[CLOSED] Project C.I.T.R.U.S. - Old WIP thread

blabba

From the FAQ:

Q: Hand textures are messed up for me

A: Hands use a new UV layout that Vioxsis made. I provide a fairly simple Mudbox texture conversion tutorial. On the 'release' version of CITRUS you will have an option to download a few textures 'packs' pre-converted of the top 3 textures (SG Renewal, Mature Skin and AntiWomagnot's 4k). I will only pre-convert these 3 textures due to having recieved permissions. I am not interested in going for more permission hunting, so I provided users with Mudbox guides and project files for them to DIY.

Q: What Texture Type does this body use?

A: UNP

Not sure why you're quoting that in response to me since I'm not talking about the hands and AM using--or at least attempting to use--UNP/UNPB...specifically Blessed or DIMONIZED.  I've tried both and have the same result, namely, the texture is completely off, giving my character four nipples.  I don't care about hand seams--gauntlets tend to cover my hands/wrists at all times anyway.  The hip seams I think were also mentioned as being a problem in relation to this mod, so I suppose I'll ignore that as well.

No, that FAQ and response is perfectly correct towards your question and is the only appropriate answer.

If your getting 4 tits or your textures aren't matching up properly, it's because your not using a UNP based texture.

As for hip seams, they are altered on the Citrus body mesh, but any good UNP texture, shouldn't show anything there.

(And even if they are, a good 2 secs in photoshop with clone stamping tool should make it perfect)

No way.

As the mod user, I am 100% right and I cannot ever be wrong.

This is clearly all your fault and I demand you fix this, buy me ice cream and swear your allegiance to me every day at 06:30!

If you disagree with me, then I shall refer you to my signature.

No, that FAQ and response is perfectly correct towards your question and is the only appropriate answer.

If your getting 4 tits or your textures aren't matching up properly, it's because your not using a UNP based texture.

As for hip seams, they are altered on the Citrus body mesh, but any good UNP texture, shouldn't show anything there.

(And even if they are, a good 2 secs in photoshop with clone stamping tool should make it perfect)

No, that quote isn't "perfectly" correct since it only referred to my problem obliquely.  As I mentioned twice now previously, I AM attempting to use a UNP texture--Dimonized in this case--and was having this issue.  What the actual problem was, and what could have been answered far more directly and with far less snark, was that the UNP texture I was using did not install properly.  I have no prior knowledge of this body type and have not had this issue crop up before, so there was no way of knowing, given that quote, what exactly had gone wrong and how I could fix it.  To sum up, a BETTER "appropriate" answer to "Why am I having this problem with this UNP texture?" would be "It sounds like your texture didn't install correctly.  Try again."  Not "Use UNP."

As it happens, something apparently went wrong while installing everything the first time--even though I closely followed your instructions in the OP--and after re-installing it all a second time things started working correctly.  I'm not certain, but the problem might have occurred when I opened up Bodyslide 2 and attempted to alter the dimensions on the first install.  Perhaps that somehow reverted it back to CBBE, though I made sure Citrus Beta 2.0 was still selected when I told it to create the bodies.

At any rate, I'm back to two nipples, seamless hips and a less unsightly body, and now I have a better understanding of what to expect when I ask simple questions.  Thanks!

No, that quote isn't "perfectly" correct since it only referred to my problem obliquely.  As I mentioned twice now previously, I AM attempting to use a UNP texture--Dimonized in this case--and was having this issue.  What the actual problem was, and what could have been answered far more directly and with far less snark, was that the UNP texture I was using did not install properly.  I have no prior knowledge of this body type and have not had this issue crop up before, so there was no way of knowing, given that quote, what exactly had gone wrong and how I could fix it.  To sum up, a BETTER "appropriate" answer to "Why am I having this problem with this UNP texture?" would be "It sounds like your texture didn't install correctly.  Try again."  Not "Use UNP."

