HOW TO INSTALL HDT? Step 1: Click this - An overly-descriptive tutorial!

Wait, so installing HDT physics doesn't automatically create boob physics!? Okay, well then I have another question, the way you describe the Havok solution, it sounds like I would only have tit bounce when in one of the idle animations, I want there to be tit bounce when I am adventuring and on other female NPCs when they are walking around. How do I get that?

You shouldn't be losing the bouncy effect from the batch build at all.

You might be installing one of the non-outfits on mistake with the batch build.

Might be worth trying to convert them all without using the batch export. Its tedious to go through them one by one, but you could do one just to see if it works and go from there.

Re-create your body and then go to outfits and create the bodies in those.

If you use a custom preset that isn't on the default list I'll tell you how to make it appear in the dropdown.

OK. By this you mean, that i should select "Outfit/Body: HDT CBBE Bodyslide", use a preset in "Preset:", modify it to my liking and then click "Save preset". Those are the options i then see:

post-369561-0-27566300-1395857840_thumb.jpg

I would only check "CT77 Bonus", "CT77 Vanilla-Main" and "HDT Body". CT77 should be the remodeled armor pack i mentioned above. I am not sure about the "HDT body". Does this mean, the new proportions are transferred to the pre-existing HDT Body outfit/body?

Sorry for being noob. :blush:

You shouldn't be losing the bouncy effect from the batch build at all.

You might be installing one of the non-outfits on mistake with the batch build.

Might be worth trying to convert them all without using the batch export. Its tedious to go through them one by one, but you could do one just to see if it works and go from there.

Re-create your body and then go to outfits and create the bodies in those.

If you use a custom preset that isn't on the default list I'll tell you how to make it appear in the dropdown.

OK. By this you mean, that i should select "Outfit/Body: HDT CBBE Bodyslide", use a preset in "Preset:", modify it to my liking and then click "Save preset". Those are the options i then see:

I would only check "CT77 Bonus", "CT77 Vanilla-Main" and "HDT Body". CT77 should be the remodeled armor pack i mentioned above. I am not sure about the "HDT body". Does this mean, the new proportions are transferred to the pre-existing HDT Body outfit/body?

Sorry for being noob. :blush:

My presets actually have the groups "CBAdvanced, CB++, CalienteArmor, CalienteClothing"

Some of these might be for some packs, but so far using this combination makes my presets appear under every outfit I ever put into Bodyslide.

It might be the CBAdvanced setting that makes it universal like that. Not totally sure, but it works for me.

If you wanted to you could probably select them all. I think the HDT body option will just put the presets under the HDT bodyslide.

Wait, so installing HDT physics doesn't automatically create boob physics!? Okay, well then I have another question, the way you describe the Havok solution, it sounds like I would only have tit bounce when in one of the idle animations, I want there to be tit bounce when I am adventuring and on other female NPCs when they are walking around. How do I get that?

No, HDT physics will automatically create boob physics if its installed properly and you use a BBP or TPPB body mesh.

You'll have breast bounce no matter what you're doing, not just during idles.

Im crashing :/ not sure what I am doing wrong, I have a forum post here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29234-crashing-with-hdt-help-i-need-somebody-help-not-just-anybody-help/

Yeah, crashes before the main menu are usually from missing masters. Glad you fixed whatever was the issue though :P

Looking at your first post, it looks like you did the installation right

Thank you very much for answering my questions, its deeply appreciated!

I got everything downloaded and installed, even breast collision is working.

HOWEVER! (of course there has to be one, god forbid modding ever went smoothly lol)

The breast collision friendly animations by red give me problems with the breasts getting stuck on the hands. Ive seen that it can be fixed by downloading just for fun and editing the (xml? Wish me luck on that one). But i cant download JFF for some reason, the fact that the site is in chinese doesnt bother me, it can be easily translated. the problem is when i hit the download icon another little message pops up (that bing wont translate) that has a little circumscribed "!" and i cant figure out what the problem is.

