Guest Ediros

Okay, I have got a couple of ideas you could use to make this mode feel more natural. I have played this for a couple of hours and compared them with both heroine in distress and the basic arachnophobia.

1.Rework the webbing system:

-Remove the timer.

-Make one bar that monitors webbing progress. Basically a bar that starts at 0% and goes to 100%.

-Keep strugling in a way it is.

-Set a percentage before you fall onto the ground webbed.

-For example you can move but you will become slower until the webbing bar goes to 20%.

-When a small spider spits web it adds 5% but the biggest one then 20%.

-As the webbing progress it becomes harder to struggle.

- The webbing will go down on its own but slowly or you can do it manually, which leaves you exposed.

2.Animation and visuals:

-There should be more stages of web progression.10 would be good.

-The spider should stand tall on its legs with its abdomen aimed at the victim and the web should come out.

3.Additional Features:

-There should be some web traps. For example if you run through one of the weaker webs it should add some small percentage.

That is all for now. Feel free to use any of those ideas.

Hi kazyn! For future updates you should fix the spots where the cocoon is gonna be,those legs jumping out every 5 seconds or being halfway in the ground is annoying,also make when cocooned you have options menu displaying your time until they like inject eggs into you which would kill you in like 3 hours? And the time in which they will eat you,options would be wiggle like it was,also the huge spiders should like check the cocoon every few hours and reduce the timers by little.Also you should be hanging head down like it was because it was really cool.For animations you should make it so that the huge spiders spin you around when they are entagling you,another options menu in which you could try to slip out,use your equipped weapon or magic to burn it.The entagle by the small spider can be as it is,oh yeah and the spiders should be close to the victim and be spitting out the web. 

Guest Ediros

By the way, there are some issues when it comes to other NPCs.

I spawned a couple of spiders to see what happens and the NPC first gets coccooned and then dies from a poison. Kind of Odd.

Also I have to agree with Arkio5896. It looks weird when our character struggles and we see their legs popping out through the web.

Another problem is with camera. When you wait too long, it starts rotating around and your stats and what is going on disappears.

Also It seems like the number of spiders doesn't effect the webbing speed only the size.

That said, I am looking forward towards the next update.

Some are and some aren't (looking forward to the update), what with the core mechanics being revamped entirely. Here's what to expect (also a bit of recap for myself):

-Arachnophobia will require Death Alternative

-Spiders no longer entangle prey on hit.

:: Spider bites paralyze, currently at 100% but will probably make that configurable in the MCM if I can figure it out

:: Spider spit slows.

:: The smallest spiders do not paralyze.

-Upon being defeated by a spider (or member of the SpiderFaction), the victim (and their follower if applicable) will be taken to the spider cave you're used to seeing in the current build.

-A little cutscene will play showing your character getting spooled into their cocoon before control is given back to you. A meter will then indicate your progress toward breaking free.

:: You start hanging upside down, fully cocooned. Through playing a small mini-game (similar to Death Alternative's Captured system), you'll damage the entangled meter.

:: As you progress in escaping, you have a chance to fall from your silky suspension and end up on the floor, making escape significantly easier.

:: Also as you progress in escaping, the chance for the spider to come check on you also increases.

:: You then have the option to try to attack the spider from within your cocoon, hold still, or continue your struggle.

*Attacking the spider is basically trying to kick it with your bound legs, we'll say, which has a higher chance of success the further along in your escape you are.

*Holding still might deter the spider from wrapping you up further at which point, there's a chance it can leave you alone. If you're on the floor rather than hanging, there's a good        chance it's going to decide you're not bound enough.

*Struggling is probably not a good idea unless you're bound tight enough. This allows you to continue struggling even while the spider is present. This has the highest chance of           failure, however. Use at your own risk.

*If any of these options result in failure, the spider re-wraps and suspends you upside down for you to start over.

*Failing a certain amount of times results in death, currently.

::Once you break free, you simply need make for the exit.

::If you have a follower, you can free them by sneaking and standing next to them, at which point they'll start becoming untangled and eventually free.

::Leaving a follower behind in the cave will either kill them or send them home. Essential followers are sent home, while regular followers are not. Protected followers will also die.

