ENB problems with Mod Organizer

Guest NeonFirefly

Guest NeonFirefly

After doing a clean reinstallation of Skyrim the other day, I decided to make the switch from NMM to Mod Organizer, and like many people before me, I was astonished at how much better MO is. There's only one little problem.

I've researched this pretty thoroughly, and the fact that I can't find mention of a problem like this anywhere else on the internet tells me that A) it's a unique problem to me and my game/MO, or B) it's got a solution so blindingly, glaringly obvious that nobody's bothered to mention it, and I'm a fool for not noticing it.

The thing is, when I launch SKSE from Mod Organizer, ENBs simply do not work. At all. They just make the screen go completely black with occasional flickers of color. Now, every other mod works fine for me, AND when I launch SKSE without MO, the ENB works perfectly fine as well. The tradeoff is, of course, that if I don't launch it through MO, I can't use any other mods I've installed with it.

I tested this with three different ENB presets (Opethfeldt, Unbleak and Somber), and the result was always the same: won't work when launched from MO, works fine when launched without MO.

Has anyone else had this problem? Am I missing something totally obvious? Should I be putting the ENB files in the MO folder instead of the Skyrim folder, or what? I'm stumped.

EDIT: I realized that the one thing every preset I'd tested with MO had in common was that they used ENB version 250. So I dug up my ancient Wintertide ENB files (which uses 121212), and lo and behold, it worked. So MO's problem seems to be with that specific version, 250.

EDIT #2: It's not version 250 that's the problem. It's enbhost.exe. I'm finding enhost error messages, and sure enough, all my old ENB presets that don't use enbhost work fine. Now I just gotta figure out how to fix enbhost... ugh. :dodgy:

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same issue. I started from scratch again and decided to try out MO. Have everything installed, even RCRN, but my ENBs no longer work when running the game. I haven't played in months and now I feel as if I've regressed and become a bonehead mod user or missing some extremely obvious solution.

EDIT: Problem solved for me, and it really was just some bonehead shit on my end. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. I started from scratch again and decided to try out MO. Have everything installed, even RCRN, but my ENBs no longer work when running the game. I haven't played in months and now I feel as if I've regressed and become a bonehead mod user or missing some extremely obvious solution.

EDIT: Problem solved for me, and it really was just some bonehead shit on my end. 

Would you still tell what that bonehead shit was so others can solve this too if they are stuck? ^^

• 3 months later...

Great topic, I'm having trouble installing skin textures as well, though that may be relevant to this subject. Anyways, I noticed that the textures and meshes folder isn't in its usual spot. The only ENB I could get working (sort of) was Natural Lighting ENB preset. Now I am getting this result.

59030.jpg

Any ideas would be highly appreciated. Thanks. :D

Guest endgameaddiction

It looks like your bFloatPointRenderTarget isn't set to 1 in your .ini file.

Make sure the preset you are using requires this. That's what it looks like to me.

It looks like your bFloatPointRenderTarget isn't set to 1 in your .ini file.

Make sure the preset you are using requires this. That's what it looks like to me.

Correct, I tried this, and still the same result sadly besides removing the warning it gives you in the top left. I set it in MO and in my Games folder. This time I tried it with Somber 3 ENB and still the same. Thank you for the reply by the way! 

Guest endgameaddiction

I had the same exact same problem with Somber 3 when it came out using MO. You are only supposed to tweak the ini in the profile. I'm not sure what else it could be, but I did manage to fix it later when I did that.

I had the same exact same problem with Somber 3 when it came out using MO. You are only supposed to tweak the ini in the profile. I'm not sure what else it could be, but I did manage to fix it later when I did that.

Good to know, thanks. Would you also happen to know where to find the textures/meshes folder when using MO? It isn't in it's usual place. (Steam/Steamapps/Common/Skyrim/Data)

I am attempting to achieve this skin texture from TirexHD but can't seem to find these folders:

Guest endgameaddiction

Nah, not at all. I take you download and install your mods directly from MO instead of manual? I can't help anymore with that because I just manually download all my mods for backups. I suggest that would be the best way to do it if you can't seem to find it.

Mod Organizer is, by default, installed to C:\Program Files(x86)\Mod Organizer (On a 32-bit Windows OS that would be Program Files without the x86).

The problem I've been having is really similar, I can't get SweetFX to work. At first, it appeared to work. Some things seem kind of bloomier than vanilla Skyrim. Also, more saturated. I decided to try to fix some overly bloomy objects by altering my settings, and I noticed no change. I enabled splitscreen in hopes of seeing if it works, and no splitscreen effect.

Archived