Nvse+Extender+archive installation tutorial! Also make any mod Fomm compatible

I don't understand FOMM provides a back up of the mods as well and can have that backup used to restore each of the mods as needed. I install FOMM on the root of the drive. Example D:/ FOMM with all the mods and install info in the same folder under FNV. If I am working on something I am afraid could hurt something I just copy that off to an thumb drive or such. Not very difficult. Same as I did with NMM before when I used it.

Am I confused with what you are doing with NMM?

basically it is either us who is too stupid to know if FoMM does have this feature but the only reason we use NMM really is for this section 

and because for some reason we are unable to link fnv4GB to FoMM says bad path location O_o

But when we do a package that does contain a fomod. once we extracted it using Nmm we simply open our data folder and Activate All Fomods with FoMM

Because other then Fomodos and Extract Bsa thats all i am aware about FoMM functions.

75% of the mods you see uninstalled are actually installed its just that we made 4 huge mod packages instead of having to activate them 1 by one

post-380717-0-80862600-1395185003_thumb.jpg

Sorry, but this is going to sound rough:

Huge mod packages are a very bad idea. 

1. You give the user no control over the content he/she is going to install.

2. They are outdated extremely quick, leading to

3. the impossibility to add or remove mods, since

4. they don't factor in specs, requirements, instructions, issues, etc.

5. It is way harder to fix a broken game, if you don't know where the problem is, especially for people that are unexperienced in modding.

6. I highly doubt that you have/will get the permissions required to distribute those mods, for instance NVSE and its derivatives should under no circumstances be included with mods.

If you do them for yourself that is fine, but for people looking for a quick fix they are going to be a way bigger nightmare than to install mods one by one.

O_o it is stated that they do not need all mods

and to use this with the mods they want and know that works,

if the mod gets updated they simply have to reupdate the package

this is for personal usage i am not showing people how to upload a mod

i have no intension of distributing anything..

why everyone always says that i am never ever going to include any sexout mesh or texture or dialogue or script in my mods. NEVER please stop always repeating i need permissions...

i know how this works i had to get 23 authorization to make my project

i will just build my mods considering people might use them.

this is an alternative helping post once again

gosh please you know what please delete this post...

everyone just sounds so rude about it i am not liking this 

Please don't take it personal, we're not trying to discourage you from helping or offering different solutions. 

What we are trying to say is, that the suggested methods will not benefit a new user in the mid- to long run. A big part of modding is to understand how things work, at least on a most basic level. This might not be entirely true for other games, but in Beth-games, which have a highly modular plugin structure it is not beneficial to skip steps, just to save time.

And I can tell you from my own (painful) experience that it takes a lot more time to fix a broken game, because I took the easier and faster route in the beginning as well.

well that's the thing might be a easy route but in the beginning last year.

we started with skyrim, and we never used nmm or fomm or anything, we would always do manual overriding and well

then when 1 tiny mod made our entire game unplayable since we replaced the default meshes by manually doing it obviously.

so we started saving backups of the entire game.

But then by doing this sometimes would corrupt my saved games, but basically both ways will most likely corrupt the saves no mather what

we just since them keep save cleans somewhere.

no mather what ,when a file is a fomod/fomm file we install it with fomm, we never extract it or use anything else to install it

but we still place it inside our zip file so that when nmm extracts it

we have to manually go activate the fommod's inside data folder, we just put them inside to make sure not to forget them

and alot of mods are just like  you open Zip  it starts with textures so all we do is add a data folder so it works on nmm

And really the only only reason we use Nmm like i said is fnv4gb wont launch with fomm dunno why

And because of the *Mods* Tab  Simply because all it does is the exact same thing has a manual override but it saves the real files has a backup somewhere.

Same has FoMM does when you install a fomod yes.

But when the file is only a Zip file, other then manually extracting it only solution is nmm or am i too dumb and there is an option inside FoMM that extracts Zip files the same way?

