Okay, maybe I'm retarded, but how do I incorporate these animations into SL? I'm kinda new to this. Help would be appreciated.

Unless you're making a mod of your own to incorporate these animations, they won't help you. They're just animations, with nothing attached to them.

If you're looking for creature fun in Skyrim, I would recommend this mod:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1140-more-nasty-critters/

^That mod has several animations, including Dayelyte's, all of which can be turned on or off in the MCM

And (I don't want you to think I'm being rude when I say this, because I'm genuinely trying to help) in the future, it really helps to read the first page for a mod's description. It will tell you what it is, and what you need to install it, and likely, how to install it.

Okay, maybe I'm retarded, but how do I incorporate these animations into SL? I'm kinda new to this. Help would be appreciated.

Unless you're making a mod of your own to incorporate these animations, they won't help you. They're just animations, with nothing attached to them.

If you're looking for creature fun in Skyrim, I would recommend this mod:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1140-more-nasty-critters/

^That mod has several animations, including Dayelyte's, all of which can be turned on or off in the MCM

And (I don't want you to think I'm being rude when I say this, because I'm genuinely trying to help) in the future, it really helps to read the first page for a mod's description. It will tell you what it is, and what you need to install it, and likely, how to install it.

Yeah, I realized that a bit too late. Thanks for the help anyway.

Also, Dayelyte? I know you're still on hiatus, but just wanna throw it out there that when/if you get the bug to grace us all with some top notch animations again, I just wanna throw some suggestions out there:

Bears (only one animation, and clunky to boot)

Sabre Cats (same as the bears)

Boars (I know the Bristlebacks are Dragonborn only, but there's potential)

Goats (randy buggers IRL, they deserve the same rep in Skyrim)

And likely someone's already mentioned it before, but a new Missionary position for the canines would be awesome. Tho I have doubts as to whether the bear and sabre cats will be possible, dunno if their meshes could take it.

Sorry for the delay,  was out of the country for the past week with no internet.

Haven't been animating for a while as Cisco and their god-forsaken IOS has been demanding all my free time.

But, some thoughts on your thoughts :D

Bears and Sabrecats:  These guys would be tricky due to their sheer size / bulk.  While we have animations for them, they are difficult to see ( unless using something like a Ghost FX ring or similar effect ) I really never tested the meshes to see what they would tolerate so I can't say one way or another if other positions would even be possible while maintaining mesh integrity.

Boars:  I'm surprised we haven't seen a Boar by now.  Haven't checked its mesh either.

Goats:  Never tried messing around with the goats either.  May have to look at them eventually.

Bears and Sabrecats:  These guys would be tricky due to their sheer size / bulk.  While we have animations for them, they are difficult to see ( unless using something like a Ghost FX ring or similar effect ) I really never tested the meshes to see what they would tolerate so I can't say one way or another if other positions would even be possible while maintaining mesh integrity.

If I were an animator, Bears & Sabrecats always seemed to me to be worthwhile developing something for, due mainly to the frequency you encounter them. If I were spending all that time to make animations and put them out there, I'd at least want to take some solace in the fact they were getting some actual use.

I know what you mean about the bulk, especially on the bears. You just have to trust that something's happening under all the fluff. Perhaps consider that the PC should be doing most of the work instead, like the cowgirl and sideways positions you did for the canines. I'm only guessing, but would something like that make preventing unsightly clipping easier?

Granted, the bears are more common than many other critters out there, but the typical doggy style animation for them doesn't show an awful lot :D

Assuming the mesh could handle it, the bear doesn't have to be in the doggy style position though. Could probably do something similar to the side-dog position, put him on his back, or perhaps have him seated.  A lot of times what can be animated is a mixture of what folks want to see vs what the meshes will allow the animator to do.  Sometimes the mesh limitations win and ideas get scrapped.

Animations with humanoid shaped creatures like trolls are difficult to make from human animations ?

Another Bear animation would be great. Few pictures for inspiration.

Where does the first one come from ?

Hello folks!

I may be "one of those guys" who asks a question that has been anwsered about 20 times in the thread, but I'm pretty puzzled about something including Dayelyte's animations. I've been reading a few pages, and I know that Dentarr's compilation of mods "More Nasty Critters" may include Dayelyte's animations, but I try to avoid installing mod packs for now, since I know exactly what I want modded.

A few months ago, I had a Skyrim install which had hundreds of mods. It was my very first attempt at modding a game, and I did things the hard way (Copy/pasted things, barely using NMM). Needless to say that A LOT of mods were badly installed, and the game got so unstable I couldn't play it anymore (One or two loading screens after loading the game, it crashed.)

So I wiped that install out (Still have a backup archive of the Data folder though), and I tried to do things the clean way with Mod Organizer. With A LOT less mods too.

But if I could save one thing from that previous install, it would be Dayelyte's werewolf animations. Without hesitating.

