Empire Coat - a HDT Test

View File

Description:

This mod serves as a proof of concept / test about how to emulate cloth physics using the amazing HDTPhysics Extension plugin.

The dress is based on Camilla Welton's Empire Coat design.

Craft it at any Tanning Rack.

REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACK UP OF YOUR SAVEGAME, I WONT TAKE RESPONSABILITY OF ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER/CHARACTER

===============================================================================================

FIRST TEST.

SECOND TEST.

THIRD TEST. (FINAL, alpha release)

Grab it here...

=============================================================================================

Reqs:

UNP Body (if you use Calientes body you wont notice major texture issues)

SKSE

Latests version of HDTPhysicsExtension (tested on 12.29)

HDTHighHeels System for the boots addon.

=============================================================================================

Compatibility:

REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACK UP OF YOUR SAVEGAME, I WONT TAKE RESPONSABILITY OF ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER/CHARACTER

That being said...

I think It should be compatible with almost everything. But Im not really sure, thats why im uploading it for testing...

If you use the XP32 hair, be sure to use the compatibility patch. It wont change anything, but will just put his collision objects at a layer different than 0 (10)

(Collision filters at layer 0 collides with everything on Havok engine, so it will also fix possible incompatibilities with other mods that adds rigid bodies at the chest/arms area)

===============================================================================================

Troubleshooting:

"When I restart a saved game, sometimes the lower part of the coat seems to clip trough legs"

Unequip and reequip the coat so havok can realign the rigid bodies.

"The lower part is warped and is at the other side of the body"

Unequip and reequip, or just move around a bit, the collision objects should do the rest.

FAQ:

"How do I get this dress?"

Read the description...

"Why UNP Slim?"

Because is the body I use...

"Are you going to create versions for other bodies?"

Not at the moment, Im bussy with another project.

"My breasts dont move even when I equip the Havok Object thing"

There are no weights on the breasts, the model was rigged using the vanilla skeleton.

"I changed the shape of your mesh using X tool to fit my body but now the skirt has a lot of clipping"

You have to reshape the collision objects of the XML, since they are fitted to the UNP slim body.

"This dress sucks..."

I agree.

PERMISION NOTES

You are free to retexture it, convert it to other bodies and dissasemble it to understand how it works, I even encourage you to do it and if you have any questions, feel free to ask, I would be glad to answer.

CREDITS:

HydrogenSaysHDT
for creating this amazing plugin. I should build a monument on your name.

LL community
for sharing their interest and not being silent
cl
icks like the "N" guys.

Canderes
for his "Bone to Nub" and "HCT Preview Caps" scripts that I used as a base for mine, for his tutorials and well, for just being amazing.

XP32:
For creating that ponytail. I wouldn't know about this plugin without his upload.

and finally...

Bethsoft:
For giving us a crippled toolset. And creating such a nice game.

• Submitter
    Yoo
  • Submitted
    03/01/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, HDTPhysicsExtension, HDT High Heels for the boots
  • Special Edition Compatible

Thank yoo !

Oh the puns! Their just too good :)

@Yoo

Any planned changes to how your gonna set this up?

Or is this done in your mind? Just wanting to know because I'd like to take a look at it and figure the stuff out and see if it's possible to make a sort of 'universal' skirt rig xml, that you can attach to other skirt meshes (provided they have the weighting of course, which can be easily transferred by using a number of tools now)

Or do you see a problem with doing that?

@Yoo

Any planned changes to how your gonna set this up?

Or is this done in your mind? Just wanting to know because I'd like to take a look at it and figure the stuff out and see if it's possible to make a sort of 'universal' skirt rig xml, that you can attach to other skirt meshes (provided they have the weighting of course, which can be easily transferred by using a number of tools now)

Or do you see a problem with doing that?

No, Im not gonna change the set up on this file, doing that would mean new rigging...

If I update it, I will update simple stuff, add more collisions and so on...

And dissasemble it as much as you want, I can even send you the Max files if you want. But, I wouldnt take this as a base for a "universal" rig since it was created speacially for this dress. Making it mostly useless for other skirts since its too close to a really slim body. And the length of the bones follow the dress.

Once I make some progress with Merida, I could work on a "universal" long skirt setup. Or, as I said, I could send you the Max files. You could use the chains at the back to create a base skirt (but I'd recommend you to increase the size of the rigid bodies)

EDIT: Max File sent, enjoy it!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This is really one of my more favorite HDT enabled clothing!

I'm a little sad it did not get as much attention as it deserved, but for the record I love it!

I am curious, how you rigged this up... I am still learning how to rig physics up with said tut. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25485-setup-attaching-hdt-to-an-existing-mesh/ but I believe this is primarily for breast physics. Not clear on this, sorry if I am incorrect.

Mayhaps, if you have the time, could you enlighten me on how to add cloth physics to... lets say for simplicity sake... add said physics to the vanilla ebony armors' waist cloth. I would be ever-so grateful!