HOW TO INSTALL HDT? Step 1: Click this - An overly-descriptive tutorial!

Note:
I am not actively involved with Skyrim and its modding community right now and am busy with many other things which is why I haven't replied to all the questions posted in this thread. Hopefully other people have been helping those who need it. Eventually I'll get back into Skyrim and be able to help out more here, but as for right now I'm inactive.

also, 100k+ views. <33

A) Intro/ Contents:

Intro:
When I first decided to get into HDT, I'll just say it was kind of a frustrating mess due to complete lack of a detailed tutorial and information on it. I spent too many hours going through error after error and figuring things out that could of been solved in 10 minutes through a very detailed tutorial.
So that's why I've put this together!

Do note that everything here might not be entirely accurate as I haven't been using HDT for that long, but I'm just going to say what worked for me personally and make this the kind of tutorial I would of liked to find when I was first installing it all. A lot of the things in this guide I figured out purely from trial and error and searching around.

You may have seen some other tutorials.. and while they're usually accurate they're also very simple. I have nothing against those tutorials and the people who wrote them.

However this tutorial is intended to be very in depth and just be freaking huge and extremely descriptive to make sure you can understand everything.

This doesn't mean HDT is very difficult or complex to install, but it is common to run into errors so hopefully I can help you get by most of them.

If you'd like to view some other tutorials check out Monsto's post. Eventually I may include a tutorials section in this thread as well.

This is targeted for ultra-newbies so will be very descriptive and possibly insult your common sense at times.

If you want something simpler then just look around the forum :)

Also, important note. Mod Organizer seems to have problems with certain things not working correctly when it comes to HDT. If you're getting issues, you may want to install certain things with Nexus Mod Manager instead or manually. If I know for sure installing through it can cause a problem then I'll specify in that section of the tutorial.

Contents:

Post 1:

A) Intro/ Contents/ THIS

B) HDT Guide

C) F.A.Q.

D) Downloads

E) Additional Downloads

Post 2:

F) CBBE for HDT Guide

G) Clothing for CBBE w/ HDT

Post 3:

H) Installing everything through NMM

I)  Collision (Havok Object)

And that's all of it for now.

So without further ado, let's get started.

B) HDT Guide:

.5. (Optional Step) Pre-req for XP32.

If you're going to install the recommended skeleton then first install this:

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

You can also get this if you want more sliders in-game:
Enhanced Character Edit
(has some compatibility issues with Race Menu)

Not at all required, but I'm mentioning it due to the modified XP32 skeleton having an option to extend it.

1. Install a skeleton.

Quick note: You don't actually have to follow the rest of these steps in this specific order. Some people prefer to install the skeleton last and let it overwrite anything else. Do whatever you're comfortable with.

The commonly recommended one is XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended.

If you use Nexus Mod Manager/ NMM then I highly recommend installing it through there. It has an actual installer and whatnot to go through that'll come up.
(If you don't know how to do this then check the mini-guide for manual-to-NMM installs down below)

Make sure to select the right options - that you use HDT and whatnot.

If you use ECE then the extra ECE sliders are a great addition and very useful for not only customizing your character, but moving items around to avoid clipping.

It is possible that these extra sliders can mess with certain body types in ways you don't want. As of now, the only one I know of that is effected is the HDT body for CBBE. If you're going to use it then avoid the extra sliders. They work fine with the AdvancedTPPB body for CBBE though. For any other body types, you'll have to find out on your own.

Make sure to overwrite anything from the ragdolls mod with this skele too.

There's also a file called "skeleton_female.hkx" that some have suggested to delete while others say to keep it.
Its in:

data/meshes/actors/character/character assets female
Keep it in there.

One final note on the skeleton is that you should avoid installing anything over it.

For example, if an animation pack wants to overwrite parts of it then don't let it.

And if you install it last, make sure to overwrite everything with it.

2. Install a body.

Depending on your wants, the body as well as the type may vary.
For full normal physic movement as well as breasts and behind bounce you'll want a body with TPPB.

I use CBBE so I can give a detailed guide for anyone else who uses this body type. It'll be down below.
For other body types, I'm not sure - just select the TPPB variants. I tried Sevenbase out once and picked TPPB through the installer and everything seemed to work fine. There's also an HDT Sevenbase body, but I'm not sure what all it is or does.

If you do use CBBE then check the second post for a guide.

3. Install HDT.
Here are a few versions:

v10-24-stable

v12-29

v14.28-latest

When I first installed HDT, I used v12-29 and did have some issues but they may of been caused by something completely different.

Nonetheless, 10-24 and 14.28 have worked fine for me. You might want to just use the most recent. Up to you.

