Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

First off great work on this! It's fun tweeking the descriptors.  And thank you Decauk for those lovely variations.

So here are my suggestions:

{ACTIVE_NAME} {Action} his {ACTIVE_NAME'S AROUSAL_LVL} {COCK} in my {MY_AROUSAL_LVL} {WEARTEAR} {PUSSY}

What would be nice is pulling arousal levels from the SexLab_Aroused mod to trigger a set of adjectives for each level. 

The second thing is the wear-tear descriptor is static based on level.  Could it not also pull from lists for each level?

And I'm not sure if it's a bug but is there no recovery on wear_tear?  I mean a simple heal spell and I'm completely

recovered from a slash with a battle axe, but a rough night with the Whiterun boys and I'm a battered wreck for a week?

Though based on the animation the descriptor for that one should have been:

"Whiterun Guard desperately slides his bent prick all over my cute ass, trying to hit the spot only to spray his spooge on Ysolda's new shoes as she walks by."

First off great work on this! It's fun tweeking the descriptors.  And thank you Decauk for those lovely variations.

{ACTIVE_NAME} {Action} his {ACTIVE_NAME'S AROUSAL_LVL} {COCK} in my {MY_AROUSAL_LVL} {WEARTEAR} {PUSSY}

What would be nice is pulling arousal levels from the SexLab_Aroused mod to trigger a set of adjectives for each level. 

The second thing is the wear-tear descriptor is static based on level.  Could it not also pull from lists for each level?

And I'm not sure if it's a bug but is there no recovery on wear_tear?  I mean a simple heal spell and I'm completely

recovered from a slash with a battle axe, but a rough night with the Whiterun boys and I'm a battered wreck for a week?

"Whiterun Guard desperately slides his bent prick all over my cute ass, trying to hit the spot only to spray his spooge on Ysolda's new shoes as she walks by."

See Grimbold, spoooooogggeee... I'm not the only one!

Oh, btw, if you haven't read all the spoilers in the OP, Arousal is up next. Coming to a theater near YOU

Oh, btw, if you haven't read all the spoilers in the OP, Arousal is up next. Coming to a theater near YOU

Yeay! That's going to be fun.  What about the recovery question?

Well for the PC, there is a process by which the W&T naturally repairs over time. I think it is too slow for people who force their characters through seriously sex though. Essentially it runs ever 12 in-game hours and reduces every W&T raw score (not the 0-9 you are familiar with) by 15. One normal consensual humanoid interaction increases W&T in the appropriate area by 20, iirc.

Also, I'm planning on implementing a great suggestion by one of the other users - a special Potion that can be applied to reduce W&T amounts, but with potential unexpected consequences.

And faced with such compelling evidence how could I be such a scrooge as to balk at spooge? Especially when it rhymes with 'huge'. Who knows, I might even be writing Apropos sonnets (at least haikus) before long!

Well since it ended up on her shoe ...eeeww! it seemed appropriate.

Which makes the point of grouping some adjectives/nouns/verbs based on consensual vs non-consensual acts.  Even then you have "exquisitely seductive" vs "wildly passionate" ...and now my mind wanders, what of the surroundings? Does he lay you in the tall lush lavender or press you against a stony parapet?

And faced with such compelling evidence how could I be such a scrooge as to balk at spooge? Especially when it rhymes with 'huge'. Who knows, I might even be writing Apropos sonnets (at least haikus) before long!

Well since it ended up on her shoe ...eeeww! it seemed appropriate.

Which makes the point of grouping some adjectives/nouns/verbs based on consensual vs non-consensual acts.  Even then you have "exquisitely seductive" vs "wildly passionate" ...and now my mind wanders, what of the surroundings? Does he lay you in the tall lush lavender or press you against a stony parapet?

