Yup! I love this mod, but since 0.93 I cannot escape at all (from the spider cave). Something was changed?

What do you mean? Like you can't break from the cocoon or you can't leave the cave?

Great mod! Absolutely fantastic for a first mod!

So far, most things seem to work well. Spawned a few spiders, and PC successfully gets cocooned. Most of the time, however, the follower would simply kill the rest of the spiders, and the PC would be left wiggling on the floor -- can easily break free, since waiting will not change anything with no live spiders around. When the follower-webbed coding is implemented, this issue should be solved (no followers to free you). By the PC alone, the capture works most of the time. Rarely, the spiders may be far away (after taking care of a weakened follower), and seemed to have forgotten about the PC. Usually, the spider(s) remain near, and from the limited camera angle, sometimes I can see more webbing being added.

The cave-escaping process, as others have said, is tricky, and would benefit from some balancing. After many tries, I find the routine of first thrashing, then wiggle, then bouncing works the best (though the choices seem to be mostly random, and the probability seems to work against the player). After too many tries, I get a black screen (webbing over the eyes?) and a constant loop of "chittering closer," "web tightening," "lower to the ground," no matter what I do -- at which point I usually reload the save. Thus, I'm actually not sure about the final stage where the PC gets eaten, or whether that stage is even implemented...

When I do finally break free, I didn't mind the nakedness, and it actually helped with the cocoon animation, since my quiver tends to stick out at odd angles anyways. Killed the 2 bone horrors in the cave (were there supposed to be spiders?), but continue to hear chittering sounds of spiders close-by. I used "tfc" to look down across the whole cave, but did not see anything else alive. Proceeded to the exit... and had the same problem as ragindude -- cannot break the web barrier across the exit (tried, fire, frost, arrow, sword, ... jumping, running into it, and even shouting at it). Console "disable" worked pretty well, as did console "tcl" :P

Other than the few issues, this whole mod is a great success! Thanks for the awesome work!!

Great mod! Absolutely fantastic for a first mod!

So far, most things seem to work well. Spawned a few spiders, and PC successfully gets cocooned. Most of the time, however, the follower would simply kill the rest of the spiders, and the PC would be left wiggling on the floor -- can easily break free, since waiting will not change anything with no live spiders around. When the follower-webbed coding is implemented, this issue should be solved (no followers to free you). By the PC alone, the capture works most of the time. Rarely, the spiders may be far away (after taking care of a weakened follower), and seemed to have forgotten about the PC. Usually, the spider(s) remain near, and from the limited camera angle, sometimes I can see more webbing being added.

The cave-escaping process, as others have said, is tricky, and would benefit from some balancing. After many tries, I find the routine of first thrashing, then wiggle, then bouncing works the best (though the choices seem to be mostly random, and the probability seems to work against the player). After too many tries, I get a black screen (webbing over the eyes?) and a constant loop of "chittering closer," "web tightening," "lower to the ground," no matter what I do -- at which point I usually reload the save. Thus, I'm actually not sure about the final stage where the PC gets eaten, or whether that stage is even implemented...

When I do finally break free, I didn't mind the nakedness, and it actually helped with the cocoon animation, since my quiver tends to stick out at odd angles anyways. Killed the 2 bone horrors in the cave (were there supposed to be spiders?), but continue to hear chittering sounds of spiders close-by. I used "tfc" to look down across the whole cave, but did not see anything else alive. Proceeded to the exit... and had the same problem as ragindude -- cannot break the web barrier across the exit (tried, fire, frost, arrow, sword, ... jumping, running into it, and even shouting at it). Console "disable" worked pretty well, as did console "tcl" :P

Other than the few issues, this whole mod is a great success! Thanks for the awesome work!!

Escaping from the cocoon in the cave is random each time, but waiting (and thus feeling for a potential weakness) gives you a hint as to what might be the best choice and what might not be.

