Ritual of Molag Bal: anyone working on this?

arkanae

A while ago, a well-inspired dweller of this realm posted an idea for a mod around the Ritual of Molag Bal (in other words, how full-blooded vampires are brought into this world by the Prince of Enslavement and Domination:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/7957-ritual-of-molag-bal-becoming-a-pure-blooded-vampire-dawnguard-spoilers/

This seems to be dead however, as the last update was more than a year ago.

This idea originated in the Daedric-lord-rape story that is pretty apparent between the lines of Bethesda's description of how Serana and Valerica became Vampire Lords, and that would form a natural basis to a great sex mod.

In short: be raped by Molag Bal, survive the ordeal, get vampiric powers. 

Interestingly, beyond the canonical story around Vampire Lords in Dawnguard, there are other elements in-game that could contribute to the story:

- the abandoned house (and related quest) in Markarth

- the description of Molag Bal as prince of slavery

There seems to be some common ideas with SD and SD+, but this seems to open up to much more... extreme situations than SD does.

So, did anyone have more ideas around this? And more importantly did someone start working on this?

Honestly the whole enslavemnt and rape part is definitly more Molag Bal rather then Sanguine.

^That.

Lore-wise, I feel that the slavery aspect of SD is tacked-on: Sanguine is a drunken he-whore, but not a sadist. Not that lore is a big issue for me... but in this case it can give the whole player-slave aspect a much richer dimension.

What I think is a bigger problem with SD and SD+ is that it is trying to do too much. Kudos to Skyrimll to have *made* it do so much and do it reasonably stably... but I would have liked to have more consistency and depth.

On the other hand, given that I have barely enough time to play the mods out there, let alone create my own, I will just be thankfull for what exists... and encourage any modder that wants to take on the Molag Bal ritual...

Well the thing is, the way Skirimll works on SD+, he seems to aim to make it almost like a framework, where the SD+ mod would allow people to build stories and events around it.

Otherwise, I think he'd have gone for much more specific, in-depth encounters, which you just can't do with something as dynamic as SD.

Also, way I see it, Sanguine would probably be more into anything sexual, so I think permanent sex slaves would be his thing. Molag Bal seems more like the kind of Daedra to target you, hurt you as much as he can, force you into submission, then completely forget about you. Both can have similar events happenning, although I believe Molag Bal would be more into attrocious pain than pleasure. 

All in all, I AM curious to actually see this ritual. just putting my two cents out there

GaggedGirl, this is also the impression I got of SD+ recent development direction.

The way I see it, we definitely need a Slavery framework for SL, that is able to track:

- player and NPC slavery state (free, enslaved, jailed, owned but free to roam, on the run)

- owners (both player and NPCs)

- slavery-related restraint and confinement

- aggro based on owner's faction

Then both SD+, Submit, Defeat and LADL would be able to play nice to each other, the parts I don't care too much for in the current SD could be spun off on their own, and we could have a nice Master-NPC mod.

Which is what I saw as the main attraction of doing something around Molag Bal. Being the slave of a powerful Daedric Lord makes lore-friendly sense, even for a Dragonborn. And the character of Molag Bal fits a path from proud warrior to complete subjugation, as well as from humble exile into the plaything of a powerful Daedra...

A bit more detail about what I had in mind... If I ever learn enough about scripting to do it... Warning, future quest spoilers ahead!

Initiation of the quest series:
- the player wanders into the abandoned house in Markarth, and completes the related quest
- the player becomes a vampire
- the player sides with the vampires in Dawnguard

Either way, the first quest starts:

*Lord and Slave*

Get access to the Ritual Grounds (a Portal to Molagh Bal's realm) and start the ritual

As the first quest starts, some revelations will be made about Molag Bal, and the Ritual:

Lamae Beolfag, or Lamae Bal as she was later known, was not the first full blood vampire. She was merely the first to survive the ritual. And a stunningly simple cure for vampirism exists... for women at least. But such details are little known outside of the leading Vampire Families. The best kept secret, however, is probably that one does not need to be a virgin to undergo the ritual... it simply makes it easier to complete, if harder to survive...

Access to the Portal requires some preparation (fetch quests that are likely to see the player defeated, and raped, thus negating the virgin advantage).

Then, once the Portal is activated, the Ritual can begin.... which transports the player to  Molag Bahl's realm.

The Ritual has only one purpose: for the woman to be impregnated by Moalg Bal Himself. This is harder than it would seem, however...

While the Daedric Prince is a dominating sadist, who takes pleasure in the degradation, moral suffering and subjection of human playthings, it is very seldom that His pleasure reaches... completion. Usually, only a perfect combination of moral stimulation (the Daedra relishes the idea of sullying unspoiled territory, hence the advantage to virginity) and exigent physical delight (utter subjection of His chosen toy, prolonged sexual stimulation and the sense of... complete intimate possession) will get the ageless Prince to release his seed. And if not done in the very innards of the poor slave, it might not take root, thus failing he ritual.

Even when the ritual succeeds, however, the slave will seldom survive the abuse, and the massive violation... Even getting the first of the Vampire Lord's power is a test in itself, granted by surviving the birth of the abomination that took root in the slave's entrails...

And Vampirism is not always forever. Only the ones that stay His perfectly impure slave, Receptacle of His Filth, will retain the trait.

If mortal seed (from other than a full blood vampire or the Prince himself) takes root in the entrails of a women vampire, she will loose her powers...

And would have to go through the Ritual once more, with increased hardship, to regain them.

For some, succeeding will become impossible, keeping them enslaved in His realm, eternal playthings of His deviance.

• 9 months later...

Archived