I think you and Grimbold need to fork this mod and rename it be "Erotic Novel" or "50 Mods of Gray" or something like that. LOL! :) :)

Hi, first I wanted to say I've been waiting a long time for this plugin to come ! It's really well done and the descriptions are really ... naughty and hot :P Unfortunatly I'm playing a male character in a submissive way... I read that you (gooser) were planning to add some Male pc/ male npc descriptions to the mod an it's really cool ! But I was wondering if anybody could tell me a few steps to learn and adapt the descriptions made for a female character to a male one. I must say that I have no idea about how to do this...(it would probably don't even need rewriting the descriptions) But I would really like to use this mod the way I want. Hope it won't take too much time to show me a little "how to" adapt this great mod to my likings.  If it has been said/ask somewhere already... that means I missed it and I'm already apoligizing for this :P 

I am loving this mod more and more as I experiment with custom messages. I have just two suggestions for future updates. It is really just one suggestion, with two possible ways of implementing it.

IDEA ONE: NPC SPECIFIC MESSAGES

The default messages  are fine, but some NPCs--especially the player's spouse--deserve the privilege of special messages, just for (or about) them. Would it be possible to tag specific messages to specific NPCs? I am not suggesting a different message for every NPC in the game. Of course not. But I would love it if there were privileged messages for a spouse. Some named NPCs (Mjoll, Aela, housecarls) might also warrant special treatment, but spouse is top priority.

IDEA TWO: BED SPECIFIC MESSAGES

If it is impossible or prohibitively difficult to tag messages to specific NPCs, might it be possible to find a workaround by attaching different kinds of messages to different kinds of bed? There could be up to five levels:

1. Spousal bed (master bed in player's home(s))

2. Noble beds (for affairs with classy NPCs)

3. humble peasant beds (for recreation after a hard day's farming or mining)

4. institution beds (barracks, college, jorvaskr, guilds) that would require stealthy lovemaking (fucking is probably prohibited in the mages college)

5. bedrolls for outdoor adventuring

It would be a lot of work to differentiate between all five, but even two or three distinctions would add enormously to immersion.

Just an idea! I have a slight preference for Idea One, but Two would be good also.

I think we'll need gendered nouns, more specifically the difference between plural/mass nouns and non-plural/singular nouns.  This is because the majority of the {CUM} nouns are all mass plurals, which don't always work when replaced with singular nouns.

Say I have included "a massive load" in the list of synonyms for CUM.

Compare:

"{CUM} fills your {WEARTEAR_VAGINAL} {PUSSY}."

A massive load fills your tight pussy.

versus

Cum fills your tight womanhood.

All good!

Then compare:

"{ACTIVE_NAME} fills your {WEARTEAR_VAGINAL} {PUSSY} with {CUM}."

Jason Statham fills your tight berk with a massive load.

versus

Christian Bale fills your tight quim with cum.

Still good.

Then compare:

"His {CUM} pours into your mouth."

His a massive load pours into your mouth.

versus

His cum pours into your mouth.

Uh oh.  "His a massive load"?

-----

I suggest a new keyword, {LOAD}, which is a singular/possessive equivalent to {CUM}, which is a mass noun.  You could therefore use {LOAD} after possessive pronouns or possessive nouns.  You would then populate the LOAD list with the singular noun equivalents of CUM, and can also use all of the mass nouns from CUM just as easily.

Ideally, it would be even nicer if we could add our own keywords to the Synonyms file, so that the text parser could be made even smarter -- for instance:

"You feel {ACTIVE_NAME}'s {CUMADJ} {LOAD} {DISCHARGE} all over your {LABIA}."

Cumadj: "wet", "slimy", "slippery", "sticky", "thick"

Load: "massive load", "gooey spunk", "blast of sperm"

Discharge: "unload", "spill", "spray", "splatter"

Labia: "vulva", "pussy lips", "labia", "outer folds"

That one sentence would then have 5C1*3C1*4C1*4C1 = 240 possible variations!  Sensible keywords could be easily re-used all over the place.

Would be cool if you could add some alchemy ingredients to the game and a creatable or buyable potion that heals the body quicker. SOS added potions that specific monsters carried to increase schlong size, so why not add potions to the random loot table on say bandits. I'm pretty sure a bandit would probably carry a bottle every now and then to force a slave or themself to heal up and become tighter.

and you successfully did.

As i myself just discovered the might and magic of scenes and as i found out sexlab animations are not phase when you play a scene with actors currently involed in animations. With this i thought about "why not add some flavor dialog during the animation?" and as this mod already does something like that but just with notifications.