As it happens, something apparently went wrong while installing everything the first time--even though I closely followed your instructions in the OP--and after re-installing it all a second time things started working correctly.  I'm not certain, but the problem might have occurred when I opened up Bodyslide 2 and attempted to alter the dimensions on the first install.  Perhaps that somehow reverted it back to CBBE, though I made sure Citrus Beta 2.0 was still selected when I told it to create the bodies.

At any rate, I'm back to two nipples, seamless hips and a less unsightly body, and now I have a better understanding of what to expect when I ask simple questions.  Thanks!

I'm not a mind reader who knows how you setup your skyrim, or know what mod manager you use or your experience in modding.

I stated the problem, which is the fact that you were not using a UNP texture based on the description you gave me of your problem, which was you had 4 nipples. That problem only occurs when not using correct textures.

Anyway, I'm glad that the issue is fixed, and might I suggest you use Mod Organizer with it's excellent conflict detection system so that such things don't happen again.

That problem only occurs when not using correct textures.

This is what I mean.  Having not experienced the problem before, I had no idea what was causing it.  If someone had just said this in response to my initial post then I would have known where to start looking.  I'm not expecting people to read minds, but surely you can see that someone just quoting "Use UNP" after I had explicitly stated that I was probably isn't going to help too much.

The next time I reinstall everything (or update everything after a new Sexlabs iteration) I'll probably switch to MO since that seems to be the preferred organizer now.  Up until now I've been doing relatively fine with LOOT and such, and was reluctant to change what was working.

Thanks again.  I look forward to the future of the mod.

I'm not sure what the issue happens to be really, but I can't seem to get the hand mesh to match the body mesh. there's just giant crazy gaps between the end of the arm and the wrists. I followed the instructions to fix the hand mesh UV issue, but now I've got this issue. Any ideas?

This is what I mean.  Having not experienced the problem before, I had no idea what was causing it.  If someone had just said this in response to my initial post then I would have known where to start looking.  I'm not expecting people to read minds, but surely you can see that someone just quoting "Use UNP" after I had explicitly stated that I was probably isn't going to help too much.

The next time I reinstall everything (or update everything after a new Sexlabs iteration) I'll probably switch to MO since that seems to be the preferred organizer now.  Up until now I've been doing relatively fine with LOOT and such, and was reluctant to change what was working.

Definitely get MO, it will change your modding life.  If you like playing around with mods, and especially if you want to be able to experiment with LL-type mods, without breaking your game, without even the least possibility of breaking your game I cannot recommend it highly enough.  

Imagine this typical scenario: you've got a great game of Skyrim going, then you decide to mess around wtih some mods.  You break the game, tie yourself in knots trying to solve the problem, and worst of all - you can't bloody play Skyrim.  You can't pick up where you left off.  You're stuck.  If it's bad enough, you have to just clean the slate again and reinstall, meanwhile having lost the momentum both of modding and of playing the damn game.

With MO, all that is a thing of the past.  With MO, you have unlimited "virtual installs", so you can have your pristine game of Skyrim, with your favourite, hand-picked mods to give you the experience Bethesda wanted you to have, only better, tweaked to your personal tastes (I recommend S.T.E.P. for this), and have that be totally untouched, un-messed around with, by whatever modding experiments you are doing in other MO "virtual installs".  You can totally break the game in one virtual install, and at the click of a button, be playing your pristine game of Skyrim again. 

It's a genius piece of software, it really is.

I should add that, having such power, MO does have its own pitfalls, and it's possible to get in knots with it as well (especially when you get to FNIS and Skyproc patches and the like), but on another level.  Start slowly with a simple few installs (make sure one is "vanilla"), keep one for your ongoing game and favourite/stable mods, and as many as you like for messing around, and eventually you'll learn the ins and outs.

added a CBBM Body to the Google Sheet, i hope you take a look at it. looks really good and has a high vertices count of 6644 for the main femalebody_1.nif file.

where i found the body mod: LINK

also added screenshots of the body for easy viewing for you here.

