HOW TO INSTALL HDT? Step 1: Click this - An overly-descriptive tutorial!

Is this something I should be concerned with? Got from my hdtPhysicsExtensions.log.

[04/20/14 20:33:31]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 28e09d80 NPC L PreBreast - bone doesn't exist

[04/20/14 20:33:31]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 28e09d80 NPC L PreBreast - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!
[04/20/14 20:33:31]INFO: Physics system loaded : Data\skse\plugins\hdt.xml
[04/20/14 20:33:31]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 28e55640 NPC L PreBreast - bone doesn't exist
[04/20/14 20:33:31]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 28e55640 NPC L PreBreast - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!
[04/20/14 20:33:31]INFO: Physics system loaded : Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml
[04/20/14 20:33:31]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 28f54e00 NPC L PreBreast - bone doesn't exist
[04/20/14 20:33:31]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 28f54e00 NPC L PreBreast - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!
[04/20/14 20:33:31]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 28f3c840 NPC L PreBreast - bone doesn't exist
[04/20/14 20:33:31]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 28f3c840 NPC L PreBreast - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!
[04/20/14 20:33:31]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 28f55040 NPC L PreBreast - bone doesn't exist
[04/20/14 20:33:31]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 28f55040 NPC L PreBreast - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!

Trying HDT for the first time. Updated skyrim to latest SKSE as well. Boots fine through SKSE and game is good, but as soon as i add the hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll file into my SKSE plugin folder the game wont start up. I've tried installing ssme and a ton of other things and now the latest is I've installed a fresh install on another HD and installed exactly as this guide says and im still running into the same issue even off of a fresh install. I should mention that ive also tried about 5 versions of the hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll file with no success. So in conclusion the game will only start up through SKSE so long as hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll is not in the SKSE plugin folder. 

I'm open for suggestions to try and fix this issue.

Is this something I should be concerned with? Got from my hdtPhysicsExtensions.log.

[04/20/14 20:33:31]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 28e09d80 NPC L PreBreast - bone doesn't exist

[04/20/14 20:33:31]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 28e09d80 NPC L PreBreast - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!
[04/20/14 20:33:31]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 28e55640 NPC L PreBreast - bone doesn't exist
[04/20/14 20:33:31]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 28e55640 NPC L PreBreast - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!
[04/20/14 20:33:31]INFO: Physics system loaded : Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml
[04/20/14 20:33:31]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 28f54e00 NPC L PreBreast - bone doesn't exist
[04/20/14 20:33:31]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 28f54e00 NPC L PreBreast - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!
[04/20/14 20:33:31]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 28f3c840 NPC L PreBreast - bone doesn't exist
[04/20/14 20:33:31]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 28f3c840 NPC L PreBreast - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!
[04/20/14 20:33:31]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 28f55040 NPC L PreBreast - bone doesn't exist
[04/20/14 20:33:31]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 28f55040 NPC L PreBreast - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!

That sounds familiar. I had Armors converted with mesh Rigger, where actually missing the left breast bone.

Check the mesh of the armor, and the Body

Trying HDT for the first time. Updated skyrim to latest SKSE as well. Boots fine through SKSE and game is good, but as soon as i add the hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll file into my SKSE plugin folder the game wont start up. I've tried installing ssme and a ton of other things and now the latest is I've installed a fresh install on another HD and installed exactly as this guide says and im still running into the same issue even off of a fresh install. I should mention that ive also tried about 5 versions of the hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll file with no success. So in conclusion the game will only start up through SKSE so long as hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll is not in the SKSE plugin folder. 

Sounds as if you do not use a TBBP skeleton. 
Or you use it, but use Mod Organizer and do not have it set up correctly.

I installed HDT yesterday. I'm using 7B with more Bounce (36992-3-2). I've been using SLF mods for a while now and haven't had any problems with BBP/TBBP during the animations which have them. I installed everything listed and according to the HDT detailed guide. After installing HDT, I am seeing movement while followers are walking and moving, and it's fine (not too much, but enough to notice it), but there is zero BBP/TBBP/HDT when using SLF mods. I'm not using Collision, and don't want to try until I get regular HDT working.

I've searched and have not found my specific problem with an answer, so I will try here.

I'm using SKSE 1.07.00, HDT 14-28, SLF 1.51, Realistic Force-601-1-9, and the latest XP32 Extended Skeleton.

I installed HDT yesterday. I'm using 7B with more Bounce (36992-3-2). I've been using SLF mods for a while now and haven't had any problems with BBP/TBBP during the animations which have them. I installed everything listed and according to the HDT detailed guide. After installing HDT, I am seeing movement while followers are walking and moving, and it's fine (not too much, but enough to notice it), but there is zero BBP/TBBP/HDT when using SLF mods. I'm not using Collision, and don't want to try until I get regular HDT working.

I've searched and have not found my specific problem with an answer, so I will try here.

I'm using SKSE 1.07.00, HDT 14-28, SLF 1.51, Realistic Force-601-1-9, and the latest XP32 Extended Skeleton.

