I could make you this proposal regarding the ending.

What about launching a video? Is a feature very rarely used in skyrim mod but is possible.

I could make a very short video (2/3 secs) with the spider ugly face, some bone crushing sounds, then the spider leaving and some chewed bones to the ground.

Then black screen (to cover the Pc actual ragdolling dead) then reload.

Just giving suggestion in love with the mod. It seems I've got arachnophilia!

Both? There's three if its your first time in the cave.

I have same problem, first time in cave only two spiderand an unbrekable wall (use disable command to go out), second time no one spider and still unbrekable wall.

Use tfc command for check the area but no spider left.

Sorry for bad english (google translate)

I'm not sure why so many people are having the wall not disperse. For those that the wall doesn't disperse without disabling it, remember that a spider (that doesn't repel from the ceiling) is supposed to die. Killing that non-repelling spider triggers the wall to disperse.

It sounds as though people are having trouble even finding this apparently elusive spider. I'll go ahead and start throwing together a different method to handle this in the meantime.

Hi everyone, I tried the last beta release (V0.9.5) on a save I had and everything works fine except one really annoying thing : The web doesn't show up.
The animations worked, being captured, brought to the cave, struggling and finally dying because of bad choices, everything else seems to work. Even the messages worked fine. 

The web appears perfectly with a new game. Maybe a conflict between different mods ?

In that saved game I'm playing a male argonian character (which shouldn't really matter since it worked fine with a male nord). What could I have done wrong ? (I have of course the last ZAZ animation pack (V0054), generated FNIS (V5_0_1) and I'm using SKSE V1.7.0.  I usually install everything with NMM except for some more technical stuff like SKSE or FuzRohdo.  I installed Arachnophobia Expansion with NMM too of course.) I really think it might come from another mod but I don't know which one. Maybe my save is just a little bit corrupted :'(

Anyways I got the mod to work better with a new game :  It's a great ! it's even more intense with the Immersive First Person View mod ! If I could recommend a few things, like Nicktill I think a few options might really enhance the experience, plus maybe at least seeing the spiders coming just before the black killing screen ;) . I got easily freed from the web before being fully webed, which is perfectly normal I guess, but it's really hard for me to get free of the full cocoon once brought to the cave.  Anyways, once I finally freed myself from the cocoon I killed the spiders around, but now the wall didn't disappear... I had to disable it myself ... BUT ! After reading a few this thread and not just the original one (thanks to Ms Leeches that redirected me here), I think I'll check for the third spider that might have stuck itself on the ceiling :P .

Again, great work, I wish I didn't have to make a new game but I guess something wrong is conflicting in my saved one and I don't know if / how I can fix it.

EDIT :  I tried again on both a new game and my old save and It seems that the problem only occurs when I'm playing an argonian (the web doesn't show up), no matter the sex of it. I tried with a few other races, especially the Khajith because I thought the tail could be the problem, but it was working fine. Does anybody tried it with an argonian ?

So for those wondering what's up with the web wall not going away when killing spiders:

The first time through there are a total of three spiders. Two repel from the sinkholes in the ceiling. The third spider starts disabled. The third spider is supposed to enable and show up when you successfully escape the cocoon in the cave. This third spider is not hard to miss; It patrols along the main path of the cave leading to the web wall. It seems it's not appropriately enabling for some people when they escape.

So the first question people might ask is "why was the spider disabled in the first place?" It was supposed to cover up the unlikely circumstance of it dying before the victim escaped, which would cause problems.

What's coming in the next build?

Let me start by thanking those who've been testing this and reporting the various issues that have been occurring with this mod. With your feedback I've been able to implement some possible fixes/workarounds that I would not have found on my own. (What are beta tests for? ^_~)

-Some balancing with the initial entanglement is being performed.

Level appropriate spiders (that is, those that are equal to or around your character level) should provide a more challenging escape. Encounters with level appropriate spiders should give the victim an escape chance of approximately 25-33% without waiting and without further entanglement. Furthermore, the bonus to your escape check that was applied from waiting (instead of struggling) is going to be nerfed a little bit as well.

