That mod is actually in my load order, and I'm sad to report that it doesn't work unfortunately. I actually went to use that mod back in the original Ms Leeches version. If someone finds a way to get it to work though, let me know. lol

That mod is actually in my load order, and I'm sad to report that it doesn't work unfortunately. I actually went to use that mod back in the original Ms Leeches version. If someone finds a way to get it to work though, let me know. lol

Oh ... well that sucks, this will be the first mod I have found that the customized camera mod doesn't work as a work around for then. Ah well.

Remove it from your loads, maybe it is interfering and causing the exact problem you are having (you could get lucky that way).

Urgh, I just found out about this mod today, I downloaded and installed (I have ZaZ, SkyUI, and SKSE) but everytime I go to run Skyrim through SKSE I get a CTD

Is there something I am missing?

I went through the forums and am not finding anyone with the same issue :-\

Anyone know what I can do?

Urgh, I just found out about this mod today, I downloaded and installed (I have ZaZ, SkyUI, and SKSE) but everytime I go to run Skyrim through SKSE I get a CTD

Is there something I am missing?

I went through the forums and am not finding anyone with the same issue :-\

Anyone know what I can do?

Did you have SKSE before you tried this mod or did you add SKSE because of this mod? If the latter then it's likely you didn't install SKSE properly and it will work once you do that.

Edit: Welcome to LoversLab, there are a lot of interesting mods here even if you exclude the sex ones though the sex mods really have taken off here because the best framework for building such mods was created by the owner of this site.

I have other mods that require SKSE and the game runs fine when Arachnophobia Expansion is not checked, but when I check it and attempt to run the game it crashes after BETHESDA

CTD on startup usually indicates a missing required mod but you've listed the required mods as installed so...

How many mods do you have?

Are you using the ENBOOST mod?

What version of SKSE do you have? (If 1.7.0 Alpha, have you enabled the recommended memory fixes?)

Did you install manually or use a mod manager tool?

I am not using the ENBOOST mod
As for SKSE I have 1.6.16 EDIT: Just downloaded 1.7 (don't know how to do the memory fixes) and still no go
EDIT: I have about 80 mods installed (including Dawnguard, HF, and DB)
For Arach Expansion I manually installed (copy/pasted from extracted file to Data)

And just to be safe for ZaZ I have ZazAnimationPack_V0552.7z (just realized that this is not an ESM file and is not in my Load Order)

I attached a screen of my Load Order via Nexus

Also I downloaded and ran Wyre Bash and it says one or more Masters are missing

(Thank you for helping me out with this by the way)

AND it looks like I was pretty dumb and had to extract some files (used to RAR and Zip not 7Z)  I feel a bit on the stupid side

post-136180-0-17474300-1399180446_thumb.jpg

I am not using the ENBOOST mod

As for SKSE I have 1.6.16 EDIT: Just downloaded 1.7 (don't know how to do the memory fixes) and still no go

EDIT: I have about 80 mods installed (including Dawnguard, HF, and DB)

For Arach Expansion I manually installed (copy/pasted from extracted file to Data)

And just to be safe for ZaZ I have ZazAnimationPack_V0552.7z (just realized that this is not an ESM file and is not in my Load Order)

I attached a screen of my Load Order via Nexus

Also I downloaded and ran Wyre Bash and it says one or more Masters are missing

(Thank you for helping me out with this by the way)

AND it looks like I was pretty dumb and had to extract some files (used to RAR and Zip not 7Z)  I feel a bit on the stupid side

As long as you got it working :). Have fun with it!

It sounds as though you're using the old version. 0.9.13 is the most current. There shouldn't be any options anymore to choose from other than to press certain keys to free yourself. I left the old version (0.9.9) up because 0.9.13 was awaiting some testing. Seems it might be stable enough to taken down that older version now, though.

Please note that you do not need any of my other uploads to run this mod.

Ah I did have the wrong one installed

No more pick an option prompts

But it has been a while and no spider appeared to gank me when hanging in the cave, is this normal??

I apologize for all my questions and noobiness to this awesome mod

So I finally got to try this mod because I sat down and updated everything (took up my entire Saturday morning!) and I *think* it's all working, but I found the experience to be a bit confusing.

