Basic installation. Things don't look right at all

useronsite

edit: all has been resolved for a while

edit: below is no longer relevant. after a long night I got everything working good.

Just one issue remains and that's this:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27334-help-hdt-butt-jiggle-and-walking/

I'm not the only one with the problem. If anyone can figure out a way to resolve that that'd be great.

If you have any advice post it in that thread since we don't need two on the same thing.

----

just trying to get physics that look right working. been at this for hours with 0 luck.

Followed this guide here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25482-setup-step-by-step-setup-basics-for-hdt-physics-extension/

Here's what I've done so far:

Installed SKSE a while ago.
Installed CBBE for a custom body and used bodyslide for the CBBE BBP/ TBBP bodies. Can't tell what difference either makes, but I've tried them both.
Installed realistic ragdolls and force
Installed xp32 maximum skeleton extended through Nexus Mod Manager. Accepted to overwrite things in realistic ragdolls.

I put the zip in the NMM folder and activated it which led me through the installer. Installed all the HDT things through it that are required.
Downloaded the HDT files from here http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/625-hdt-physics-extension-v12-29-latest/ and put them in my SKSE/plugins folder.

All vanilla animations. Tried with and without the skeleton.hx file in char assets.
Seems to be working. The breasts move as my character does.. but they just look weird. They look really long and tubey.. but they didn't the first time I launched the game after doing all this. they looked a bit smaller and more squished. Bottom seems a bit jittery. No real movement, but it seems to be effected.

I tried different XML files. Each one made them look worse than the last and the movement wasn't every very smooth. Kind of jittery rather than close to natural.
Tried with some different animations. Didn't seem to make a difference and made it so when I jumped the breasts just completely glitched out.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, game crashes when closing it. When I hit quit, it crashes instead of closing properly.

1. Optimize Havok in skyrim.ini to your processor's thread count, this should help the FPS/smoothness a lot

2. If using ENB's make sure to set waitbusyrender = true if your FPS can handle it.

3. Don't delete the skeleton.hkx file if you installed the file from Groovtama's XPMSE install

4. XML's are customized to the author's preference and Body Type. If you simply don't like how one looks or it doesn't match your character's body type. Your best bet is to download a copy of JFF and tweak settings.

5. If your crashing, please look in the SKSE/Plugins folder for a hdt.log file and post it's contents here (change it to hdt.txt or use a spoiler and copy paste the text)

You'll have to excuse me if these answers seem vague/not detailed/no links provided. All these tweaks have been mentioned in a bunch of other similar threads such as this and I completely understand that the lack of a solid guide or tutorial thread is what's causing these numerous re-posts and such. I've honestly been meaning to make some sort of thread like that so these step by step stuff could help eliminate similar easily solved inquiries (It's just that the last week was hectic for me so never got around to doing it, lame excuse I know)

Also, since your using CBBE BodySlide, and hopefully you don't mind indulging me, you could maybe try this body as well?: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25750-hdt-body/

Edit: Difference between TBBP and BBP is mainly butt bounce (with some difference in breast bounce)

When I said smoothness I meant the physics appearance. Though I will do those steps as said.

1. To do that, would I add something like: (random exmaple found online)
"[HAVOK]
iNumThreads=2
bHavokDebug=0
fMaxTime=0.0157
bDebugMultithreaded=0"
to my Skyrim.ini?

I'm running a i5-3450. 3.10 GHZ, quadcore. Do I leave fmaxtime the same?
Speccy says I have 4 threads, but I noticed in some log file it said:
'hdtPhysicsExtensions
[02/18/14 00:29:02]INFO: Queue OK
[02/18/14 00:29:02]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load
[02/18/14 00:29:04]INFO: System run with 8 threads"

2. will try this out.

3. will keep it :D

4. Makes sense, but is it normal for the default to look so.. bad? I'll try JFF out.

5. Isn't a log file, so I guess it isn't hdt causing the crash?
It happens everytime I exit the game. hopefully its not really a problem since its not happening during gameplay.

I really want to get the moving hairs, but before that I'd like to get my character's physical features moving around and looking correctly.

I'll look at your link. thanks for the reply.

1. Yeap, if you have hyper-threading enabled then you can bump up the threads to 8 (HT doubles the threads of your processor's cores)

You can use windows task manager to let you know how many threads you have, 8 is the current maximum unless your dunning some sort of freaky workstation with 2 processors on it or something ridiculous like that

You can leave the maxtime to defaults or whatever you prefer. The inumThread is the key part, for some reason Beth left default Havok to be single thread, no idea why...

