New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

In case, why don't you create a entry for this tool into the download section ?

Would allow a quite more efficient tracking as to release (progress) (no surprise there).

Otherwise, it is another step forward multi body worlds (damn, I wonder how many time the "item - a merge" will be structured (with body defined clothes available from synched (shops) (do not seem to exist for each body style this said), for the one without, hm. Create traders with access to the origin container as to sold the items  (ownership).

Tbs, thanks gerra6 !

Ok not sure why Retrying this since the earlier versions and it did the UNP - Top Model no problem and MUCH smaller file now yayy. And was a lot faster.

But when I go and do 7B to Top Model I get this error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "G:\Convert Clothing\make_lattice.py", line 205, in <module>
    Main()
  File "G:\Convert Clothing\make_lattice.py", line 128, in Main
    to_nif = file_util.load_nif(cs.get('target'), template = from_nif, init_mesh
 = True)
  File "G:\Convert Clothing\kg\file_util.py", line 376, in __init__
    self.nif_file = open(self.path, 'rb')
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'G:\\Convert Clothing'

No idea.

Which version of the tool are you running? That looks like 0.72 if I were to guess.

Anyways, that sort of error generally means that the tool is attempting to access a path that doesn't exist. The tool *should* catch those situations before they cause crashes, but things can get weird sometimes.

Try grabbing the latest update. Also, since it's possible that the bad path might be coming from saved settings, click on the 'Load Defaults' button to clear any settings from prior uses.

Ok yup was .72 as I took from the first post, so went backwards from here and found .85.

As for the error it was cured by doing a reset to defaults. What happened is I did the UNPB first then just changed the to and from again vs resetting then choosing. It processed thru just fine after that. But since there is the newer tool will remake the lattices first before I attempt the clothing for conversion hehe.

Thanks as always for your work on this gerra.

@chivaleroncross

I do not think there is anything on youtube. There is lots of info in the first post of this thread be sure to click the spoiler tags to read the info that is under them.

I know, I've read them, but I still having trouble understand it. English not my native, so I guess Visual explanation is all I required. But I'll try one by one reading em  

Chivaleroncross, what is your native language? I will try some pictures with basic translated words for you maybe.

Mem

Thank you Mem, my native Language is Bahasa (Indonesian) but if you put English with pictures on it. I will get it very much, though maybe I'll PM you myself to ask directly ^_^ If you dont mind, I'd like an example how you convert an armor or clothing into other body type. I cannot thank you enough for you if doing this ;)

Chivaleroncross,

I use RC 85a version.

post-33301-0-91084600-1401047226_thumb.jpg

Lattice = bentuk mayat, tidak busana mayat. (body shape, not clothing shape.)
Start Make Lattice.bat

post-33301-0-50698100-1401047250_thumb.jpg

File->Convert From->Cancel
File->Convert To->Cancel
This will create 'From' and 'To' folders.
Click Cancel to close Make Lattice.
Decide what body type to put in 'From' folder and 'To' folder.
You want the body nif files, not the armor/clothing nif files.
Example: a nice shirt that is DMRA that you want to make HGEC B cup.
Put the DMRA femaleupperbody.nif in the From folder, and the HGEC B cup femaleupperbody.nif in the To folder.
Now restart Make Lattice.bat
File->Convert From->select the femaleupperbody.nif that is there.
File->Convert To->select the femaleupperbody.nif that is there.

post-33301-0-23757300-1401047346_thumb.jpg

Click OK and wait until it is finished.
Now find the lattice.lat in .../clothing converter/lattice folder and rename it to something like: dmraHGECbUpper.lat so you know what it is.
You can use this lattice for any DMRA to HGEC B conversions of shirts, curass, etc.

Start Convert clothing.bat
File->Select Lattice-> Pick the lattice you made.
File->Target Mesh Options->Process Selected meshes only. Pick the DMRA shirt you want to convert.

post-33301-0-96292000-1401047431_thumb.jpg

Click Ok and wait. The size of the target mesh determines how long it will take.
When it is finished, close Convert clothing.bat and look in .../clothing converter/output folder for the converted nif file. Rename it and have a look at it in nifskope to see how you like it.

Make lattice of the same body parts that cloth/armor covers.
If it is long dress or curass + greaves, make lattice with upper and lower body parts.
Pertanyaan? I will try to help.

Mem

When I put on that armor you uploaded my game crashes. 71.gif

Greetings.

@ Nepro .