The body seems to be unique enough (will only know for sure when I open it up in 3dsmax)

But yea, I'll be updating the excel sheet sometime soon when I'm getting closer to releasing my update.

noticed a atleast one dupe in that sheet aswell. didn't delete it because i didn't know if it where suppose to be there twice >___<

nice to know that you are taking a look at it :D

love the shape here, the shape is just so..... damn XD

if you are going to work on it, try to use the best parts of it :3 witch is sadly all of it really LMAO

also, doing CBBE (the I Love Cleavage Mod) conversions to Citrus in Outfit Studio ATM, when the full release is out. do i have to do alot of work to get it right?

just thinking if i should continue with what im doing or wait for a more final release XD

love the freedom your body gives us. its just at another level over everything else out there.

also, doing CBBE (the I Love Cleavage Mod) conversions to Citrus in Outfit Studio ATM, when the full release is out. do i have to do alot of work to get it right?

just thinking if i should continue with what im doing or wait for a more final release XD

I encourage you to try 1 or two outfits that you absolutely must have (and let me know the level of diddiculty or any bugs you might have with converting to citrus in OS), but I am hesitant to say it will be well worth your time at this stage to convert everything to citrus.

The reason I label it a beta is because I still would like to retain the right to go over and make changes to the baseshape as I see fit and change the existing sliders as well.

(With some new tools I hve been making and discovered I might be able to revert to my original plan of changing the baseshape back to a fully skinny template, and have only additive morphs affect it from there. Instead of mixing and matching negative and additive morphs to the body, if that makes any sense)

However, I won't say that the possibility might be that I release the body without changing any of the existing sliders in which case converted armours for the beta would work fine for the final release as well (minus the new morphs that will be in the final of course)

but if i make a conversion now and the base shape don't change much then i can simply just make a new one quickly with the new added sliders i guess. not that much hassle in my eyes. i really just want to get to know outfit studios and such and try out a few things. always had issues before but the newest version of bodyslide fixed it for me :D

i find that straps is really hard to convert without alot of picking, in the end i figured that it looks good at aleast 50% sliders (the straps mind you) then its ok for me (higher than that it would break 90% of the time

these straps is what i meant, or straps like it. (screenshot is from the I Love Cleavage Mod Page (god that ENB is awful) 

29827-2-1407421586.jpg

Have you guys fixed the hand textures yet or still working on other things?

its not an issue. its a new mesh with a new UV map. you need to change the UV map of your texture to make a right fit.

nothing "wrong" with it. it just don't support other textures. 

on a note, i still haven't converted my Fairskin texture (using it not created it)

i think we should either have a hand mesh that fits with the body that uses textures that already have textures for it, or maybe help us make a guide about how we can change the UV without mudbox (as im not in school and cant get it for free and all the cracked versions of the program is using an older version than the file you shared for mudbox (then again i have NO knowledge about that program XD) 

also talked to the maker of the Fairskin Textures and he said he was going to take a look converting the texture once a more final version of Citrus is released. 

Have you guys fixed the hand textures yet or still working on other things?

i think we should either have a hand mesh that fits with the body that uses textures that already have textures for it, or maybe help us make a guide about how we can change the UV without mudbox (as im not in school and cant get it for free and all the cracked versions of the program is using an older version than the file you shared for mudbox (then again i have NO knowledge about that program XD) 

also talked to the maker of the Fairskin Textures and he said he was going to take a look converting the texture once a more final version of Citrus is released. 

The Hand Mesh I'm going to continue supporting is the current one, I stated on the mudbox thread that I'll upload the OBJ's soon so people can still use transfer tools for other versions of mudbox or other tools (such as zBrush)

Alternatively, if someone else wants to skin and get the UNP UV hand version of the mesh up and running they are more than welcome to do so. I just am not since dealing with 1 pair of hand seams is more than enough work for me.

