[WIP] Alluvian Race (Slime People)

xenic

I've always thought this mod sounded interesting, but I'm used to slime girls being all one color, transparent, and having a refraction effect going on, it looks like that isn't the case with this mod judging from the pictures though. Are you trying to make that a change, or is that impossible?

It may be possible but it's outside what I know how to do. I have a lot of things I'd like to do with it but I'm not sure if it's possible. 

I've always thought this mod sounded interesting, but I'm used to slime girls being all one color, transparent, and having a refraction effect going on, it looks like that isn't the case with this mod judging from the pictures though. Are you trying to make that a change, or is that impossible?

It may be possible but it's outside what I know how to do. I have a lot of things I'd like to do with it but I'm not sure if it's possible. 

Well, from what I've seen about refection on weapons and armor, you basically have to make another mesh that is identical or almost identical to the shape and size of the transparent colored part of the mesh (I think just making a copy of that mesh would work) and then on that mesh, set the first two texture paths to point to the normal map texture, and then you have to mess with some of the check boxes under the Shader Flags tab, under the first Shader Flags tab there is an option that starts off as "Refrac", and that box needs to be checked along with a few others (I don't remember which ones though). But as you said, I'm not sure if that would work on a body mesh. I've never experimented to see if that would work myself.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been able to get transparency on character models using this guide: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1188259-bslightingshaderproperty-basics/

4. Transparency/Alpha

Requirements
automatically enabled for outer layer if using MultiLayer Parallax shader, otherwise:
requires that a NiAlphaProperty be added to the NiTriShape (right-click NitriShape – Node>Attach Property>NiAlphaProperty)

Appearance Controller(s)
NiAlphaProperty => Flags (double-click to view settings)
BSLightingShaderProperty => Alpha
BSShaderTextureSet => diffuse map (RGB) + transparency/opacity map (Alpha) (slot 1)

NiTriShapeData => Vertex Colors (Alpha)

Alpha ranges from 0 to 1

- 0 is fully transparent (invisible)
            - 1 is fully visible (opaque)

transparency map is a greyscale image in the alpha image channel of the diffuse
            - black is fully transparent (invisible) *dependent on flags set in NiAlphaProperty block details
            - white is fully visible (opaque) *dependent on flags set in NiAlphaProperty block details

- transparency increases as shade approaches black *dependent on flags set in NiAlphaProperty block details

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived