HDT Werewolves

The new Werewolf Essentials just came out today.

It can be found here.

Essentially bringing in most all of the functionality of the original moonlight tales without as many broken scripts. A potential look into modding it for hdt werewolves would be great :D.

According to the author he uses SKSE commands:

SetModelPath - ArmorAddon
SetNthTexturePath - TextureSet

Now instead of having to manually add every fur option and variation. Making the new skin selection system as easy as "adding the skins and I'm done! The system takes care of the rest." I'm not sure if that would make it easier to add hdt models, it makes it sound like you can actually add them without them being replacers for the original models but as actual addons to the mod. I'm not 100% sure about what I'm talking about and could be entirely wrong :/

Though this does make it sound like modding it should be much smoother. I'd do it myself but about all I know about modding myself is altering .nif files and textures. I know next to nothing about SKSE code or anything of the like.

Working on a repack myself just by replacing the corresponding .nif files and textures with the new moonlight tales - essentials. Using Foxia's hdt tales repack's textures and meshes, it might be a dissaster... or it might work, I'll report back later once I've finished and tested it.

That's a pretty epic fail you've got there, nekonoll. It might be possible to do a repack, but my edit had to go into the esp to assign textures (I have some ideas on how to avoid that).

I'm debating on whether to do an edit myself, and if so, to make it a new esp with the Moonlight Tales as a master, since I think that would allow it to remain compatible with any updates.

MTe2 and SoS\SAM compatible werewolf replacer file without esp.

Following is replaced

femalewerewolf.nif with 6 titted female werewolf (2tits and 6tits nifs each in an extra folder if someone wants to, you need to move the files manually)

Lycana with 2 tits Female Werewolf

MB Female with 6 tits Female Werewolf

MBH Female with 6 tits Female Werewolf with Howling head

no esp needed, edited 6 tits werewolf done by jacques00, I just edited the the nifs to work with MTe2.

No HDT PE file path added in the nifs, because I use HDT SMP for it, if you wanna use HDT PE you need to add the path to the old xml yourself. Also No HDT werewolf textures included and replaced. simply the meshes.

【Werewolf】【MT】Moonlight Tales - Werewolf Essentials - HDTWW.7z

No HDT PE file path added in the nifs, because I use HDT SMP for it, if you wanna use HDT PE you need to add the path to the old xml yourself. Also No HDT werewolf textures included and replaced. simply the meshes.

Thanks for that.

For anyone interested, I just added a variant of this with the HDTPE paths and .xml files to the first post. Instructions are the same as Groovtama's outline with the options and everything should be there.

The new skin system in Essentials means NPCs use your skin settings unless you also install Automatic variants.

More precisely, Any NPC that uses the Vanilla NakedTorsoWerewolfBeast uses your settings, so werewolves added by Skyrim Immersive Creatures do not change, for example.

The repack works beautifully. The fact that the new skin swap system makes all werewolves identical sucks though.

What?

Think he's meaning the npcs share the skins.

The new skin system in Essentials means NPCs use your skin settings unless you also install Automatic variants.

More precisely, Any NPC that uses the Vanilla NakedTorsoWerewolfBeast uses your settings, so werewolves added by Skyrim Immersive Creatures do not change, for example.

Yeah to get that fxed you have to ask the author to do it, because he has to edit the MCM menu for that^^

I wasn't blaming you, or asking you to fix it, I was just making note of it. Given the description of how the new system works, I was under the impression that it's impossible to fix, at least when coupled with his desire to alter the minimum vanilla assets.

He does mention "unfortunately" in his description about it altering the minimum vanilla assets (the base models), so it makes me think that he at least DOES want to (maybe in the future) fix it to work like the old system. It is sad having all werewolves look the same. Though, I myself, can't bring myself to use the old system much anyways due to tons of extra script clutter, and far less werewolf customization, the skin, teeth, eye customization is incredible :/.

Oh and btw, thanks Groovtama and Jacques00 for getting this to work with MT - Essentials.