Download these files and put them into your folder which is here:

Skyrim/ Data/ SKSE/ Plugins
You can install them through NMM if you prefer - check the guide below for that if you don't know how to.

It'll come with the default XML.

XML files heavily change how things move around and once you get everything working then I recommend trying lots of them out or editing them yourself in a program called Just For Fun until you're satisfied.

4. (Optional) Optimize Havok.

Go to:

User/ My Documents/ My Games/ Skyrim
Open up the Skyrim.ini file. Notepad works fine to edit it.

Now at the bottom, paste in:
[HAVOK]
iNumThreads=4
bHavokDebug=0
fMaxTime=0.0157
bDebugMultithreaded=0

Change the iNumThreads to the amount that matches your CPU.
This may actually boost your performance for the better.

If you really aren't sure and don't know how to find out your thread count, you can download Speccy and run that.

Go to the CPU tab on the left side. In the middle it'll show your threads.

5. (Optional) Make an ENB edit.
If you use an ENB and use version 10-24 or 12-29 of HDT then open up your ENBseries file from your Skyrim root folder.

You installed the ENB so you should know how to get there :)

Scroll down to the limiter section. It should look something like this:
[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

Set the WaitBusyRenderer part to true.
You might notice a performance hit.

This isn't required on the newest version of HDT.

-----

And there you go.
From here you can install different HDT-related things, experiment with and/ or tweak XMLs, install animations to see how they work with HDT, just play Skyrim and stare, etc.

Do note: You do not need TPPB animations like you do when using TPPB without HDT. Animations are no longer required for bouncey-bouncey.

Any animations you like will work and depending on XML, they can work quite well.
Check the additional downloads section for some different things.

C) F.A.Q.

Q. Movement works but its very jittery. wut do i do?
A. Make sure to complete steps 4 and 5 and this should fix it. If it doesn't, it could just come down to your install or XML. The default XML that comes with HDT shouldn't look jittery if you did everything right.

Q. Characters breasts look weird and flop around into different sizes and get stuck in certain places and all kinds of awful shit!
A. I recommend uninstalling everything you installed for HDT including your character body and skeleton and starting over. Then reinstall using the things I recommended in this thread and maybe trying another version of HDT. If you did all that and are still having issues, post here and be really specific as to what you did.

Q. The breasts.. look like massive torpedos.

A. If you use CBBE and they're rather torpedo-ish and you want the default look then install the fix for it posted in step 3 of the CBBE guide. If you use another body type, some different things might cause it and fix it. Check out the post(s) here and here.

Q. The breasts.. look like they got ran over by a truck. They're squished and/ or deformed.

A. Probably a skeleton issue. Re-install the skeleton and overwrite everything with it.

Q. Showracemenu sometimes breaks my character's physics. What do I do?
A. Nothing to my knowledge. This sometimes just happens. Save your game and restart Skyrim completely. The changes will be there and HDT will work again.

Q. My character's rear barely moves at all while everything else moves fine.
A. If you're sure you have a TPPB body and skele installed then its probably just your XML file. If by barely moves, you mean you can notice it jiggle a bit when coming to a stop? Then its just the XML. Try different ones out or edit them in Just For Fun. There's also one included in the All-In-One download in the additional DLs section that should definitely work. If you want to make sure its working try that out.. but I don't really suggest it for normal use unless you like the ass to bounce like a basketball LOL. Learning to use JFF is your best bet :D

Q. Collision with Havok Object doesn't work well for me and my character's breasts are stuck pointing upward. What did I do wrong?
A. Do you have any hair with physics installed? They won't work with collision - at least from havok Object. You can either unequip the item when using this hairstyle, change to a hair without physics, or install a modified version of HDT and Havok Object that works with hair physics. Check the additional downloads section for this. If you don't use any hairs then it might be a skeleton issue.

Q. My character's hair gets stretched and distorted across the screen.

A. This can sometimes happen when alt-tabbing without pausing. Just reload and it should be fixed.

Q. NPCs breasts spaz out and go crazy sometimes.. Uhh?

A. I think this happens the most from collision or at least Havok Object in my experience. Removing Havok Object from NPCs has made their tits rest for me. Its not something that'll hurt your game.. though I'm not sure why NPCs have to have the object equipped in the first place. Should of just been player-specific. I wonder if I can edit it in the CK to be like that. It might happen without Havok Object, but if it does it shouldn't happen much. Just reload the game to fix it. I wouldn't worry much about it unless it never stops and happens to every NPC or on a set basis.

Q. Things effected by HDT physics continue moving even after opening up the Steam overlay which pauses the rest of the game. Is that okay?