Secondly sometimes (especially if i try to install non vanilla walk and run animations such as included in Dragonfly's original tbbp file or "The Tbbp animation of dragonfly" by lecid) there is Jitter in the breasts and buttocks.

I followed the guide provided just like you said. ^_^ again thank you VERY much for the speedy response!!!!

**Edit**

If you could suggest any walk run and sprint files/animations it would save me a ton of headaches lol

Thank you for your answers and suggestions Enskyment.

So far i thought that somehow i use bodyslide the wrong way. But now, especially when thinking that NPCs have no bounce when naked, i think something else is wrong. But i cannot figure out what. Maybe it is the HDT body after all.

Do you use the AdvancedTBBP body? Do you have torpedo breasts? If yes, did you install the fix you mentioned?

Maybe this is something i should try.

Another thing: Compeltely reinstalling CBBE and bodyslide could cause my savegame to be ruined? Is this also something i should try?

The thing is i am finally almost happy with my modding setup. This is the only thing that bothers me: No NPC breast bounce at all. That just totally breaks the immersion. ;) So i am worried that i fuck up my setup. :s

So far i thought that somehow i use bodyslide the wrong way. But now, especially when thinking that NPCs have no bounce when naked, i think something else is wrong. But i cannot figure out what. Maybe it is the HDT body after all.

Do you use the AdvancedTBBP body? Do you have torpedo breasts? If yes, did you install the fix you mentioned?

Another thing: Compeltely reinstalling CBBE and bodyslide could cause my savegame to be ruined? Is this also something i should try?

The thing is i am finally almost happy with my modding setup. This is the only thing that bothers me: No NPC breast bounce at all. That just totally breaks the immersion. ;) So i am worried that i fuck up my setup. :s

In my case the Advanced TBBP body from bodyslide works the best. and no i dont have torpedo boobs but since ive never had it i dont know what i did to fix it. it was probably the Skeleton Reference fix.

Are the npcs you mentioned clothed? and if so are they wearing TBBP enabled armor/clothes? If they are clothed but not using TBBP enabled clothes you wont see the bounce. 

Thank you very much for answering my questions, its deeply appreciated!

I got everything downloaded and installed, even breast collision is working.

HOWEVER! (of course there has to be one, god forbid modding ever went smoothly lol)

The breast collision friendly animations by red give me problems with the breasts getting stuck on the hands. Ive seen that it can be fixed by downloading just for fun and editing the (xml? Wish me luck on that one). But i cant download JFF for some reason, the fact that the site is in chinese doesnt bother me, it can be easily translated. the problem is when i hit the download icon another little message pops up (that bing wont translate) that has a little circumscribed "!" and i cant figure out what the problem is.

Secondly sometimes (especially if i try to install non vanilla walk and run animations such as included in Dragonfly's original tbbp file or "The Tbbp animation of dragonfly" by lecid) there is Jitter in the breasts and buttocks.

I followed the guide provided just like you said. ^_^ again thank you VERY much for the speedy response!!!!

**Edit**

If you could suggest any walk run and sprint files/animations it would save me a ton of headaches lol

What method of collision are you using?

If you're using Havok Object, are you using the XML that comes with it or the default HDT one?

Also, are you using the XP32 skele?

As for the jitter - same question. are you using the default XML? and you've set your ENB and optimized Havok right?

As for JFF, even if it works that site seems to require its cloud downloader thing. I'm uploading my copy of JFF here. Check the next post.

Female animation pack:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29408/?

Simple, but beats vanilla. Can't remember what the runs look like.

XP32's walk, run, and sprint animations:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13272/? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11447/?

A bit silly, but it can be cute. Not too exaggerated.

Only other I can remember trying is the Dragonfly one, but there's more on the Nexus I never checked out.

I'm not really sure what your issue could be. First time I've heard of this issue.

Yes, I use AdvancedTPPB. No torpedo breasts. Yes, I use the fix linked.

And no. CBBE just replaces character meshes and textures. It doesn't have any scripts that can hurt your savegame. So yeah, if you think that might help try it out.

I get what you mean. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix that issue as I've never ran into it to my knowledge.

