Armor/clothing destruction with HDT? [Idea]

Thelargir

Hey. I've been trying out some of these HDT mods, and I just had an idea that I would really like to see, if its possible at all.

I assume that, as time progresses, there will be some mods that enable HDT for clothing or armor. Is it possible that, if HDT could be enabled for weapons also, you could make it so that the collision between weapon and armor/clothing, actually damages or destroys said armor? That would be SO awesome. 

Especially since there is no "durability"-system for skyrim. 

Just throwing this out there :D

I believe there is a 'break' undies mod hosted here on LL somewhere that replicates this durability effect by swapping out the armor meshes with a more broken looking mesh for several stages.

though this would be a neat effect for HDT as well

You can break hinges although I'm not sure if that would work in the game. I guess you could try to use the fixed constraint-it stays in place until a certain amount of force is used on it then it comes apart, but I doubt that would work because a ton of that stuff isn't in Skyrim. Bethesda likely has a separate plugin or something for destruction because none of the games have listed it in havok behavior graphs/projects.

Yeah, I know about the "break undies"-mod. Great potential, but it doesent seem to be quite finished yet.....

I dont know anything really about how HDT actually works, so if this is too optimistic, I wouldnt know. But theres always some genius around who manages to achieve the impossible, so who knows? :D

Yeah, I know about the "break undies"-mod. Great potential, but it doesent seem to be quite finished yet.....

I dont know anything really about how HDT actually works, so if this is too optimistic, I wouldnt know. But theres always some genius around who manages to achieve the impossible, so who knows? :D

I agree, there are some very good programmers and very creative developers around here ! 

LL <3

Archived