As for the blackout... I have a feeling as to what might be causing that. You might NOT be using a mod that makes the player essential, which tells me that the function to KillEssential doesn't work on actors that aren't essential. I didn't take that possibility into consideration. Expect an update on that here pretty soon. But yeah, during the blackout, you are supposed to die. lol

Now... why you have bone horrors spawning is beyond me. Sounds like you might be running something that changes the reference IDs of the spiders to something else, probably inadvertantly. If you never came across a spider at all, then that would explain why you couldn't get past the web barrier, because the barrier will only disperse when the spider is killed.

Oh yeah, I meant to answer that. The were stripped because of clipping issues that some armors have with the cocoon. So that was intentional. The cocoon itself actually doesn't replace anything because it goes in its own equipment slot.

The real thing that bothered me though were weapon and ammo equips, to include shields. A big disk would be protruding from the cocoon, quivers would be pointing straight out (the biggest offender) and so a good catch all was to just unequip everything.

I agree with the weapon stripping, but not so sure about the clothes. (I'm just testing the whole process in general, so I'm not using any armor that clips)

Then again,  you may be able to add an MCM option further down the road so the stripping is optional.

I've yet to escape from the layer, as you've said that needs some balancing.

This mod was quite fun and unexpected!

Here I was swimming, got hit by a spider web as soon as I emerged. Tried magic to get free. Nothing. Tried to wait and see, got no tip. Tried magic again, caught.

Wriggled, trashed, then waited and understood the system, what hint means what move. Got free, cremated some spiders, spent 10 minutes before finding the exit (that needs to be more self explanatory, my advice: ray of light shining through it, making it stand out). Emerged stark naked in the snow upon exiting (darn you Frostfall :P).

How about equipment being stuck in a clot of webbing? You got to return to where you were captured to get your equipment back. This makes for some improvised sneak, magic or fleeing tactics. Maybe a corpse nearby has some minimal gear.

How about equipment being stuck in a clot of webbing? You got to return to where you were captured to get your equipment back. This makes for some improvised sneak, magic or fleeing tactics. Maybe a corpse nearby has some minimal gear.

I think something like this would be neat as well. Maybe a special container in the lower part of the cave where the spider would dump anything 'inedible' on its way to its larder (located where you could get it by re-entering the cave in case you miss it on your way out). Only problem is this would mean none of your weapons or armor to fight off the spiders holding you captive. Not too bad for mages by comparison, but terrible for fighters (ideally, allowing a stealth approach would let thieves/assassins sneak their way out).

Sounds great, but sounds like a lot of work for the author.  But Prisoner Overhaul has a thing where all your gear is placed in the evidence chest, though that might just be triggering something with vanilla jail system.

Will be watching for follower support; maybe for followers it just might be better to have them be hit by Ms Leeches version, than to craft an escape option for the followers.

Or why not check the skill levels of followers?  (One handed/two handed + heavy armor/light armor - spider level) / modifier = escape chance for followers?

Or should I just keep my mouth shut? o.o

Sounds great, but sounds like a lot of work for the author.  But Prisoner Overhaul has a thing where all your gear is placed in the evidence chest, though that might just be triggering something with vanilla jail system.

Will be watching for follower support; maybe for followers it just might be better to have them be hit by Ms Leeches version, than to craft an escape option for the followers.

Or why not check the skill levels of followers?  (One handed/two handed + heavy armor/light armor - spider level) / modifier = escape chance for followers?

Or should I just keep my mouth shut? o.o

I originally had it so that followers would follow the old rules in the Ms Leeches version, but moving the player (and the follower) ended up causing CTDs which is going to need further investigation, so for now they're immune until I get around to that problem.

Rest assured, this isn't all there is to come and I will attempt to add additional features when I can get my current problems ironed out.

As for equipment and all that, I don't intend to remove the player's equipment anytime soon. It is unequipped but not removed. Don't leave that cave wearing nothing at all. You still have all your equipment and everything else needed to escape the cave just fine!