4. Nah, default shouldn't look too 'bad' but then again this is all personal choice and is completely subjective, I have no idea what you think is bad ;)

5. If no log file generated then it's not this mod causing the issue, you ahve some other mod causing the issue and you should probably check it out, could be causing a host of other hidden issues that may come to haunt you big time later.

Glad my post could help even though it was so vague xD

1. Yeap, if you have hyper-threading enabled then you can bump up the threads to 8 (HT doubles the threads of your processor's cores)

You can use windows task manager to let you know how many threads you have, 8 is the current maximum unless your dunning some sort of freaky workstation with 2 processors on it or something ridiculous like that

You can leave the maxtime to defaults or whatever you prefer. The inumThread is the key part, for some reason Beth left default Havok to be single thread, no idea why...

4. Nah, default shouldn't look too 'bad' but then again this is all personal choice and is completely subjective, I have no idea what you think is bad ;)

5. If no log file generated then it's not this mod causing the issue, you ahve some other mod causing the issue and you should probably check it out, could be causing a host of other hidden issues that may come to haunt you big time later.

Glad my post could help even though it was so vague xD

No hyperthreading. So 4 it is :) not really noticing a performance increase

and by bad I meant imagine big tubes of jelly stretched out. X.X after the reinstall it doesn't look nearly like it did.

I think the crash is from the XP32 skeleton.

----

Thanks clp, I actually reinstalled using that one instead.

I was following this guide on here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24907-get-a-customized-jiggly-female-player-char-with-body-physics-from-scratch-cbbe-tbbp-hdt/

I used bodyslide 2 and the Advanced TPPB body from the list.

The breasts don't look nearly as bad as they did before. They look much more normal than last time. and they actually seem to be moving okay too. Much more naturally. I just have the Dragonfly animations or whatever installed. When jumping, they don't look as exagerrated before and they aren't jittery. The Havok object thing seems to be working too. I tried out one of those idles to see if it would. It isn't as exagerrated as in the examples, but I also don't have a watermelon chest going on here. Size seems to effect how much they move.

Still meaning to try JFF in a bit.

The bottom slider in racemenu works so the TPPB body seems to be fine.. but I'm definitely not seeing any rear movement at all except when my character comes to a stop. Then it bounces, but it doesn't move otherwise.

This thread shows someone using the same setup who also can't get it working and like myself, only happens when they're standing still.

www.loverslab.com/topic/27334-help-hdt-butt-jiggle-and-walking/

I see no explanation to the problem or a fix to it in this thread anywhere. Anyone know what to do?

Also, I've searched for Just For Fun/ JFF on this site and can't find it. Where can I download it at?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25491-hdthavokmodifier-just-for-fun-jff-v4/

Make sure your body has butt paints (if it's TBBP default it should have)

Make sure that your using the correct skeleton, this skelly is HIGHLY recommended:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/676-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/

Again post your log file if you can for further troubleshooting help (you should have 1 regardless of having an error or not, if you've run the game with HDT enabled it'll generate it at least once)

is hdtphysicextensions my log?

hdtPhysicsExtensions
[02/18/14 02:41:33]INFO: Queue OK
[02/18/14 02:41:33]INFO: System run with 8 threads
[02/18/14 02:41:33]INFO: Havok simulated world created.
[02/18/14 02:41:33]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load
[02/18/14 02:42:04]INFO: Physics system loaded : Data\skse\plugins\hdt.xml
[02/18/14 02:42:04]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 24947a40 NPC L PreBreast - bone doesn't exist
[02/18/14 02:42:04]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 24947a40 NPC L PreBreast - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!
[02/18/14 02:42:05]INFO: Physics system loaded : Data\skse\plugins\hdt.xml
[02/18/14 02:42:08]INFO: Cell changed...
[02/18/14 02:42:08]INFO: Add character 000ddf87
[02/18/14 02:42:08]INFO: Add character 00000014
[02/18/14 02:43:45]INFO: Cell changed...
[02/18/14 02:43:45]INFO: Add character 00000014
[02/18/14 02:43:49]INFO: Cell changed...
[02/18/14 02:43:49]INFO: Add character 000ddf87
[02/18/14 02:43:49]INFO: Add character 00000014
[02/18/14 02:44:48]INFO: Cell changed...
[02/18/14 02:44:48]INFO: Add character 00000014
[02/18/14 02:44:49]INFO: Cell changed...
[02/18/14 02:44:49]INFO: Add character 000ddf87
[02/18/14 02:44:49]INFO: Add character 00000014

I'm spawning by an NPC everytime. Not sure whats going on with the NPC's left bone not existing lol.

Downloaded Just For Fun. The only thing that resembles a tutorial doesn't really tell me how to import things into it and get started. Nonetheless, I opened up Outfit Studio and loaded in my model to check the paints and there is one for each side of the rear.

