[WIP] Alluvian Race (Slime People)

xenic

• 3 months later...

Nice! Do you plan on giving their bodies some transparency? It would look really cool, even though that would probably mess the face... Maybe getting opaque from the neck upwards?

Refining the texture will come but I'll be grateful to anyone that wants to help. The problem with transparency is the armor. The underside would look black or gray. a faux transparency might work though

maybe you can add one custom armour? something like an old half corroded armor glued on "skin"

well this will end all problem with sl wrong positions...

Nice! Do you plan on giving their bodies some transparency? It would look really cool, even though that would probably mess the face... Maybe getting opaque from the neck upwards?

Refining the texture will come but I'll be grateful to anyone that wants to help. The problem with transparency is the armor. The underside would look black or gray. a faux transparency might work though

maybe you can add one custom armour? something like an old half corroded armor glued on "skin"

I need to completely redo the body texture out of something else. Maybe another color or a smaller color block.

I need to completely redo the body texture out of something else. Maybe another color or a smaller color block.

i found that mod on nexus that could be helpfull (maybe)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29123/?

Feel free to use and modify what  I did if it helps. No need for credits either.

I think I missed something. What did you do?

• 1 month later...

this mod looks awesome hopefully the author doesn't give up on this

Alot of my modding I have put on hold. My desktop PC died and I can only play on my laptop. I also have a lot going on right now. Hopefully in the new year I can get back to my projects.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I took a look at the communal pool area, and I have some suggestions to its development. I noticed that there is a very deep pool of water in there atm for the pool. My thought was you don't really need to have it that deep, or even need the water at all honestly.  (brainstorming) Take all the "crystal" structures and move them all to the ceiling so that they protrude down from it at differing lengths, maybe cut the crystals girth/width by....half. As I mentioned before the water isn't really necessary you could make the "bowl" of the pool like a pond (shallow on the edges and gets deeper as you head toward the middle chest/nipple deep at its deepest point) and extend its width to nearly the whole floor of the cavern its in with the exception of the stairs maybe an alter or statue of the Alluvian's deity (Dibella was it?) and the area leading to the passage to blackreach . Then take that glowing goo that's on the ground around the "slime pots" in blackreach and place it all the way across the pool at the height where the surface of the water would be (if you want some splashy can put actual water beneath the slimes surface) lastly you may or may not want some sort of large rotating jagged looking or diamond shaped crystal (or maybe even a retextured eye of magnus) floating in the air high above the pool's center to give the indication it is the source of the pool's ability to create life.

Damn I got quite carried away there lol, That is the vision that appears in my mind anyway maybe it will help? :)

I had a similar thought as well. I've learned a lot since I first made that area and I can probably do something like this a lot easier now. I hadn't thought about an eye of magnus. It would be cool if I could create a green effect from the eye.

Hi all, I messed up my skyrim install again (not the fault of the mod here :P). I admit I don't really have the motivation to repair it for now.

Anyway the reason I'm telling this is that I was trying to work on textures on my side side.

I used gimp with the dds plugin and the normal map plugin, a plugin to rescale the pattern and an utility called xnormal to convert the normal map to object space map (msn).

I came up with a femalebody_1.dds and femalebody_1_msn.dds

The catch is that I couldn't test it... It could really be horribly wrong. Since I won't be working on it until I finally get my install working, I give you my work:

The xcf file is the gimp file itself with most of the layer still intact

the jpeg is the slime texture I used as a pattern

And the texture results of my work.

Hope it will help...

Remember it's just the body, no hands no head. The download is big because of the gimp file sorry about that.

https://www.mediafire.com/?hihz4x9ohtc97l8

Here goes.

I have an idea. I'm going to try out the new texture and get back to ya. (Sorry for the long absence)

EDIT: I tried the texture and it looks good. It might not work with the head though.

• 2 months later...

pleas make this cbbe! also if you making your slime people i have have a few idea's that might help. for making tenticle like legs and stuff like you thought you might make u can use the race compatibility and also maybe use custom races mod as a base at first so you only have to do retextures and meshes and get the race out there. also for mabey a cool dripping animation use something present in the game like durnivir that undead dragon in the soul carn's almost dripping slimy animimation but retuxture it to you slime and walla you might just have yourself a drip :) also maybe isntead of making it a part of black reach just make it it's own thing just blackreach style.  call it alvariia and have maybe a small quest line were maybe  you save there race from evil slime monsters and with the help of a slime dragon? you could have the dragon be a cursed affliced version of a dragon that perite thought it was a funny joke making a dragon like that because he was depiked a dragon (perite is the deadric god of pestilence just in case if you dont know.) then have it that this orb that you want to have that make the alvarians was made by perite and have them mabey even be perite worshipes and that would make this a totally lore friendly mod that wouldn't conflict or anything with gameplay but actually add something to a almost put on the back seat daedric lord. also i thought make maybe the affliced barf thing there special attack "Vile Vapor" i think and have it like a spell that cost litte magica.

then them being slime that would make them phisically resistant to damage because you know it's would be like sticking a fork in a jar of jelly so mabey damage resistance but mabey a magic weakness? But give them mabey a magica regen bonus so they would be good mages.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

wonder it is possible to make textures slightly transparent?

when I went to search I was thinking something along the lines of Suu from daily life with a monster girl.

this image here
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dailylifewithamonstergirl/images/5/55/Tumblr_nojwjtUKNr1sqqtwzo2_1280.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151021121814

Funny enough i already had the temptress mod installed just never went looking for them. 

I was wondering how to get transparency on body to get the answer impossible and more or less gived up on this but since I got an idea that I didn't had time to pursue for now.

There is some ghosts in the game ( on king olaf verse quest for exemple but they use this system at other place too) and if you figure out what was used on them too make them ethereal you may well have the solution for your slim race already done by bethesda.

• 4 months later...

I've always thought this mod sounded interesting, but I'm used to slime girls being all one color, transparent, and having a refraction effect going on, it looks like that isn't the case with this mod judging from the pictures though. Are you trying to make that a change, or is that impossible?

Archived