[CLOSED] Project C.I.T.R.U.S. - Old WIP thread

blabba

It's a great project. Sorry I'm going a little off topic, but seeing 'bodyslide' tools as the maximum exponent and summun of body mods it's still premature in my opinion. You see, there are two functions that bodyslide does in my opinion: One is customization, and it does it great. But at the end, you conform to a shape you like, and you're done. Obviously, having a universal body, resolving the UV map problem and other problems would be grat! But the the second function and most important to me it's variety. Right now bodyslide works only with nude replacer in that matter. I mean, it's quite easy to enable a custom mesh path for the naked body for any npc, or race, or custom race, or new npc's. And bodyslide works just fine there. It's just about having those paths in the main xml so you can customize any of those npc/races easily in bodyslide.

However, all characters are still forced to have the same body when wearing armor/clothes. I only can think in making diferent references for every armor in the CK and that would be a pain in the ass. Not to mention doing that for every non vanilla armor. I think the future of body mods, along with this great project, goes by bodyslide having more powerful patching capabilities (maybe powered by skyproc?). Because I love the fact that my Lydia has 7Base thigs and UNPB breast, and my Aela having Mak's ass, hourglass waist, with UNP skinny breast. But I'd like them being like that not just when they're naked ;o

Because I love the fact that my Lydia has 7Base thigs and UNPB breast, and my Aela having Mak's ass, hourglass waist, with UNP skinny breast. But I'd like them being like that not just when they're naked ;o

I'm probably just not understanding you well here but wouldn't all you need to fix this be a Outfit Studio armour conversion?

Also, quick update:

Vioxsis made another huge leap in progress, and we are getting closer to our goals :)

Here's a rough and dirty UNP comparison with our body. (Our slate body being the one on the right and original high weight UNP on the left)

It was done using a retopology tool so it was all automatic, I'd have to smoothen out the rough spots a bit manually, but that's fairly easy in Outfit Studio.

UNP_Conversion.png

right now we're just working on getting the smoothest weights possible.

Most notably: All new butt&belly weights and fixing the infamous underarm/shoulder twisting that happens with most custom female idle poses.

Because I love the fact that my Lydia has 7Base thigs and UNPB breast, and my Aela having Mak's ass, hourglass waist, with UNP skinny breast. But I'd like them being like that not just when they're naked ;o

I'm probably just not understanding you well here but wouldn't all you need to fix this be a Outfit Studio armour conversion?

Also, quick update:

Vioxsis made another huge leap in progress, and we are getting closer to our goals :)

Here's a rough and dirty UNP comparison with our body. (Our slate body being the one on the right and original high weight UNP on the left)

It was done using a retopology tool so it was all automatic, I'd have to smoothen out the rough spots a bit manually, but that's fairly easy in Outfit Studio.

UNP_Conversion.png

right now we're just working on getting the smoothest weights possible.

Most notably: All new butt&belly weights and fixing the infamous underarm/shoulder twisting that happens with most custom female idle poses.

It looks good. Heck, I'd be happy just to see the distorted shoulders go away. From my point of view that's the only downside to the UNP variants that I can find.

What Lother says is :

We already have a tool to distribute different meshes and textures to NPC through this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34637/? (new version is coming out very soon and looks even better) so that is a great opportunity to test out how many different meshes we could make with your universal body, thus said even with Outfit Studio we don't have a mod allowing us to distribute clothing and armors to NPC regarding their set of meshes, the result in the case of EBD is everyone will look different when naked but the armors won't change until soneone offers the possibility to distribute various clothing and armor meshes through a patcher.

In the end, unless you just want to make a single body shared by everyone in the game or just a unique one for your PC (using custom race or something) you will use bodyslide once, which is kinda sad.

In the end, unless you just want to make a single body shared by everyone in the game or just a unique one for your PC (using custom race or something) you will use bodyslide once, which is kinda sad.

Oh, thanks for clarification!

But what you ask for, the pieces and method is already figured out and implemented by the brilliant folks at SkyKids.

Look at their 'Arma' swapper section:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22395-wip-skykids-child-races-other-technical-goodies-vanilladlc-npc-replacer-updated21714/

The guys above stated that they would release the ARMA swapper separately as soon as they finish SkyKids.

I suppose however, if the ARMA swapper is much in demand (as I think more and more people want custom bodies on a per race section) you could petition them to make it a standalone modder's resource quicker.

Actually, if anyone is CK/Papyrus savvy, they could just ask for permissions, and then rip out the ARMA swapper stuff and make it standalone by themselves.

