HOW TO INSTALL HDT? Step 1: Click this - An overly-descriptive tutorial!

I follow all the instructions on section B, and I assumed I didn't have to do the HDT Havok Path method, since you didn't really mention that, so I replaced my body (I am using the old CBBE Manga Body). After I did so, and went back into the game, my character acted as if HDT was never installed, the hands went through the breasts. Then I reinstalled Havok Object, and equipping that did give the breasts HDT physics, but now occasionally it vibrates and when it makes contact with the hands it is stuck pointing upwards (much like the video below), and I am not using and hair with physics. I have also tried both with and without skeleton_female.hkx. I have not been able to solve this for the longest time (approx. 3 months?). Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

You said equipping Havok Object gave the breasts physics. Are you saying that if you take Havok Object off your character then the physics disable completely?

What HDT version and XML are you using for Havok Object?

I've seen some really messed up collision before that was mostly caused by the XML file. You should use the default Havok Object setup until everything is working right - if you aren't.

If your character is behaving like the one in the video linked, it doesn't look the same kind of broken as hair with physics does or without the skele hhx. It seems to be working okay.

Maybe I'm off here, but the hands are going into the breasts because they're spaceship-sized.

Regardless of having collision enabled, its a set animation.

If the breasts are too small, I imagine the hands wouldn't even touch them and if they're as massive as in that video then they end up going through them.

As for the breasts pointing upward towards the end of the animation, that also is probably because of the size.

With normal sized breasts, the hands will rest above on the upper chest at the end of the animation.

However, with the.. erm.. spaceships.. The hands are still in contact with the breasts because of how much space they take up and thus the collision is still effecting them and due to the location the hands are at, it causes the breasts to tilt up in reaction.

If I'm right on this then the only real solution is to edit the animation so the character's hands better fit the body.

You could try out a normal-sized body just to see if everything works right first.

everything worked perfectly according to your guide. I use the HDT body and not the torpedo boob fix, and the boobs look good (without the hdt body there are torpedo boobs). Then i installed my armor pack (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259/?) and now i have torpedo boobs with the armor and no torpedo boobs when nude. :dodgy:

So i used the batch function in bodyslide as suggested, the torpedo is gone but also the physics (bouncy). :( Do you guys have any suggestions? Thank you!

Hmm. Not sure why the batch function would get rid of physics unless you have multiple variants of the armours. E.G. some armours in bodyslide will have both a standard and TPPB version and you'll want to generate the TPPB one. Also, make sure you don't have any actual bodies selected on that list or you can run into a lot of issues.

Anyways, I've used HDT body before and don't remember getting this problem.. Maybe I did and just didn't notice.

If I find anything more out on it I'll let you know.

Thank you for your answer. I did not notice any different options (TBBP or not) but i will check again. :shy:

Edit: No, there are just single files for each vanilla armor replacer that i can check in the batch build. This is really weird. Finally i thought i would get everything to work properly. :(

Thank you for your answer. I did not notice any different options (TBBP or not) but i will check again. :shy:

Edit: No, there are just single files for each vanilla armor replacer that i can check in the batch build. This is really weird. Finally i thought i would get everything to work properly. :(

Thinking on it more, you probably need outfits specifically for the HDT body maybe (GL finding those)

I believe you'll have to use Outfit Studio to convert outfits.

I'm not really sure, but I don't use the HDT body for a number of reasons.

Any reason you don't just use AdvancedTPPB?

You should try the HDT body thread if you want better support for it. I can't offer much as I don't use the body type and have little experience with it. I have edited the tutorial to specify this more and that it isn't the exact same as CBBE thus it might function more like a separate body.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/658-hdt-body/

Also, there seems to be a patch for the Remodeled Armor mod if you scroll down the page. You could try that out and see if it works.

Thinking on it more, you probably need outfits specifically for the HDT body maybe (GL finding those)

I believe you'll have to use Outfit Studio to convert outfits.

I'm not really sure, but I don't use the HDT body for a number of reasons.

Any reason you don't just use AdvancedTPPB?

You should try the HDT body thread if you want better support for it. I can't offer much as I don't use the body type and have little experience with it. I have edited the tutorial to specify this more and that it isn't the exact same as CBBE thus it might function more like a separate body.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/658-hdt-body/

Also, there seems to be a patch for the Remodeled Armor mod if you scroll down the page. You could try that out and see if it works.

HDT Body is TBBP and you don't need any special 'conversion' for it, is jut a cleaner bone weighted Caliente Advanced TBBP body, plus some more sliders. There's actually no reason I can think of to not use it instead of the old Advanced TBBP.

