View File

My first Outfit Studio conversion; hooray!

And by 'hooray', I really mean "Oh boy! I just can't wait to spend hours in front of the subtle glow of my monitor tweaking and fixing and pulling at my hair as things go horrendously wrong."

As suggested in the title, this is a Bodyslide conversion of singlebelong's excellent Witch of the Wild set. With TBBP weighting! Sort of.

Included are the Light/Robe/Heavy Bodyslide files, as well as files for the boots. The gloves, it seems, do not want to play nice - and so I'll be playing with those in the days to come. The mudflap on the Light and Robe versions also does funny things in some poses - I think I may need to do the TBBP weighting manually on that particular piece. If anyone can confirm or deny this, that would be a fantastic bit of help.

Light/Robe:

uSTCoQU.jpg

Heavy:

2p5QbPx.jpg

These are just the Bodyslide files. You'll need to nab the actual mod from the Nexus, first! This should support most of the sliders all the way up to 100% for the time being. If it doesn't, please report back with a screenshot!

To-do:

• Fix the twisting mudflap, if possible.
  • Create a bodyslide set for the gloves.
  • Adjust the runes to fit closer against the body.
  • Increase the range of supported sliders up to 200-300%.
  • Do more conversions!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/06/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38164/?
  • Special Edition Compatible

O.o dam your char's face looks sexy...

probably up there with shocky's (in my opinion)

As for your 'mudflap' issues... if your talking about the front panel that clips the thighs that's not a TBBP issue, you'll probably want to alter the thigh, pelvis and torso2 or whatever it was called to get rid that.

if you weren't talking aboutthe front flap then disregard me and instead be congratulated for making a really awesome looking conversion!

As for your 'mudflap' issues... if your talking about the front panel that clips the thighs that's not a TBBP issue, you'll probably want to alter the thigh, pelvis and torso2 or whatever it was called to get rid that.

if you weren't talking aboutthe front flap then disregard me and instead be congratulated for making a really awesome looking conversion!

The front panel was exactly what I was talking about; so I'll try editing those in Outfit Studio. Oddly, it looked fine both in OS and in Bodyslide itself; but once I got into game with it it got all twisted; likely due to the idle I use.

And thanks! I'm really happy with that face. It's probably my favorite part of that character. :3 Though certain other parts are also nice thanks to your HDT files~

The front panel was exactly what I was talking about; so I'll try editing those in Outfit Studio. Oddly, it looked fine both in OS and in Bodyslide itself; but once I got into game with it it got all twisted; likely due to the idle I use.

And thanks! I'm really happy with that face. It's probably my favorite part of that character. :3 Though certain other parts are also nice thanks to your HDT files~

I haven't downloaded the file to check, but judging from the images, it looks like a skin paint-weighting issue. Check how the bones are bound in that area. If possible, I would try and bind the area with Skyrim's skirt bones since those should have pre-made animations to them (for crouching and stuff--not sure about custom animations in comparison to the vanilla ones though).

I haven't downloaded the file to check, but judging from the images, it looks like a skin paint-weighting issue. Check how the bones are bound in that area. If possible, I would try and bind the area with Skyrim's skirt bones since those should have pre-made animations to them (for crouching and stuff--not sure about custom animations in comparison to the vanilla ones though).

That sounds like a good place to start. The back of the skirt does funny things sometimes, as well - though I've noticed the Heavy version doesn't have this problem. Is there a guide somewhere on how I might go about binding to bones? I'm guessing that's a task for Nifskope or Blender.

That sounds like a good place to start. The back of the skirt does funny things sometimes, as well - though I've noticed the Heavy version doesn't have this problem. Is there a guide somewhere on how I might go about binding to bones? I'm guessing that's a task for Nifskope or Blender.

Bodyslide 2 should have a weight painting tool, but I'm not sure if all the bones load up (you might need to replace the resource skeleton with the one you want it to be 100% compatible for). Else, you can use Blender or 3ds Max to edit weights. It might be possible to edit weights in NifSkope, but it might take a million years since everything on that is a per-vertex basis, like a spreadsheet.

Otherwise, there is a skinning tool here as well, but I haven't used it to know how it functions exactly (I'm more educated in 3ds Max and Maya when it comes to rigging and animation), though it may be very useful for you. You can find it here.