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. If there's a way to move the player's inventory like when the player is arrested in the normal game, then a modification of that. If it's complicated, then ignore it, no need to get bogged down on details.

Now this one sounds complicated. Personal opinion (meaning anyone is free to disagree with me here) is that webbed followers in the wild should either break out of webbing after a certain amount of time like in the old mod, or by having the player 'activate' the cocoon (if this is possible), and for cocooned followers in the cave to only be freeable by player intervention. The reason I say this is because it creates a lot of player agency, which is to say, it puts the player in control, rather than just watching a bunch of sandbox effects play out.

Well Kayzn just said what was wrong with the old way so...meh we'll see.

Reaaally want to add this mod but I'm running several script heavy ones as is, along with non-scripted but still heavy mods, scared Papyrus will blow up...

Frostfall

Wet and Cold (ashes and holidays)
RND
Diseased
SD+

Submit + Devious Devices(already having problems with submitting to NPCs i.e. animations not playing, creatures won't accept submit without spamming button, etc)
Devious Devices
Deviously Helpless
Aroused
Lover's Hook
Lover's Comfort
Lover's Victim

Dangerous Nights
Convenient Horses
SOS

SOS - Frostfall script patch
Nude Creatures and requirements

Immersive Patrols
Populated Cities, roads, civil war battles
Civil War Overhaul

Not to mention various armor and follower mods.

Oh yeah, I meant to answer that. The were stripped because of clipping issues that some armors have with the cocoon. So that was intentional. The cocoon itself actually doesn't replace anything because it goes in its own equipment slot.

The real thing that bothered me though were weapon and ammo equips, to include shields. A big disk would be protruding from the cocoon, quivers would be pointing straight out (the biggest offender) and so a good catch all was to just unequip everything.

Can't break from it. I tried all three different options until I died, trying to figure out the right move. I reloaded 6-7 times without breaking free once. My char is high-level, so maybe it's just hard or I'm damn unlucky lol.

You have to make sure you're choosing the correct option. It changes each time you make a choice. So wiggling around might be right once, but it can also be wrong another time. The waiting option will try and give you hints as to what you should and shouldn't choose next.

Ahhh I see. I like it!

Personally I don't get any blackscreen problem when I die. I get to choose one more time even if it's game over, but after that my savegame reload just fine.

Also I can't still exit the cave, I can't destroy the webs blocking the door.

Difficulty in escaping the cocoon is kinda tricky, but takes awhile after getting use to it in no time. But i agree its kinda random as i just did a thrast around the start, boom im free and im like wwhhaattt..... 

For new comers its abit difficult and getting use to know which key sentences can help u or tell u not what to do. Maybe making it abit easier will be abit better as from my experiences you don't want it to be punishing for the player. Eh does the player's level makes it easier or something?

Most of the test i did was "wait option ", and "one of the three options with a given hint from the wait option" and repeat......

Oh yes, a suggestion that could be implemented in the near future if you want Kazyn, is maybe the cocoon armor change to show abit of progression of you getting more free or more screwed up. Idk if its a good idea since the available resources from Zaz(i think its called) is limited, but all comes down to everyone. Just adding visual progression for the players to show that they are making progression then seeing a bunch of text lol. But then again yea, main mechanics first to be balance and fix before putting in new suggestions. 

Edit: Excelllent Job btw and really good in my view for a first mod. Good to see you got the will to do it and keep it up *thumbs up* =)

Well it IS supposed to be indestructable. You're supposed to kill one of the spiders around the area which causes it to disperse. If that's still not the case, then... hmm, I'm not sure what it could be other than perhaps the a conflict with the quest staging, in which case that would mean it has something to do with your save. Before the release, while I was changing some things around I had to load an earlier save. Not saying it's the same problem you might be having but I can't rule it out.

In other news: Released another update that adds the grace period to escaping the cocoon in the cave as well as allowing both essential and non-essential PCs to be killed off appropriately.

Cool mod 'n Great work, thumbs up :D

Just felt like adding a small suggestion (considering its LL ^_^ ).