But yea, when and if that ever happens, then the dream of having custom armors, and bodies will be realized and outfit conversions will be made a lot easier with a universal body system of sliders (compared to downloading a bunch of different .nif files for each)

Threw together an experimental highres version of Dreamgirl. It's just a quick hack:

1. cloned it twice  2. subdivided one clone  3. made a smooth mulitres of the other

4. shrinkwrapped the subdivided one to the smooth version (except seams)

5. mirrored some boneweights from left to right, because the original had some problems on the arms, weird... :-/

6. exported and rebuilt skin in Outfit Studio, then ccompared the weights vs original

As before, I run into the problem with Blender exporting bad weights. However I found good advice here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/893259-dismember-data-dont-export-from-blender/

So, now the weights looks accurate, and it seems to animate ok in game. Only problem is an odd seam mismatch

at the feet which I can't figure out. Vertices are correct, weighting are identical to original (only foot and calf bones),

but still this strange seam.... kudos to anyone who can figure out what causes it.

Unpack into Bodyslide and build. You'll need original DG installed first.

------------

Edit: Malystraza was kind enough to point out what the problem was. The bone translations was messed up.

So after testing the body with the armature of the original nif (which produced horrible seams), I checked

at which point the problem may have occured. The Blender export was correct, after Nifscope changes it

was still correct... so the only remaining suspect is Outfit Studio, which I used trying to unify the skin partitions.

So, new upload. Still just an experiment, but it seems to animate properly. If anything the weights should

in theory be slightly better than original Dreamgirl, at least the weirdly weighted arm.

If anyone likes to restore any smoothed out details of the original mesh, feel free to do so. I recommend

exporting/importing OBJ files to do any reshapes. Or slider shapes if you are so inclined.

Dreamgirl Highres for Bodyslide.7z

All right so I'm super excited by this, but Vioxsis has successfully made a new Body that has the potential to be the entirely new 'Universal Body' system.

Vioxsis also spent an inordinate amount of time fixing up weights for the body, so now you get overall more fluid animations and finally:

The dreaded shoulder tweak has disappeared (at least for me anyway)!

Hopefully I'll be able to push out a public alpha build tomorrow that will include very basic BodySlide capabilities. It'll include 2 'conversion' references (CBBE and UNP) and Maybe 1 slider (waist or shoulder width, whichever is easier to make for now)

Edit:

Here's the Slatebody (Unoficial Name for now until Vioxsis makes a better one  :P ) 7Base to UNP slider:

Slate_UNPSlider.gif

Let me know your thoughts!

I am SO PROUD of myself! ..... I think...

I used the HDT Body slide to create an HDT body based on CBBE preset and went from there. It APPEARS to be using CBBE textures. No seams, no gaps, I didn't do anything with the texture at all. She's very exaggerated with a thin waist and bog boobs. Not like TITANIC ones, but ..... big round ones. I'll post a screen shot in a bit if I get to it. The big thing for ME was that I got an actual body out of the BodySlide. My first attempt was pretty terrible as I know NOTHING about bodyslide.

So NOW I have another dilemma. Her clothes don't fit! :)

NOW I have to find something only SHE will wear and learn how to make it FIT her.... right?

I stuck her in some retextured daedric for 7B and it didn't go whacky, but it also isn't duplicating her shape.

So as long as I've saved her body as a preset in Bodyslide, how hard is it going to be to make an outfit that actually fits her?

So as long as I've saved her body as a preset in Bodyslide, how hard is it going to be to make an outfit that actually fits her?

Congratz! though I cannot say that this thread is the appropriate place for this post...

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25180-unofficial-bodyslide-2outfit-studio-tutorials/

Guides 1-3 should cover your needs. If you just want the outfits for your specific body and do not care about making it 'BodySlideable' then Guide 3 should suffice.

If the above link's guides aren't what you were looking for at all or something, feel free to pm me or post in the above linked thread and I'll respond appropriately :)

However, all characters are still forced to have the same body when wearing armor/clothes. I only can think in making diferent references for every armor in the CK and that would be a pain in the ass. Not to mention doing that for every non vanilla armor. I think the future of body mods, along with this great project, goes by bodyslide having more powerful patching capabilities (maybe powered by skyproc?).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23311/

Requires some major adjusting as per the meshes used ("realistic" means almost everyone is fat) and is also hard on disk space, but that's what you want.

I such a noob that I can't even get a url to copy/paste. I've been playing with neme5i5's HDT RaceMenu skeleton sliders plugin on nexus. If I have an armor that fits my bodyslide body, then change the body shape in racemenu, the armor conforms to the changed body skeleton.

If I change a CBBE TBBP body to give it a huge right breast, small left, then BodyChange to UNPB, it gets a huge right etc. with UNP textures and shape.

So my Q is, would it be possible to create a skeleton slider - UNP.xml, CBBE.xml, etc. Instead of modifying armor meshes to fit different body meshes, all using say XP32 skeleton, modify the skeletons so different armor meshes conform automatically to the different bodies.