Yes. Its just a funny side effect due to how HDT works. Nothing to worry about.

Q. My game crashes when I exit it.. Should I worry about this?
A. No. This is a normal side effect that a lot of people seem to have according to posts in other threads on the subject.
Annoying, but not a problem. I fixed it once without knowing how but got the issue back after a reinstall.

Since then, I've fixed it after downloading the DLC and updating mods for it. Not sure if its specifically related to that or I just got lucky, but I never had any issues when the game did crash on exit so I wouldn't worry. I'm not sure if its directly tied to HDT or things that go with it or a conflict.

Q. My game crashes and when I try to load it back up there's a new save file named "HDTPhysicsExtension" and loading that save crashes my game again.. umm?

A. These saves are created after an error. You can check your HDT log file to see what's up and if its related to HDT. It isn't always necessarily directly from HDT I don't think. I believe if you fix the issue then the save will become loadable which is a way to find out what the problem is and when its resolved. It could of been a messup with the physics and chances are it won't happen in the same spot again.

If it happens extremely rarely I honestly wouldn't worry about it. If its happening frequently then you check your log file. You may have a big HDT issue on your hand or it may be something completely different.

Q. Where can I get XML files?

A. I suggest just looking around this forum. People have posted a lot of them. You can use JFF to tweak them too.

D) Downloads:

Links from the HDT guide:

Links from the CBBE guides:

Links from other guides:

E) Additional downloads:

Links absent from all the guides:

Links for HDT clothes, hairs, & accessories:

This is all I've found on my own. I'm sure plenty more exists, but a lot of downloads to things are buried deep in places.

I'll add more things to the list as I or others find downloads for them, but could really use the help. If anyone finds any HDT clothes, hair, accessories, or anything of that sort then please do post here with a link to get it so I can add it to the list.

Who knows what we'll see as time goes by. If you want to hunt around for more HDT stuff then you can try this place:
bbs.3dmgame.com

There are also things buried in larger threads that don't have their own topic. You can try around the board. One place you might find things in is:

What Mod is This?

If anyone finds some other HDT downloads for things then please do share them so we can expand this list.

Anyways, that sums up everything for the main setup.

I was going to make a credits section and might later as well as a section for other tutorials, but for now I'll just say thanks to all the people who have made this awesome stuff and thanks to Blabba and CLP2011 for helping me out when I was first installing HDT.

Feel free to ask questions or post any comments. Keep in mind that I haven't been using HDT for a long time and I don't know everything about it so I may not be able to give the best answers or always know how to fix everyone's problem. Nonetheless I can try and others can always post to help those out as well.

Check out the second and third posts if you need help with CBBE-related things, a simple method for breast collision, or Nexus Mod Manager installing.

F) CBBE for HDT Guide:

Please note: This guide is for the normal CBBE body, not the HDT body because I don't have enough experience with it like I do with standard CBBE to resolve issues you may come across.

ALSO, if you're using Mod Organizer you may run into troubles with HDT physics working with outfits. Its recommended that you either use NMM to manage your body and outfits. If you don't want to do that then your best bet is manually installing.

1. Get the body.

CBBE

Go through the installer. On the first tab, select that you want to create your own body and have bodyslide installed. Bodyslide lets you shape your character's figure and create different body types. The other options in the installer including Texblend are great too.

2. Get the add-on for Bodyslide.

Bodyslide 2 + Outfit Studio

If you're unfamiliar with this program, it makes Bodyslide more flexible and adds lots of nice things to it like new body types and sliders.
Outfit Studio is something else that can be used to convert outfits to different CBBE types.

2.5. (Optional Step) Download the HDT bodyslide.

HDT Body

I'm putting this here as this can be an addon to the Bodyslide tool for new sliders.

The body itself is not exactly a different looking body from CBBE but it does work a little differently. It has a lot of new sliders and is supposed to work with HDT physics better.

These sliders can be transferred to the AdvancedTPPB body.

Downloading this doesn't mean you have to use the HDT body, but you are free to if you'd like. I personally don't use it so I won't be able to offer much support for it as I don't know too much about it or how to get around its issues I've come across with it.

3. Install a reference skeleton fix for Bodyslide.

Installing this fix will overwrite things like swords on your character's back or extra ECE sliders, but its the easiest way I know of to do this.

Without this fix, you might notice your character's breasts being quite torpedo-ish when using the AdvancedTBBP body that I tell you how to install in the step below. If you actually want your character's breasts to poke out rather far then don't install this.

While I said not to overwrite things in the XP32 skeleton before, this is an exception.