All i see is Bsa Extracting, Fomod's installation 

basically there is only the plugins on FoMM wich is why we use another mod managing.

permanent override is out of the question for us.

This is actually 1 year of over 800 mods used tweaking and it is by far the best solution we found, i do not know about other Managers but

Only reason we use Nmm is like i said to make sure there is no permanent files lost

FOMM has the features you are talking about. For zip, rar and 7zip including Fomods all of these can be installed using the package manager in FOMM. The same way using FOMM to install the Fomod.

@A.J. She needs to learn how to launch the fnv4gb from FOMM

And really the only only reason we use Nmm like i said is fnv4gb wont launch with fomm dunno why

I don't know how to do that myself . Perhaps you or someone here can help them with this issue. If we are telling them the best way to install Sexout mods is to use FOMM then we need to help them understand how to do this task. This way they have the options available to them to use either the NMM or FOMM as they desire and not be forced to use NMM because of a feature that they can't get to work in FOMM ;)

@Minoumini

Can you give the link to the version or download that you are using for fnv4gb in case there are some others or some info that might be helpful in solving that issue. I know that it can be done. I just never had to use the 4gb program myself.

Ritual:

But when the file is only a Zip file, other then manually extracting it only solution is nmm or am i too dumb and there is an option inside FoMM that extracts Zip files the same way?

Also, it's still possible to use FOMM for installing mods and sorting LO, then launching the 4gb as separated icon

downloaded http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35262/?  4gb

And then when in custom launch i put C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\fnv4gb.exe

And nooooow just to piss me off it worked.... Nyanya

finally lol because FoMM launches alot faster :3

but id still like to know where to use FoMM has a Unziper and not just a fomod installer...

i really never saw this option.. i know once it install a fomod it has a backup zip file somewhere but that is not what we want. well yes we still install fomods with fomm but..

Nvm !!yep  yep  now we get it...when it says no script it is simply because the zip file is not properly built...

only because of that we always avoided it for that reason.

Going to remake all this with fomm since we also saw how to make a Fomm file also

and we wanted to learn how to make bsa and fomm does that soooo

will have to redo everything now i am going to delete nmm ,hah they dont deserve the free publicity :3

That's usually the way, Package Manager - Add FOMOD - then it let you choose or a fomod or a compressed archive, then it asks if you want to make a copy, then you can activate or de-activate it all the times you want.

downloaded http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35262/?  4gb

And then when in custom launch i put C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\fnv4gb.exe

And nooooow just to piss me off it worked.... Nyanya

finally lol because FoMM launches alot faster :3

but id still like to know where to use FoMM has a Unziper and not just a fomod installer...

i really never saw this option.. i know once it install a fomod it has a backup zip file somewhere but that is not what we want. well yes we still install fomods with fomm but..

Nvm !!yep  yep  now we get it...when it says no script it is simply because the zip file is not properly built...

only because of that we always avoided it for that reason.

Going to remake all this with fomm since we also saw how to make a Fomm file also

and we wanted to learn how to make bsa and fomm does that soooo

will have to redo everything now i am going to delete nmm ,hah they dont deserve the free publicity :3

Yep, that is the reason many here won't use NMM besides the reasons mentioned above.

Now you see FOMM has the tools that you want for your manager. Features that NMM don't have. ;)

Any mod installed into FOMM can be extracted to the folder of choice (desktop usually is my choice )

Install a mod and use the "EXTRACT TO" option and select a location. The file will be extracted. If you want to extract a mod for its contents use 7zip to extact. It won't activate the FOMOD scripts but will give you the folder structure related to textures, meshes, esp/esm etc.

In tools on the menu is a BSA broser and an extractor for those tough stubborn BSA files. You can look or just extract them.

FOMM has a BOSS sorter built in as well

Finally for the icing on the cake if you have FNVedit you can launch FNVedit right from FOMM to do some dirty editing fixing merging records changing etc. What ever your little heart desires.