Hey, so I adore some of the custom hairdos added by this mod, but I want to switch off the nude slaves showing up everywhere.

1. Is there an easy way to cut the hairdos out from the rest of the mod and just use those?
2. Can I disable the presence of slaves while keeping the mod's hairstyles?

I've already tried running it with only textures installed, and I don't see any working MCM options for it (just a set of "Groups" with checkboxes I can't actually click.)

Hey, so I adore the custom hairdos added by this mod, but I want to turn off the naked slaves appearing in the world.

Is there a way to disable the rest of the mod so I can just have the haircuts, or to cleanly cut them from the rest of the mod?

I'm not a modder, so I'm hesitant to download the SDK and start hacking away.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, santeras said:

Hey, so I adore the custom hairdos added by this mod, but I want to turn off the naked slaves appearing in the world.

Is there a way to disable the rest of the mod so I can just have the haircuts, or to cleanly cut them from the rest of the mod?

I'm not a modder, so I'm hesitant to download the SDK and start hacking away.

Thanks!

The hairstyles are assets. Without Hydragorgon's mod to introduce them into the game world and put them on the naked slaves, they have no purpose. You could simply delete all the slaves with xedit but what would you do with the hairstyles? You would have to write a mod to use those assets for your own desires.

Certain hairstyles were pickable for my character to wear in the RaceMenu (I've modded the RaceMenu to hell and back already.) So I wanted to keep my character's haircut, basically.

After a night of desperate amateur fiddling with the SDK, I think I finally understand:

The hair being used in this mod is actually a port of Lovely Hairstyles (and possibly other mods.) There are hair assets named for "Geralt" and "Saskia," and I believe I found a dead-ringer for one of the slave haircuts after installing LH.

This appears to be a pretty normal procedure for certain mods (see quote from an entirely unrelated mod-author) and I swear I saw something on one of the Hydra threads mentioning assets from hairstyles not showing up. So presumably the author added them to avoid dependency issues.

On 12/29/2019 at 4:00 AM, Fuzzy_Fox said:

YPS also comes with default hairstyles from KS hairdos and Apachii hair. 

However, I can't confirm the origin of all the haircuts included in the mod, so if someone could list them off or post a repackaging of the hairdos, that would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:  After a proper examination, yes, all of the hairstyles used in Hydra Slavegirls appear to be from Lovely Hairstyles.

13 hours ago, santeras said:

Certain hairstyles were pickable for my character to wear in the RaceMenu (I've modded the RaceMenu to hell and back already.) So I wanted to keep my character's haircut, basically.

If you already have access to the hairstyles through modding, just uncheck Hyragorgon's esp and you should still have your hairstyles without any of the slaves/extras.

23 hours ago, Ripstop said:

If you already have access to the hairstyles through modding, just uncheck Hyragorgon's esp and you should still have your hairstyles without any of the slaves/extras.

I was able to get the problem fixed by installing the pack Hydra copied the assets from, so this question is moot. But originally, turning off the ESP removed the hairstyles, because the only copy of the hairstyles present was in Hydragorgon's mod.

• 5 weeks later...

I really like this mod, but unfortunately, it seems that it is incompatible with Unique Everything (that mod that gives each race a different body), in the load savegame, enter doors or inside the cities it causes a lot of CTD, is it that there is some other new more recent mod similar to Unique?

8 hours ago, mcdyn said:

ly, it seems that it is incompatible with Unique Everything (that mod that gives each race a different body), in the load savegame, enter doors or inside the cities it causes a lot of CTD, is it that there is some other new more recent mod similar to Unique?

It seems odd that it is actually incompatible.   There are a lot of CTD reports with the mod.  I would try cleaning the mod and checking the order with all the mods affecting body types.  It seems to work well for me, even if I steal the slaves from the slave traders.

There seemed to be a lot of issues with Unique Everything so you are probably way ahead of me.  I was interested in your comment and the mod because of the problems between UNP and CBBE body types typically and when I use bodychange.  So if the gear is not loaded and in the load our first those body types would seem to crash immediately.  I would think that what Unique Everything has to do might take a lot of resources.  I would really like to be able to use the mod to increase the variance of custom armors it would open up.  Face texture issues keep me from using Unique Everything although there are easy fixes with the Creation Kit for that.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:03 PM, Ammo12ga said:

There seemed to be a lot of issues with Unique Everything so you are probably way ahead of me.  I was interested in your comment and the mod because of the problems between UNP and CBBE body types typically and when I use bodychange.  So if the gear is not loaded and in the load our first those body types would seem to crash immediately.  I would think that what Unique Everything has to do might take a lot of resources.  I would really like to be able to use the mod to increase the variance of custom armors it would open up.  Face texture issues keep me from using Unique Everything although there are easy fixes with the Creation Kit for that.

