On 3/20/2018 at 12:02 AM, HermausMoron said:

Had an idea re: egg sacs that I thought might work well using the ZAZ framework. As T.ara intimated a disinterest in spider content (though they liked the hammock idea), I figured I might try cross-posting my suggestion here:

On a related note, I don't know how to get spiders to hang my character.

The mod page states that this isn't ever going to include spider sex or impregnation, it is strictly a cocooning peril themed mod.

On an unrelated note, I have been working on some alternatives for the ZaZ cocoons that are more form fitting.  I have run into some technical challenges, and some personal issues, but may be in a position to release an "Alpha" of them soon.   

23 hours ago, Ghrolath(blabla77777) said:

The mod page states that this isn't ever going to include spider sex or impregnation, it is strictly a cocooning peril themed mod.

On an unrelated note, I have been working on some alternatives for the ZaZ cocoons that are more form fitting.  I have run into some technical challenges, and some personal issues, but may be in a position to release an "Alpha" of them soon.   

Oh so you are still working on this? Good to hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Hooray!  Glad to hear this is still in the works.  I do thoroughly enjoy this aspect added to my game. 

I would like to propose to your consideration on the parts of web entanglement effect.

Is there a way that you could work into the mod a way that it does not happen instantly with the first landed hit?
Perhaps introduce a slowing/encumbered timer, that stacks with each subsequent hit if the player cannot run the timer down.  An once the player is encumbered to the point of zero movement penalty, then they get fully webbed an the asdw game to break free begins.  

This would build the degree of danger for the player as the webs grow stronger an tighter an more restrictive of movements during combat, an then the arachnid fun, I mean terror...begins!

8 hours ago, XZero said:

Hooray!  Glad to hear this is still in the works.  I do thoroughly enjoy this aspect added to my game. 

I would like to propose to your consideration on the parts of web entanglement effect.

Is there a way that you could work into the mod a way that it does not happen instantly with the first landed hit?
Perhaps introduce a slowing/encumbered timer, that stacks with each subsequent hit if the player cannot run the timer down.  An once the player is encumbered to the point of zero movement penalty, then they get fully webbed an the asdw game to break free begins.  

This would build the degree of danger for the player as the webs grow stronger an tighter an more restrictive of movements during combat, an then the arachnid fun, I mean terror...begins!

I had something like in the place several builds ago but it honestly made fighting the spiders extremely more trivial to the point you forget the mod is even installed. It's something I need to mess with more in terms of balance, so don't worry too much, it's still something I'm interested in doing at some point.

On 4/7/2018 at 10:58 AM, Kazyn said:

I had something like in the place several builds ago but it honestly made fighting the spiders extremely more trivial to the point you forget the mod is even installed. It's something I need to mess with more in terms of balance, so don't worry too much, it's still something I'm interested in doing at some point.

Maybe add a setting where you can set how many times a Spider must hit you before you become entangled. And it can be different depending on whether it’s a small, normal, or giant spider.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks very cool, but I ran into one fairly big issue.

Currently, if I have any injury/wounds or a defeat mod that isn't death alternative installed, it can conflict with this mod. Since the player can still be hit while webbed, she can get incredibly wounded or defeated, causing issues. If you add an effect or perk to the player while webbed that blocks damage from spiders, she shouldn't get extremely wounded, and shouldn't bleed out.

6 hours ago, IronDusk33 said:

This looks very cool, but I ran into one fairly big issue.

Currently, if I have any injury/wounds or a defeat mod that isn't death alternative installed, it can conflict with this mod. Since the player can still be hit while webbed, she can get incredibly wounded or defeated, causing issues. If you add an effect or perk to the player while webbed that blocks damage from spiders, she shouldn't get extremely wounded, and shouldn't bleed out.

That's already in place. When webbed, you take significantly less damage.

19 minutes ago, Kazyn said:

That's already in place. When webbed, you take significantly less damage.

Hmm, well I was testing in Cronvangr Hall, being webbed by about 12 spiders at once, I guess the poison built up. I might just remove the health damage the web gives in a self-made patch. Thanks for the reply anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

so with the controller for me at least the B button opens the inventory menu so it doesn't work all the time, the d pad might be a good alternative. I'm still playing around with it but this is my experience so far. but this mod is one of my favorites.    

• 1 month later...

Thanks for making a great mod! I just wanted to mention a few things I noticed while testing it out.

1. Your mod page listed this mod as not SE compatibly but I tested it on SE anyway with SKSE64 and it seemed to work just as well as on vanilla

2. I think this has been mentioned already, but when failing the escape section enough times and receiving the message "spider bites its prey", nothing happens and it calls another struggle/stay still/kick spider dialogue. The only death alternative mod I use is defeat and I tried toggling both essential/non essential and no death occurred either time.

3. On small bug I experienced was being hit by another 'spitball' during the fade out between passing out and appearing in the spider lair. This caused the escape cocoon in the spider lair to use the difficulty of the capture cocoon which made escape easy as well as causing the meter to be a bit buggy.

Overall this mod is probably one of my favorite death alternative mods I've used yet and I look forward to future updates/fixes ?

On 7/5/2018 at 8:51 AM, Missilethepomeranian said:

Thanks for making a great mod! I just wanted to mention a few things I noticed while testing it out.

