MBWS Follower mods on the Nexus?

• 2 weeks later...

Sexlab Romance doesn't seem to work on them but Matchmaker does.

attachicon.gif2014-04-26_00031.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-04-26_00035.jpg

This one kinda reminds me of AIRPLANE for some reason...

attachicon.gif2014-04-26_00033.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-04-26_00036.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-04-26_00037.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-04-26_00039.jpg

It's odd that Matchmaker would work but Sexlab Romance wouldn't... oh well, never mind.

It's because previous verisons of Romance had a check in called 'IsPlayableRace' The value was set to 1 meaning that you could only initiate dialogue with NPC's that are playable races.

MBWS followers are custom races with their own skeletons and such which is why it didn't work.

I think a recent update to Romance about a week ago changed this field so grab the newest one and try again.

Alternatively, if you've modified the text of an older version to personal tastes just load it up in the CK and change the 1 to a 0.

• 3 weeks later...

Why does that modder keep deleting his mods?  I don't get it.

Some people are obsessive perfectionists, this is particularly evident among the Japanese.

However, I believe the original reason for the removal of the MBWS characters was because of permission issues with some or all of the custom hairs.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 

MBWS Followers Renewal - MBWS Followers ALL version -SeveNBase-    version 1.3, NMM reports 1.61 available =/

MBWS Followers ALL version -CBBE--50190-1-0  (downloaded march 5th, but I hadn't added it to NMM yet, so I haven't tried it yet)

If anyone wants them, just point me in the direction for upload instructions here.

Hi can you upload the MBWS Followers ALL version -CBBE--50190-1-0 by reply to this reply. Thanks!

I was just looking for the MBWS mod when I noticed it was gone. Was there anything new besides MBWS Serana and the extra followers? I'm looking for any facelift mod he did for the vanilla followers beside Serana.

Apart from material permissions, I don't see characters being "too asian" should be a valid reason for a ban.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't understand why people would complain characters looking too "Asian"...don't use it.

because there are people who are bothered by the pure existence of some things. Its a psychological phaenomenon very widely spread among humans. I believe the core of this feeling is a form of "angst" (or fear in plain english :) ). People are afraid that it might one day threaten them (much like some americans believe that a group of fanatics 5000+ miles away threaten their "way of life").

The problem with this is, while there may be some sense to it, its usually nonsense and often dangerous. However, its not a feeling that can be just "turned off" like a machine, it takes a lot of knowledge and personal discipline to control the "angst".

I hope that helps you understand why some people will always be against something even if its purely optional and not immediately concerning for them. You should in no way reply to them in anger or in the "same language". If you cannot ignore them then at least make sure you dont delve into "obscenity", wont help you and wont help him.

Back to topic: If its really true that the author pulled his mod because of hairstyles than its a shame. I understand that the hairstyles are the work of another author and one needs his permission but not every author is easily reachable or may not reply or may not be active anymore or ignores personal messages etc. etc. making it a hassle to get permission. My advice to mod authors, as long as a mod that uses your work is not overly similar to your own, let them use it. As long as they give full credits (and a link to your work) it is only beneficial for you. Because many people who download (in this case) the follower mod may want the hairstyles too and then they will follow the link to your mod which gives you more downloads more endorsements and overall more popularity. So you can only win.

Archived