-Balancing/redoing with the escape from the cocoon in the cave will not be performed this next build.

-The third spider that seems to not be showing up for some people is being adjusted to hopefully not be such a no-show.

As was stated above, some people were experiencing the third spider to not appear and thus they couldn't get the wall of web at the exit to disperse, effectively locking them in the cave forever without disabling the wall through the console. It's a game-breaking bug and I'm implemented a sort of work-around. The third spider's patrol path has been adjusted and it will now always be enabled. Killing this patrolling spider should disperse the wall of web.  The spiders that repel do not affect the wall of web in any way and can be ignored if the player so desires.

I know I've been more quiet since the initial release, but that's because the finer details are now demanding my attention. Assuming the above issues work as intended, I will next be focusing on looking closer at the escape system that is currently implemented for escaping the cocoon in the cave. It really was more of a placeholder until I can figure something to make it less boring.

Thanks again for your feedback and expect an update here hopefully soon!

Wow this sounds like a fantastic mod and absolutely will be installing it when I get around to my next Skyrim play-through. I never quite got Ms. Leeches' version of the mod to work correctly, but loved that idea and wished it could do more. This particular mod fulfills that nicely and actually seems to be a bit of a cross between Arachnophobia and Hero(ine) in Distress, which I think stalled in development.

As others have stated, I'd definitely be down for some sexual abuse to happen once the player has been brought to the spider cave, but other types of abuse would be cool too, especially because I would think at this point that the spiders would remove the player's equipment before putting her back into a cocoon once they are done. ^_^ It would of course make escape even more difficult as the player would need to find out where her equipment has gone (a web 'chest' somewhere nearby?) and get to it before the first two spiders drop down, but that's the penalty for getting so deep into trouble!

Mainly just wanted to express my love for this mod though, so the suggestions are just a bonus. ;)

Wow this sounds like a fantastic mod and absolutely will be installing it when I get around to my next Skyrim play-through. I never quite got Ms. Leeches' version of the mod to work correctly, but loved that idea and wished it could do more. This particular mod fulfills that nicely and actually seems to be a bit of a cross between Arachnophobia and Hero(ine) in Distress, which I think stalled in development.

As others have stated, I'd definitely be down for some sexual abuse to happen once the player has been brought to the spider cave, but other types of abuse would be cool too, especially because I would think at this point that the spiders would remove the player's equipment before putting her back into a cocoon once they are done. ^_^ It would of course make escape even more difficult as the player would need to find out where her equipment has gone (a web 'chest' somewhere nearby?) and get to it before the first two spiders drop down, but that's the penalty for getting so deep into trouble!

Mainly just wanted to express my love for this mod though, so the suggestions are just a bonus. ;)

Whoa, this is totally a version of Hero(ine) in Distress. I think Kazyn has unknowingly coded a breakthrough mod for a higher level of monster encounters! Just imagine, vampires, draugrs, falmers, and even bandits can kidnap the PC for a tromp in their lairs, using a similar mechanism as Arachnophobia.

Very nice indeed!

I do actually intend to at some point (and if no one else does it) to implement some sort of after-defeat effect for more enemies. Some examples being:

-Giants and trolls would tie the player up and start cooking them alive (since there's a ZaZ animation for that)

-Draugr would "mummify" the player by placing them in one of those full-body ... bags? You see them every so often in the nordic ruins so if you know what I'm talking about, great! I just need a to somehow get a mesh and texture that can be equipped on the player.

Those are very far into the future on my end, though.... so what's this Hero(ine) in Distress? It apparently never saw a release, eh?

However, I do like SD+ which allows most humanoid types to kidnap the player and it also takes care of spriggans. I like having that mod available so I probably wouldn't touch those.