Well you said 'my game crash" ...??? but did you try to replace this provided nif  with a piece of clothe using the Upper and Lower body slots ( clothe mC03)  ... i did and yes my game "crash" too !!! ( i just re-link the path texture to my folder "Armor/Steel/F/cruirassb.dds and greaveb.dds" because i don't use the "Starxxx" texture ...)

So you're right there is a "problem here .

PS ; i use the LAPF or the Deedee's Skeleton ( from Electrro's Designer Body Spell mod)

PPS : found a problem with the Greaves ... if i remove the greave the game don't crash anymore  ( and i put a real lower body under these greaves so i remove the greaves but the mesh still use both upper & lower body slots ...) , i think there are some missing bones(nodes) attached to this greave  ...  i will investigate that point in a few minutes ... i think that "R/L calf " and "R/L foot" NiNodes are missing and need to be attached to this greave mesh ( i will try to do it with NifSkope , but i never did that sort of "tweak" before ... with only NifSkope )

@DiBastet

When you create the lattice are you hitting file save as name lattice and save current settings name .ini before hitting ok? Once it's done running it will close and if you never saved the lattice and .ini before hitting ok then there will be nothing.

I noticed one thing when converting armors I have run into it 3 or four times the first time was awhile ago. I converted a armor loaded the nif and was xblink.png.pagespeed.ic.jZ-_dA-Dno.png when the hell did the converter become part shop mechanic? The converted armor was destroyed I removed the armor and underneath it the body looked like the converter cut the body in two from the crotch to the neck then welded that cut and then ground that cut down the legs were welded together like some newfangled birth control thing the ass crack was welded shut and then ground out of existence. If I wanted to I probably could paint a skirt on her lower body and no one would know.

The 2nd time I ran into it I had changed the body in the armor and when it was done converting I noticed the same thing. The body it turns out is a older LAB body the thing that sucks is that the set body reloaded only has 2 LAB bodies flat and close to flat so there is no way to replace the defective body with a new one as that LAB body size is not in it and other bodies don't fit the armor/outfit the same.

post-25667-0-27723400-1401152941_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-97979700-1401152948_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-42007900-1401152956_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-30807100-1401152982_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-93537800-1401152998_thumb.jpg with face normal's used. Look at that ass it looks like a skirt now just needs some paint and shes ready to hit the bar. :)post-25667-0-71677600-1401153027_thumb.jpg

Same story the crash occurs when I equip the nif you recently uploaded in post #482.

///Edit

It could be many things not related to the nif you uploaded.

Hi there .

@ Nepro

I was right , there are 4 missing nodes and their parent nodes ( bone) ... well i'm proud ... the file is repaired and this was the first time a repair something like this only with the fabulous tool named "NifSkope" .... really a gift of our Lord !

Here are two meshes ... the one named "Shirt" is the mesh i've tested in game ( LAPF Skeleton is still there) , no more crash .

The other is the repaired file where i add 4 nodes and their respective parents ... but i use the nodes from a  HGEC Lower 1.1 ( like the lower used by Colourwheel  ... most of the time in her mods)  ... but i think it's not a problem in this case.

The file named "Shirt is just for futur test if you want ... beware ... the parents 'bones) are unamed so you cannot copy/past them as is ... if you want to do so , you need first to prepare a nif file with the 4 missing nodes already there ... after  doing so , just copy ( copy branch) and past (branch) to where you want.

Now just for information .. how i did it  : first you need two different nifs ... and a third where the missing nodes are already there.

Click  on the NiSkinInstance of your "greaves" ( not the repaired" but the "guilty" and in the "detail bloc"  click on "bones " ... here you will see the 4 "empty/missing"  nodes ... just copy ( one by one ) ... and not "copy branch" a node from another lower using the same mesh as the one you want to repair ... it this case it was the bip01 L Calf, Bip01 R Calf,Bip01 L Foot and Bip01 R Foot ....  to the NiSkinInstance .... ( not the Scene Root ) ... and right click ----> Node ---> attach parent node and chose "NiBone" ... here i forgot to give a name to these "parents" that's why i said that you cannot use to transfer the greaves from the Nif named "Shirt" .

Well just for a quick test, "Shirt" is a replacer of the Clothe MC03 ( UL) using the bipped slots Upper and lower body.

So , sorry but it is very late  in my country , and i must go to sleep now .

Cheers.

PS : zut , j'ai encore oublié quelque chose : oups sorry ... english now : i forgot to said you need to re-assign the right texture path because for the test in game , i used my own "Steel" texture .... so do not forget to do this. 

DarkSteelOutfitF (repaired).nif

shirt.nif