I've reinstalled my HDT setup multiple times. It becomes easy after the first time or so :P

No, the HDT CBBE body is the only body I have installed.  The CalientesAdvancedTBBP is what I selected in Bodyslide2 where it asks in the upper left corner for "Outfit/Body".  I don't see a selection there for HDT Body in the drop down list.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong but it seems to work for me :P

If you want to use the AdvancedTPPB then you're doing it right. If you install the HDT body on top of Bodyslide2 then it will be on the list at the bottom, but it never is required to be used even when installed. I have it installed in case I want to take its sliders :P

This is pretty much what i did in bodyslide:

1) Top: Outfit/Body: HDT CBBE Bodyslide

2) Preset: My modified preset of the UNPB preset

3) Save preset: Checked everything from Calientes stuff, CT77, HDT Body etc.

4) Batch build: Unchecked everything except the armor mods

5) Create bodies

Thats it. If i do this with CalienteBodyAdvanced TBBP as Outfit/Body, my char has torpedo-boobs when naked and that looks ridiculous. The armor fits better/no torpedos but the bouncy effect is gone after batch build. :(

This might be questioning the obvious, but the NPCs are wearing TPPB clothing right?

As for the bodies.. I may look into a way to merge reference skeletons in order to be able to use the fixed TPPB with features from other ones, but its probably not something I'll figure out lol. If I do though I'll be posting any findings here.

Question. I currently cant connect to the internet with my rig so i dont have the luxury of trial and error yet xP
As a CBBE user i took a look at your cbbe guide. Now if i follow that guide, do i still have to optimize Havok in the Skyrim.ini file? If i do so will i still have to install havok object. What Exactly does the Havok object do.
Ive also heard that the object doesnt work on beast races but i came across a modified esp that does work on them. Sorry for the dumb questions but im trying to get it all straight before i take a run at it.

Edit
Also does hdt come with its own walk run and sprint animations or will i be able to install those on my own?

No need to apologize :)

Havok in your .ini file is separate from Havok Object.

A lot of people have suggested to optimize Havok in the Skyrim.ini file including experienced users on the site which is why I personally do it and put it in the guide. However, I have heard a grand total of one person suggest not to which is why I listed it as an optional step.

Its up to you. I thought it worked well for me so I use it.

Havok Object is a fairly quick and easy way to get working collision for use with like the idle animations where the hands come in contact with the breasts.

I haven't ever tried it on a beast race so I'm not sure how it works on them with or without a modified esp of it.

HDT does not rely on any animations. You can use vanilla animations if you want and the physics will still work. If you have some you like then use them. My entire animation set is at least 20+ files, half of them being big packs. No animation limitations with HDT unlike purely TPPB/ BBP :)

Hi Enskyment, great work. I've always been curious on the subject and I still have a lot of doubts\questions just out of curiosity even after reading yours and others guides.

I'll leave them here, maybe you or someone else will be able to answer.

To simplify things, consider my objective as this: to find proper HDT boobs physics for the x body (in my case UNP standard (not UNPB))

Lets' start.

1) Ok if I understood correctly for the boobs physics we need a skeleton with all the proper bones (i.e. XP32) and a body mesh that has support for breast animations (in other words the mesh needs to be weighted correctly on the boobs, I guess?). My first question is: this "weighted" mesh is always called "BBP" or "TBBP"...what the hell is the difference between the two, or others?

1bis) :P Does the body mesh of our choice need to explicitly have HDT support, or is enough to have the correct skeleton and breasts anim support?

2) What happens, for example, when I have a body (or another random mesh (i.e. some revealing clothes) properly weighted\edited) that have both boobs physics and animation support? Are they both activated? Does this cause problems?

3) The answer to the previous question is also important because I'd imagine that with a physics enabled body modders in theory wouldn't need to do breasts animations at all. Correct? 

Understandable. Your wants are definitely doable.

1. Right. There might be more to it, but BBP has breast weights and TPPB has breast + butt weights. So if you don't want any body jiggly, you don't need either. if you don't want any rear bounce, then use BBP. And if you want both then use TPPB.