I have not seen this problem, but I could have missed a post.  My PC was taken to the cave, hanging upside down, all worked great.  Wiggled, squirmed, bounced, pissed herself, I think, but wasn't able to escape the cocoon - not a problem so far.  After quite a few attempts the screen did the "fade to black" with no other event happening.  Still had the options for escape which she finally accomplished.  But, the screen stayed  "fade to black".  End results, she didn't know where she was, did not detect any spiders, and of course couldn't escape blinded with no spider(s) to fight.

For me, the spiders i find in places (shor's stone mine is a good one) i get wrapped up in the webs, but i never get transported to the cave, i use the sanguine's mod thing with teh bandits and spriggans as well, and a ton of armor mods my current race the the celestial race, but  i cant get sent to the cave, and i dont know where it is. also can someonr make a video with the whole deal in it? i wanna see it.

I have not seen this problem, but I could have missed a post.  My PC was taken to the cave, hanging upside down, all worked great.  Wiggled, squirmed, bounced, pissed herself, I think, but wasn't able to escape the cocoon - not a problem so far.  After quite a few attempts the screen did the "fade to black" with no other event happening.  Still had the options for escape which she finally accomplished.  But, the screen stayed  "fade to black".  End results, she didn't know where she was, did not detect any spiders, and of course couldn't escape blinded with no spider(s) to fight.

Interesting. Thought the latest update was supposed to solve that. The original suspect was that if the player wasn't essential it wouldn't kill them because I was using a call to specifically kill essential players, which I would think have included those who are not essential. So I wrote in a check to see if the player was essential or not and call the appropriate kill function.

At any rate, it's not TERRIBLY broken, considering you were supposed to have been dead after the fade. Everyone's got different mods and such running though so I'll have to try and figure out some sort of catch-all for this. MIght remove the death penalty for failing too hard in the end.

This mod sounds awesome, going to try it when time is available. Even though I have not played or experience this mod for myself, I feel compelled to point out a few things I notice here in the forum.

1st - The cocoon should be impossible to break free from. How many insects escapes after it has been cocooned? After all in the insect world a spiders web has the tensile strength such as cable. Not to mention a spider injects a venom to paralyze it's prey and prepare it for consumption. This will be further discussed below. One work around could be a mcm menu option were the player can set a percent for a random chance a npc or follower would find and free them.

2nd - Nude, clothes, light or heavy armor? Ever notice most hard shell bugs such as beetles are completely ignored by a spider? Are they not yummy or is it the fact a spider cannot inject it's venom into a hard shell prey. To give a player a option of protection such as Chasity belts protects against parasitic infection from estrus chaurus. Light and heavy armor may protect or prevent webbing, causing the spider to attack with intent to kill not capture. After all spiders are territorial and with that many eyes, one can assume that they can determine potential threat vs. Prey.

3rd - potential impending doom for player. IMO the player would not realize that they are being eaten, as the player would have died long before this process. The paralyze venom should also act as a digestive fluid. Turning the preys internal organs to a liquid substance. Keep in mind spiders don't eat in traditional methods. My point is a player could receive 25% health damage per hour until they die or a percent chance that help arrives (as discussed above). To make it interesting a message may be scripted to appear on screen so the player can get a feel of a slow impending death. Such as....

1st - 25% loss, pain wreaks your body as your insides feel like they are on fire.

2nd - 50% loss, breathing and other body functions are beginning to fail.

3rd - 75% loss, you struggle to remain conscious, only to be in vein as you realize your time is nearing it's end.

4th - 100% loss, death (screen fades black with 1 of 2 random messages).

message 1 - The spider approaches your life less body and begins to eat, leaving an empty husk behind.

message 2 - The spider places your life less body in it's food reserve, waiting for the appropriate time to eat.

I do actually intend to at some point (and if no one else does it) to implement some sort of after-defeat effect for more enemies. Some examples being:

-Giants and trolls would tie the player up and start cooking them alive (since there's a ZaZ animation for that)

-Draugr would "mummify" the player by placing them in one of those full-body ... bags? You see them every so often in the nordic ruins so if you know what I'm talking about, great! I just need a to somehow get a mesh and texture that can be equipped on the player.

