Blackjack or Strip Blackjack

One thing I been wanting to see for a while is a mod that adds some bar games, making the tavern a more interesting place and adding a bit of roleplaying to it.

So I was thinking, would it be possible to implement a game of blackjack? The way I see it goes like this, we have a dealer with a table, you start by taking a seat. From there the game could be played through dialogue, we could have a card animation to make it more inmersive. The dealer would say the number you have and through dialogue you would have the standard options, hit, double down, etc.

Now the interesting part would be adding bets. The player could bet gold, the shiny armor they are wearing (taking off one piece each time they lose) or perhaps even sexlab implementation. So anyway what do you guys think?

I think blackjack would not fit into the world of Skyrim, but maybe a more medieval like game? But I think the idea is good.

I propose Strip-Jousting.

Yes, inside the tavern

I think blackjack would not fit into the world of Skyrim, but maybe a more medieval like game? But I think the idea is good.

from here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_card

Playing cards were invented in Imperial China.[2][3][4] They were found in China as early as the 9th century during the Tang Dynasty (618–907).[5][6][7] The first reference to card games dates from the 9th century, when the Collection of Miscellanea at Duyang, written by Tang Dynasty writer Su E, described Princess Tongchang, daughter of Emperor Yizong of Tang, playing the "leaf game" in 868 with members of the Wei clan, the family of the princess' husband

Playing cards first entered Europe in the early 14th century, probably from Mamluk Egypt, with suits (sets of cards with matching designs) very similar to the tarot suits of Swords, Staves, Cups and Coins (also known as disks or pentacles), and which are still used in traditional Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese decks.[10] The first documentary evidence is a document written in Vitoria-Gasteiz (now Spain) in 1334, in which the Knights of the Band are categorically prohibited from playing cards.[

/shrug

Yes, inside the tavern

woh, this thread got awesome real fast

Yes, inside the tavern

I can hear it now:   Hey, be careful with that lance of yours!  :P

Just read the Threadname, AWESOME idea!!

Why isnt this in the game yet :( bah the amount of potencially is amazing, just think about the worth of Gold now Oo

Well, lets play against a Deadra and loose... oO *ideasideasideas* 

Fair point, but as someone already pointed out, card games did exist back then. In any case, we also have to take into account that Skyrim and Elder Scrolls are not our own world, they are not historical recreations of our time and even in the lore there are things that don't fit with the things from out history. An example, air ships.

Maybe this one is a good start:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17711

Now you need to add the possibility to use clothing (and maybe sexlab-related actions additionally) as a bet :)

Is there a script that we can use to remove clothing pieces at a time? If so this could very well be a good base for what we want!

Yes, inside the tavern

I am down with that ;D!

Any kind of strip betting game would be great :).

Imho a game where you can bluff would be even better, so rather a poker-like game. And cheating should be possible too. Could also lead to nice sudden barbrawls if you accuse your opponent of cheating or get accused :D.

Yes, inside the tavern

I am down with that ;D!

Hey now with FNIS paired & creature animation support, you could probably now make animations for jousting. and make it line up nicely.

To take inspiration from Mabinogi's jousting system. It would be a "rock, paper, scissors" type of play.

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Jousting

Any kind of strip betting game would be great :).

Imho a game where you can bluff would be even better, so rather a poker-like game. And cheating should be possible too. Could also lead to nice sudden barbrawls if you accuse your opponent of cheating or get accused :D.

Sounds like a great idea, if you get caught cheating, you have to either brawl or compensate with sex.

Yes, inside the tavern

I am down with that ;D!

Hey now with FNIS paired & creature animation support, you could probably now make animations for jousting. and make it line up nicely.

To take inspiration from Mabinogi's jousting system. It would be a "rock, paper, scissors" type of play.

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Jousting

But that would also require some way to prevent npcs from getting in the way, right? Also come to think of it, judging by that pic, it would be pretty cool if we could make some sort of tavern with a jousting arena. 

Losing all your money could lead to enslavement to pay off your debts :P

I was thinking this exact same thing....and why stop at just armor and gold....why not also include your house/homes....(or if you welch on a debt to a bookie, perhaps you may encounter them in your house....where they have decided to set up shop, and enslave you...put you on display to make an example of you - or part of the entertainment...ala a skyrim'ish version of Jabba's palace) and why not have it lead to human trafficking. Where it could be possible that your player gets traded or won (on a bet)....or even your follower...

Of course the more gambling gets out of control in skyrim (or perhaps the trafficking/trading of people gets a bad reputation) the more it has to go to the seedy underground of skyrim...namely skooma dens (acting as "speak easys" if you will) or perhaps even vampire dens (The house always gets its cut...pun intended -think Dusk till Dawn for further motivation)

One could even make plug'ins for things like SD and Angrim's, and so on. Lotta potential here imo.

Would love to see some strip/sex archery challenges held by the hunters roaming the wild.

People are coming up with some pretty nice ideas in this thread. I really like that this community has a lot of creative people! Kudos to you, guys!

Don't some mods already have things like dice games, or rock-paper-scissors? Using that, could find a way to add a stripping mechanic to it...

Kind of a shame we don't have all the old armor slots of Morrowind though. There'd be more to slowly strip off, piece by piece, if we did!

Don't some mods already have things like dice games, or rock-paper-scissors? Using that, could find a way to add a stripping mechanic to it...

Kind of a shame we don't have all the old armor slots of Morrowind though. There'd be more to slowly strip off, piece by piece, if we did!

The game have more armor slot than 4. My character recenlty wear atleast 10 armor piece.

The game have more armor slot than 4. My character recenlty wear atleast 10 armor piece.

Yep! We could set it up so that it uses all the slots and you have to take off jewelry, panties, etc. 

That said, could it be set to take things in an specific order?