[CLOSED] Project C.I.T.R.U.S. - Old WIP thread

blabba

With CITRUS (future release version), what kind of scripting is needed to assign specific body preset to NPC? 

Scripting does add a high barrier to entry for people seeking to personalize NPC body shape vs. the current point-to-a-nif method.

Yes it does, more than likely someone will release an integrated way of easily doing it through MCM or something, but until then I'm sadly thinking I won't ever use it. Besides, half the fun of things like this is the hours you spend dinking in Bodyslide or OS, it really isn't about the end product.

With CITRUS (future release version), what kind of scripting is needed to assign specific body preset to NPC?

Scripting does add a high barrier to entry for people seeking to personalize NPC body shape vs. the current point-to-a-nif method.

RM+SKSE already is capable of randomizing any npc in native cod.

eff4 racemenu addon + rm morph plugin you should be able to attach/editing/deleting morphs by hand.

The scripting part I meant if someone wanna do a follower and release it with the morph setting he has either attach a script to the actor or make a quest and set it there that is not more complex than doing a oninit() with the follower as target for the morphs and an updatemorphs at the end.

It is more work to copy the morph values from the screen into the script than writing the base of such a script that is basically a sequence with any morph for CBBE/UUNP/Citrus you can have all three compatible mods in one script so simple it is.

You can also copy the morphs from bodyslide instead of racemenu for the first to so easy it is.

Phygnos did it, seams fixed!:

What seams you ask? Take a guess after looking at the pic below

NppDnHG.jpg

The correct answer is:

UV's are now matched extremely well and under 99% of cases you will not notice the slight seams in the hips/top of the butt area

• 2 weeks later...

Final update guys.

I've released the mod as I believe it is now in a sufficient enough state for people to play and use.

I will be continuing to finish and touch up things on the mod (stuff like making conversions, updating to SMP etc...)

Anyway, I thank you all for beta testing for me, and giving me ideas/feedback. I hope you all can enjoy the mod as much as I do.

Project CITRUS Release

I'm curious to know if it will be possible to use Bodyslide to assist in converting armors to the new body system. Either way, this body mod has caught my attention! Amazing work!

Ousnius/cell said he started working on adding .tri import feature for OS.

So whenever that gets done, you should be able to import and work on conversions for citrus.

Has anyone done anything for applying morphs to NPCs? How do you get the original morph information to apply? Make a female PC and save the settings you used?

Groovtama said he's planning a mod for NPC/PC morphing.

I do believe RM saves BodyMorph settings when you save as an RM preset.

As for how to apply morphs to NPC/PC it's pretty straightforward, if you open up my mod's RaceMenuCitrusMorphs source file you will find lines like these:

AddSliderEx("$Breasts GROWLF", CATEGORY_KEY, GROWLF_Breast, min, max, increment, getBodyMorph(_targetActor, "GROWLF Breast"))

Pay attention to the string at the end of the line: "GROWLF Breast", these are the actual morph names located inside the .tri files.

When you wish to apply these morphs to an actor in the game you use the following NiOverride functions:

NiOverride.SetMorphValue(ACTOR_REFERENCE, TRI_MORPH_NAME, MORPH_VALUE)
NiOverride.UpdateModelWeight(ACTOR_REFERENCE)
NiOverride.GetMorphValue(ACTOR_REFERENCE, TRI_MORPH_NAME)

ACTOR_REFERENCE is an Object Reference.

TRI_MORPH_NAME is a string of the morph's name within the .tri file.

MORPH_VALUE is a float.

There are other functions and definitions you can use located inside the nioverride.psc file if you need them as well.

edit:

Some new information from looking through my RM .ini files.

It seems expired set the default .TRI cache memory to 256 mb. Once this limit is exceeded, it will start deleting least used entries until it comes back down below this memory limit.

Players can change this limit in their .ini But I have no idea of what the consequences of doing so can be.

edit:

Some new information from looking through my RM .ini files.

It seems expired set the default .TRI cache memory to 256 mb. Once this limit is exceeded, it will start deleting least used entries until it comes back down below this memory limit.

It will also temporarily exceed the limit to load a single TRI larger than the cache. The memory limit is not strictly enforced, only regulated. If you have plenty of memory left it should be fine to raise but it's there because Skyrim can only use 4GB, and you could easily use around 1GB just on having loads of TRI files used by various armor in a single cell. The TRI files are loaded and cached to prevent stuttering as the file will be request any time an armor is morphed, it's probably really bad to have a single TRI larger than the cache as it means every request will cause reloading of the file. I went with LRU because it's probably the best option, you don't need to keep TRI files cached that haven't been used in quite some time. I could make an LRU hybrid where it keeps track of total usage and frequency but I think this is sufficient.

This is really only a factor when you have many different unique armors with TRI files and they've all been morphed, otherwise they will all share the same file if it's the same mesh.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't seem to get these sliders to work - I've tried disabling the vast majority of my mods, loading the skeleton, race menu, and citrus last in order and no avail.  Any known major conflicts that would prevent the sliders from working at all?

And yes I'm running the most recent race menu beta / xpms etc

I can't seem to get these sliders to work - I've tried disabling the vast majority of my mods, loading the skeleton, race menu, and citrus last in order and no avail.  Any known major conflicts that would prevent the sliders from working at all?

And yes I'm running the most recent race menu beta / xpms etc

Needs to be the most recent racemenu off the nexus site, not the beta.

Make sure you read instructions on the release thread and not the stuff in this thread.

Could sliders be made to modify the ear shapes, so that one could get "elf" like ears?

That should already be included in the CITRUS head mod.

This thread was more for the body, they use different systems for morphing and file formats, but essentially yes it is possible to edit/add new morphs to the heads and now the body (feet/hands included too)

Maybe i'm behind on the news, but is C.I.T.R.U.S. dead now? Say it ain't so captain orange!

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27444-closed-project-citrus-old-wip-thread/?p=1232959

It's been released a while back (and by released I mean there's still things left to do but the body itself and a very good amount of morphs and other features have been implemented enough to warrant an initial 'official' release)

I'll look into asking a moderator to help me close this thread and move any further discussion to the new thread.

Archived