Those are very far into the future on my end, though.... so what's this Hero(ine) in Distress? It apparently never saw a release, eh?

However, I do like SD+ which allows most humanoid types to kidnap the player and it also takes care of spriggans. I like having that mod available so I probably wouldn't touch those.

There is an alternative death mod on The Nexus (here) that has a Draugr event similar to what you describe. Maybe some other ideas you could use (or avoid if you think it's done well enough). I can't wait to see what other stuff you add, and I'm really glad to see all those unused ZaZ animations start to see some life!

Hero(ine) in Distress was an idea that @gaggedgirl123 came up with that started as Sexlab Captured; it kinda was supposed to do what you've already done with your first mod, which is to put the main character in perilous situations which were often at least somewhat sexy, but always potentially deadly if the player couldn't escape them. The thread is here if you're interested in doing some reading, as people contributed lots of cool ideas that may never see the light of day. Anyways, the first 'module' of Hero(ine) in Distress was supposed to be a spider encounter that in many ways resembled this mod in description.

Interesting. Thought the latest update was supposed to solve that. The original suspect was that if the player wasn't essential it wouldn't kill them because I was using a call to specifically kill essential players, which I would think have included those who are not essential. So I wrote in a check to see if the player was essential or not and call the appropriate kill function.

At any rate, it's not TERRIBLY broken, considering you were supposed to have been dead after the fade. Everyone's got different mods and such running though so I'll have to try and figure out some sort of catch-all for this. MIght remove the death penalty for failing too hard in the end.

I'm running SD+, Defeat and Submit.  At least 2 of those have "death proof".  

And that's what I thought; fade to black meant death, even for essential.

btw, you're doing an outstanding job, even if this wasn't your first mod.

-While this is LL, this isn't intended to really include any sex/beastiality. There are no plans to rape the victims with oversized spider schlongs, or impregnate them or anything of that sort. Why? I'm not in to that sort of thing, and feel there's plenty of mods around that do that already.

That makes me sad. :( Any side-extensions for this mod which make it possible? Or mauybe the alternative mods with same idea but with sex content as well?

I think your problems with killing the player are because some mods like SD (I didn't look into SD+ code but I think it uses the same method) don't make player essential, they use DeferredKill instead. I don't know what experiences other people have with that mode but I tested it lots and know that it's probably the only way to keep an actor alive no matter what (even killessential won't work) until it's disabled aaaaand if it's not ended sorrectly it breaks the actor permanently. But there's another problem: when it does end it automatically kills the actor too.

So if SD+ or any other mods are still using it I hope they'll stop. It may look like a perfect player immortality solution but I don't think it was ever supposed to be used on player.

Anyways you coudl try EndDeferredKill() and then killessential() and that will probably solve the problem with people not dying.

I think your problems with killing the player are because some mods like SD (I didn't look into SD+ code but I think it uses the same method) don't make player essential, they use DeferredKill instead. I don't know what experiences other people have with that mode but I tested it lots and know that it's probably the only way to keep an actor alive no matter what (even killessential won't work) until it's disabled aaaaand if it's not ended sorrectly it breaks the actor permanently. But there's another problem: when it does end it automatically kills the actor too.

So if SD+ or any other mods are still using it I hope they'll stop. It may look like a perfect player immortality solution but I don't think it was ever supposed to be used on player.

Anyways you coudl try EndDeferredKill() and then killessential() and that will probably solve the problem with people not dying.

Sounds like I'll have to flick SD+ back on and run some testing on it.

I'll be honest, though, I'm leaning more toward removing the final death portion anyway and implementing some other form of "punishment."

Thanks to you... I was banging my head on the wall these days, when finally Arachnophobia came out and gave me the right inspiration!

I need to make the entrance of the cave look more spidery. After watching that, it looks remarkably clean outside doesn't it?

Also, (and you could've just disabled the web barrier) but it looked as though you were able to escape the cave without any problems. There's a bug where that wall refuses to disappear for some people. Did you have that problem?