1bis. No. Most bodies won't have the word HDT anywhere around them or specify if they have HDT support or anything. As long as you have a skeleton suitable and selected the right body (in your case, BBP/ TPPB UNP) then you're good to go.

2. Just the physic effects will appear. No issues. HDT basically overrides any effects that animations would have given on their own. You can use vanilla animations or TPPB animations and either will work fine with physics. I've used tppb versions and normal versions of animations and saw no difference between the two when using HDT.

3. Correct. As I was saying to Wristyearth - One of the many positives of HDT over TPPB alone is that you can use any animations you want :)

However, you will still need TPPB clothes :P

Hope these answers help!

Thanks for the answers :)

Giving more detail to the 1st answer I just found this:

Note: The TBBP bones are: NPC L Breast, NPC L Breast01, NPC L Butt, NPC R Breast, NPC R Breast01, and NPC R Butt.

Note 2: The BBP bones are: NPC L Breast and NPC R Breast.

From this tutorial: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=1284221

And..If I can make a suggestion to further enhance your guide, I feel since you need a properly weighted mesh (be it a body or a dress\armour) to have HDT functioning a lot of people would be happy to understand how to create\adapt such a mesh to their liking and body shape (this is especially useful since if you like an armour that is NOT of your body shape or is NOT bbp enabled or both you can wait forever for someone to do the work for you or you can do it yourself :))

And..if I got it right, you can do all these things with bodyslide\outfit studio: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/? (there are already linked guides)

Maybe you can mention it (I didn't check if you have already)

bye ;)

Hey Enskyment,

i reinstalled the skeleton, CBBE, bodyslide2, hdt-pe, hdt body, textures and the armor set.

I used AdvancedTBBP as outfit/body and CBBE as preset (and increased breast size from 80% to 100% and saved it) and loaded my game without batch build. Voilá, titty bounce (e.g. with fur armor)! :D

Then i used batch build to convert the armor because i noticed that it didnt fit 100% (maybe because of the 100% breast size) and converted the armor. And this really lead to the loss of titty bounce in armor (e.g. fur armor).

really weird....

also without conversion i have titty bounce of npcs, yay!

Hey Enskyment,

i reinstalled the skeleton, CBBE, bodyslide2, hdt-pe, hdt body, textures and the armor set.

I used AdvancedTBBP as outfit/body and CBBE as preset (and increased breast size from 80% to 100% and saved it) and loaded my game without batch build. Voilá, titty bounce (e.g. with fur armor)! :D

Then i used batch build to convert the armor because i noticed that it didnt fit 100% (maybe because of the 100% breast size) and converted the armor. And this really lead to the loss of titty bounce in armor (e.g. fur armor).

really weird....

also without conversion i have titty bounce of npcs, yay!

Sounds like your armours don't support BBP/ TPPB or aren't being converted with the right preset.

What armours are you trying this on and when doing a batch build, where are you doing it from? One of the armours or your preset in the correct body section?

Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide and BBP by ChronoTrigger77 (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259/?)

My preset and as outfit/body the CalienteBodyAdvanced TBBP.

Then bacth buil in the left bottom corner using only the armors that begin with CT77, which is ChronoTrigger77, nothing else like CB++ or anything else containing "Caliente".

http://imgur.com/yPkB2OC.jpg

reinstall. select this option.

After reading your guide I had everything working 100% so I thank you for that.  The issue is today I wanted to try out a mod that requires the HDT body preset so I changed it from TBBP body to HDT.  I use the ORC-petite-Boxum subset btw.  I created bodies and batch built all my clothes.  Now in game all naked bodys are crushed and seriously deformed.  I tried everything.  Switching back to TBBP uninstalling CBBE and starting again but nothing works why are all my bodies crushed?  what caused this and how can I avoid it in the future?

Thanks a million

EDIT: when i say crushed I dont mean like HDT is stuck  physics work fine.  Textures are stretched and awfule.  The seams are crushed inaround the pelvis and the nipples are covering the whole boob.  Its really weird and I have never seen this before or know how to fix it

Thats the option i selected. Unchecked the addons because i only have vanilla.

