Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Unofficial] Hdt Physics Extension Tutorials - Under Construction

HDT HydrogensaysHDT Physics Havok 3DSMax Guide Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

nutluck

nutluck

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts

I have a question of curiosity, in the xml file I am using it has gravity set to 1.0 but if your guide you said it should be set to 9.8. Well that is a huge difference what exactly would this do if anything being off that much?

My final question is just what is the difference between say NPC L PreBreast and NPC L Breast?

Gravity is hardcoded into the plugin.

The XML gravity is how much does the force of gravity act on the object.

1.0 being full gravity.

Keep it at 1.0, as it dictates overall movement (not just downward movement as you would think)

Ok got it, RL distracted me for a bit. I still wonder what the stats in the NPC L PreBreast for example does. I got the gravity and NPC L Breast part figured out. Been playing with those just testing them to figure them out and I got them. What about the other one? Is that what controls the first over all movement? That is what I think it is but just wanting to confirm it.

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Ok got it, RL distracted me for a bit. I still wonder what the stats in the NPC L PreBreast for example does. I got the gravity and NPC L Breast part figured out. Been playing with those just testing them to figure them out and I got them. What about the other one? Is that what controls the first over all movement? That is what I think it is but just wanting to confirm it.

The Pre-breast is not supposed to be used for movement/collision purposes other than to act as an anchor point for the actual breast collision.

It is important to make sure this collision shape is set to virtual and is a KEYFRAME object. This will ensure that settings in the pre-breast box do not override or conflict with the actual breast stuff you define.

Commonly people have this placebo thing, where the pre-breasts are not set to virtual and they go change some values in Breast and test in-game their changes and think they see a difference when in reality there is none, because the pre-breast collision overrides the breast and screws up your values.

Edit: I didn't answer your question properly lol, The Pre-breast is an 'anchor point' or 'Parent' of the breasts. Basically it tells from where should physics values be constrained to and such. The distance between this pivot point and the breast pivot point is how many modes of freedom your physics can have.

nutluck

nutluck

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts

Ah ok, so then is there a way to change how much motion there is with the first movement? I figured out how to change how much after motion there is. But what if I wanted to change so there is less initial bounce in the first place, what if anything is there to change that? Or is that changing the mass that causes that? Which I am starting to think it is but I might be wrong.

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Changing your mass, inertial tensors and friction values will indeed change your first 'bounce' but it will also effect all other effects as well.

In essence if you just want the capacity to create a heavier exaggerated initial bounce, increase the constraint values to allow more freedom for the breast constraints. And increase mass a little bit too. The effects should be clear.

(Please note their is a limit to how heavy or exaggerated your bounces can be, as the other factors that weigh in is the acceleration of the movement, which is animation dependant. Instantaneous (choppy) switches will/can provide a heavier bounce. Where as more drawn out (fluid) animations will have less 'acceleration' and provide less jiggle.)

nutluck

nutluck

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts

Ok I think I got it. So if I wanted to decrease the first bounce some what I would do is decrease the numbers. So for example if the starting numbers are.

Mass 0.9

Inertia Tensor 3.54   0.00   0.00

0.00   3.54   0.00

0.00   0.00   3.54

I would change it to

Mass 0.8

and change the 3.54 number to say 4.

This would then decrease the first bounce yes?

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Yea, I forget which way the inertia tensors go for 'loosening' and for 'tightening' though

nutluck

nutluck

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts

Ok thanks, in that case I now have a firm grasp on how this works. Thanks again.

TBT

TBT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

What would I want to change if I wanted to affect the "area" of the breasts that are affected by something like the idle animation? Like when the hands drag up the side, if I wanted to make that collision area bigger so it dragged longer.

E: Haha, nevermind. Under L or R Breast go to hpkCapsuleShape and change Radius.

NeatLL

NeatLL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

How do I get HDT jiggle physics to work with a female NPC with a skin choice besides 'NONE'?

nutluck

nutluck

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts

Blabba i have been playing around with this some more and I have gotten a lot of it down, least well enough. I am curious on one thing which I have not been able to figure out. What effects the amount of the first bounce. I am assuming gravity and mass? but anything else?

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Blabba i have been playing around with this some more and I have gotten a lot of it down, least well enough. I am curious on one thing which I have not been able to figure out. What effects the amount of the first bounce. I am assuming gravity and mass? but anything else?

Define "amount of first bounce".