It appears to have much to do with the weight and the amount of bounce applied to the body. I increased the bounce and now I see it on all body sizes, of course the higher weight bodies have more bounce now. This makes sense, since the bigger the breasts and butt, the more you'd expect them to bounce.  It is also dependent on the body movement in the animation. Slow moving animations have only a little or zero bounce, while fast or hard moving animations will cause more bounce. AP animations in SLF are not BBP/TBBP enabled, but they have a lot of bounce due to the amount of body movement in the animations, while only some of Arrok's will produce HDT bounce.

First, make sure you have the latest version of SKSE.

Second, if using RaceMenu, make sure it's also the latest version as there was an issue with nioverride.dll in earlier versions that conflicted with HDT (I think? Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Yeah, this guide is close to being great. There are many steps though that are left out. If the creator of this thread intended to make fool-proof instructions they really needed to hit every little detail.

For instance, right off the bat, when I install "Realistic Ragdolls and Force" and then "Enhanced Character Edit" it asks me if I want to overwrite files from "Realistic Ragdolls" ..... Yes? No?  There are a couple little things like this that are missing.

I've followed the guide and I can get everything to work except for the collision physics and even then I had to do a lot of trial and error to get this far. After a few hours of trying I think I'm done with the guide for now. 

Is it just outdated perhaps?

(note) I followed exactly as it is written, read the detailed guides, (tried) to even use all the same body mods that the OP used (this is where things aren't clear as well, even with the "advanced" guide.) 

Thanks for the effort though =/

Here is what I get with SKSE 1.6, XPMS, UNP TBBP body and the 14-28 version of HDT.

When I jump it's cool looking. Whenever I move forward the breasts do this. This is what I get with this body, Top Model TBBP and with Seven Base as well, plus with 3 different versions of the HDT plugin and a couple different TBBP animations. No combination works and all do this.

Here is what I get with SKSE 1.6, XPMS, UNP TBBP body and the 14-28 version of HDT.

attachicon.gifScreenShot52.bmp

When I jump it's cool looking. Whenever I move forward the breasts do this. This is what I get with this body, Top Model TBBP and with Seven Base as well, plus with 3 different versions of the HDT plugin and a couple different TBBP animations. No combination works and all do this.

HDT Breast Cancer Edition?  :D

Use the correct skeleton - here available in HDT Physics Extension downloads.

Make sure to choose the right HKX during installation.

Thanks so much for this tutorial; it definitely helped me get everything working correctly!

A quick note for anyone who wanted to use CBBE+XPS positioning for weapons (like 1H swords on back, knives equipped on back, etc.) -- like the tutorial says, you'll end up with "torpedo" breasts that stick out far further than what bodyslide shows if you simply install the newest version of XPS32 -- but if you use a version of the XPS32 skeleton that's numbered 1.7 or earlier, you won't have the torpedo effect, and still have access to the new weapon positions! (sorry if this is common knowledge, I was tearing my hair out trying to get CBBE and the skeleton to work together)

Here's a link if you don't know where to find it:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26800/?

I personally am using 1.6, but I think 1.7 will still work as well.

I have a question that I don't see any info on at this time, I am new to this and I've picked some mods I like and I got them in the game and most of the time I can make it work. But I agree that way too many people create the coolest mods and then don't take the time to give step by step simple instructions no matter how tedious it seems...

I thank you all for trying to help newbies with this... I'm excited to try this out since I seen a video of some hdt hair in action and a butt body video that looked too real... Anyhow here is my question:

I currently have the XP32 Maximum Skeleton that started it all and I want to try this out and I don't see anything that says if I already have a skeleton I should uninstall it??? and make clean save run FNIS Generator???

So do I need to uninstall my current XP32 Maximum Skeleton and then run FNIS and then clean save before installing the new XP32 Maximum Extended Skeleton found here?

Please help me if you can, as always thanks for the cool mods hard work and your time and efforts...

OH P.S. 

Will this effect any of the current SexLab / ZaZ animations and or mods such as Defeat, Prison Overhaul, Devious Reg, Devious Device int w/ quest Hentai Pregnancy.... etc?

Thank you

Yeah, this guide is close to being great. There are many steps though that are left out. If the creator of this thread intended to make fool-proof instructions they really needed to hit every little detail.

For instance, right off the bat, when I install "Realistic Ragdolls and Force" and then "Enhanced Character Edit" it asks me if I want to overwrite files from "Realistic Ragdolls" ..... Yes? No?  There are a couple little things like this that are missing.

I've followed the guide and I can get everything to work except for the collision physics and even then I had to do a lot of trial and error to get this far. After a few hours of trying I think I'm done with the guide for now. 

Is it just outdated perhaps?

(note) I followed exactly as it is written, read the detailed guides, (tried) to even use all the same body mods that the OP used (this is where things aren't clear as well, even with the "advanced" guide.) 

Thanks for the effort though =/

Well you said that nothing mentions to overwrite files from Realistic Ragdolls and Force but it does say that in the very first arcticle detailing how to do this...

