BBB for Fallout

DoctorL

Rant on:

I think i am gonna have to spill this really easily before i get any more smart ass comments. First of all this is a legit copy. i don't own high speed internet so downloading 4 gig of software right now is out of my league. My money budget isn't either. Newer games maybe but the older new Vegas still require the disk in your dvd drive before you can even start the install procedure without my legit disk i cannot install capische !!!

Rant off..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's needs animations that use those bones.  That's why it isn't finished.  You won't see any difference until I or someone else makes animations using those bones.  I have little experience with animating (very little) and I'm a stickler for making them look as natural as I can given the constraints, so it will take time.

oh so like new walking,jumping,crawling animations?  

crap animations is something i simply tried and cannot learn xD that an uv maps giving me so much problem 

But i wanted to learn it anyways since fallout NEEDS a crawling on four legs or sexyer walk Animation and noone gona do it for me hehe so =)

Tried Weighting the Butt with breast bounce actually works fine until using animations that stretches the body lol

Because it maybe could be easyer to Duplicate the Breasts bounce Bones and rename them to Butt.L

but if i just take the bone and duplicate and rename it, will make me crash

but i would indeed prefer bbb anyways it looks alot more realistic and i converted alot of oblivion stuff

do you have a link to a nice tutorial for anims or creating skeletons?

i see alot of armature video's but noone shows how to edit that Green Skeleton, well i cannot find any but there must be some =o

i have 2 weeks left off work so i will try to search tutorials today and see

do you have a link to a nice tutorial for anims or creating skeletons?

Unfortunately, no.  I cobbled together what little ability I do have from multiple tutorials I've happened across and/or trial and error.

Will it work if i just put oblivion animations in the folder?

If it were that easy, I'd be done.  

There are several reasons this won't work.  The skeleton for oblivion is different.  It is enough so that it will look like people are missing a section of their spine when moving among other skeleton related issues.  Also, the nature of movement in Fallout is different from Oblivion.  Moving and firing with a gun is a great deal different than moving and firing with a bow and arrow for example.  

There are several reasons this won't work.  The skeleton for oblivion is different.

I never used it but I saw animations converted from Oblivion to Fallout and they worked pretty fine. There's a tool from Gerra that allows this kind of things, don't know how hard it is using it or how much result files need to be tweaked anyway, porting things is often not allowed so I tend to avoid it

Will it work if i just put oblivion animations in the folder?

No it won.t work the skeleton from 1 game cannot be used in a different game. the only Exception is Fallout 3 and New Vegas since they where created by the same engine and Geck tools. and also skeleton where very similar.

If you want to be able to use oblivion to fallout you need to convert the animation. But this part is not easy with just gerra script there is still stuff you need to manually adjust or else the animation will look totally different then it was.

The rotations for skeleton in oblivion is different then fallout This part is what makes it difficult to convert since the pelvis and spine for oblivion is from different height and angle and will look different for fallout skeleton.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well Bethesda is having their first ever press conference at E3 this year, so lets hope to an announcement for the a new Fallout game. If a new Fallout game does come out soon, I think Bethesda said at some point that they would use a variation of the Skyrim engine. If that turns out to be the case, we could always get HDT physics for the new Fallout (which would be amazing).

Trying to create a beautiful female character (with realistic body movements) always felt way too time consuming to me personally. I just felt it wasn't really worth it. Lets hope the next Fallout is as easy to mod as Skyrim. Though I would like to thank you guys for trying. Without people like you willing to put time and effort into making a mod, these Bethesda games wouldn't be nearly as amazing.

(Obviously without mods, I still would've played and beaten them all many times, but I probably wouldn't have put thousands of hours into them :D )

There are several reasons this won't work.  The skeleton for oblivion is different.

I never used it but I saw animations converted from Oblivion to Fallout and they worked pretty fine. There's a tool from Gerra that allows this kind of things, don't know how hard it is using it or how much result files need to be tweaked anyway, porting things is often not allowed so I tend to avoid it

This is a very good point and would have jumpstarted the entire process, but due to the "broken disk" episode, it looks like this whole project is nearly dead, I would have looked into using the skeleton and mesh from the Newtant Race, it already has decent breast movement, but perhaps the buttocks aspect would not have worked there.

• 1 year later...

I know this is old, but testing the DMRA.nif seems there is a lot there to work with, and using the skeleton on post #35 does allow most of to function, except the hands.

Oblivion still has us beat for now, I'm going to take a look if I can do anything about that!

• 2 months later...

Archived