Replace all "Hungry" with "Horny"  :P  there are models and anims for spiders. (with MCM to turn on/off, for dislikers) Once they're done they stick you back into a cocoon, repeats till you escape. ;)

Cool mod 'n Great work, thumbs up :D

Just felt like adding a small suggestion (considering its LL ^_^ ).

Replace all "Hungry" with "Horny"  :P  there are models and anims for spiders. (with MCM to turn on/off, for dislikers) Once they're done they stick you back into a cocoon, repeats till you escape. ;)

I guess one could do that, though way earlier Kazyn said that he wanted to focus on the peril of the situation rather than the usual LL path of sex.

Not to mention that is a pretty extreme change in outcome. Instead of the player dying, they are now stuck in a loop until they get out. As much as that is nice, I don't think that's Kazyn's intentions.

A suggestion is a suggestion, however.

Well it IS supposed to be indestructable. You're supposed to kill one of the spiders around the area which causes it to disperse. If that's still not the case, then... hmm, I'm not sure what it could be other than perhaps the a conflict with the quest staging, in which case that would mean it has something to do with your save. Before the release, while I was changing some things around I had to load an earlier save. Not saying it's the same problem you might be having but I can't rule it out.

In other news: Released another update that adds the grace period to escaping the cocoon in the cave as well as allowing both essential and non-essential PCs to be killed off appropriately.

Nah I killed both spiders before trying to leave, but I'll try you latest update and see if it make a difference.

Tried the mod. Really promising. But escaping from the cocoon is quite difficult.

If I can make suggestion I would try to differentiate the cocoon animations. One slightly different movement for wriggle, bounce, trash e  wait (or no movement at all for wait). A little touch that would in my opinion make the gameplay even more compelling. 

Then maybe add something to visualize the spider finishing you off.

I've read you would avoid bestiality... but currently some of it could enhance the cocoon escape phase. If you don't get out at first attempt the spider will abuse then putting back into the cocoon to give the player another chance before meal time.

I still remember the original ms leeches mod. Really happy to know you've decided to carry on the torch.

Hmm okay... I guess the last one decided to stay hidden in the ceiling. Gonna check this.

Two repel from the ceiling. The third (the one you're supposed to kill) patrols around the cave.

Tried the mod. Really promising. But escaping from the cocoon is quite difficult.

If I can make suggestion I would try to differentiate the cocoon animations. One slightly different movement for wriggle, bounce, trash e  wait (or no movement at all for wait). A little touch that would in my opinion make the gameplay even more compelling. 

Then maybe add something to visualize the spider finishing you off.

I've read you would avoid bestiality... but currently some of it could enhance the cocoon escape phase. If you don't get out at first attempt the spider will abuse then putting back into the cocoon to give the player another chance before meal time.

I still remember the original ms leeches mod. Really happy to know you've decided to carry on the torch.

The cocoon animations are something that came with the ZaZ Animation Pack, so I'm simply using what's available to me. There's a struggle animation, a spool animation, and a static do-nothing animation, each of which play with the subject in different positions (hanging, face-up, face-down, sideways). So for example, the cave: The character is hanging upside down - well there's two animations I can call for that pose: Struggle or do-nothing. The do-nothing is essentially a still animation. The character doesn't breathe, doesn't move, (it might blink) it pretty much puts it in suspended animation. I could see that being used on an unconscious victim or something but that's about it.

The spider finishing the character off isn't available to me either, because there is no animation that I can call upon that makes a spider look like it's delivering a nasty, fatal attack to its victim. I would've loved it though, I would've loved to see some sort of paired animation (I might've even used a kill-move) where the spider just starts sucking its victim dry.

Finally, I'm all for the spider abusing the victim, not sexually, personally, but still some sort of physical abuse that eventually puts the victim back in the cocoon when it's finished, but again, I have no assets available to me that allow me to do that.

The resources simply do not exist (that I know of) and I lack the skill/knowledge to make my own.