Simply install this file over the old one:

Reference Skeleton Fix - make sure to get it at the above link here, not the "real vagina" download below.

Rename the file to skeleton_female.nif and place it here:

Data/ meshes/ actors/ character/ character assets female

4. Generate your body.
Skyrim/ Data/ CalienteTools/ Bodyslide/ Bodyslide.exe
At the top in the "Outfit/ Body" section click that and select the body type you want.
If you want bouncing lady parts, select CalienteBodyAdvancedTBBP.

- While this guide doesn't specifically cover the HDT body, I will mention that you can create it the same way by scrolling down in Outfit Studio (if you did step 2.5) and selecting the HDT CBBE Bodyslide.

Select a preset. You can either form your own or use one from the list. The "Cbbe" one is the default and I recommend it if you're just starting out. You can always easily change it anytime.

Hit "Create Bodies" and there you go.

This is just for the character body. For clothing, see the clothing guide.

5. (Optional) Remove neck seam (easy way)

This isn't really HDT-related, but I've noticed some people don't really know about this so I'm going to include it real quick.

Install the face mod and any textures you want to use.

You'll probably have a noticeable neckseam. There are two versions of Texblend.

One is more complex and can do the job better and the other is simpler and can still work fine.

For the light version, its an optional download in the CBBE installer. You should have it by default. Just go to:

Skyrim/ Data/ CalienteTools/ TexBlendLite/ TexBlend.exe

Double click it. Wait for it to complete. And that's it. No more neck seam :)

6. (Optional) Additional edits.

Note: The ECE extra sliders won't work with the skele fix above, but there are still some sliders that can be used.

Go in game and you may notice some clipping with certain weapons or want to make some simple adjustments without using bodyslide.
If you have ECE + The extra sliders from the XP32 skeleton I linked then you'll have a load of new slider options through "showracemenu"

.. you definitely know how to do this but if you reeally don't then open up the console and type in "showracemenu" for the race menu to pop up. (No quotation marks)

You can change things like breast and rear size and if the armour is TPPB then it'll scale with it. Extreme adjustments might result in clipping.
You can also change sizes and reposition weapons. It can work really well for moving something out of the way so it no longer goes into your character. This is part of why ECE with the extra sliders is so great.

G) Clothing for CBBE w/ HDT:

Once you have everything with HDT working, you're going to want things to wear.. Bodyslide and TPPB clothes are your best bet to work right with everything, but only TPPB is required for the physics.

You can find conversions in some different places. Here's a few threads I found on here. I think there are more, but I don't feel like looking right now.

Just hunt yourself.

Bodyslide Armor and Clothes List

Bodyslide Armor and Clothes List v2
Outfit Studio Bodyslide 2 CBBE Conversions

Some of these might be TPPB with bodyslide support.

Also, a lot of these work with physics and bodyslide:

Bodyslide Outfits and Mods
Even if you don't use bodyslide, you may at least want the amulets off of here so they are no longer floating off your character.

I think all of the clothes in the 'various' download work with physics/ tppb and I personally use a few of them.

In a lot of cases, you'll need to install the armours normally and then install the conversions.
So do just that.

1. Get the armours.

Its as simple as that. Find armours with TPPB support preferably and ones that have conversions for bodyslide available. Bodyslide isn't necessarily needed if you want to use the default CBBE preset though.

2. Get the conversions.

Either by a manual install and merging them with your bodyslide folder or through NMM from Nexus.

3. Convert!

Once they're both installed, go open up BodySlide. In the top dropdown box, you should be able to find the outfits in the list now. You can click on the specific outfits and then select a preset from the list and hit create bodies.

Note: User-created presets will not show up in the list by default and the only way to add your preset to the clothes will be through a batch build. Its easy to get the presets to appear in the list and very convenient when trying to edit individual outfit presets.. I will probably edit this post later to explain how.

If you hit create batch build in the bottom left as well, you'll want to uncheck all the body related options and only leave outfits selected. So uncheck things like the "CalienteVanilla" body etc. as well as any HDT body options and whatnot. If you don't do this right, things might end up looking very wrong. You'll also only want to install one type of each armour/ clothing. So say you see something on the list twice. One might be plain and the other might say TPPB in the title. Uncheck the plain one and leave the TPPB one - assuming you're using TPPB.

Make sure you only have the right outfits on the list and not body types otherwise you'll notice some issues in game.
That should pretty much do it.

H) Installing everything through NMM:

A lot of the files may seem like they require manual installs. They don't. The only thing I manually install into my Skyrim which has plenty of mods like most people's is the ENB.