1. Your mod page listed this mod as not SE compatibly but I tested it on SE anyway with SKSE64 and it seemed to work just as well as on vanilla

2. I think this has been mentioned already, but when failing the escape section enough times and receiving the message "spider bites its prey", nothing happens and it calls another struggle/stay still/kick spider dialogue. The only death alternative mod I use is defeat and I tried toggling both essential/non essential and no death occurred either time.

3. On small bug I experienced was being hit by another 'spitball' during the fade out between passing out and appearing in the spider lair. This caused the escape cocoon in the spider lair to use the difficulty of the capture cocoon which made escape easy as well as causing the meter to be a bit buggy.

Overall this mod is probably one of my favorite death alternative mods I've used yet and I look forward to future updates/fixes ?

1. Good to know that it works on SE, at least in your experience. The "no" on special edition compatibility is more of an "untested" rather than a flat-out "will not work on SE" indication.

2. Some people have reported problems with this. It's not something I can reproduce reliably, but have also encountered it from time to time.

3. Finally, yes, that's another bug that requires a very specific set of circumstances to be in place and to occur in the right place at the right time. That's the nature of this mod, it seems.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm going to let these issues slide, but I also don't have a solution for them right away either.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, I managed to get the death to trigger and figured out the cause by looking in the scripts:

After seeing this I had a hunch that installing DA would fix my issue and sure enough once DA was installed the death state triggered as expected (although it still came up with another struggle message box but nevermind). Unfortunately I wasn't using DA on my characters previously so with DA turned off the death triggers will not function, but at least I know what was causing the issue now. Hope this helps anyone else who is having the same issue.

The funny part about all of this is it makes sense as to why that is - I currently have DA handling the death in the code. Considering DA is an essential mod in my load order, I figured why not? That was implemented a couple years ago and it seems I have forgotten all about that part. Looks like I have some modifications to make so that non-DA users will also be killed should they decide to opt in for the classic reload.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a bug I ran into. I'm not sure if this mod is the cause, but ever since I did the "tangled" scenario (where my character gets captured and escapes), bandits stopped attacking me ever since. Does this mod changes factions in some ways?

Again, I'm not exactly sure if this mod is the culprit, but this might be worth checking out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I don't know why but when I'm attacked by spiders, nothing happen. No web when they bite or spit on me even with CCAS scenario. I have the last update. Someone ran into this issue?

EDIT: I also have SD+ maybe it have some conflict with this mod?

I've run SD+ in the past and it works fine. Are you using other mods that modify spiders in any way shape or form? Specifically their attacks? You do have the ZaZ Animation pack right? I can confirm it's worked from version 6 all the way to 8 as well. Otherwise, it sounds like a mod you're running is overwriting the spider's behavior of this mod.

Come to think of it, didn't an update from SD+ introduce something like beast slavery recently or something? That could very well be messing with it on second thought, if that's the case.

I tried to run the game without SD+ and the same thing happen :<

Here's my list of mods that probably could conflict with the mod?:

Skyrim Chained beasts

Riding Styles 2

Hentai creatures

I have ZaZ 8.0.

I'll try to disable all those mods and will edit if any of those conflict.

Just gave this a test run, very impressive mod over all :). I did have some issues:

- The spiders take way too long to wrap the character - often they would kill me before wrapping me up, at other times my follower would free herself before the spiders were done wrapping me. I am running a heavily modded game, so that might be part of the problem, maybe something increases their damage? Might need some MCM options to make it faster, even at max web setting the additional amount of webbing I got with every hit was very small. Optimally the spiders would have a different package when the player and the followers are all wrapped where they just go to their position and somehow increase the webbing.

- There was no cocoon on my character - not in the fight and not in the lair - but it worked flawlessly on my follower.

I was testing at the entrance of Cronvangr Cave, there are five or six rather small frostbite spiders. They were lobbing webbing and attacking me with their legs. Apart from the above issues everything worked, i.e. getting hit by the web quickly threw both me and my follower to the ground.

Small spiders aren't going to web you very fast. Meanwhile, victims take substantially reduced damage when entangled. That being said, the small spiders are very much intended to be little more than a nuisance, while the larger ones are intended to be a bit more scary. Try getting stuck with just one Giant Frostbite Spider and you'll see the difference. As for the webbing not showing up, ensure you're running ZaZ 7 or 8. My character just got webbed earlier today and it was quite the harrowing experience for her.

I enjoy this mod from very long time. I just cant found words to describe how great mod is Arachnophobia. In fact, that should looks spider "incident" from the beginning - realised by Bethesda. But i can understand they cant do everything perfect - that normal. 

Any way, I just want to Thank you for this great mod.......And please, dont abandon this great project. Keep going.....and impatiently waiting for Chaurst addon :D

Best regards

• 1 month later...

I just had the worst Evening Ever. I was captured by some weird Tentacle Creature (Dont know why it could shoot webs), then i got in the cave, figured out how to struggle, the bar moved half a mm if i got the combination right (Which i didn´t most of the Time),So i enabled player controls and unequipped everything which dropped me onto the floor. Then it wouldn´t move at all so i played around with the success Rate and it was free so i went out the ca- No wait. I was stuck in Ragdoll floating around the Room getting even more frustrated. I killed my character and resurrected him. Because of that my Game crashed and all my progress is gone because of Inventory Autosaves. I´ll just disable the Mod for now. 

EDIT: The End of the Story ? Yeah my entire Save is ruined.  Again WIP. So yeah. Don´t let this happen to you. Backup your Saves!