Keep in mind, the bottom jiggle is working a little bit. When my character comes to a stop, its quite noticeable that it shakes around.. the problem is it just doesn't happen other times. I uninstalled the animations I was using. Everything looked pretty much fine, but still only jiggle when coming to a stop. Seeing as another user had the exact same situation as me I don't think its something I'm doing wrong.

and I'm using that exact skeleton you linked :D

I also installed your HDT bodyslide and selected HDT body and hit create. Main thing I noticed to be different was the breasts are much more flattened looking (sliders could easily fix that) and the havok object no longer works. The physics while walking are great, but the rest of them seem kind of jittery. Reverting to cbbe advanced uppb goes back to no jitter.

Apart from the no jiggle while running and crash on exit, everything seems to be working great.

Edit: Found the crash-on-exit source.

Its HDT. Happens when exiting the main menu.

edit2: aaand everything is jittery again. no idea what I did. this is frustrating. tried reinstalling everything, still there. meh

edit3: Okay. Finally, resolved the jitteryness.

.. like I was first told to set my cores and change the enb setting. I did those and then had things going good.

Well, when trying to find out why my game was crashing on exit I reverted those things.

.. out of all the mods, I didn't think those were the acutal jittery cure but putting those settings back as was suggested fixed the issue.

phew, glad thats over with.

still not sure why HDT crashes me when I close the game but since its only happening when I click the quit button, it might not be a big deal.

edit4:

Googling around has shown me that this is normal.

Even Monstro says he gets the crash on exit:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25511-is-there-a-fix-for-crash-to-desktop-on-exit-skyrim/?p=642925

so I think everything is solved then with the exception of getting booty jiggly physics. not really a big deal since I like to wear clothes, but I just want things as good as can be.

is hdtphysicextensions my log?

hdtPhysicsExtensions

[02/18/14 02:41:33]INFO: Queue OK

[02/18/14 02:41:33]INFO: System run with 8 threads

[02/18/14 02:41:33]INFO: Havok simulated world created.

[02/18/14 02:41:33]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load

[02/18/14 02:42:04]INFO: Physics system loaded : Data\skse\plugins\hdt.xml

[02/18/14 02:42:04]WARNING: Cannot bind bone : 24947a40 NPC L PreBreast - bone doesn't exist

[02/18/14 02:42:04]ERROR: Illegal hkx file : 24947a40 NPC L PreBreast - Fixed/Keyframed body without binding!

[02/18/14 02:42:05]INFO: Physics system loaded : Data\skse\plugins\hdt.xml

[02/18/14 02:42:08]INFO: Cell changed...

[02/18/14 02:42:08]INFO: Add character 000ddf87

[02/18/14 02:42:08]INFO: Add character 00000014

[02/18/14 02:43:45]INFO: Cell changed...

[02/18/14 02:43:45]INFO: Add character 00000014

[02/18/14 02:43:49]INFO: Cell changed...

[02/18/14 02:43:49]INFO: Add character 000ddf87

[02/18/14 02:43:49]INFO: Add character 00000014

[02/18/14 02:44:48]INFO: Cell changed...

[02/18/14 02:44:48]INFO: Add character 00000014

[02/18/14 02:44:49]INFO: Cell changed...

[02/18/14 02:44:49]INFO: Add character 000ddf87

[02/18/14 02:44:49]INFO: Add character 00000014

I'm spawning by an NPC everytime. Not sure whats going on with the NPC's left bone not existing lol.

Downloaded Just For Fun. The only thing that resembles a tutorial doesn't really tell me how to import things into it and get started. Nonetheless, I opened up Outfit Studio and loaded in my model to check the paints and there is one for each side of the rear.

Keep in mind, the bottom jiggle is working a little bit. When my character comes to a stop, its quite noticeable that it shakes around.. the problem is it just doesn't happen other times. I uninstalled the animations I was using. Everything looked pretty much fine, but still only jiggle when coming to a stop. Seeing as another user had the exact same situation as me I don't think its something I'm doing wrong.

and I'm using that exact skeleton you linked :D

I also installed your HDT bodyslide and selected HDT body and hit create. Main thing I noticed to be different was the breasts are much more flattened looking and the havok object no longer works. I tried the body I used before through your bodyslide and my character's face became very dark, like light was hitting it differently than the body. reverted to body studio 2.0 and regenerated and it went back to normal

Apart from the no jiggle while running and crash on exit, everything seems to be working great.

Edit: Found the crash-on-exit source.