I'm very passionate about it, variation of npc and bodies as much as possible in skyrim and in any game, cbbe, unp, 7b, cosio, uunp etc, i change everything

sorry for this perversion??
 this is the list of mods, so far 98 installed, the strange thing is that only this mod (slavegirls hydragorgon) causes CTD with UEv, I've used many different ones in several gameplays and it didn't give any problems, now im playing Slaverun reloaded

I wanted more immersiveness with this mod to give more sensation that the city of whiterun is changing with more slaves walking on the streets

I'll try changing to Unique Bodies, the problem is that it seems you need to use UBBR textures from the modder, so I don't know if you can customize changing each race to UUNP or CBBE variations that I mentioned above

ps: I already had problems with dark face, but only in different races in vampires, I fixed it using another mod Hot vampires2

5454.jpg

10 hours ago, mcdyn said:

Unique bodies as described in the text read me and customization looks like it would work for you with some effort:  you can change the textures to your own liking to make them different.  It discusses physics and says: Using Bodyslide given that you have the desired Bodyslide data.

This would be a stretch for me.  I had added Unique Everything to my list of things to do.  It would be really neat and allow me more choices.  Based on your experience I am thinking of going straight to Unique Bodies with a lower mod count data file than my normal game.  My current game is right at 210 mods down from 250 at one point.  It gets so hard to reduce them and yet my character life is reduced by my current game set.  I think what Unique body describes can be made to work.  The body slide part bothers me because sometimes I have troubles getting the right groups found, and a lot of trouble getting conversions to work.   I am going to check back to see how you progress and if someone a lot smarter with me can help.  Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I want to make some enhancements to this mod so it has more interactivity.

What is the rights situation?

I know people have patched it in the past. I can take that path if that's the only way.

Can I simply "continue" it as a fork instead?

That would be more convenient for players.

On 2/27/2020 at 12:30 AM, TnTTnT said:

How about making a "Redux" version? 

What does that mean?

The question here is whether the rights provisions mean I can build on the existing mod, or whether I can only patch it?

What I call the work is irrelevant; it would still amount to the same changes.

The difference is that:

• In one case, players have to install the original, then my patch, and possibly merge them if they want to save the ESP slot.
  • In the other, players just install my mod and it has all of the old mod in it, so far as that is required.

Maintaining a patch is ultimately more trouble. To make dialog easy to update I'd have to copy all the dialog to a new quest and disable the old one. Possibly similar issues with anything else that has to be deleted. There would be other friction in keeping it as a patch, for sure.

Hydra hasn't been seen in a long time (2018), and as far as I can see, left no information on rights or permissions at all.

I was hoping maybe I'd missed something that others knew about. Seems not.

That last time Hydra made a meaningful comment about the mod was was back in 2016.

At that time he still seemed to be trying to develop it, and showed no signs of wanting to give it up, open it up, or release control of it.

It's been four years since then, with just one remark since (2017), which didn't even mention the mod.

He last logged on in 2018, and posted ... nothing.

I have no alternative but to assume that he still wants to work on it, because there is no information to contradict that - certainly not from him.

I guess that explains why nobody has done anything with it apart from some urgent bug patches and Monoman's MCM removal.

If I have to put effort in, I'd rather not build on quicksand, so my feeling right now is that any continuation of this mod is probably a mistake.

A pity, as there's a ton of content there, all ready to be moved forward.

I could still go down the patch path, but on consideration, I don't think I want to deal with the friction.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

What does that mean?

The question here is whether the rights provisions mean I can build on the existing mod, or whether I can only patch it?

The difference is that:

• In one case, players have to install the original, then my patch, and possibly merge them if they want to save the ESP slot.
  • In the other, players just install my mod and it has all of the old mod in it, so far as that is required.

Maintaining a patch is ultimately more trouble. To make dialog easy to update I'd have to copy all the dialog to a new quest and disable the old one. Possibly similar issues with anything else that has to be deleted. There would be other friction in keeping it as a patch, for sure.

Hydra hasn't been seen in a long time (2018), and as far as I can see, left no information on rights or permissions at all.

That last time Hydra made a meaningful comment about the mod was was back in 2016.

At that time he still seemed to be trying to develop it, and showed no signs of wanting to give it up, open it up, or release control of it.

It's been four years since then, with just one remark since (2017), which didn't even mention the mod.

I have no alternative but to assume that he still wants to work on it, because there is no information to contradict that - certainly not from him.