However, all characters are still forced to have the same body when wearing armor/clothes. I only can think in making diferent references for every armor in the CK and that would be a pain in the ass. Not to mention doing that for every non vanilla armor. I think the future of body mods, along with this great project, goes by bodyslide having more powerful patching capabilities (maybe powered by skyproc?).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23311/

Requires some major adjusting as per the meshes used ("realistic" means almost everyone is fat) and is also hard on disk space, but that's what you want.

This mod was not updated since almost a year and can be considered dead maybe?

Dead or not, the girls are ugly as hell. I dont know, the more fat, the more probabilty of using a really skimpy outfit. Why?

Anyway, I think im just going to make a custom xml pack for bodyslide 2 pointing at that mod folders, and then test it out how the patch behaves.

Im recently reticent to use bodyslide seeing this project going that well, but, well, whatever.

I such a noob that I can't even get a url to copy/paste. I've been playing with neme5i5's HDT RaceMenu skeleton sliders plugin on nexus. If I have an armor that fits my bodyslide body, then change the body shape in racemenu, the armor conforms to the changed body skeleton.

If I change a CBBE TBBP body to give it a huge right breast, small left, then BodyChange to UNPB, it gets a huge right etc. with UNP textures and shape.

So my Q is, would it be possible to create a skeleton slider - UNP.xml, CBBE.xml, etc. Instead of modifying armor meshes to fit different body meshes, all using say XP32 skeleton, modify the skeletons so different armor meshes conform automatically to the different bodies.

Excellent point and question!

The problem with using the skeletal sliders for Racemenu is that you can only manipulate 1 type of change, the bone's scale which either gets large or smaller. Your not going to be able to get much better variation than that, unless a specific weight paint/bone was MADE to be scaled and manipulated that way like pregnancy bellies.

Another major problem is that, there is a limit to how many weight paints you can put on a body. Skyrim has a strict 4 weights per vertex limit. Anything beyond that leads to bad things happening. And unfortunately, many places already are capped out at that limit on the bodies :/

Although, expired (creator of RaceMenu) has thought about such a thing and has toyed with the idea of making .tri morphs for the body itself (similar to how face morphs work) you can see his thread here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18908-wip-bodymorph/?hl=%20expired

I have no doubt in my mind that expired could get this done, It's more a matter of When & IF their are no 'hidden' problems.

Even then the use of a new universal body system would be of great help because you can more easily make the morphs :)

Dead or not, the girls are ugly as hell. I dont know, the more fat, the more probabilty of using a really skimpy outfit. Why?

Anyway, I think im just going to make a custom xml pack for bodyslide 2 pointing at that mod folders, and then test it out how the patch behaves.

Im recently reticent to use bodyslide seeing this project going that well, but, well, whatever.

If it's just preset .xml's you save, then it should also be compatible with the upcoming body.

I fully plan on porting existing and adding new sliders (like the puffy nipple one you sent me) over to the new body using the same slidernames.

You could try ctrl+clicking before doing your batch build so that the meshes show up in the working directory and then manually move them.

Or you could just edit existing xml's via text edit to point to the new filepaths of that mod, you shouldn't have to re-invent the wheel when you don't need to :)

Although, expired (creator of RaceMenu) has thought about such a thing and has toyed with the idea of making .tri morphs for the body itself (similar to how face morphs work) you can see his thread here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18908-wip-bodymorph/?hl=%20expired

I have no doubt in my mind that expired could get this done, It's more a matter of When & IF their are no 'hidden' problems.

I think that the main reason of him "getting bored" was that none made any outfit conversion using his method. He imported some bodyslide sliders and made nude body work, but none was interested at that time.

Its huge lose, because in current situation where everyone is adding/importing/converting new sliders without much hassle, it would be trivial to expand it into his system and have basically "Bodyslide IN GAME"

The tough part would be getting enough armor support for bodyslide though.

Dunno why that would be tough? I'm sure if the body is good enough and the sliders are done right a somewhat decent amount of people will convert it. Only problem might be permission gathering for public releases and all that.

I think that the main reason of him "getting bored" was that none made any outfit conversion using his method. He imported some bodyslide sliders and made nude body work, but none was interested at that time.

Its huge lose, because in current situation where everyone is adding/importing/converting new sliders without much hassle, it would be trivial to expand it into his system and have basically "Bodyslide IN GAME"

Yea, It's sad, but getting the stuff working in-game is also a lot more tedious and involved than doing it through BodySlide I would imagine. Between that and trying to get vertex editing in RaceMenu and updating EFF I guess there's a lot of pressure on him doing it all by himself.

Hopefully though he might decide to pick this back up :)

Also here's another wonderful update from Vioxsis! The mesh has been further refined for the new body as well as a brand new feet mesh! I'll try posting a closeup shot of the feet soon (It has around 1000 more verts than phygits feet mesh and also has the capability to make 'toenails' dunno if I'm gonna make bodyslideable feet though but hey a feature is a feature!)