I think I probably make it worse on myself by using Immersive First Person, which can have some trouble in very close quarters, but when I zoom out to 3rd person, the camera is locked (known issue). I tried using the free camera (tfc) and found that when I did this, my character had apparently escaped at some point, so I set the camera back and fought off the spiders.

Is there supposed to be a prompt or anything as to how I should escape? I was pressing the different key combos (Q and E, W and S, A and D...) and couldn't tell if it was working other than when I got a message that I was too exhausted to struggle. This could be a conflict with iHud (which hides the UI, but is supposed to show bars when they are below max) I suppose, but I just wondered.

I think if the camera situation could be improved at all, this mod would be fantastic. I mean, it's still a lot've fun anyhow, but y'know. ^_^

I'm experimenting with ways to add to the peril of the situation within the cave. As of right now, you've all the time in the world to escape. When you escape, however, that's when you have to worry about spiders appearing.

As for Ashra, I will be including a guide/tutorial within the mod next time around. There wasn't one included THIS time around because I wasn't sure if I was going to keep this system or not. So no, there will be no prompts. Once you're webbed, start mashing those buttons! I use iHud, but I don't use immersive first person, so I cannot say how that would work in here. As for the bars not appearing, that is a known issue that I would like to solve as well. I am aware of it, and the work around right now is to use your console and select your character or go off of the notifications of your stamina/magicka being depleted.

I wish there were more functions that handle the camera, I really do. -.-

I'm no modder, so my advice on how to do something with the camera is extremely limited. However, I do have at least two suggestions which might be completely worthless but I'll just put them out there:

1) Sexlab has a free camera mode that has been gradually improving. I don't know if you could somehow integrate the spider stuff with Sexlab (probably not since the animations are from Zaz), then make use of the free camera, that'd be something.

2) I noticed that the camera got stuck back when I was using the Sexlab Enchantress mod, which basically turns the standard 'calm animal' type spells into 'calm down and lets have sex!' spells. The camera would get stuck because even though the animal I cast the spell on was mounting my character instead of attacking, we were still considered by the game to be 'in combat', which seems to do weird things with the camera. I kindof assume that I'm still in combat when the spiders are webbing me up, which makes sense as I am struggling for my life and all, but if there was some way to end the combat while all this was going on, it may free up the camera. May. Like, it makes sense to me but maybe not to Skyrim type of 'may'.

I'm experimenting with ways to add to the peril of the situation within the cave. As of right now, you've all the time in the world to escape. When you escape, however, that's when you have to worry about spiders appearing.

As for Ashra, I will be including a guide/tutorial within the mod next time around. There wasn't one included THIS time around because I wasn't sure if I was going to keep this system or not. So no, there will be no prompts. Once you're webbed, start mashing those buttons! I use iHud, but I don't use immersive first person, so I cannot say how that would work in here. As for the bars not appearing, that is a known issue that I would like to solve as well. I am aware of it, and the work around right now is to use your console and select your character or go off of the notifications of your stamina/magicka being depleted.

I wish there were more functions that handle the camera, I really do. -.-

So what's next in the Nightmare Fuel Factory; baby spiders like in Immersive Creatures nibbling on the Dragonborn as she tries to escape the coccon?

Hey, just fought a spider and the follower got cocooned rather nicely!

I'm no modder, so my advice on how to do something with the camera is extremely limited. However, I do have at least two suggestions which might be completely worthless but I'll just put them out there:

1) Sexlab has a free camera mode that has been gradually improving. I don't know if you could somehow integrate the spider stuff with Sexlab (probably not since the animations are from Zaz), then make use of the free camera, that'd be something.

2) I noticed that the camera got stuck back when I was using the Sexlab Enchantress mod, which basically turns the standard 'calm animal' type spells into 'calm down and lets have sex!' spells. The camera would get stuck because even though the animal I cast the spell on was mounting my character instead of attacking, we were still considered by the game to be 'in combat', which seems to do weird things with the camera. I kindof assume that I'm still in combat when the spiders are webbing me up, which makes sense as I am struggling for my life and all, but if there was some way to end the combat while all this was going on, it may free up the camera. May. Like, it makes sense to me but maybe not to Skyrim type of 'may'.