As for getting mudbox, you don't need to be a student, it's just a survey they put out, you can fill it with false info and still get the download. (And still legal so long as you don't try to sell stuff

just converted the Fairskin hand texture and it was a HUGE success just by following your guide. 

there was no seems at all and totally smooth. i love it <3 its perfect now! god!

here is a MEGA link for you guys that want it. (hosting it here aswell now Fairskin Citrus Hands.rar )

Screenshots for the look :D

63e6f02e46.jpgb8a4198476.jpg767829923b.jpg

way to get the look as i have is to follow this file priority:

1. Citrus Body and Textures

2. Fairskin Textures

3. My UV map patch ( i used version 7.4.1 for the conversion so if there is change in texture color then i have to make a new one i guess.)

The Fair Skin Complexion is made by HHaleyy and i have nothing to do with this texture other than fixing the UV map for it.

also, if people dont want to do this for themselfs, i can always do it again for you for whatever UNP texture you might have (i guess..... i can atleast try for you :P)

First of all, I want to point out that most mod authors are pretty beat up by hard headed users. Many "problems" can be solved if the person with the problem had simply RTFM from the beginning. No, that wasn't you, but it's the explanation for why you received a terse boilerplate response. Personally, i've grown to the point where I am as clear and direct as possible in the statement of the problem i'm having... which is usually enough to show that I've read the docs and the problem is outside that. Just a thought that may help you in the future.

2ndly, you don't have to reload anything to go to mod organizer. It has a "convert from nmm" feature. Additionally, installing your mods to it via zip is quick n simple.

People are so beat up by nmm, that everyone thinks it's going to be just as big of an ordeal to use MO. It's not. I've never used boss or loot or whatever they are, and have never EVER had a load order problem that I couldn't fix with a few seconds and a drag n drop reorder. 

there's no reason to wait. Unless you're an idiot (and it doesn't seem you are) I seriously believe you'll be up n running in :45- 1hr and most of that waiting on the computer.

hmmm also a thing im having problems with Citrus is the toes, i can see the shape of the toes trough the legs. 

i use XPMSE v2.06 (telling you this since it was a issue with the feet and skeleton)

Yea, there's a problem with my shader settings or something for the feet.

That I have no idea how to fix so it probably won't get fixed until someone can point out what I'm doing wrong lol.

hmmm also a thing im having problems with Citrus is the toes, i can see the shape of the toes trough the legs. 

i use XPMSE v2.06 (telling you this since it was a issue with the feet and skeleton)

That I have no idea how to fix so it probably won't get fixed until someone can point out what I'm doing wrong lol.

awwwww thats too bad to hear :C atleast its not something i did wrong on my end then XD atleast there is that :D

hope we can get someone to look at it.

i wont mind it too much since i will have something on those feet most of the time when i play. but when i test this stuff out its still sad to see and its a bug. 

well good to know that you know about it. 

also feel free to link that UV map conversion on the main page or something aslong as you credit HHaleyy. (just say that the original is from him and stuff and give them a link to his profile aswell.) (also sent it too him aswell) 

just made my first preset and i thought id share it! :D

Pettanko to Amazon.xml

the 0 weight is really small and flat chested and will have normal outstanding nipples (everything is smaller with this one, everything from the arms, shoulders, breasts, butt, legs and stomach.

the 1 weight is really different from the 0 weight and is really close to an amazon in form, thick arms and legs with a hint of a sixpack and large breasts with inverted nipples. 

Screenshots Bellow:

d9a52189ad.png96dcad4a46.png

i asked HHaleyy (the Fairskin creator) about our little foot issue. and he replied and i quote:

" I don't know well about meshes but it seems like the cause is in the nif file, if it has NiAlphaProperty. The nails are regarding the UV mapping? Of course it might be confirmed though."

in the nif there is no NiAlphaProperty reference of any kind. i don't know anything about meshes or what might be the cause of this. but maybe you do if you try to use that maybe?

IDK: just trying to help if this is just dumb and doesn't make sense XD

Archived