New_Body_Feet.png

Here's a closeup of the feet:

footcloseup.png

The tough part would be getting enough armor support for bodyslide though.

Dunno why that would be tough? I'm sure if the body is good enough and the sliders are done right a somewhat decent amount of people will convert it. Only problem might be permission gathering for public releases and all that.

Yea, It's sad, but getting the stuff working in-game is also a lot more tedious and involved than doing it through BodySlide I would imagine. Between that and trying to get vertex editing in RaceMenu and updating EFF I guess there's a lot of pressure on him doing it all by himself.

Hopefully though he might decide to pick this back up :)

Also here's another wonderful update from Vioxsis! The mesh has been further refined for the new body as well as a brand new feet mesh! I'll try posting a closeup shot of the feet soon (It has around 1000 more verts than phygits feet mesh and also has the capability to make 'toenails' dunno if I'm gonna make bodyslideable feet though but hey a feature is a feature!)

New_Body_Feet.png

Here's a closeup of the feet:

footcloseup.png

Oh very nice, can't w8 for this body to get finished.

Btw i think phygits feet already hand toenails, anyway since Vioxsis made a new feet mesh for the body would he/she be doing the hands aswell?, i was wondering would finger nails get added too like the feet?, like Dream Girl has finger nails with the mesh.

Oh very nice, can't w8 for this body to get finished.

Btw i think phygits feet already hand toenails, anyway since Vioxsis made a new feet mesh for the body would he/she be doing the hands aswell?, i was wondering would finger nails get added too like the feet?, like Dream Girl has finger nails with the mesh.

It's possible ;)

I'll leave the answer to that question up to Vioxsis (hope s/he doesn't mind xD) as I literally do nothing at this stage other than provide feedback and act as a QA tester. So I can't say how 'invlolved' the process would be for creating those meshes.

This is impressive, I admire your chutzpah for attempting to do what I bet pretty much anyone who's installed a body mod has longed for. Let's face it,  the body mod fragmentation thing's a drag, none of us want to be forced to compromise in one area just so we can gain from another. So really hope you pull it off. if you do you'll be a bit of a legend. 

good luck man its so frustrating with all these different body mods and each one with their own features... sure wish we had a "all-in-one" version with bodyslide capabilities...

would make this hassle much easier.

Ohh man, that would be perfect. We wouldn't have to miss on any cool outfits just because I chose x body.

good luck man its so frustrating with all these different body mods and each one with their own features... sure wish we had a "all-in-one" version with bodyslide capabilities...

Ohh man, that would be perfect. We wouldn't have to miss on any cool outfits just because I chose x body.

Ehhh...

Not to give false hope or anything, but even with this 'system' you'd still have to convert the outfit to the 'base' shape of the new body and then proceed to make the sliders and stuff.

The way I'm thinking of how to do it in my head is that the new system's default body will be '7Base Bombshell' So you'd first convert the outfit to that and THEN you would have to convert to another shape like Dreamgirl, UNP, whatever, (or keep the 7base bombshell shape) and apply an expanded amount of sliders (like 7base Bombshell legs, or Dreamgirl breasts, or whatnot) and go from there.

Dang... The more I try to set this up in my head the more confused I get, hopefully stuffed_bunny will provide some guidance on how 'best' to set this up. :s

Nah, a unified base body and none of the incompatibility shenanigans, that's the thing.

I really like DG  because it contorts really well and suffers little or none of the mangled limbs and hips and texture distortion, doesn't matter what pose you put it in, it always looks good. But I'm not a fan of it's shape. I like 7B Bombshell's meaty thighs, shapely calves and those swimmer's shoulders, but I really don't like it's signature pudding bowl boobs and it's inherited at least some those UNP weaknesses.

With a really decent base body that we can tweak to our heart's content in bodyslide all that goes away. And I'd be a very happy bunny. 

Ehhh...

Not to give false hope or anything, but even with this 'system' you'd still have to convert the outfit to the 'base' shape of the new body and then proceed to make the sliders and stuff.

The way I'm thinking of how to do it in my head is that the new system's default body will be '7Base Bombshell' So you'd first convert the outfit to that and THEN you would have to convert to another shape like Dreamgirl, UNP, whatever, (or keep the 7base bombshell shape) and apply an expanded amount of sliders (like 7base Bombshell legs, or Dreamgirl breasts, or whatnot) and go from there.

Dang... The more I try to set this up in my head the more confused I get, hopefully stuffed_bunny will provide some guidance on how 'best' to set this up. :s

Why does the base shape matter that much btw?  If all current sliders can be replicated for the new body, shouldn't it be as generic and neutral as possible?  7B has very pronounced features (some in a bad way, ie boobs).  Not sure why you'd want that as a base shape.  Something along the lines of CBBE or UNPB analogies seems better as a base shape.

Archived