This might be common knowledge but I'm going over everything so in order to install anything that's in the data folder through NMM, all you have to do is set up the filepath.
Note that some files like Groov's XP32 skeleton or Havok Object are already like this and you just need to put them into the NMM folder.

NMM seems to be smarter and all of this isn't required, but I do it to be safe.

1. Set up a file path.
Say you wanted to install an XML into your plugins folder for SKSE.
You should make blank folders leading to the file location.
Data/ SKSE/ Plugins/ -FILES HERE-

2. Zippp.
Zip up the data folder and name it what you want want.

3. Move it.
Computer/ C:/ Games/ Nexus Mod Manager/ Skyrim/ Mods
There's a shortcut to this folder at the top of NMM.

4. Install.
Launch NMM or restart it.
If you use categories, then it'll be in the "unassigned" category for you to easily find.
Assign it wherever you want and install it.

Might sound a little tedious, but I highly prefer doing this with every mod I find on non-Nexus sites because I hate manually installing anything.
You can do the same thing on here in order to take certain files out of Nexus downloads.

I) Collision (Havok Object - Simple method):

There are different ways to get working collision for your character. I do not know much about them and haven't learned since I don't use collision like this. You can find different ways to do it by looking around this forum.

You're probably reading this because you want your character to bounce her tits around. I'll show you how.
The easiest way to do this is with Havok Object.

1. Install.
Unzip it and drag its data folder to your Skyrim root and merge, or throw it into NMM and install it there (check the guide if you really don't know how to do this :P)

2. Spawn the item.
Once its installed, go into game and open up the console.
Type in "help HDT"
You should see something like "HDT Havok Object" appear on the list with an ID by it.
Type in "player.additem IDhere 1" and you'll receive one of these.

.. Don't include the quotation marks..

3. Equip it.
Go into your inventory and select it.
Tada.

Use the perverted idle animations with this if you want to see its effect. Check the additional downloads section.
Do note, this method of collision will give you some issues if using hair physics. Check the F.A.Q. for more info.

Well F*** it, I've been upstaged! I now have no reason to LIVE!!!!!!

In all seriousness, thanks for this you sir are the embodiment of god for doing this!

I hope you do not mind me linking to this wonderful guide for my own guide thread!

Edit: Do us all (modders) a favour and PM Monsto to pin this thread please :)

Well F*** it, I've been upstaged! I now have no reason to LIVE!!!!!!

In all seriousness, thanks for this you sir are the embodiment of god for doing this!

I hope you do not mind me linking to this wonderful guide for my own guide thread!

Edit: Do us all (modders) a favour and PM Monsto to pin this thread please :)

LOLLL. Sure thing!

I saw your WIP guide. Hope you don't mind that I made this one anyways - I had been planning to for a while now.

I'm sure your guide can teach a lot more that I couldn't and I'll put a link to it when its done and any others that may show up :P

I don't mind at all!

Just wanting to help newbies out :)

HDT is awesome, but it can be confusing at first so hopefully a more thorough guide can help newcomers figure it all out.

Sure, I'll shoot him a PM.

If I can chime in, as a newbie user, I'm loving this guide, and I'd also love to see yours as well blabba, you sure as hell got me started off with outfit studio :)

Thanks Enskyment, this is a REALLY useful read, especially the havoc edits! That's where as a newbie, I really need an overly-descriptive tutorial.

When I read through your beginning tutorial blabba,I noted you mention the havoc edits to the .ini, but I didn't know what to put and where to put it. So I did some looking around and found this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/1153/?

I didn't want to ask you about the specifics of the havoc edits since I knew you were still working on your tutorial, and as you can see from the link itself, even this edit leaves out what Enksyment included (thanks!)

So anyways, here's to overly-descriptive FTW! Those details are exactly what a newbie like me needs.

One lingering thought about the skeleton of groovtama. I am going to eschew the xp32 1.93(a?) this time around to try out groovtama's to see if HDT is more pronounced this time around (I've gotten TBBP and HDT to work before, but the bounce effect on the butt was a bit underwhelming to me). I've been quite afraid to use any other skeleton because I use XP32's animation pack and it is one of my top mods. Without using his specific skeleton, I've been worried that the animation pack won't work, but from what I've read, the two are very similar, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If you have any thoughts on that, I'd be glad to hear them.

Anyways, I'm going on too long here...thanks to both of you for all your hard work to help out people like me!

snip

Certainly. I was in the same boat as you not long ago so was trying to make something with enough detail that could of helped me :)

Thanks for the kind words. I can't take all the credit of course - Blabba was who showed me how to do steps 4 and 5 of the main HDT guide :P

As for the butt bouncing - I mentioned that in the F.A.Q. section as I had the same thing going on for me.