You'd have to make it so that the player used a unique skin, then change that. I "solved" the problem by creating an esp which gives all the NPC Werewolves a different custom skin. There are probably a couple of other ways to do it, but that's the one I used. The big advantage of Essentials is that it does not touch the vanilla Werewolf Change script, so things like Extra Werewolf Perks, which does, can work without a compatibility patch.

Hmm, the physics on the female werewolf seem to be extremely stretchy... it's hard to describe. They remain in a fixed place but just.. stretch. Everything is the latest:

HDT Physics Extension    (14.28)

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended   (2.75)

Moonlight Tales - Werewolf and Werebear Essentials    (2.05)

【Werewolf】【MT】Moonlight Tales - Werewolf Essentials - HDTWW (with HDT PE pathing)

Any ideas?

Edit: Running "setnpcweight 0" kinda crushes the breasts; the idle breathing animation produces an accordion-like effect... the breasts stretch to the animation but stay in a fix position relative to the NPC.

Edit 2: Completely removing all traces of the HDT files (the whole skse\plugins\HDTPhysicsExtensions\Werewolf folder) make absolutely no difference.. I still get these odd physics.

Edit 3: Took every single mod out of the data directory (from MO) except SkyUI, the mods above and FNIS. Still a no-go.

Fixed: Facepalm of the year reward goes to me... Rather than deleting this post though, I'll leave it up in the off-chance that someone else experiences this.

Moonlight Tales supplies their own skeleton which will overwrite XPMSE, moving it AFTER Moonlight Tales fixed the problem.

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but since installing Moonlight Tales Essentials my werewolves wind up being an odd jumble where the mesh isn't seemingly being applied to the actor nor is the howl sound playing when transforming. Werewolves summoned from Hentai Werewolves seem fine when I tested with them so I can't seem to figure out why it what I did wrong exactly. Installation method was manual.

Edit: Wonder if the issue is with the Beast Form if you use it through MCM menu.

Edit 2: Wonder if I somehow broke my PlayerWerewolfchange.pex script.

Edit 3: Screenshot included. Downgraded back to Sexlab 1.59c to see if that was the case and it wasn't.

post-24202-0-07378300-1433605802_thumb.png

Every time I transform, my character is in the buxom form than it changes to a scrawny were wolf with 2 small boobs.

I think its sexlab werewolves thats doing it.

*Never mind. I moved hdt werewolves to the bottom of my load order and turned off werewolves in my list of creatures used during SL animations.(from the mod creature features I believe)*

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, the physics on the female werewolf seem to be extremely stretchy... it's hard to describe. They remain in a fixed place but just.. stretch. Everything is the latest:

HDT Physics Extension    (14.28)

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended   (2.75)

Moonlight Tales - Werewolf and Werebear Essentials    (2.05)

【Werewolf】【MT】Moonlight Tales - Werewolf Essentials - HDTWW (with HDT PE pathing)

Any ideas?

Edit: Running "setnpcweight 0" kinda crushes the breasts; the idle breathing animation produces an accordion-like effect... the breasts stretch to the animation but stay in a fix position relative to the NPC.

Edit 2: Completely removing all traces of the HDT files (the whole skse\plugins\HDTPhysicsExtensions\Werewolf folder) make absolutely no difference.. I still get these odd physics.

Edit 3: Took every single mod out of the data directory (from MO) except SkyUI, the mods above and FNIS. Still a no-go.

Fixed: Facepalm of the year reward goes to me... Rather than deleting this post though, I'll leave it up in the off-chance that someone else experiences this.

Moonlight Tales supplies their own skeleton which will overwrite XPMSE, moving it AFTER Moonlight Tales fixed the problem.

yeah im having the same issue with mine as well, im not sure what the load order is for these and i think that is whats causing these wonky physics. i installed the hdt moonlight tales stuff through the mod manager but i dont see but one moon light tales in the plugin section, what did i miss?