View File

Kendo 2's Type3 Custom Textures

These are my personal Type3 textures for my custom companions. People have been asking for them so here they are. I am hesitant to share these as I do not want them showing up on Nexus or people hi-jacking them (ala BlackBlossom) and pretending they created something they didn't. Anyway, aside from my contribution to Type3, I take no credit for the work. Luchaire, Kiwi and Xaznom did all of the heavy lifting, I just tweaked them a little.

WHAT IT ADDS:
I have hand painted new rosey nipples, 3 vagina variations and 2 anus variations. Molina's body texture is super smooth with no flaws. Cheryl's body texture received the same treatment with added highlights and plenty of sexy moles (perfect for girls with pale skin, though Molina's works just as well.) I think these textures are too specialized to be used as general replacers but they will work in that role. The body textures are waxed and clean. I do not like pubic hair and I do not do 'wasteland nasty'. If you want a girl who looks like her pussy stinks, stick with BOG.

CONTENTS:
3 vagina variations of Cheryl's 'moles' body texture.
3 vagina variations of Molina's super svelte body texture.
A Cup versions of the body textures.
2 face textures for Cheryl and Molina (fresh scrubbed and makeup)
Optional hi-rez normals for the faces, bodies and hands (These are the REAL deal, not fakes).

(All of the textures are raw and uncompressed. This makes it easy to modify them with tattoos or whatever and not result in artifacts showing up after compression. I did not include diffused hand textures. If you need them just request it.)

Also included are the Hex Codes and a tutorial by eronel55 for using FO3 Edit or NV Edit to apply my preset face textures. It is very easy to understand and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results. Just look at the screenshots. I did not include the face morphs. It is one thing to share a makeup job or a body texture, but I'm not about to hand over my girls' faces.

CREDITS:
dimon99 for the original Type3 Body, Lucharie for the base body textures, kiwi82mx for the real hi-rez body normal texture, Xaznom for the Many Faces face textures, eronel55 for the Hex Code tutorial, and Kendo 2 for everything else.

PERMISSIONS:
This mod is not a resource. No exceptions.

Effective 13 March 2016
I will no longer be providing mod support or otherwise communicating publicly on Lover’s Lab. All support questions and other comments will be handled HERE. My absence from Lover's Lab either by accident or design is not to be interpreted as permission to use my uploaded content as resource material. This shall commence immediately, effective 13 March 2016.

• 2 months later...

I am very confused , how do i use them?

Should i do what Kendo 2 typed here:

Also included are the Hex Codes and a tutorial by eronel55 for using FO3 Edit or NV Edit to apply my preset face textures. It is very easy to understand and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results. Just look at the screenshots. I did not include the face morphs. It is one thing to share a makeup job or a body texture, but I'm not about to hand over my girls' faces.

?

• 4 weeks later...

Two questions:

1) Can you please explain why the hex codes are necessary? Why can't we just overwrite the existing head textures?

Or is there something else going on, which is why my character's head always seem to be a different shade from the body?

2) Since hand textures aren't included, what should we use instead to make it match your body texture? Default ones from Type 3?

The thing about the hex codes only applies if you want the skin tones and make up effects of the girls in the screenshots.  Doing the hex code thing is not required to get the textures to work.  Just use the textures in this pack like you would any Type3 textures.

Concerning the hand textures; you can use the ones you already have for Type3.  If you are using BlackBlossom's BOG bullshit then I suggest downloading the original Type3 from FO3 (available on Nexus) and replace all of her fake hi-rez stupidity with real textures.

Also, the head not matching the body is a common issue with FO3/NV.  It is either the ArchiveInvalidation is not working or you have not tweaking your ini files to allow for new textures.  Or it could be both.  For Fallout games I use the Fallout Mod Manager.  It works better than the Nexus Mod Manager.  If you look on the BOG page at Nexus there is a guide for tweaking the ini.  She took that from the Official Type3 New Vegas Release page.  It is my guide so I know it works.  She just copy/pasted someone else's work (like she does with her textures). :P

• 2 months later...