But now you say "scenes use dialog and those aren't dynamic" will you are wrong through the wonder of Text Replacement in dialog you can use the content of Global Variabels to generate your dialog, except those are numeric only damn (see here ). maybe one of you other can think of something.

It would be wonderful if there were messages for threesomes, especially now that we have Zynisch's double penetration animation. This is one area where it makes  good sense to have direct speech rather than narrative descriptions. Something like:

STAGE ONE: "Can you feel him in my {ASS}?' 'Uh huh' 'Can you feel him in my {PUSSY}?' 'Uh huh'"

Is there a way to keep the messages to stick longer at the screen when they come up? I've made some nice descriptions but often they would be gone for just a second before you even finish reading it. It would be nice to have it stay at the screen while the action is happening. 

Also if you have a mod like RND, its own messages will push Apropo's up. Pretty sure RND has that option to turn it off (haven't checked). But there might be a handful of mods out there that will pop its own message depending on the situation.

Here is another request: voyeuristic messages when sex occurs between two NPCs (not the player character). Since at least one of these is likely to be the player's  follower or spouse, such messages could add a new  element of immersion. Messages could comment on the acts alone or their effects on the viewing player character. The follower could be designated {ACTIVE_NAME} as in the messages we now have, while the other NPC might be designated {GUEST_NAME}. So typical messages might take one of these forms:

Consensual Oral. Stage One. ACTIVE NAME = female; GUEST NAME = male

1st person:  "I gaze in  stunned disbelief as {ACTIVE_NAME} starts to  fellate {GUEST_NAME}"

2nd person: "You can't believe your eyes. Is that [ACTIVE_NAME}? BLOWING {GUEST_NAME}? Dibella's clit! It is!"

3rd person: "{PRIMARY_NAME} feels jealous pangs as {ACTIVE_NAME} takes  {GUEST_NAME}'s {COCK} in her {MOUTH}"

Consensual Oral. Orgasm. ACTIVE NAME = female; GUEST NAME = male

1st person: "My pulse quickens at the sight of {GUEST_NAME}'s {CUM} blasting {ACTIVE_NAME)'s lovely face" 

One might change "pulse quickens" to "cock hardens" or "pussy moistens", but it would be easier to keep the player's sex unspecified.

The same basic format could be used for aggessive acts.

Aggressive Vaginal. ACTIVE NAME = female; GUEST NAME = male

3rd person: "{ACTIVE_NAME} stops fighting and starts fucking. She's now moaning for {GUEST_NAME}'s cock."

The sexes might of course be switched around for different combinations:

Consensual Anal. ACTIVE NAME = male; GUEST NAME = female

2nd person: "Your loins stir as  {ACTIVE NAME}'s {COCK} reams {GUEST_NAME}'s  {ASS}"

This last could work for straight or gay acts.

Updated db file.

Includes both rape and consensual for all file types. 3rd person (voyeur) messages for all types have something in there now as well.

Dragon and Vampire Lord have messages now, even though I have no idea how you would even go about having consensual sex with a dragon.

The post on the first page has been updated with the same file.

Apropos Custom.7z

I've been looking at JSON format and the whole line length thing. It appears there's no line break in JSON. You can fudge a newline character by escaping characters, but it doesn't appear to be consistent or reliable. like \r\n works on windows but python only needs \n and.... I have some reading to do.

When I use Decauk's file, the messages, while very imaginative, are so long that some of them get segmented into 3 lines. The last line may only have a few characters in it so the words are BIG while the previous 70-character lines are in a tiny font. I found myself popping to console so I could read the messages :)

Without having some kind of control over line breaks at LEAST (so you could have a consistently sized font), I think I'd prefer to stay with shorter messages. They aren't as interesting as Decauk's, but I can read them. :) What would be AWESOME is if you could get some control over how long the messages are displayed. Even BETTER would be to get access to a different part of the screen so the messages overlay in their own place.

What can I say, I get carried away!

I had started to prune the longer lines down to a manageable length, but then Gooser mentioned he was trying to adjust the actual lines themselves with a plugin, so I just waited to see if that would bear fruit.