The rear barely had any movement apart from when coming to a total stop. Changing and editing XML files fixed this for me.

Its probably more on the XML than the skeleton you're using - though Groov's skele over the original is a must-use for me personally and can be much smoother. It also comes with some nice additions.

As long as HDT is working correctly then to my knowledge, any animations should work fine for you :)

I use 8 sets of character animations all mixed together for the ones I want and the physics work great with them all.

I've never used FNIS though so maybe there's something super weird and specific about these animations. They should work though so give it a shot.

I think you need 1 post for *hdt tutorials by* .I saw many of them scattered here :)  

yeah, I might add another section linking to other tutorials eventually

Yep, the level of the butt bounce is the same as last time without groovtama's skeleton, but I'll just play around with some of the xml's and try out just for fun. I'm glad I came across this post, I had no clue about the HDT body's extra set of sliders. Wow, just ... wow... :)

And the animation pack works just fine too, so that's a load off my shoulders finally...

This is an awesome tutorial, comprehensive and easy to understand, and I wish I saw it before spending hours trying to figure it out on my own (admittedly, I didn't look through the threads on the HDT listing, just stumbled through a bunch of links from the HDT Body thread). Is there a way to request a mod sticky it?

Thank you for this guide. Very easy following it. I now have one problem. I followed all including CBBE install. Character only looks normal in-game with HDT body preset in Bodyslide (from step 2.5 in CBBE). The CBBE TBBP body included with CBBE has torpedo boobs when in-game. I tried BAMM Bodyslide Armor Merge Mod. Same problem with all BAMM clothes. Only HDT body preset looks correct when in-game.

Is there a way to get HDT to work correctly with all clothes like the HDT body does? Or did I do something wrong that caused everything to have torpedo boobs except for HDT Body? I have re-installed everything 3 times now. Also this is on a fresh install.

From http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25971-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/page-14:

1. Torpedo Boobies, are either caused by wrong node scaling in RaceMenu or ECE, or if HDT is not working, which can be caused by the HDT Hair mod and an incompatible xml file for the hair, or by HDT xmls which are not for your body (see the red stuff).

I do not have RaceMenu, I have not tried ECE yet (but it is installed), I do not have HDT Hair.

Thank you for this guide. Very easy following it. I now have one problem. I followed all including CBBE install. Character only looks normal in-game with HDT body preset in Bodyslide (from step 2.5 in CBBE). The CBBE TBBP body included with CBBE has torpedo boobs when in-game. I tried BAMM Bodyslide Armor Merge Mod. Same problem with all BAMM clothes. Only HDT body preset looks correct when in-game.

Is there a way to get HDT to work correctly with all clothes like the HDT body does? Or did I do something wrong that caused everything to have torpedo boobs except for HDT Body? I have re-installed everything 3 times now. Also this is on a fresh install.

From http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25971-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/page-14:

1. Torpedo Boobies, are either caused by wrong node scaling in RaceMenu or ECE, or if HDT is not working, which can be caused by the HDT Hair mod and an incompatible xml file for the hair, or by HDT xmls which are not for your body (see the red stuff).

I do not have RaceMenu, I have not tried ECE yet (but it is installed), I do not have HDT Hair.

That quote is only valid when using UNPB 2.5.2 + HDT, with CBBE and bodyslide 2 you can produce torpedo boobs by generating old meshes with the new included xpms skeleton, when you have old meshes you need to use the the old dragonfly skeleton setup.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18250-rel-beta-realistic-genitalia-for-cbbe/?p=699093

This is an awesome tutorial, comprehensive and easy to understand, and I wish I saw it before spending hours trying to figure it out on my own (admittedly, I didn't look through the threads on the HDT listing, just stumbled through a bunch of links from the HDT Body thread). Is there a way to request a mod sticky it?

Thanks. I know what you mean.

I PM'd Monsto as Blabba suggested and he said he couldn't pin it because he's not a mod. He did, however, include it his thread here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25501-hdt-news-and-info-latest-v1428-stable-10-24/ which is the only sticky in this section.

Re-installed 3 times? Well shoot. I'm sorry. The tutorial is still new and a lot could be added to it.

My fault for not including something on this in the F.A.Q and leaving a section out about it in the CBBE guide.

I don't really know how the torpedo effect slipped my mind as its common to run into.

I have had the same thing come up. The advanced TPPB body looking torpedo-ish and the HDT body looking a tad squished.

An easy way to correct this is by installing the fix Groov just linked, which I need to add into the main posts.

