex with recently. As a reward for having sex with all the 5 chaurus, you could acquire the power to use the chaurus spit, which would be a spell (or more like a shout, so it looks like a real spit), that would have the same effect as the Estrus Chaurus mod one: you'd cause your enemies to be poisoned and with a chance of being raped by an estrus tentacle.

I also like the idea of the chaurus raping you even while being followers, when you're not infested anymore.

By the way, another thing I noticed is that the mod doesn't seem to work with Chaurus Reapers, or at least didn't do for me. It would be nice it worked since the animations use this one's model, not the regular Chaurus, and if you try having sex with the regular one it causes the monster to get much bigger during the animations.

It has its own race, called ChaurusReaperRace.

[EDIT] And, as another test, it seems to conflict with Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II. I'm getting both dialogues on a previously tamed chaurus, the "offer yourself" and the taming options of the other mod, but it doesn't let me choose any of them. I was assuming that the mods wouldn't be too compatible, but maybe there's a workaround?

I'm rather interested in adding this function if it's even possible. I mean, making a plugin that would allow you to offer yourself to your tamed beasts, and in case of the chaurus, to get the infestation effect. Was it difficult to code all this stuff?

I'm rather interested in adding this function if it's even possible. I mean, making a plugin that would allow you to offer yourself to your tamed beasts, and in case of the chaurus, to get the infestation effect. Was it difficult to code all this stuff?

Not at all, most of the difficulty was in learning how the CK references objects in forms and other quests.

I include the source code in both releases for all the scripts.  Feel free to take it apart and do whatever you want with it.

I'm a bit sad with the fact that I'd have to choose between a swarm of evil chaurus followers and a single true follower. I don't really mind not being able to issue orders to the chaurus like if it was a human partner, having 5 chaurus following you really beats that. As I said previously, it would be cool to have a way to switch them from a passive mode where they only attack when they (or you) are threatened, to an offensive mode where they go attacking people and impregnating them.

Ja, I'd love to go that direction.  

The challenge that has to be overcome is that Estrus Chaurus mod doesn't really keep track that well of actors that are unloaded from the game.  So, the first WIP I threw up here is fun for a laugh, but isn't sustainable because actors will leave the area you're in, go back to whatever they are doing and when they get far away enough the game will "unload" them.  When that happens EC/actorevents will bug when progressing their "pregnancy" and lose track of the actor.  At the same time the game knows they still have the  "Chaurus Breeder" spell/ability on them, so they won't be reinfected when they re-enter scope.

I'm sure it's an issue that can be resolved through persisting the actors in some storage medium, and forcing them back into the EC quest at the appropriate stage adjusted for how long they've been out of scope, but I haven't worked that out yet.

I haven't used Tame beasts of skyrim, but my guess would be maybe they both modify the Chaurus definition.  I may load it up later and see if I can get them to play nice.

I could just make the people your chaurus infect temporary followers so they never get unloaded, but that seems like a messy solution, and I'd rather find a more elegant one.

---------------------------------

On the topic of Zaz, it's needed for most captured/bondage type situations, and it's adding *THIS* glorious piece to a future release.

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=71946

The concept of the story episode:

Some psychotic nord farmer got it in his head that he is going to raise Chaurus on his farm like the Falmer do.  Because Chaurus are parasites that reproduce using other species as hosts he captures women to treat as "cows" on his farm.  (complete with *skippable* milking scenes, scripted breeding events, and quasi backstories for 1-3 other imprisoned women.  So, you escape/overcome this situation, (possibly with some scene of Chaurus tearing this guy apart) and if during the quest you embraced breeding with the Chaurus on the farm, you get granted the ability to recruit Chaurus.

It's going to take awhile, but it'll be a fun project in tribute to user29's awesome work in Fallout NV, and I think it'll be complementary to the SL Breeder  project rangedphoenix is working on, while being much smaller in scope/more bitesized.

I like most of the ideas you posted, and will probably implement many of them as time permits.

I'm posting these rough *in progress* alpha builds to show what's being done and potentially gather  any feedback or bug reports.  When the mod is feature complete and works properly for most people I'll report it in downloads.

As far as I know, mods like Hentai Pregnancy simply make a list of the known pregnant NPCs and the time they were impregnated. Then, whenever they're loaded, the mod simply makes the appropiate changes. If you leave somebody pregnant and don't go into their cells for a very long period, it would be the same as if you decided to wait for a long time without allowing the mod to update your character's state: you'll simply give birth when the mod is allowed to work.

I'm not sure of how does EC work on this, but I don't see how that would be conceptually too difficult. All you need is a way to store IDs and associate a timer to them. The mod would have to kick in whenever you go change cells, but I don't think that's too difficult or resource-consuming, or is it?

In any case, I'm glad you liked my ideas. I'm thinking about trying to make a plugin myself for Tame the Beasts, but I should also study a bit so I'm in a pinch, lol.

Archived