Yepper's, I decided to back up my textures, and rename yours, and place them in my skin texture folder, and they work great, and look great, I have not looked closely at the Vaginal area, during some of the more flexible Sex act's, but all looks very good.

Thx you for these, They have a much better look than any others I have tried.

I wish I could give the oily skin on these as easy as i could for the oblivion skins. For some reason the difuse, and ambient, numerical setting in Snifskope are greyed out, a nother Curse from the Bethesda team I guess. {I am sure they had some good reason for it..Maybe}

The only way would be to adjust the gray scale in the _n.dds. far to much trouble for me to get right, would take a lot of trial and error, I just do not have time for right now, and I am not sure you would get the same effect as you do from adjusting the Diffuse, and ambient settings, and the glossiness

anyway I really like what you did with these. and am enjoying them :)

Xunamarox has some oily normals for Type3 uploaded at Nexus.  They are really quite good but I don't like the way her face normal fundamentally changes the way the face looks.  I THINK she has a tutorial somewhere on how to do it OR it is buried in the posts of her thread there.

She's also a member here so maybe you could PM her and get some input.  She's really talented.

http://www.loverslab.com/user/21885-xunamarox/

Anyway, I made these textures to work specifically with my Cali Boobs body mesh and since Type6 is really just Backsteppo's Cali narrowed shoulder mesh made to look like a vanilla FO body, there shouldn't be any issues on the arms or legs.  There will most likely be a noticeable seam on the crotch though.  And I'm glad you like the textures. :)

after remaking, the Normal map's, and some advise from Xunamarox whom, I probably bothered more than I should I have gotten a very nice look with your texture.

I still have the neck line, but I had that before creating the new normals, probably something to do with using the T6m body, I use it mainly because it is packaged with sexout, and the shoulders seem a little better.

My biggest problem I suppose was that you packaged no normal's, and I was using the default ones from another Skin, after I deleted those, and made new one's in photo shop, everything snapped into place better, and I have a nice glimmy real skin look to the body. And you did not include hands in the package, and they are off, but I can live with that.

I did not go for a full oily look, unfortunatly the adjustments have to be done, as I thought with the Normal map, and if you over brighten the Alpha normal, which is what you have to adjust, it can easy become washed out looking, and to me is not the same oily look one can get with "Oblivion" by adjusting the Ambient color, glossiness, and Disfusion. It is a shame those are not adjustable in NifSkope on FONV models.

You can get a very nice oily skin look with those adjustments. But it is much better, and does not have the flat look.

I used a setting of 4 in the MinZ scale, which seems pretty nice, with out doing any overly bumpy look, keeping a nice smooth skin look.

Darkened the new Alpha channel -150 twice for a total of -300, and it looks rather nice, the new Alpha Normal from the Skin actually being to bright at the start is why I darkened it instead of brightening it, If you want the to shinny for me oily look you would just brighten the Alpha Normal to prefered taste, and look at it, in game and go back and adjust until you get what you want taking care to keep the same values on the face, and body.

There are head, hand and body normals in the uploads as an option.  Anyway, I'm glad Xun helped you get the look you want.

Concerning the Neck Line:  That is a Fallout mesh issue and has to do with the weights on the neck seam of the body not matching the weights on the head.  It isn't a textures issue like Oblivion or Skyrim. It is 100% Bethesda's fault.  The ONLY person I know who made a true seamless body is kiwiw82mx and he's not sharing it with anyone.  You can thank BlackBlossom and her hi-jacking BS for that.

• 2 weeks later...

There are head, hand and body normals in the uploads as an option.  Anyway, I'm glad Xun helped you get the look you want.

Concerning the Neck Line:  That is a Fallout mesh issue and has to do with the weights on the neck seam of the body not matching the weights on the head.  It isn't a textures issue like Oblivion or Skyrim. It is 100% Bethesda's fault.  The ONLY person I know who made a true seamless body is kiwiw82mx and he's not sharing it with anyone.  You can thank BlackBlossom and her hi-jacking BS for that.

yes, I did not mention, but figured everyone knew i also had to set the glossyness on the mesh to 100.