Its HDT. Happens when exiting the main menu.

edit2: aaand everything is jittery again. no idea what I did. this is frustrating. tried reinstalling everything, still there. meh

edit3: Okay. Finally, resolved the jitteryness.

.. like I was first told to set my cores and change the enb setting. I did those and then had things going good.

Well, when trying to find out why my game was crashing on exit I reverted those things.

.. out of all the mods, I didn't think those were the acutal jittery cure but putting those settings back as was suggested fixed the issue.

phew, glad thats over with.

still not sure why HDT crashes me when I close the game but since its only happening when I click the quit button, it might not be a big deal.

edit4:

Googling around has shown me that this is normal.

Even Monstro says he gets the crash on exit:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25511-is-there-a-fix-for-crash-to-desktop-on-exit-skyrim/?p=642925

so I think everything is solved then with the exception of getting booty jiggly physics. not really a big deal since I like to wear clothes, but I just want things as good as can be.

[18/02/14 02:42:04] WARNING: Can not bind bone: 24947a40 NPC L PreBreast - bone does not exist

The ID suggests that the NPC is a Custom Race.

Probably missing in the mesh, but rather in the skeleton of the Custom Race bones.

Try, to install a compatible skeleton for this race.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25971-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/

The only NPC near me is just a nord I think. Its the one by Riverwood in the little cabin. The old magician lady.
Like I've said multiple times, I'm using that skeleton.

Having another issue now of course.

Characters breasts seem to get stuck upward when entering the racemenu.

The worst part is that if I save the game after making changes in the race menu and load that save up, they're stuck like they were but if I load up an older save they aren't.

Uinstalled HDT and made char changes the reinstalled. Nope. Still messed up.

edit:
Its being caused by the HDT hairstyle. When I select the hairstyle her breasts get messed up. When I select another, they relax to a normal position.

Tried some things out and it seems to happen without fail every time.

any workaround to this?

edit2:
I believe the conflict is caused by Havok Object. So I guess its one or the other. I can live without the object, the hairstyle is too cool

edit3:

confirmed it is.

uneqipping havok object fixes the issue entirely. so whenever using the hairstyle I can just unequip it and then use it with other hairs.

The only NPC near me is just a nord I think. Its the one by Riverwood in the little cabin. The old magician lady.

Like I've said multiple times, I'm using that skeleton.

Having another issue now of course.

Characters breasts seem to get stuck upward when entering the racemenu.

The worst part is that if I save the game after making changes in the race menu and load that save up, they're stuck like they were but if I load up an older save they aren't.

Uinstalled HDT and made char changes the reinstalled. Nope. Still messed up.

edit:

Its being caused by the HDT hairstyle. When I select the hairstyle her breasts get messed up. When I select another, they relax to a normal position.

Tried some things out and it seems to happen without fail every time.

any workaround to this?

edit2:

I believe the conflict is caused by Havok Object. So I guess its one or the other. I can live without the object, the hairstyle is too cool

edit3:

confirmed it is.

uneqipping havok object fixes the issue entirely. so whenever using the hairstyle I can just unequip it and then use it with other hairs.

Even if for followers is a Nord, there are mods that override the defaults.

And the id of your followers is not default.

It may be that your follower a skeleton has been installed.

HDT Hair Physic and Breast collision are currently - my knowledge-not compatible.

Either hair physics or breast  collision.

HDT Havok Object is not the reason.

It switches so to speak, only the "Breast collision" free.

And breast collision + Hair physics is really not recommended - at the moment.

If you're in racemenu, it may happen that the breast-physics stops.

This is not tragic, make your settings in Racemenu and then save the game. After loading the game again HDT is "ready for use".

Just unequipping havok object seems to fix any issues or changing hairs and keeping it on.

I don't have any followers (fresh save file for mod experimentation) or follower-related mods. Dunno' what the deal is, but there doesn't seem to be any negative effects while playing so I'm not sure if its something to worry about.

now for me to see if there's anyway to get better working rear jiggle for CBBE:

if anyone has any advice or comments on this use that thread as we don't need two for the same thing.

Just unequipping havok object seems to fix any issues or changing hairs and keeping it on.

I don't have any followers (fresh save file for mod experimentation) or follower-related mods. Dunno' what the deal is, but there doesn't seem to be any negative effects while playing so I'm not sure if its something to worry about.

now for me to see if there's anyway to get better working rear jiggle for CBBE:

if anyone has any advice or comments on this use that thread as we don't need two for the same thing.

For information only.

Today I converted some armor to TBBP with mesh Rigger.

It really happens is that NPC R Breast01 was created, but NPC L Breast01 NOT.

Maybe you have such an armor.

ID 24947a40 - can of course be any NPC

Archived