I don't know what else to tell you. Everything you say sounds like you're doing it right so something must be messed up somewhere.

After reading your guide I had everything working 100% so I thank you for that.  The issue is today I wanted to try out a mod that requires the HDT body preset so I changed it from TBBP body to HDT.  I use the ORC-petite-Boxum subset btw.  I created bodies and batch built all my clothes.  Now in game all naked bodys are crushed and seriously deformed.  I tried everything.  Switching back to TBBP uninstalling CBBE and starting again but nothing works why are all my bodies crushed?  what caused this and how can I avoid it in the future?

Thanks a million

EDIT: when i say crushed I dont mean like HDT is stuck  physics work fine.  Textures are stretched and awfule.  The seams are crushed inaround the pelvis and the nipples are covering the whole boob.  Its really weird and I have never seen this before or know how to fix it

Sounds like a skeleton issue. Might also be something wrong with your bodies. Make sure to generate them right if you use the batch tool.

I use mod organizer. do you think this could be the cause of this problem? :s

Ah. Yeah. Possibly. Just last night I was reading on an armour mod page that everyone using MO was having trouble with its cubemaps not appearing right. As useful as MO is, you may want to consider trying another form of install for all your HDT and character related things just to see if it works any better.

Is there a way to make this work with hilariously big breasts? when she rubs her breasts with some idle animation i installed (one made by a Japanese guy), the hands clip inside the breasts, is there any solution for this?

the rest of the animation is fine, boobs jump at the end and all that, it's just the clipping that bothers me.

I use a custom xpms skeleton i found on this forum (some months ago, i don't really remember the thread) and a HDT bodyslide i also found there.

Is there a way to make this work with hilariously big breasts? when she rubs her breasts with some idle animation i installed (one made by a Japanese guy), the hands clip inside the breasts, is there any solution for this?

the rest of the animation is fine, boobs jump at the end and all that, it's just the clipping that bothers me.

I use a custom xpms skeleton i found on this forum (some months ago, i don't really remember the thread) and a HDT bodyslide i also found there.

I believe you'd need to edit the animation and set the hand path to better fit your character's breasts.

After reading your guide I had everything working 100% so I thank you for that. The issue is today I wanted to try out a mod that requires the HDT body preset so I changed it from TBBP body to HDT. I use the ORC-petite-Boxum subset btw. I created bodies and batch built all my clothes. Now in game all naked bodys are crushed and seriously deformed. I tried everything. Switching back to TBBP uninstalling CBBE and starting again but nothing works why are all my bodies crushed? what caused this and how can I avoid it in the future?

Thanks a million

EDIT: when i say crushed I dont mean like HDT is stuck physics work fine. Textures are stretched and awfule. The seams are crushed inaround the pelvis and the nipples are covering the whole boob. Its really weird and I have never seen this before or know how to fix it

I had a similar problem. If youre using cbbe , when you batchbuild uncheck the bodies with the HDT prefix. That fixed my problem.

Edit

Didnt read the whole post. Tick only one of the HDT bodies (the one you use) untick the others.

Thats the option i selected. Unchecked the addons because i only have vanilla.

I don't know what else to tell you. Everything you say sounds like you're doing it right so something must be messed up somewhere.

Thanks a million

Sounds like a skeleton issue. Re-install it.

I use mod organizer. do you think this could be the cause of this problem? :s

Ah. Yeah. Possibly. Just last night I was reading on an armour mod page that everyone using MO was having trouble with its cubemaps not appearing right. As useful as MO is, you may want to consider trying another form of install for all your HDT and character related things just to see if it works any better.

OK. Thank you very much for help over the last days and for writing this great guide. I will either try or play like it is. ;)

I believe you'd need to edit the animation and set the hand path to better fit your character's breasts.

Oh well that's out of my reach... I guess I'll have to deal with it then, anyways, thank you.

Also, when using loverslab the breasts and ass clip through some animations, would the solution be the same as in my other question?