For me, the "torpedo boobs bug" looks so silly that i do not want to use the AdvancedTBBP body:

For some reason with the TBBP body my character had massive torpedos when naked as well as dressed. This changed only when i installed the HDT body. Naked looks perfect now, but when clothed i again had torpedos. So i converted the armors via batch build. Now the breasts look almost iodentical to the naked ones (which is good), but they lost their jiggle. That is my problem. :(

There's actually no reason I can think of to not use it instead of the old Advanced TBBP.

I personally don't use it because it seems to have a conflict with the extra ECE sliders (Blabba suggest not to use them), the body is slightly different in size than the normal CBBE body such as the breasts being a bit off (When asking Blabba about this, he said he wants to fix that eventually), the problem Peter is having with clothes not having the right reference skele (like with the normal CBBE body) and thus giving torpedo tits when clothed.

Plus I personally can't notice any difference with physics when using the body and all of the extra sliders can be added to the other bodies.

Regardless, I'd also use it if it weren't for the above reasons but I like the ECE sliders alot and don't like the visual differences. I'm picky :P

And in the HDT body thead, Blabba mentions outfit conversions and I've seen some done which is why I assumed they needed to be.

Peter is having everything look fine on his character's bare body, but something about bodies linked to outfits is giving him problems and functioning more like the normal CBBE which made me think it comes down to the reference skele the outfits are using or something.

Just as a test... hey Peter..

For me, the "torpedo boobs bug" looks so silly that i do not want to use the AdvancedTBBP body:

For some reason with the TBBP body my character had massive torpedos when naked as well as dressed. This changed only when i installed the HDT body. Naked looks perfect now, but when clothed i again had torpedos. So i converted the armors via batch build. Now the breasts look almost iodentical to the naked ones (which is good), but they lost their jiggle. That is my problem. :(

Whether you like this outfit or not, go ahead and try it out:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51112/?

According to the comments, it may have issues. Dunno'.

Tell me if you still get torpedo tits with it. I'm a bit busy to try it myself.

Whether you like this outfit or not, go ahead and try it out:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51112/?

According to the comments, it may have issues. Dunno'.

Tell me if you still get torpedo tits with it. I'm a bit busy to try it myself.

Hey thank you for the tip. Fits perfectly after conversion. No torpedos and still jiggle. :D

Interesting. So maybe that means conversions to HDT body do help then?

I'm still trying to learn Outfit Studio myself, but since the bodies are so similar it might not be that hard to convert in it. Worth a shot :P

Something i also noticed now, using several sexlab mods, as well as looking at naked NPC females (e.g.bathing beauties): The only character with bouncing assets is my character, all the other female chars have static breasts. is this normal with HDT?

Ah, I was meaning to look into this but totally forgot to.

I'll check today.

Something i also noticed now, using several sexlab mods, as well as looking at naked NPC females (e.g.bathing beauties): The only character with bouncing assets is my character, all the other female chars have static breasts. is this normal with HDT?

No.  I'm using HDT with no other BBP/TBBP animation mods, and I see my followers and other NPCs bounce.  What body mod are you using?

No.  I'm using HDT with no other BBP/TBBP animation mods, and I see my followers and other NPCs bounce.  What body mod are you using?

I am using CBBE Bodyslide with the HDT body as described in this thread. (so no previous UNPB installation as recommended in the CBBE description/FAQ on nexus, because i thought this is obsolete when using HDT) :(

I installed the XMPS Maximum skeleton extended as recommended in the OP, the CBBE HDT body (and no other body), the HDT stable version from October, and the Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide. I then used Bodyslide 2, chose the CT77 CBAdvanced preset and CalienteBodyAdvanced TBPP outfit/body and did a batch build.  All of the NPCs running around in leather or hide armors, or the short mage robes, have TBBP action.  Both my PC and NPCs have breast movement during sex scenes.

So you do not use the HDT body but the CalientesAdvancedTBBP body. Do you have torpedo-ish boobs? Because thats what i have with the TBBP body and therefore i use the HDT body in bodyslide for armor conversion and so on. But then the bounce is only showing for the PC and only when naked/wearing HDT body converted armor (e.g. scarlet dawn, see above). :-(

So you do not use the HDT body but the CalientesAdvancedTBBP body. Do you have torpedo-ish boobs? Because thats what i have with the TBBP body and therefore i use the HDT body in bodyslide for armor conversion and so on. But then the bounce is only showing for the PC and only when naked/wearing HDT body converted armor (e.g. scarlet dawn, see above). :-(

No, the HDT CBBE body is the only body I have installed.  The CalientesAdvancedTBBP is what I selected in Bodyslide2 where it asks in the upper left corner for "Outfit/Body".  I don't see a selection there for HDT Body in the drop down list.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong but it seems to work for me :P

F) CBBE for HDT Guide:

4. Generate your body.

Skyrim/ Data/ CalienteTools/ Bodyslide/ Bodyslide.exe

At the top in the "Outfit/ Body" section click that and select the body type you want.