Since this is a Bodyslide resource, the good thing is you need to only weight one mesh (your master meshes), and Bodyslide will make the two .nif files for the character (body)weight variants. If you were to do it manually, you will be required to skin weight one set of meshes and copy the weights onto the other (with NifSkope) to ensure that you don't have flying vertices in-game between body weights (bleh, using the "weight" word too often, hopefully it makes sense in context).

O.o

To add to jacques excellent suggestion of using skirt bones, on the bones tab in OS you can right click to 'add a new bone' and navigate through until you find the appropriate skirt bones.

The default XPMS also has these 'china dress' bones which were pretty much designed for these sort of 'mudflaps'...

So you could try adjusting the weights to use those as well instead of skirt bones, there might also be a slight possibility to take the xml from the china dress and use it on this outfit to make it HDT compliant! Actually now that I think about it, you could just easily load up the HDT china dress and copy the weights from the 'mudflap' of that dress onto the one you have in this awesome outfit and attach the china dress xml to this outfit and see if you get an HDT dress working :)

But I digress from my overeagerness :lol:

O.o

To add to jacques excellent suggestion of using skirt bones, on the bones tab in OS you can right click to 'add a new bone' and navigate through until you find the appropriate skirt bones.

The default XPMS also has these 'china dress' bones which were pretty much designed for these sort of 'mudflaps'...

So you could try adjusting the weights to use those as well instead of skirt bones, there might also be a slight possibility to take the xml from the china dress and use it on this outfit to make it HDT compliant! Actually now that I think about it, you could just easily load up the HDT china dress and copy the weights from the 'mudflap' of that dress onto the one you have in this awesome outfit and attach the china dress xml to this outfit and see if you get an HDT dress working :)

But I digress from my overeagerness :lol:

That's genius. :o

I'm looking at the NPR China Dress in Outfit Studio right now; but it doesn't recognize the added bones as being part of the XPMS skeleton I have. I think if you used a skeleton built for the China Dress, it would be entirely possible. I'm going to work with this a bit more after backing up my existing skeletons to see if I can't add it as an optional download.

hmm,

I actually need to take a deeper look at how the China dress nif was made to provide some better help. Unfortunately I can't find a download of it anywhere :(

Here's the original mod.

And here's the HDT Demo version.

THey were in an archived HDT thread here on LL - I'm playing around with that Mesh Rigger program Jacques linked; I think this just might do the job without having to totally redo the conversion. *crosses fingers*

sounds good!

indeed mesh rigger should copy the weights more accurately.

My only concern is the packaging of the skeleton within the outfits nif file itself. The few hdt outfits I've seen have another NiNode with the whole skeleton packed inside the main Ninode. dunno if that's needed here...

Maybe I am just over thinking it and all you need to do is copy the weights and attach the xml file. (*hopes your tests are successful*)

If not I'll take a deeper look at this tomorrow when I wake up :sleepy:

Edit: Update! I'm almost ready for a new release. Through about six hours of fussing, I've made a lot of improvements to the mesh. The skirt no longer twists, the runes fit with the body (turns out I forgot to weight them for TBBP. Oops!), and the edits as a whole are much more clean.

The snag right now is that there's a bit of clipping between the legs and both sides of the skirt when moving; and I'm almost positive that wasn't there before. I've spent a good bit of time adjusting weights and the mesh itself in an attempt to fix this, but so far nothing seems to be having any effect on it. It's the same amount of clipping in the same places each time. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be most grateful!

The tattoos actually come with the Light/Robe version of the armor. They're built in, though the mod has an option to disable them. There's also a wearable item that gives you the same tattoo with any armor. As far as finding the set in Bodyslide, type "WotW" in the search bar.

In other news,

I've finally gotten a mockup of HDT cloth physics for loincloths somewhat working ;)

When that's done I'll let ya know and hopefully get some sort of good weight system going for these sorta things to copy from and utilize the new physics (hopefully anyway)

Is it possible to conform the extra tattoo that comes with the original mod? I cant seem to find a separate tattoo file for the item version of it.

Oops; I completely forgot about the stand-alone tattoo! It's been added to the 1.6 version, which is available now. :)

Is it possible to conform the extra tattoo that comes with the original mod? I cant seem to find a separate tattoo file for the item version of it.

Oops; I completely forgot about the stand-alone tattoo! It's been added to the 1.6 version, which is available now. :)

Oh wow thank you again! I had thought it would have been to much extra work so was going to fiddle around with it myself. The tattoo really goes well with a lot of outfits out there.