I guess that explains why nobody has done anything with it apart from some urgent bug patches and Monoman's MCM removal.

If I have to put effort in, I'd rather not build on quicksand, so my feeling right now is that any continuation of this mod is probably a mistake.

I could still go down the patch path, but on consideration, I don't think I want to deal with the friction.

Better safe than sorry

On 2/29/2020 at 4:12 AM, Lupine00 said:

What does that mean?

The difference is that:

Damn, it's really underrated mod, It's just designed to made player forced to follow these slavers around town for while with some small encounters like equip/remove devices. 

Anyway had an idea basically when player have bounty, slaver guard(the one that leads slavers in every city) will forcegreet player lock some stuff on him and force player to follow him, during that time player wont be able to speak to the slaver and after sometime(could be adjustable in mcm) player could as for release. Something like walk of shame. 

As much i know how to equip devices through dialogue, i suck in forcegreeting and don't know how to make slaver "busy" for some time so player wont be able to speak to him. 

9 minutes ago, Soulbringer1 said:

I Found a Bad Bug...   Blue Castle Mystic Healer When she opens trade menu, if you go to Books Section Get Instant CTD.  I dont know if it happens with other Trade menu Sections. I Will Test it and let you know. :)

Yep, It is only the Books Section. Even on The Show All Section of trade menu, if you get close to a recipe, Instant ctd.   I was able to trade everything else though. It is Just Recipes.

14 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Would the site admins know anything?

There are probably people who would delight in making a song and dance of it. There always are.

Can I even say they are wrong?

I might argue that Hydra could have been more generous to the community by opening up the mod when it became clear he wasn't planning to develop it further.

It's unclear to me what rights are implicitly lost or retained by posting on LL. It may not even be clear to the admins.

If there is no implicit agreement, Hydra retains full rights to his work. That would be the default, as he never said anything about the topic.

Maybe that's not the case?

However, it just isn't worth making a fuss over.

He didn't make any provision for his disappearance, and thus his mod cannot progress further.

Other work has been "lost" in this way too.

For example, DCL has exclusive rights to some gag and collar models from ancient times, simply because the author blithely said, "sure, use them." But nobody ever asked if there were permissive rights to those models before the author left, and now nobody else can ever ask to use those models - despite the fact that the author gave the impression they wanted them used as widely as possible, they never stated it explicitly. And thus DCL is the only mod that has them. A pity, as I like them a lot.

Sadly, you are probably correct but maybe it could be argued that if an author didn't want their work touched then they should have taken it down when they walked away from LL.

It may also help if the site had an explicit policy and any author who wanted to post their work here would have to agree to said policy. This could also be applied to 'dead' mods by PM-ing and emailing the author and giving them a month to respond. If no response then the mod becomes public domain but with all due acknowledgements etc.

•  

16 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

It may also help if the site had an explicit policy and any author who wanted to post their work here would have to agree to said policy.

It certainly would. Maybe there is -some- kind of policy, but I never saw one, so I'm guessing not.

It's really a tricky situation. If I work on it, and then there are complaints... Sure, I can just take it down again, but then it's a bunch of wasted time.

Right now, I'm waiting for people to OK my uploading my Things in the Dark updates, and those authors are both still active.

I guess what I mean, is if I had nothing else on my plate, I might be prepared to risk it, but as it is, I have so many things to do that I'm just not that hung up on doing it.

Similarly, I asked for permission to put the Dwarven Cyborg model in DF with some different mechanics. Never got a reply. Don't really feel a pressing need to chase that up because there is always something else I can do if I am in a mood to mod something. Recently it was Things in the Dark?

Maybe the TitD work will never get a release as a 'mod', but in that case I'll make a patch of it. I just need to diff all those scripts ... if that happens, the main thing will be that I don't do any further work on it. I'm not going to mess about maintaining a patch all the time, it's too fiddly. If it does get posted 'as a mod', it will still need the assets from the original mod, though I did actually change some of my assets, I'm not going to put those changes up. And if I post it that way, I will be able to add more updates/fixes easily.

If people don't want their stuff used, that's their choice. They made it and they're entitled to that.

I don't see why Delzaron would want TitD to rot, mostly unplayable, but then, I never understood why Whiterun Brothel Revamp was taken down. Not everyone sees these things the same way. I know Delzaron harbors an intent to redo TitD from scratch, but that would do nothing at all to make the original mod playable. He's redoing Forsworn Story right now, and ... it's an interesting topic I guess ... I would like a mod that let me carry on from Nobody Escapes Cidhna Mine on the side of the Forsworn, but I don't think that's what he's making.

Ah, I fear I've drifted rather far off topic.