If you want bouncing lady parts, select CalienteBodyAdvancedTBBP.

Select a preset. You can either form your own or use one from the list. The "Cbbe" one is the default and I recommend it if you're just starting out. You can always easily change it anytime.

Hit "Create Bodies" and there you go.

This is just for the character body. For clothing, see the clothing guide.

G) Clothing for CBBE w/ HDT:

1. Get the armours.

Its as simple as that. Find armours with TPPB support preferably and ones that have conversions for bodyslide available. Bodyslide isn't necessarily needed if you want to use the default CBBE preset though.

2. Get the conversions.

Either by a manual install and merging them with your bodyslide folder or through NMM from Nexus.

3. Convert!

Once they're both installed, go open up BodySlide. In the top dropdown box, you should be able to find the outfits in the list now. You can click on the specific outfits and then select a preset from the list and hit create bodies.

Note: User-created presets will not show up in the list by default and the only way to add your preset to the clothes will be through a batch build. Its easy to get the presets to appear in the list and very convenient when trying to edit individual outfit presets.. I will probably edit this post later to explain how.

If you hit create batch build in the bottom left as well, you'll want to uncheck all the body related options and only leave outfits selected. So uncheck things like the "CalienteVanilla" body etc. You'll also only want to install one type of each armour/ clothing. So say you see something on the list twice. One might be plain and the other might say TPPB in the title. Uncheck the plain one and leave the TPPB one - assuming you're using TPPB.

Make sure you only have the right outfits on the list and not body types otherwise you'll notice some issues in game.

That should pretty much do it.

This is pretty much what i did in bodyslide:

1) Top: Outfit/Body: HDT CBBE Bodyslide

2) Preset: My modified preset of the UNPB preset

3) Save preset: Checked everything from Calientes stuff, CT77, HDT Body etc.

4) Batch build: Unchecked everything except the armor mods

5) Create bodies

Thats it. If i do this with CalienteBodyAdvanced TBBP as Outfit/Body, my char has torpedo-boobs when naked and that looks ridiculous. The armor fits better/no torpedos but the bouncy effect is gone after batch build. :(

Question. I currently cant connect to the internet with my rig so i dont have the luxury of trial and error yet xP

As a CBBE user i took a look at your cbbe guide. Now if i follow that guide, do i still have to optimize Havok in the Skyrim.ini file? If i do so will i still have to install havok object. What Exactly does the Havok object do.

Ive also heard that the object doesnt work on beast races but i came across a modified esp that does work on them. Sorry for the dumb questions but im trying to get it all straight before i take a run at it.

Edit

Also does hdt come with its own walk run and sprint animations or will i be able to install those on my own?

Hi Enskyment, great work. I've always been curious on the subject and I still have a lot of doubts\questions just out of curiosity even after reading yours and others guides.

I'll leave them here, maybe you or someone else will be able to answer.

To simplify things, consider my objective as this: to find proper HDT boobs physics for the x body (in my case UNP standard (not UNPB))

Lets' start.

1) Ok if I understood correctly for the boobs physics we need a skeleton with all the proper bones (i.e. XP32) and a body mesh that has support for breast animations (in other words the mesh needs to be weighted correctly on the boobs, I guess?). My first question is: this "weighted" mesh is always called "BBP" or "TBBP"...what the hell is the difference between the two, or others?

1bis) :P Does the body mesh of our choice need to explicitly have HDT support, or is enough to have the correct skeleton and breasts anim support?

2) What happens, for example, when I have a body (or another random mesh (i.e. some revealing clothes) properly weighted\edited) that have both boobs physics and animation support? Are they both activated? Does this cause problems?

3) The answer to the previous question is also important because I'd imagine that with a physics enabled body modders in theory wouldn't need to do breasts animations at all. Correct? 

No, the HDT CBBE body is the only body I have installed.  The CalientesAdvancedTBBP is what I selected in Bodyslide2 where it asks in the upper left corner for "Outfit/Body".  I don't see a selection there for HDT Body in the drop down list.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong but it seems to work for me :P

If you want to use the AdvancedTPPB then you're doing it right. If you install the HDT body on top of Bodyslide2 then it will be on the list at the bottom, but it never is required to be used even when installed. I have it installed in case I want to take its sliders :P

This is pretty much what i did in bodyslide:

1) Top: Outfit/Body: HDT CBBE Bodyslide

2) Preset: My modified preset of the UNPB preset

3) Save preset: Checked everything from Calientes stuff, CT77, HDT Body etc.