1. Install a skeleton.

Quick note: You don't actually have to follow the rest of these steps in this specific order. Some people prefer to install the skeleton last and let it overwrite anything else. Do whatever you're comfortable with.

The commonly recommended one is XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended.

If you use Nexus Mod Manager/ NMM then I highly recommend installing it through there. It has an actual installer and whatnot to go through that'll come up.

(If you don't know how to do this then check the mini-guide for manual-to-NMM installs down below)

Make sure to select the right options - that you use HDT and whatnot.

If you use ECE then the extra ECE sliders are a great addition and very useful for not only customizing your character, but moving items around to avoid clipping.

It is possible that these extra sliders can mess with certain body types in ways you don't want. As of now, the only one I know of that is effected is the HDT body for CBBE. If you're going to use it then avoid the extra sliders. They work fine with the AdvancedTPPB body for CBBE though. For any other body types, you'll have to find out on your own.

Make sure to overwrite anything from the ragdolls mod with this skele too.

There's also a file called "skeleton_female.hkx" that some have suggested to delete while others say to keep it.

Its in:

data/meshes/actors/character/character assets female

Keep it in there.

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I've got it all working up to the point of the Collisions. When I equip the item, the physics of the boobies are reduced and they seem to get stuck in odd positions. Un-equipping it returns the physics to normal (so it works without it).

I'm using the things that the OP uses like CBBE and XP32 etc, and I've tried reinstalling them but can't seem to get this collision object working correctly. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

EDIT: I also have another question regarding the Clothing part. What are the 'conversions' you mention? I downloaded some armours such as Killer Keos and did them in BS++ but the only things that appear in presets are ones from this mod I installed: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31926

Sorry, I'm new to this and confused..

I currently have the XP32 Maximum Skeleton and I want to try this out, However I don't see anything that says if I already have a skeleton I should uninstall it??? and make clean save run FNIS Generator???

So do I need to uninstall my current XP32 Maximum Skeleton and then run FNIS and then clean save before installing the new XP32 Maximum Extended Skeleton found here?

Please help me if you can, as always thanks for the cool mods hard work and your time and efforts...

I currently have the XP32 Maximum Skeleton and I want to try this out, However I don't see anything that says if I already have a skeleton I should uninstall it??? and make clean save run FNIS Generator???

You should be able to install all the required parts here, then just re-install XP32 at the end and overwrite.

Great guide, really helpful and comprehensive.

Just a thought, consider using Wrye/BAIN as an installer, it doesn't have the issues MO has. It uses the default directory like NMM, but shows mod conflicts before/after installs and will allow you to install/uninstall individual mods without the hassle of overwriting other mods (the Wrye installer "anneals" your other installed mods automatically making sure higher install order overwrites lower install order mods). It makes it easy for me to try out / swap body textures, and since I already use Wrye to make bashed patches for leveled lists its convenient. There is a bit of work to set up your mods, manual download and rename the saved file for easy load order (ie. add "D01" to the beginning of "Appropriately Attired Jarls-23793-1-1-1", or "D02" to "Argonian Decapitation Fix-22624-1-0" if you are using the STEP Project as a base for your other mods) its just a few characters to add for reference & optional if you're not into the whole OCD thing.

TL;DR

I've got Merida Hair working, and now I'm looking to install HDT/BBP, thanks for the tutorial.

Overall I have it working but it just doesn't work with SOS collision for me.... like boob job etc doesn't work. I had it working once before but that was with 7Base Bombshell Beta and I am now trying to use it on UNPBO, UNPB etc etc not working. Any ideas what the problem might be?

I'm using XPMS Extended Skeleton 
UNPBO original base mesh is UNPB
HDT is the latest version with this collision installed. 
http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/866-hdt-breast-physic-and-collision-for-sevenbase-unpunpb-cbbe-and-topmodel/

I installed and ran FNIS but character freeze crash when loading saves...

When saves successfully loaded my breasts keeps jittering awkwardly and flash changing sizes and I don't know what have I done wrong...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Problem found! HDT doesn't work well with the "Supermodel Skyrim II" NPC replacer mod

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to follow instructions. But my boobies collapse when running. Stay stretched in a static position when sneaking (as well as ass cheeks)

xD, man i've spent hours and hours literally stayed up all night trying to fix shit and to no avail.

I use Mod Organizer, which makes things even more confusing because i can't really tell how i'm supposed to get to Meshes folder (been doing so with going into CBBE body slide)

but you know since there is a virtual merge in Mod Organizer in a sense, you can't really get to a perfect Directory. Or at least that's my understanding.

All I want is HDT, Skin textures with SG with no seam, and some boobies to bounce can't say I really care about the ass but you know, HDT seems better than all the BBP/TBBP shit.

Any help would be great.

(I've check forums, a lot of forums and their topics with all Seams and Physics shit - and let me tell ya' - with all that i've basically just made a clusterfuck of shit in mod organizer where i'm really starting to think what I want isn't possible with my knowledge. I am not a computer savvy guy.)

Any advice would be appreciated.