That quote is only valid when using UNPB 2.5.2 + HDT, with CBBE and bodyslide 2 you can produce torpedo boobs by generating old meshes with the new included xpms skeleton, when you have old meshes you need to use the the old dragonfly skeleton setup.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18250-rel-beta-realistic-genitalia-for-cbbe/?p=699093

Thanks for clearing that up.

The skeleton fix worked. I think you might want to link directly to the file though. Your link brings my browser down to the download link under his post. That made me think you wanted me to use that file, which of course didn't work. Thanks for the help, would have given up earlier without this guide.

I'm using XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended and I'm using the Sword On Back option.
Then I overwrite XP32's skeleton_female.nif with the fix in your CBBE To HDT Guide.
The torpedoes-breast is gone, but the sword no longer stay on character back like it's supposed to.
Is there any way I can apply this fix while keeping the Sword On Back option ?
I tried install Bodyslide to a diffirent location then overwrite the file in the res folder with the fix, then create a new body mesh, but there's no change.

I'm using XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended and I'm using the Sword On Back option.

Then I overwrite XP32's skeleton_female.nif with the fix in your CBBE To HDT Guide.

The torpedoes-breast is gone, but the sword no longer stay on character back like it's supposed to.

Is there any way I can apply this fix while keeping the Sword On Back option ?

I tried install Bodyslide to a diffirent location then overwrite the file in the res folder with the fix, then create a new body mesh, but there's no change.

You'd probably have to edit the .nif file to have whatever in it is required for the swords on the back.

I really don't know. Its not something I've ever tried to do, but if I learn more on it then I'll post here.

I guess you could try using the HDT body instead since it doesn't require that fix, but it also might be trickier to use when it comes to outfits.

I might try to figure out how to do a merge like this myself. If I learn anything then I'll post here as well as share any merged .nif files.

I just tried that and it didn't fix the problem, for some reason. Pulled the skeleton from character assets female, put it in that Caliente folder and changed the config, and then generated bodies with Bodyslide, looked the same as before (torpedo).

I just tried that and it didn't fix the problem, for some reason. Pulled the skeleton from character assets female, put it in that Caliente folder and changed the config, and then generated bodies with Bodyslide, looked the same as before (torpedo).

That fix is for Outfit Studio, it doesn't fix problems with Bodyslide.

For Bodyslide you need an already made body that uses the correct T/BBP offsets, the above fix is for Outfit Studio users to rectify torpedo boobs when they make outfits and copy over weights and such.

I follow all the instructions on section B, and I assumed I didn't have to do the HDT Havok Path method, since you didn't really mention that, so I replaced my body (I am using the old CBBE Manga Body). After I did so, and went back into the game, my character acted as if HDT was never installed, the hands went through the breasts. Then I reinstalled Havok Object, and equipping that did give the breasts HDT physics, but now occasionally it vibrates and when it makes contact with the hands it is stuck pointing upwards (much like the video below), and I am not using and hair with physics. I have also tried both with and without skeleton_female.hkx. I have not been able to solve this for the longest time (approx. 3 months?). Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

F) CBBE for HDT Guide:

1. Get the body.

CBBE

Go through the installer. On the first tab, select that you want to create your own body and have bodyslide installed. Bodyslide lets you shape your character's figure and create different body types. The other options in the installer including Texblend are great too.

2. Get the add-on for Bodyslide.

Bodyslide 2 + Outfit Studio

If you're unfamiliar with this program, it makes Bodyslide more flexible and adds lots of nice things to it like new body types and sliders.

Outfit Studio is something else that can be used to convert outfits to different CBBE types.

2.5. (Optional Step) Download the HDT body.

HDT Body

Its not exactly a separate body from CBBE but something that will add on to your Bodyslide tool. A new body with lots of new sliders will be on the list.

There's also additional sliders that can be downloaded and sliders can be added to other body types. Blabba plans to make a guide for doing this.

I did notice that this body looks a tad bit different than the normal CBBE one in some ways that I didn't like, but some might prefer it.

(.. do note that the pregnancy stuff isn't going to be thrown at your face or be required so don't be afraid to download it like I was at first lol)

NOTE: If you use the extra ECE sliders from the XP32 skeleton I linked in the main HDT guide then you may get some small issues with this body type. Upon testing, I noticed that even when I didn't change any of the sliders through the race menu my character was a tad bit shorter and her breasts looked a little bit off.

If you want to use the HDT body, I don't recommend installing the extra sliders. If you want to use the sliders then use AdvancedTPPB.

3. Install a reference skeleton fix for Bodyslide.

If you plan to use (use, not just install into bodyslide) the HDT body, skip this step. Also, installing this fix will overwrite things like swords on your character's back.

