View File

I added meshes and textures to the adoptable Hearthfire children to make them look the way you'd expect Hearthfire children to look while using the Hearthfire DLC with the xvisionchildren mod. No more adult faces.

The installation methods are written in the ReadMe file.

Questions:

1) Why did you make this mod?

A) You use xvisionchildren for a reason...because kids look human when it's active.

2) My Hearthfire children look quite human already when I use xvisionchildren.

A) Then don't use this mod. This mod is for people who see weird-looking kids when they use Hearthfire and xvisionchildren.

3) What is in the this mod's future?

A) I will add new adoptable children, and eventually, they will have new brief quests that "introduce" you to your potential son/daughter before you adopt them.

I suggest installing with Mod Organizer. It's packaged to install right away if you do.

Now your kids look like people! :)

Credits:

Bagserk: the creator of xvisionchildren

Bethesda: the creator of Skyrim and it's Hearthfire DLC

AwfulArchdemon: Everything else in this mod

I've changed the look of the HF kids once and for all. No matter what mods you use. As long as you use Hearthfire and xvisionchildren, you will have human-looking kids available for adoption. The adult faces bug is gone with this mod active.

Place this under all kid-changing mods.

Tell me about it. I noticed in CK that one of the HF kids were made 'essential' by default (at least I never made that change...had to be by default). I changed that. I wonder if that had anything to do with the fugly faces? If you make a kid essential, the weird faces thing always happens. If you make kids essential with this mod active, everything will be fine. No odd faces no matter what.

• 2 months later...

Well, I have a kid made, with what I thought was the proper script for adoption, but all I can do is "Give 1 gold coin". She's nothing more than a beggar. :P I still need to get the right scrips applied, but I also need to figure out what I'm gonna do about dialogue. As it stands now, I'd have to use the exact dialogue another kid uses to initiate the "I could adopt you if you want" option, which would be a bit lame, but it's not like I have other dialogues to choose from. Therefore, any adoptable kids I make will have the same sad story as another orphan.

I need to figure this thing out. Obviously, it's taking longer than I planned, but it's still in development. For now, I'm just glad Runa Fair-Shield isn't the only orphan who looks human.

• 1 month later...

Anyone feel like testing my newest esp? Remember you need xvc.

Let me know if you find my new kid in either Windhelm (by the other adoptable kid there), or the Winking Skeever. She should be adoptable, but no promises yet. :P

Look for Katrina. She may even look for you!

HearthFiresAesthetics.rar

HA is not required. I'll add this to the main file if tests go well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I haven't found her. Maybe she's roaming between Windhelm and Solitude? That would be quite a trek.

I didn't export the meshes and textures. This is only an esp. I'll do the exporting when I confirm she's adoptable.

What this means is you will see her with the dark face bug, so don't freak out if you see that. It'll be fixed.

Just test for now, and see if she's adoptable. Also, please let me know where you saw her. If it's somewhere weird, I'll change her patterns.

After that, it's just a matter of making the other 2 kids, adding a small quest to them to win them over upon meeting them, and then HA can go GOLD (a mod like this shouldn't take much to go GOLD).

I want to make an adoptable Uchiha too, for the Naruto overhaul, but I don't know yet how to make a custom race kid. I'll investigate that as soon as I know this chick can be adopted. ;)