::You also get to keep your gear this time. : P

::Successfully escaping the cave will return you to the point where you were previously defeated, allowing you to resume your adventure from right where you left off.

Not everything is working as intended, however, some of which are significant snags that I don't deem acceptable for release. This is mainly the follower behavior arbitrarily functioning sometimes and other times, not so much. I still have been unable to find out just what's causing it. Needless to say, it's been causing much frustration that I have taken frequent breaks from. Has progress been made on it? Yes, but it's still not in a releasable state to me.

I also still need to redo the MCM but that shouldn't be AS big a deal so long as it cooperates.

I am absolutely excited about this release, definitely agree with the changes made to the core functionality of the mod =)

Edit: Also on a related note... why not drop the whole follower support as a first phase. Just send them away the moment you get captured. That way you can release the rest of the content when you feel its ready and then release the follower support as a later version.

Yes, but only one them I believe, which is fine. I don't use multi-follower mods. The problem is not catching the follower, that part's easy. The problem is that they're still behaving in an undesirable fashion. To give an example: After the player is moved to the cave, the follower comes running up to the player while wearing a cocoon mesh like no big deal, when they're supposed to be hanging up nearby and struggling. I've tried setting the darn thing to be restrained, to repeat the playing of the animation and various other band-aid-like fixes, but the results are always something different. It's like RNG is arbitrarily deciding "I'm working this time, but next time, I'm not!"

Some are and some aren't (looking forward to the update), what with the core mechanics being revamped entirely. Here's what to expect (also a bit of recap for myself):

-Arachnophobia will require Death Alternative

-Spiders no longer entangle prey on hit.

:: Spider bites paralyze, currently at 100% but will probably make that configurable in the MCM if I can figure it out

:: Spider spit slows.

:: The smallest spiders do not paralyze.

-Upon being defeated by a spider (or member of the SpiderFaction), the victim (and their follower if applicable) will be taken to the spider cave you're used to seeing in the current build.

-A little cutscene will play showing your character getting spooled into their cocoon before control is given back to you. A meter will then indicate your progress toward breaking free.

:: You start hanging upside down, fully cocooned. Through playing a small mini-game (similar to Death Alternative's Captured system), you'll damage the entangled meter.

:: As you progress in escaping, you have a chance to fall from your silky suspension and end up on the floor, making escape significantly easier.

:: Also as you progress in escaping, the chance for the spider to come check on you also increases.

:: You then have the option to try to attack the spider from within your cocoon, hold still, or continue your struggle.

*Attacking the spider is basically trying to kick it with your bound legs, we'll say, which has a higher chance of success the further along in your escape you are.

*Holding still might deter the spider from wrapping you up further at which point, there's a chance it can leave you alone. If you're on the floor rather than hanging, there's a good        chance it's going to decide you're not bound enough.

*Struggling is probably not a good idea unless you're bound tight enough. This allows you to continue struggling even while the spider is present. This has the highest chance of           failure, however. Use at your own risk.

*If any of these options result in failure, the spider re-wraps and suspends you upside down for you to start over.

*Failing a certain amount of times results in death, currently.

::Once you break free, you simply need make for the exit.

::If you have a follower, you can free them by sneaking and standing next to them, at which point they'll start becoming untangled and eventually free.

::Leaving a follower behind in the cave will either kill them or send them home. Essential followers are sent home, while regular followers are not. Protected followers will also die.

::You also get to keep your gear this time. : P

::Successfully escaping the cave will return you to the point where you were previously defeated, allowing you to resume your adventure from right where you left off.

Not everything is working as intended, however, some of which are significant snags that I don't deem acceptable for release. This is mainly the follower behavior arbitrarily functioning sometimes and other times, not so much. I still have been unable to find out just what's causing it. Needless to say, it's been causing much frustration that I have taken frequent breaks from. Has progress been made on it? Yes, but it's still not in a releasable state to me.