But without this fix, you might notice your character's breasts being quite torpedo-ish when using the AdvancedTBBP body that I tell you how to install in the step below. If you actually want your character's breasts to poke out rather far then don't install this.

While I said not to overwrite things in the XP32 skeleton before, this is an exception.

Simply install this file over the old one:

Reference Skeleton Fix - make sure to get it at the above link here, not the "real vagina" download below.

Rename the file to skeleton_female.nif and place it here:

Data/ meshes/ actors/ character/ character assets female

4. Generate your body.

Skyrim/ Data/ CalienteTools/ Bodyslide/ Bodyslide.exe

At the top in the "Outfit/ Body" section click that and select the body type you want.

If you want bouncing lady parts, select CalienteBodyAdvancedTBBP.

If you downloaded the HDT body, you can also select HDTCBBEBodySlide but its not required to be used even if you downloaded it.

Select a preset. You can either form your own or use one from the list. The "Cbbe" one is the default and I recommend it if you're just starting out. You can always easily change it anytime.

Hit "Create Bodies" and there you go.

This is just for the character body. For clothing, see the clothing guide.

5. (Optional) Remove neck seam (easy way)

This isn't really HDT-related, but I've noticed some people don't really know about this so I'm going to include it real quick.

Install the face mod and any textures you want to use.

You'll probably have a noticeable neckseam. There are two versions of Texblend.

One is more complex and can do the job better and the other is simpler and can still work fine.

For the light version, its an optional download in the CBBE installer. You should have it by default. Just go to:

Skyrim/ Data/ CalienteTools/ TexBlendLite/ TexBlend.exe

Double click it. Wait for it to complete. And that's it. No more neck seam :)

6. (Optional) Additional edits.

Go in game and you may notice some clipping with certain weapons or want to make some simple adjustments without using bodyslide.

If you have ECE + The extra sliders from the XP32 skeleton I linked then you'll have a load of new slider options through "showracemenu"

.. you definitely know how to do this but if you reeally don't then open up the console and type in "showracemenu" for the race menu to pop up. (No quotation marks)

You can change things like breast and rear size and if the armour is TPPB then it'll scale with it. Extreme adjustments might result in clipping.

You can also change sizes and reposition weapons. It can work really well for moving something out of the way so it no longer goes into your character. This is part of why ECE with the extra sliders is so great.

G) Clothing for CBBE w/ HDT:

Once you have everything with HDT working, you're going to want things to wear.. Bodyslide and TPPB clothes are your best bet to work right with everything.

You can find conversions in some different places. Here's a few threads I found on here. I think there are more, but I don't feel like looking right now.

Just hunt yourself.

Bodyslide Armor and Clothes List

Bodyslide Armor and Clothes List v2

Outfit Studio Bodyslide 2 CBBE Conversions

Also, a lot of these work fully with physics and bodyslide:

Bodyslide Outfits and Mods

Even if you don't use bodyslide, you may at least want the amulets off of here so they are no longer floating off your character.

In a lot of cases, you'll need to install the armours normally and then install the conversions.

So do just that.

1. Get the armours.

Its as simple as that. Find armours with TPPB support preferably and ones that have conversions for bodyslide available. Bodyslide isn't necessarily needed if you want to use the default CBBE preset though.

2. Get the conversions.

Either by a manual install and merging them with your bodyslide folder or through NMM from Nexus.

3. Convert!

Once they're both installed, go open up BodySlide. In the top dropdown box, you should be able to find the outfits in the list now. You can click on the specific outfits and then select a preset from the list and hit create bodies.

Note: User-created presets will not show up in the list by default and the only way to add your preset to the clothes will be through a batch build. Its easy to get the presets to appear in the list. I might edit this post later to explain how.

You can hit create batch build in the bottom left as well. When doing this, you'll want to uncheck all the body related options and only leave outfits selected. So uncheck things like the "CalienteVanilla" body etc. You'll also only want to install one type of each armour/ clothing. So say you see something on the list twice. One might be plain and the other might say TPPB in the title. Uncheck the plain one and leave the TPPB one - assuming you're using TPPB.

Make sure you only have the right outfits on the list and not body types otherwise you'll notice some issues in game.

That should pretty much do it.

Hi there,

everything worked perfectly according to your guide. I use the HDT body and not the torpedo boob fix, and the boobs look good (without the hdt body there are torpedo boobs). Then i installed my armor pack (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259/?) and now i have torpedo boobs with the armor and no torpedo boobs when nude. :dodgy:

So i used the batch function in bodyslide as suggested, the torpedo is gone but also the physics (bouncy). :( Do you guys have any suggestions? Thank you!