New Update 2014/2/28

HydrogensaysHDT

2014/2/28

move all memory fix and the exception capture module to another standalone plugin:

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i31Grsx

Could you please explain the .ini settings? ReportToWindows will probably leave an event in OS's event log, but that [memory] section is not that apparent.

[Exception]

AutoSaveGame = true                                      ;Try save game when CTD happen

MiniDumpWithFullMemory = false                     ;Save the minidump file(.dmp) with the hole memory Skyrim used.

ReportToWindows = false                                 ;Deliver the error to werr so developer can use their debugger to find out what happen.(because no one will attach their debugger while enjoying the game).

[Memory]

RecordFormHeapAllocateFailed = false          ;if memory allocate failed, it will write to the log file.

FixInfiniteLoad = true                                       ;just do what SafetyLoad do in what I think a more compatible way.

ReplaceDefaultHavokHeap = true                   ;allocate memory for havok by _aligned_malloc,may fix some CTD while loading.

There're two heap in skyrim. One is the Form heap, where SSME extends the default size.

Another is Havok heap. I don't know why but most of the CTD while loading comes here. Replace it fix some problem but not all.

btw, I never catched any memory allocation failed event but I still get crash while loading. That's because sth should be class A is no longer class A(In most case, A is hkbGenerator).They may be wrongly released, or overwrited.I can't fix them.It's out of my ability.

Thanks for the explanations.

Recently, i've got an interesting observation about CTD while loading. I was trying to monitor Skyrim's disk activity with Process Monitor application(to see the last activity before the crash). Surprisingly, i found that when Process Monitor's logging is on, i can load my 100% crashing save just fine.

Just sharing a little info i have.

I think the only explanation here is that logging slows down operations, and this affects the loading process somehow.

Thanks for the explanations.

Recently, i've got an interesting observation about CTD while loading. I was trying to monitor Skyrim's disk activity with Process Monitor application(to see the last activity before the crash). Surprisingly, i found that when Process Monitor's logging is on, i can load my 100% crashing save just fine.

Just sharing a little info i have.

I think the only explanation here is that logging slows down operations, and this affects the loading process somehow.

Meaning the longer it takes to load the higher the probability of loading is ? Weird... if so, there is a problem with memory management for one of the mods (or the game itself, that wouldn't surprise me) or a problem with CPU management.

Btw, if I read right, malloc is used... this function can be a wonder or a total nightmare, depends on how it is used.

I'm not saying it is the problem for CTD on loading, I'm saying it could be.

Yep, i even did 20 tries, 10 with logging on, and 10 with logging off. I were unable to load that game at all with logging off, and got 9 successfull loads with logging on. Not a coinscidence definitely. Using this method from time to time now, helps a lot.

Yep, i even did 20 tries, 10 with logging on, and 10 with logging off. I were unable to load that game at all with logging off, and got 9 successfull loads with logging on. Not a coinscidence definitely. Using this method from time to time now, helps a lot.

Did you try to use another tool than ProcMon for the same purpose to see what happens ?

ProcHack maybe ?

ProcHack maybe ?

Despite the naming, those are completely different utilities. ProcHack is more like a task manager, or Process Explorer. What ProcMon does is monitoring and logging all the disk activities like reading, writing, checking if the file exists. I started ProcMon, made a rule to filter everything except TESV.exe activity, and used "Capture Events" toggle for the test.

ProcHack maybe ?

Despite the naming, those are completely different utilities. ProcHack is more like a task manager, or Process Explorer. What ProcMon does is monitoring and logging all the disk activities like reading, writing, checking if the file exists. I started ProcMon, made a rule to filter everything except TESV.exe activity, and used "Capture Events" toggle for the test.

Thanks for explanations.

Btw, is ProcMon working for Win 7 x64 ?

Yep, i'm on it too. I wonder if it will help you too.

I'm about to know.

How did you make the filter ?

EDIT - OMG ! Launched Skyrim and Steam started updating... will have to wait 3 hours ! Steam is a real pain in the ass when interrupted while updating !  :angry:

Well, at least that gives me enough time to get a correct filter. 

If I do : Process name  is not  TESV.exe  then  Exclude  , is it correct ?

In "Filter" menu check "Drop Filtered Events", in "Filter..." window add a new rule by selecting "Process Name", then "Is", then put in "TESV.exe" and select "Include". Then press "Add", "Ok" button. Check "Capture Events" in "File" menu. Then launch Skyrim like you always do.

edit: it does not really matter here. You can just skip the filter and start capturing events. I applied the filter just to find where my Skyrim stops loading, and starts crashing. Too many entries otherwise.

If I do : Process name is not TESV.exe then Exclude , is it correct ?

Yes, should be the same thing imo.

In "Filter" menu check "Drop Filtered Events", in "Filter..." window add a new rule by selecting "Process Name", then "Is", then put in "TESV.exe" and select "Include". Then press "Add", "Ok" button. Check "Capture Events" in "File" menu. Then launch Skyrim like you always do.

edit: it does not really matter here. You can just skip the filter and start capturing events. I applied the filter just to find where my Skyrim stops loading, and starts crashing. Too many entries otherwise.