90% of the time when I hear people messing with the gravity factor (It's not actual Gravity! It's a multiple by which the havok world gravity is used in the calculations!). Or time factor, or mass. Their just messing around not understanding how physics in games are implemented.

All these variables are interdependant upon each other for ALL physics calculations. They affect all types of movements + Positional information from between frames via animation file.

Changing those values will in essence only do 2 types of changes. They will increase force/speed/magnitude of the effect. Or they will decrease

With the noteable exception of:

Restitution (This is what controls elasticity of the object)

Penetration Depth (Not shown by JFF, but maximum error percentage allowed for colliding RB's)

Damping (Only applicable if the object has some level of elasticity)

Now with programmed physics, you need to define your co-ordinate spaces and "constrain" the amount of movement by providing max's/min's.

This is done in JFF via the constraints tab.

I'd say that most of the time when people want to edit bounce, what they really want is to better define max/min amount of movement of breasts in X/Y/Z and their Max/Min Rotation on all 3 axis as well.

The rest of the time when people will want to edit bounce, like achieve more rotation in their bounce, or get the breasts to rotate while moving along a certain axis will require an animation edit to actually get that type of movement flawlessly.

There's like a 1% chance anybody has a legitimate reason to dick around with Gravity, Inertia Tensors, etc.. that they see on the main edit page of JFF for RB's.

nutluck

nutluck

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts

I have just been playing with stuff just to see what it does. I mean that is how I learn. :)

As for define amount of first bounce. From my understanding linear and angular effect how much/long you get bounce after the first bounce. That part I have down pretty well. But amount of first bounce. I mean for example how much the breasts move in the first place. Say your character jumps and the breasts move x amount and then slowly stop moving. The slowly stop moving which is controlled mostly by linear and angular.

What I am working on is what all factors into determining just how much the breasts move in the first place.

Hopefully that makes sense, not sure how to better explain it.

macion1

macion1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Awsome program :)

Hello I have been using this fantastic mod, I have question about linear limits. I have been playing with em but i dont exactly get all the axis what controlls what, i have been having weird limitations. Can you explain which linear limits do what ??

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

The XYZ directions pertain to the bone pivot direction in local view.

This is something that may differ depending on what skeleton you use. You'd have to look it up yourself.

nutluck

nutluck

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts

I am using the Xp32SME skeleton by Groovtama, I went and looked at the page and didn't see a mentioned of the xyz patterns unless I am being blind.

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts
Spoiler

The above are the same for the axis of rotation (Note: Look up axis of rotation on wiki if your confused.)

Edit: These directions are for XPMSE 2.2+ skeletons.

nutluck

nutluck

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts

Ok so I think I got that part I believe.

X - is left to right movement i think. (bit hard to tell by the image)

Y - Is front to back movement(or I have X and Y confused not positive by image)

Z - would influence up and down movement then.

Least I think I am right, btw thanks for explaining this.

macion1

macion1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

yeah got it

-X is left when looking through the eyes of the character +X is right

-Y is back +Y is front

-Z is down +Z up

thx for help, very helpfull program

macion1

macion1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

I present to you perfection My HDTphysics - http://www.filedropp...sionsdefaultbbp At my PC its PERFECT :

1. stomach slight jiggle - almost none

2. butt moves like it should like a firm jelly 

3. breast move and jiggle and are affected by gravity

my gift to you for giving me this fine tool my fine gentleman :)

I might add that my body mesh has breasts pointing forward so when affected by gravity they go little down, and in armor i have mesh with breasts slightly upwards lets say 30% and less wide so they look like firm placed in a cup.

Also using XPMSE 2.41 with skeleton_female.hkx - those who dont know what it is and use XPMSE they already have it :)

worldcompany

worldcompany

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I present to you perfection My HDTphysics - http://www.filedropp...sionsdefaultbbp At my PC its PERFECT :

1. stomach slight jiggle - almost none

2. butt moves like it should like a firm jelly 

3. breast move and jiggle and are affected by gravity

my gift to you for giving me this fine tool my fine gentleman :)

I might add that my body mesh has breasts pointing forward so when affected by gravity they go little down, and in armor i have mesh with breasts slightly upwards lets say 30% and less wide so they look like firm placed in a cup.

Also using XPMSE 2.41 with skeleton_female.hkx - those who dont know what it is and use XPMSE they already have it :)

your Hdt dont work for me :c

works all hdt from all guys but not urs

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HDT, HydrogensaysHDT, Physics, Havok, 3DSMax, Guide, Tutorial