I did not want the overly shiny textures I saw on someone else's stuff, But I have a very nice, sweaty, or oily looking skin, and making my own Normal maps was actually a good thing, that way I got the amount of ruffness I think looks best, (personalized to my taste)

I really thx u for your textures.

I have a screen door mesh I might place lightly over the Normal latter, and see what effects I can get, depending on it's Opacity. It is a very fine alpha channeled mesh. May look dumb, I have had luck with it on some of my Poser bump maps

post-123-0-93509900-1413965313_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hey kendo, love the textures man. Just an fyi, I'm going to use them in my mod and they look great!

uzLz9sR.jpg

I have a couple of technical questions:

1) The textures don't support the facegen texturing in the GECK, right? Or do I need to have an extra file for that to work?

2) N00b bonus question:

How do you achieve symmetry when making the textures? Are you really careful, do you only make half of the texture and mirror the results, or is there some other special trick to it? I wanted to try my hand at applying some light touch-ups but I'm more fumbling around than achieving anything worthwile (I use PS). 

The textures will behave like vanilla ones; full texture control type support for chargen in game or the GECK.

I mirror some things (nipples, labia, wrist areas where there will be a seam) and then I touch them up by hand so they are not 100% mirrored copies), otherwise I paint them by hand the old fashioned way; apply the texture on a nif and then painting in GIMP.  Paint some, save the dds and look at the results in nifscope.  Type3 has a brutal UV in some areas of the body and extracting a TGA of the UV and trying to paint by that is a waste of time for me.

I'm glad you like them enough to use them in a mod.   :)

The textures will behave like vanilla ones; full texture control type support for chargen in game or the GECK.

I mirror some things (nipples, labia, wrist areas where there will be a seam) and then I touch them up by hand so they are not 100% mirrored copies), otherwise I paint them by hand the old fashioned way; apply the texture on a nif and then painting in GIMP.  Paint some, save the dds and look at the results in nifscope.  Type3 has a brutal UV in some areas of the body and extracting a TGA of the UV and trying to paint by that is a waste of time for me.

I'm glad you like them enough to use them in a mod.   :)

Hmm, I must be doing something wrong then, because I couldn't actually alter them in the GECK. I renamed them, and changed the folder structure around, because I can keep hardly track of things as is, so it might be that I forgot to set a texture in Nifskope. It looks fine in the GECK and in-game (see screenshot from previous post), but any changes in the GECK facegen texture section won't show.

I was actually hoping there was something for GIMP/PS like Blender's mirror mode (I think most 3D programs have that), where you can construct a mesh and it mirrors it in real-time. I'm actually looking into the face textures, since I wanted to get an in-between of the make-up and the cleaned up version, without the heavy eye-shadow. 

That's odd.  I have no problems with custom file paths and these textures.  Hmmm.  Are you sure you have the BSShaderTextureSets in your nifs pathed to the vanilla folder structure?

textures\characters\female\upperbodyfemale.dds and so on?  If you do, the game should read whatever texture paths for the races you have set up in the GECK.

As far as I know, PS and GIMP do not have a mirror function.  That sure would be handy though.

That's odd.  I have no problems with custom file paths and these textures.  Hmmm.  Are you sure you have the BSShaderTextureSets in your nifs pathed to the vanilla folder structure?

textures\characters\female\upperbodyfemale.dds and so on?  If you do, the game should read whatever texture paths for the races you have set up in the GECK.

As far as I know, PS and GIMP do not have a mirror function.  That sure would be handy though.

That might actually be the problem. I pointed them to your textures, both in Nifskope and in the GECK.

Edit: Yup, that was it. I remembered why I did it in the first place (it used the male normal map). I copied your normal into the folder where the texture is, renamed it to my file-name and now it works as it should.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please explain how to install this?

The hi rez folder only includes 3 files, do i just place it in the female textures folder without renaming?

What exactly am i supposed to rename the molina/cheryl files to and what is the difference between vag01, vag02 and hotsex? I cant find any screenshots of the three different types?

Also how do i compress them for normal use?