Maybe a calming cloak being cast while the PC is in the cocoon? and as soon as the PC breaks out the cloaking effect is removed letting the spider become hostile at once? Maybe something like that could work and if you are right about the camera that would fix the camera issue.

Here's the main issue: Disabling the player controls allows for camera control to remain but makes the AI of the spider (and any other mobs in some sort of combat with it, NPC or animal) go 10 kinds of f***ed up. Sometimes the spider will continue to attack the trapped victim and other times, it will just stare listlessly at the victim while any other combatants will do they same. Some combatants will attack the spider and the spider will make no effort whatsoever to defend itself.

This is why Ms Leeches used the function that sets the victim to be restrained and unconscious as opposed to disabling player controls. However, when the player is set to restrained and unconscious, it also locks the camera. I've tried all sorts of things, from calm spells to adding the player to the spider faction, but it causes other problems, such as followers being treated as friendly, spiders still engaging the player, etc. It just seems it wasn't meant to be. I'm not actively looking for a fix at this time, but if I happen to come across one, rest assured I will be jumping on it promptly.

Here's the main issue: Disabling the player controls allows for camera control to remain but makes the AI of the spider (and any other mobs in some sort of combat with it, NPC or animal) go 10 kinds of f***ed up. Sometimes the spider will continue to attack the trapped victim and other times, it will just stare listlessly at the victim while any other combatants will do they same. Some combatants will attack the spider and the spider will make no effort whatsoever to defend itself.

This is why Ms Leeches used the function that sets the victim to be restrained and unconscious as opposed to disabling player controls. However, when the player is set to restrained and unconscious, it also locks the camera. I've tried all sorts of things, from calm spells to adding the player to the spider faction, but it causes other problems, such as followers being treated as friendly, spiders still engaging the player, etc. It just seems it wasn't meant to be. I'm not actively looking for a fix at this time, but if I happen to come across one, rest assured I will be jumping on it promptly.

Ah no worries was just tossing out idea's you never know. I mean worst case we toss out idea's you have tried and everything is the same. Best case on of us monkey's comes up with a fix or inspires you to come up with a fix. :D

So I have a hypothetical... question. Saying I have this mod installed and I journey into a cave with five followers (AFT) behind me. If a spider spits on me and I begin struggling will my companions not continue killing the spider(s) or will they leave the spiders alone and just watch?

Companions should still fight, as well as anything else in the area. Nothing should disable the AI with the way it is right now. Victims caught in the web are treated as "unconscious" by the AI and are therefore ignored.

Beware, however, that this mod only supports followers in the vanilla system. Followers in your party that are allowed in via extra follower mods will be ignored by this mod. While this mod will work with those followers, they won't end up kidnapped next to you.

In the next build I will be implementing a feature to make the cave scenario optional in the MCM.

Companions should still fight, as well as anything else in the area. Nothing should disable the AI with the way it is right now. Victims caught in the web are treated as "unconscious" by the AI and are therefore ignored.

Beware, however, that this mod only supports followers in the vanilla system. Followers in your party that are allowed in via extra follower mods will be ignored by this mod. While this mod will work with those followers, they won't end up kidnapped next to you.

In the next build I will be implementing a feature to make the cave scenario optional in the MCM.

Cool, though perhaps instead of making the cave optional which I am in favor of for those that like it. How about instead set a slider on the chance it happens. Default is 100% and it works just like it does now, 0% and it turns it off. But a player can slider it anywhere between to suit their needs.

I am good either way, just tossing out idea's.

what would happen in place of the cave scene if you get fully wrapped and can't escape though? I'm curious.

Thanks for your quick answer, I can live without the companions being kidnapped thing, I just want the mod for the rest of your work with it... And to use the Tame Beasts mod to tame a spider and use it to spit on my enemies lol (I've only tested the tamingwith the old resource arachnophobia mod that cocooned and poisoned enemies). Nice job with the changes you've made thus far.