View File

This compressed file contains the following saves:

Empire Campaign Complete

Stormcloak Campaign Complete

Empire Campaign Complete + Alduin Dead

Stormcloak Campaign Complete + Alduin Dead

I ran through on god mode (tgm console command). You will be level 1. Use "showracemenu" to set your preferred race/appearance. After you unpack the saves, place them into your Documents > My Games > Skyrim > Saves folder, or wherever your save files are located.

I originally made these for myself. I've hit that modding wall way to many times and got tired of restarting. I'm glad so many of you are enjoying them as well. I will probably work on more saves such as the DLC campaigns. But here is the question. Would anyone enjoy a save with all of the Hearthfire homes built?

I also have this on the Nexus http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43207/?

I plan on doing more of these as time allows. Which one should I do next? and under which save?

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/12/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim
  • Special Edition Compatible

You should complete one with only defeating alduin first and then with those 5 saves do dragonborn and then dawnguard. This gets the main quests out of the way while leaving plenty of content left over.

You should leave hearthfire sice it doesn't take long to build each home and because of the large customisation that is possible.

I've tried a number of these convenience saves only to discover that the creator had some scripted mod running, creating all sorts of oddball issues with the game.

Question is what mod dependencies these will have?

I did all of these unmodded. I used the console commands "TCL" (no clipping) and "TGM" (god mode) to blaze through the game quickly. So no scripts or mods required.

How safe is it to use showracemenu in the middle of a game? Last time I used that comand in the middle of a game all my skills were screwed up. Some skills over 90 were reset to 15 and other skills at 15 were set to over 90 while perks were still assigned.

I think it's fine as long as you enter godmode 1st. However when you start this you are level  1. I didn't invest any points.

You should complete one with only defeating alduin first and then with those 5 saves do dragonborn and then dawnguard. This gets the main quests out of the way while leaving plenty of content left over.

You should leave hearthfire sice it doesn't take long to build each home and because of the large customisation that is possible.

I think I'm going to start with the "Stormcloak Campaign Complete + Alduin Dead" save, clear dragonborn and dawnguard. I'll have to get both sides in for dawnguard though. Then I'll do the  "Empire Campaign Complete + Alduin Dead" and do the same thing. The only downside is those have level checks so I'll have to up something. I'll probably just up health. 

Too bad there isn't some program where you could custom make a save with exactly the quests you want completed. Kind of like if you're in the middle of a game and have to make a new character but don't want to repeat all the quests you've repeated 10 times already. Already repeated most of the Thieves Guild questline line including killing Mercer, done the Dark brotherhood up to killing Gaius Maro, completed the Dawnguard questline Dawmguard side and the Skyrim main questline up to retrieving the Dragon Elder Scroll in BlackReach plus about half of the Daedric quests. I get 60-70 hours into a game before finding a glitch/bug that can't be fixed and have to restart yet again.

Too bad there isn't some program where you could custom make a save with exactly the quests you want completed. Kind of like if you're in the middle of a game and have to make a new character but don't want to repeat all the quests you've repeated 10 times already. Already repeated most of the Thieves Guild questline line including killing Mercer, done the Dark brotherhood up to killing Gaius Maro, completed the Dawnguard questline Dawmguard side and the Skyrim main questline up to retrieving the Dragon Elder Scroll in BlackReach plus about half of the Daedric quests. I get 60-70 hours into a game before finding a glitch/bug that can't be fixed and have to restart yet again.

I found a mod like that awhile back on Nexus. It was a good idea but it bugged out horribly. The saves work better since you don't have to rely on a mod.

Yeah. Just tired of getting so far into a game then finding bugs that can't be fixed. My last character I had to delete cause several NPC's were perma-essential no matter what I did to try and fix it. Finally hit lvl80 and was approached by The Ebony Warrior. Almost 15 minutes to beat him only to find him tagged as essential for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Omega1084

How safe is it to use showracemenu in the middle of a game? Last time I used that comand in the middle of a game all my skills were screwed up. Some skills over 90 were reset to 15 and other skills at 15 were set to over 90 while perks were still assigned.

You should use something called ShowRaceMenu Alternative, it's on the Nexus.

It'll let you change your appearance and race without losing progress and skills.

Also, to the OP, thank you. Q__Q

I've tried to remind myself to keep a spare save file for testing mods and all that but I keep forgetting and I end up with a broken save file quite often. Anyway, I was looking around for a save file that did only the Civil War crap so I wouldn't have to deal with it and none of the ones I ran into do. They either do only the main questline or just start off after Helgen or finish everything so thoroughly there's no point to playing.

Thank you so much, sir~ ;w;

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Strange, it should have no skills spent. About the helmets, I forgot to dump the inventory. And I'm not sure how you have rockjoint. It's possible it got contracted while in god mode. Walk to the closet shrine to heal yourself.

• 2 years later...
Guest castielxlt

File Name: Xenic's Convenient Saves

File Submitter: xenic

File Submitted: 12 Feb 2014

File Category: Other

Requires: Skyrim

This compressed file contains the following saves:

Empire Campaign Complete

Stormcloak Campaign Complete

Empire Campaign Complete + Alduin Dead

Stormcloak Campaign Complete + Alduin Dead

I ran through on god mode (tgm console command). You will be level 1. Use "showracemenu" to set your preferred race/appearance. After you unpack the saves, place them into your Documents > My Games > Skyrim > Saves folder, or wherever your save files are located.

I originally made these for myself. I've hit that modding wall way to many times and got tired of restarting. I'm glad so many of you are enjoying them as well. I will probably work on more saves such as the DLC campaigns. But here is the question. Would anyone enjoy a save with all of the Hearthfire homes built?

I also have this on the Nexus http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43207/?

I plan on doing more of these as time allows. Which one should I do next? and under which save?

EDIT: I did all of these unmodded. I used the console commands "TCL" (no clipping) and "TGM" (god mode) to blaze through the game quickly. So no scripts or mods required.

download.png

Click here to download this file

thanks