I also still need to redo the MCM but that shouldn't be AS big a deal so long as it cooperates.

sounds very cool! I love the idea all around, especially the struggle game and hanging. so we get to keep the gear, does that mean we are cocooned with our armor on? that makes sense anyway

Well I wanted to keep the armor equipped in the first place but the animations provided by ZAP had a funny way of aligning equipped gear to the character (mainly arrows). In fact, the exact problem I'm talking about are the arrows in that if they're still equipped on a character that's playing the hanging animation, the quiver will literally point at a 90 degree angle off the top of the character's waist. Looks all kinds of awkward. Meanwhile I've been unable to get those arrows to just unequip and even if I did, players who like mods (like me) that display multiple weapons on your character (like Geared Up or Equipping Overhaul) even when not equipped will still cause this visual bug. However, I've pretty much decided that it's a visual bug and nothing more. So yes, you get to keep your gear equipped in the end. Frankly, it makes the most sense.

Well I wanted to keep the armor equipped in the first place but the animations provided by ZAP had a funny way of aligning equipped gear to the character (mainly arrows). In fact, the exact problem I'm talking about are the arrows in that if they're still equipped on a character that's playing the hanging animation, the quiver will literally point at a 90 degree angle off the top of the character's waist. Looks all kinds of awkward. Meanwhile I've been unable to get those arrows to just unequip and even if I did, players who like mods (like me) that display multiple weapons on your character (like Geared Up or Equipping Overhaul) even when not equipped will still cause this visual bug. However, I've pretty much decided that it's a visual bug and nothing more. So yes, you get to keep your gear equipped in the end. Frankly, it makes the most sense.

understood and agreed on all fronts. can't wait to try out the update!

First off, the embedded video doesn't work, gotta load it up on another window. on youtube.

awesome preview! I'm glad you chose to share it with us, and no big deal that it was a 'quickie' of sorts. I can't wait to test this update out myself! that said, I do like the new escape system and the text at that.. also interesting to see how you can free your follower. though I was wondering if you'd show us what happens if you fail to escape.

that said, cute character you're running there Kazyn

Might help if I enabled embedding onto other sites. Guess it showed up fine for me since I'm the owner of the video.

Failure to escape after enough failed attempts just results in death - the old black screen to death cry out. Might make that optional or outright remove it, and just make it continue indefinitely. We'll see.

Might help if I enabled embedding onto other sites. Guess it showed up fine for me since I'm the owner of the video.

Failure to escape after enough failed attempts just results in death - the old black screen to death cry out. Might make that optional or outright remove it, and just make it continue indefinitely. We'll see.

yeah probably it.

gotcha, up to you. I'm eager  to try this out either way!

Look very promising. I would go for death if you don't escape after a while... Otherwise there is no incentive or drama.

The spawning location is a bit tricky... Exactly back where you were captured is the less intruding option for the flow of one's gameplay.

But you will always spawn in front of the very spider who captured you (risking an endless loop). 

Other options... Easy one: in front of the dungeons where you were captured. (If it was on the outside you'll respawn in the exactly same place).

Difficult option: to always respawn in some hand picked locations around skyrim... on the outside, near a rock with some webbs added to it. The hero would always respawn on the closest of such locations.

What armor is that in the video Kazyn?

That is one of the demon hunter class armors from Diablo 3. The original mod which is available here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27060/?

However, I've modified it for my personal use - by renaming the armor to be a bit more "lore"-friendly, tuning its stats and crafting materials and then meshed it with two other "higher tier" versions of demon hunter armor. That said, you won't get the same exact version I'm using because it's not available and probably won't ever be (because I don't have permission to distribute it). However, the original armor is at that link above.

Look very promising. I would go for death if you don't escape after a while... Otherwise there is no incentive or drama.

My only conflict with this is that it defeats the purpose of Death Alternative - to continue the story even after defeat. On an iron man playthrough, however (which I subject myself to frequently), then death is certainly a much larger threat. I'll have to think about it, for sure.

Other options... Easy one: in front of the dungeons where you were captured. (If it was on the outside you'll respawn in the exactly same place).

I like this idea. In fact, I'll more than likely take this option. Thank you!

Hmmm... kinda agree with Shinji on having a "drama" or "incentive" if you dont get out. I mean even on regular DA scenarios there are some outcomes (executions namely) where you can get killed if you fucked up your escape.

Edit: Also about the weird quivers... why not try and unequip them when you get captured? I know of mods that unequip quivers when you switch to a non ranged weapon so I believe this could be implemented.