I somehow got them to work on my previous install, maybe I installed a mod from someone in the thread (Which is 90+ pages long, going through the whole thread would take a LOT of time) but I really don't think I installed a mod pack like Dentarr's. Back then I experimented a lot with Skyrim's files. 

But I can't remember how I managed to make those animations appear in Sexlab, or got them to work. I've been trying a few things with my recent installation and I got nothing. Maybe SexLab doesn't allow imported animation anymore?

I think I went in "Data\meshes\actors\werewolfbeast\animations\SexLabCreature" and messed with "FNIS_SexLabCreature_werewolfbeast_List.txt" after putting Dayelyte's animation files in the folder, but I'm pretty unsure.

Here's how those animations appeared in the Sexlabs mod:

2132952015051600001.jpg

Dentarr did a great work making a compilation of those mods, but I tend to prefer to avoid mods I won't use.

So, any idea on how I can include Dayelyte's Werewolf animations in SexLab and get them working? I kinda doubt it's that simple to get them working by modifying a single text file, but who knows?

Thank you for your attention, and please excuse me for possible language mistakes. English is not my main language :/

The main reason why I'd like to avoid mods is to keep the game as stable as possible (while including sex mods for scientific purposes) so I can finish Skyrim at last!

EDIT: Thought I'd link the FNIS_SexLabCreature_werewolfbeast_List.txt from the old installation, maybe it will help support what I mean.

FNIS_SexLabCreature_werewolfbeast_List.txt

If you're not utilizing one of the existing mods that adds the animations, ( such as Dentarr's ) then you would be limited to either replacement animations or modifying some of the SexLab files.  The latter being a pain in the ass if you're not familiar with how Ashals framework is put together.  The former not being recommended since the animations would likely not line up properly.

To address how they worked in your previous install:

While not positive about it, I -think- I made the Werewolf anims ( and most of my anims for that matter ) available as a test download / plugin of sorts where all the scripting edits and Creation Kit work were done for you.  It was just a matter of download -> drop the files / folders into the right spots to overwrite the official ones -> run FNIS -> reset the SexLab anim database and you were good to go. 

Those test files, however, were for very specific versions of SexLab and would have to be completely rewritten for whatever changes Ashal has made to his code since then.  ( and there have been a lot )

So, since no plugins of that nature have been written for the standalone animations and since the old plugins won't be compatible with the newer versions of Sexlab, your only alternative would be to install something like Dentarr's mod I'm afraid.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for your anwser.

Now that you mention it, I think I recall seeing a file on the thread including the working animations. But like you said, they probably won't work now, and I don't feel like going through 90+ pages to find them.

Well, I'll use Dentarr's pack then!

Keep up your fantastic work, Dayelyte! :)

Well,  I can say that my brain is having a rather tough time remembering all the little things in Max.  It's amazing just how fast those skills deteriorate when you quit using them. 

I had some time today so I started playing around again.  Some folks have shown interest in the bears so I figured, what the hell.  ( Hopefully the bear hasn't been remodeled recently since I'm using the old one )

This is a very early motion test / mesh check to see what the limitations are.  Already I noted the bear is tall enough so that his arms will not reach where I wanted to put them without seriously crouching him over.  Which would kill the whole point of having a scene that was visible. 

Which brought up another issue that haunted me while animating with the canine characters.  I don't know if the bear is scaled up / down once in game.  If he is, then it's going to bork the entire alignment. ( I haven't tested it in game yet.  Be surprised if I can remember how to launch Skyrim lol )

At any rate, since I haven't posted anything meaningful in months, I figured you all might enjoy the preview at least. 

Well,  I can say that my brain is having a rather tough time remembering all the little things in Max.  It's amazing just how fast those skills deteriorate when you quit using them. 

I had some time today so I started playing around again.  Some folks have shown interest in the bears so I figured, what the hell.  ( Hopefully the bear hasn't been remodeled recently since I'm using the old one )

This is a very early motion test / mesh check to see what the limitations are.  Already I noted the bear is tall enough so that his arms will not reach where I wanted to put them without seriously crouching him over.  Which would kill the whole point of having a scene that was visible. 

Which brought up another issue that haunted me while animating with the canine characters.  I don't know if the bear is scaled up / down once in game.  If he is, then it's going to bork the entire alignment. ( I haven't tested it in game yet.  Be surprised if I can remember how to launch Skyrim lol )

At any rate, since I haven't posted anything meaningful in months, I figured you all might enjoy the preview at least. 

attachicon.gifbear_test.gif

Nice Work, more bear animations  :P

Yogi going for the picnic basket still?

Well if there were pigs we could at least say "Try and sniff out my truffle."

But Yogi getting love is a nice change up. We have plenty of doggystyles. Booboo and Yogi will be happy to see some new ways to pork the people of Skyrim. I'll make sure Rayya avoids wandering the woods and move my family out of Falkreath. Don't trust those Berenstains one minute around my wife!