If I do : Process name is not TESV.exe then Exclude , is it correct ?

Yes, should be the same thing imo.

Tested ! I did not do it your way but mine seems to work : 

Process name is not TESV.exe then Exclude    AND    capture events thing checked (default, didn't check it myself), 100% of my saved game normally not loading correctly (CTD) at first attempt/at all loaded correctly at first attempt !

Still having problems with NPC laser boobs bug when entering a new cell and SOS not working correctly at animation start but that's another story (and if you have some advices for these bugs it would be appreciated).

So as far as I can say there is something in ProcMon that fixes CTDs on loading and I don't even know what or how !

Anyway, thank you Uriel for the tip and maybe the word should be spread for people having CTDs on loading.

Btw, you earned 1 internet for this !  ;)

So as far as I can say there is something in ProcMon that fixes CTDs on loading and I don't even know what or how !

Yeah. And that's the worst thing here.

Process name is not TESV.exe then Exclude    AND    capture events thing checked (default, didn't check it myself), 100% of my saved game normally not loading correctly (CTD) at first attempt/at all loaded correctly at first attempt !

No, that's the same thing i did "is not TESV.exe then exclude"="is TESV.exe then include". If event logging is enabled, it slows everything down and skyrim loads. I was unsure that event logging is on by default, so i said to check this.

BTW: dont forget to disable logging after you load a game. It draws some resources after all.

No, that's the same thing i did "is not TESV.exe then exclude"="is TESV.exe then include". If event logging is enabled, it slows everything down and skyrim loads. I was unsure that event logging is on by default, so i said to check this.

BTW: dont forget to disable logging after you load a game. It draws some resources after all.

Confirmed ! Loaded 5 saved games after unchecking capture events, got 1 CTD. Got 0 CTD when capture events was checked.

And what do you mean by disable logging ? Unchecking capture events after the game is loaded ?

ok i got a question for you two that might help understand why logging stops CTDs - What kind of HDD do you use, is it a normal one, a hybrid, or an SSD?...

the reason i ask this is that skyrim might be expecting data from the HDD to only take a certain amount of time and on a normal (spinning platter) drive it may take longer causing the game to try to use resources that haven't loaded yet... just my thought on the matter...

ok i got a question for you two that might help understand why logging stops CTDs - What kind of HDD do you use, is it a normal one, a hybrid, or an SSD?...

the reason i ask this is that skyrim might be expecting data from the HDD to only take a certain amount of time and on a normal (spinning platter) drive it may take longer causing the game to try to use resources that haven't loaded yet... just my thought on the matter...

I run from the SSD. And SSD has much lower read/write latency. Thought about this too, and was going to try to move Skyrim to my file storage spinning at 5400rpm's. What stoped me is my lazyness, awareness that this will not help me understand the problem and hopes that others will verify my observation one day.

ok im a dumb and screw my hdt files, so its still necessary hdt.xml and hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml or just one? and wich one? can someone post a attach with collision working for cbbe or a large bust body, idk why my collision dnt works at all anymore for me at least. 

ok im a dumb and screw my hdt files, so its still necessary hdt.xml and hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml or just one? and wich one? can someone post a attach with collision working for cbbe or a large bust body, idk why my collision dnt works at all anymore for me at least. 

You mean it is working for NPCs but not for your PC ?

Btw, to get back to the previous discussion with Uriel, there's one weird thing with ProcMon, today I launched it and it kept the filter I made yesterday but it didn't work as I planned. I loaded 2 saved games and got 2 CTDs, then I removed the filter and remade it exactly the same way, then I loaded one of the saved games that CTDed and it loaded without any problem... Do you have any idea why this happened ?

its working but no hands collisions and looks like goes really "heavy" the breasts weight, that just got collision from far away ,maybe its hdt hair idk, tested without hdt hair and got more bounce,no hands collision but still looks like weight a ton, because its bounce less of "regular" tbbp.

A short comment from me.

I have always had problems with the DLL from 12:29.

One problem was the sudden CTD of Skyrim.

The other problem was that the breasts are constantly moving from left to right.

As an open window during a storm.

This update of hydro there is no longer the problem 1.

It all works stable even with ENB, and that too for hours. Great work and take this opportunity to express my thanks for this.

The problem with hiking breasts (left-right) was not corrected.

But I have found that:

It may be me, Just for Fun or to the DLL.

The constraint> Angular limits the fields of x-axis and z-axis are reversed.

Below is my current xml.

For Seven Base / UNPB and CBBE quite useful.

hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

Small question :D.

The new HDT PE release have a new SKSE plugin:

hdtSkyrimMemPatch.dll.

Are this to be used along the use of Sheson's Memory Patch on SKSE 1.7.0.0  or SSME?

Archived