• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like this mod, but has anyone else found of late that the struggle dialogues no longer appear after installing latest versions of other mods?  My PC gets cocooned fine, and even carried off to a cave somewhere, but the escape type dialogues don't seem to pop up anymore :-/

I was wondering if Deviously Cursed Loot, or some of the newer DD assets, might be affecting it, in particular the rubber suit options, and their multiple key release requirements

X posted on DCL, just in case there are any clues available from users there  :shy:

The dialog functions have long since been removed as of maybe four or five months ago. It's in the description. This mod in no way interfaces with any SexLab mods other than MAYBE the ZaZ pack? But this mod also doesn't even require SexLab to function, so there's also that. At any rate, the dialog system was replaced by hotkey functions, where you press hotkeys alternatively to break free.

The dialog functions have long since been removed as of maybe four or five months ago. It's in the description. This mod in no way interfaces with any SexLab mods other than MAYBE the ZaZ pack? But this mod also doesn't even require SexLab to function, so there's also that. At any rate, the dialog system was replaced by hotkey functions, where you press hotkeys alternatively to break free.

Thank you so much!

I missed that spoiler content on the update... :blush:

Anyway, once bitten, now twice as shy..... :shy:

Thanks again

Well, I pretty much redid a number of things, and while the intended new functionality appears to be written, there is just so much that's untested at the moment. The new struggle system is working quite nicely, but probably some needs some balancing... however that's also there in the form of additional MCM options so I think that problem's mostly solved. I've got a very rudimentary follower/player interaction system running at the moment that, while I'm lacking in the animation department, allows for the follower and player to help each other out when they're not preoccupied, but again, needs further testing.

I've also been trying to solve that long-dreaded locking camera problem, which appears to also be fixed but while my testing with it has yielded positive results, I still can't help but feel like something's missing or I overlooked something. However, overall it's very possible this build might actually be ready for release and I'm just paranoid.

While the update has been long overdue (by a few months, no less), to answer your question, I'd like to see it by at the latest midway through this month, but unfortunately, I cannot make any promises either. This is primarily because of two things: RL and my constant dissatisfaction with the current mod and the build I've been working with. At first it seems like, "Oh this is a cool idea! I'ma do dat!" after which a few days or play sessions go by and I sit back and look at the mod and constantly go to myself, "This is not a mod I would want on my Skyrim in its current condition." So it's been back and forth, back and forth mostly in that department.

Yeah, an in-game tutorial's coming. This darn thing should've been finished months ago, but a few business trips have left me quite hindered as of late.

No worries, RL happens. Just looking forward to testing the new update when it gets done.

Well, I pretty much redid a number of things, and while the intended new functionality appears to be written, there is just so much that's untested at the moment. The new struggle system is working quite nicely, but probably some needs some balancing... however that's also there in the form of additional MCM options so I think that problem's mostly solved. I've got a very rudimentary follower/player interaction system running at the moment that, while I'm lacking in the animation department, allows for the follower and player to help each other out when they're not preoccupied, but again, needs further testing.

I've also been trying to solve that long-dreaded locking camera problem, which appears to also be fixed but while my testing with it has yielded positive results, I still can't help but feel like something's missing or I overlooked something. However, overall it's very possible this build might actually be ready for release and I'm just paranoid.

While the update has been long overdue (by a few months, no less), to answer your question, I'd like to see it by at the latest midway through this month, but unfortunately, I cannot make any promises either. This is primarily because of two things: RL and my constant dissatisfaction with the current mod and the build I've been working with. At first it seems like, "Oh this is a cool idea! I'ma do dat!" after which a few days or play sessions go by and I sit back and look at the mod and constantly go to myself, "This is not a mod I would want on my Skyrim in its current condition." So it's been back and forth, back and forth mostly in that department.

still awesome to hear about your plans, but don't worry, real life is more important, it's not like we that use your mod will die or really suffer if it takes just a little bit longer. besides, I'd personally rather play one that's completed rather than rife with bugs and such.

I love your follower and player interaction idea tho. I'm guessing that'll involve text options? and hopefully the player and follower being cocooned close together (from my experience, they always seem to be pretty far apart when taken to the caves)

I have a question, though: are you doing to make DA a hard dependantcy?

No, DA will not be a hard dependency. It works like Prison Overhaul:

If you have DA installed, DA will register the mod as a potential blackout scenario.

If you do not have DA installed, then the mod simply continues to run on its own.

I love your follower and player interaction idea tho. I'm guessing that'll involve text options?

No, dialogue is something I've been having trouble with implementing safely. So pretty much what happens is a distance check. It's the opposite effect of the spider's proximity effect, actually - If the follower is close enough, AND NOT in combat, the web will start to decay around you very rapidly until you're free. The player also has a similar effect running, with the exception that they must be sneaking (since you have to crouch to help?) and near their follower (the player can only free their follower, right now) to make their cocoon lose strength rapidly.

This sounds very half-fast, I know, and if someone out there is willing to help improve this mechanic to be more believable, I'm all ears.

My Game always close after the Bethesda Intro how can i fix that i would realy love to play with this mod

You mean the beth logo? If your game closes after you see the beth logo you have a missing master file or a load order issue. Download LOOT and run it and see if that fixes it, if not then you are likely missing a requirement for one of your mods.

I enjoyed this mod. Though there were a few issues. Like sometimes when my character gets free, he would just stand there. Not moving at all, i try to get him to move but he wont.

Also when im in the spider lair, i dont feel a sense of urgency. I literally have all the time in the world.

Plus it would be cool if there was an animation of the spider literally dragging you. You wouldnt have to see the whole journey, just see the spider drag its victim and it fades to black.

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

sorry, but how do I remove a spider egg parasite inside me after having sex with a spider?

thk

The egg parasite is coming from SD+. 

You can remove them manually using your pickpocket skill if you have low arousal. If you fail, your arousal will increase so you will have to try again later.

You can also talk to Apothecaries. Some will help you and the others will just be grossed out.

hello,

sorry, but how do I remove a spider egg parasite inside me after having sex with a spider?

thk

The egg parasite is coming from SD+. 

You can remove them manually using your pickpocket skill if you have low arousal. If you fail, your arousal will increase so you will have to try again later.

You can also talk to Apothecaries. Some will help you and the others will just be grossed out.

perfect! thk so much:))

It's been a long time coming, and certainly late. In fact, it's still not finished, at least in the testing department, so I've uploaded a test version for now, but will, of course, leave the old version up until the test version becomes more stable.

I've added to the bottom of the description a testing section, which contains all the details of what to expect (or at least what's intended) in the upcoming build. For those feeling brave enough or would like to help out, feel free to give it a go and let me know just how tall the bug piles get.