different hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml associated with different meshes?

ppkkpp

Yes,

open the nif, and in the NiStringExtraData make it point to another custom xml file.

You should be aware though that opening multiple xml's that address the same bones in the same nif will cause catastrophic meltdowns (read as CTD's)

[Optional]

Open your DefaultBBP.xml in JFF or notepad and delete all data EXCEPT THE FILE HEADER!

This will make a 'shell' xml that applies nothing to the overall universal physics load system.

Or if your really an overachiever, download Hydrogen's source code and comment out the universal BBP physics load stuff and rebuild the dll.

wait, what? 

so if I have outfit a that points to DefaultBBP a, and I have outfit b that points to default DefaultBBP b, then I'm cool.  But if I make a mashup of a and b then I crash,  And if I combine accessory C which references DefaultBBP a, then I can only apply it with outfit a, whereas if I were to apply it with outfit b I would also crash. 

am I getting this?

wait, what? 

so if I have outfit a that points to DefaultBBP a, and I have outfit b that points to default DefaultBBP b, then I'm cool.  But if I make a mashup of a and b then I crash,  And if I combine accessory C which references DefaultBBP a, then I can only apply it with outfit a, whereas if I were to apply it with outfit b I would also crash. 

am I getting this?

Close.

Outfit A Pointing to BBPA.xml + Outfit B Pointing to BBPB.xml = :)

Outfit A pointing to BBPA.xml + Outfit A Pointing to BBPB.xml (And both xml's control breast bounce) = :(

Outfit A pointing to BBPA.xml + Accessory B Pointing to HDTC.xml (HDTC.xml in this case does not contain or control any bones that BBPA.xml touches) = :)

Accessory B Pointing to HDTC.xml = :)

Hopefully you get the idea and my hands can take a break from typing in the smiley equation chart I got going here :P

Made a fix to the smiley equation chart, the second line was fixed (previously had Outfit A and Outfit B, fixed to Outfit A twice to illustrate what happens when the same nif is linked to multiple xml's that control the same bones.)

To keep with the theme: B)

String name is importent always have it as "HDT Havok Path " (without the " ")

Data path should be "Data\SKSE\Plugins\*name of file*.xml" (without " ") - not entirely impotent to have it there but I find it neater/simpler.

it worked.  thanks

in this short clip, the body mesh was not changed at all, only the xml and the weight paint were changed  note the "displacement"

Archived