4) Batch build: Unchecked everything except the armor mods

5) Create bodies

Thats it. If i do this with CalienteBodyAdvanced TBBP as Outfit/Body, my char has torpedo-boobs when naked and that looks ridiculous. The armor fits better/no torpedos but the bouncy effect is gone after batch build. :(

This might be questioning the obvious, but the NPCs are wearing TPPB clothing right?

As for the bodies.. I may look into a way to merge reference skeletons in order to be able to use the fixed TPPB with features from other ones, but its probably not something I'll figure out lol. If I do though I'll be posting any findings here.

Question. I currently cant connect to the internet with my rig so i dont have the luxury of trial and error yet xP

As a CBBE user i took a look at your cbbe guide. Now if i follow that guide, do i still have to optimize Havok in the Skyrim.ini file? If i do so will i still have to install havok object. What Exactly does the Havok object do.

Ive also heard that the object doesnt work on beast races but i came across a modified esp that does work on them. Sorry for the dumb questions but im trying to get it all straight before i take a run at it.

Edit

Also does hdt come with its own walk run and sprint animations or will i be able to install those on my own?

No need to apologize :)

Havok in your .ini file is separate from Havok Object.

A lot of people have suggested to optimize Havok in the Skyrim.ini file including experienced users on the site which is why I personally do it and put it in the guide. However, I have heard a grand total of one person suggest not to which is why I listed it as an optional step.

Its up to you. I thought it worked well for me so I use it.

Havok Object is a fairly quick and easy way to get working collision for use with like the idle animations where the hands come in contact with the breasts.

I haven't ever tried it on a beast race so I'm not sure how it works on them with or without a modified esp of it.

HDT does not rely on any animations. You can use vanilla animations if you want and the physics will still work. If you have some you like then use them. My entire animation set is at least 20+ files, half of them being big packs. No animation limitations with HDT unlike purely TPPB/ BBP :)

Hi Enskyment, great work. I've always been curious on the subject and I still have a lot of doubts\questions just out of curiosity even after reading yours and others guides.

I'll leave them here, maybe you or someone else will be able to answer.

To simplify things, consider my objective as this: to find proper HDT boobs physics for the x body (in my case UNP standard (not UNPB))

Lets' start.

1) Ok if I understood correctly for the boobs physics we need a skeleton with all the proper bones (i.e. XP32) and a body mesh that has support for breast animations (in other words the mesh needs to be weighted correctly on the boobs, I guess?). My first question is: this "weighted" mesh is always called "BBP" or "TBBP"...what the hell is the difference between the two, or others?

1bis) :P Does the body mesh of our choice need to explicitly have HDT support, or is enough to have the correct skeleton and breasts anim support?

2) What happens, for example, when I have a body (or another random mesh (i.e. some revealing clothes) properly weighted\edited) that have both boobs physics and animation support? Are they both activated? Does this cause problems?

3) The answer to the previous question is also important because I'd imagine that with a physics enabled body modders in theory wouldn't need to do breasts animations at all. Correct? 

Understandable. Your wants are definitely doable.

1. Right. There might be more to it, but BBP has breast weights and TPPB has breast + butt weights. So if you don't want any body jiggly, you don't need either. if you don't want any rear bounce, then use BBP. And if you want both then use TPPB.

1bis. No. Most bodies won't have the word HDT anywhere around them or specify if they have HDT support or anything. As long as you have a skeleton suitable and selected the right body (in your case, BBP/ TPPB UNP) then you're good to go.

2. Just the physic effects will appear. No issues. HDT basically overrides any effects that animations would have given on their own. You can use vanilla animations or TPPB animations and either will work fine with physics. I've used tppb versions and normal versions of animations and saw no difference between the two when using HDT.

3. Correct. As I was saying to Wristyearth - One of the many positives of HDT over TPPB alone is that you can use any animations you want :)

However, you will still need TPPB clothes :P

Hope these answers help!

You shouldn't be losing the bouncy effect from the batch build at all.

You might be installing one of the non-outfits on mistake with the batch build.

Might be worth trying to convert them all without using the batch export. Its tedious to go through them one by one, but you could do one just to see if it works and go from there.

Re-create your body and then go to outfits and create the bodies in those.

If you use a custom preset that isn't on the default list I'll tell you how to make it appear in the dropdown.

to bad that the CBBE + HDT guide only does CBBE. I already have CBBE and the advanced skeleton from XP32 (or something).

What else would you like it to cover? The HDT Body?

To install the HDT body, you do the same thing as listed in the guide but by selecting the HDT body from the list in Body Slide rather than Advanced TPPB.