As an idea for potential buyers could we have adventurers/scholars that want to go to dangerous places and use you as cannon fodder for the traps/hostiles as this would allow you to keep adventuring/exploring yourself.

Once you've earnt there trust a dialogue like "I know where there's a big haul" and then "I know someone who will pay good for" would appear so you can choose the destinations

Yes, ideas for post-sold slavery are good because once you're sold and ensconced in your new life, you're right back to having little to do except till a field or make some potions or whatever your owner wants. Along with the inevitable rapes, of course.

Which is all great in that it reflects what would happen in reality, but makes for rather boring gameplay. So that's something to chat about. First things first, though - I've got to get the mod to that point before it becomes an issue.

I will continue to follow this mod, I have one question as of now. Can you player be enslaved yet or not?

Nope. Frankly, no reason to download the mod at this stage. But follow it, I have a good feeling about this one!

Correct, this mod doesn't do anything yet. Soon, though! "Soon" being defined as "once I have learned the basics of Papyrus". Fortunately, it seems a fairly standard language so far.

'A fairly standard language' with a multi-threaded component to it.

It can be difficult sometimes to know what is going on because events can be fired up and completed out of order.

Another thing to watch for is the 'interface' to scripts - properties.

1- Don't trust the Default value. It found it more reliable to assign values manually in the Properties panel.

2- If you add or remove properties on a script tied to a running quest and reload your game, Skyrim will most likely reuse a copy of the old script baked into the saved game.

That can lead to frustrating times when something should be working and doesn't. never assume the properties have the value you expect - always check the values with debug messages and either add maintenance code to restart control quests if needed or regularly start from a save game before your mod was enabled.

That will save you countless of hours wasted chasing after issues that are really not there.

Finally, there is the Dialogue bug.

If CK editor gives you grief when you try adding dialogue topics or branches, save - quit CK editor - open TES5Edit - select your mod and right click on the 'Other' option (bottom of contextual menu when clicking on the mod's name). Then select 'Create SEQ file'.

Do that regularly as you add more dialogue options, otherwise they will be missing from your game (another source of frustration trying to understand why those dialogue lines are not appearing for the NPC you want to edit :) ).

CK and Papyrus are so much fun :)

Hopefully Bethesda will hear you and just let the community make the next TES.

I'm interested in the development of this mod, just a few questions:

What will happen to the player's inventory, will it remain with the master as with SD or will there be a quest to get it back?

Any chance that it will connect with a slavery system, or with Defeat (if they manage to implement capture) to let you enslave NPCs and sell them?

Will there be an auction house and can you buy NPCs from other slavers?

Will there be more planned options for NPCs that the player can be sold to? For example into a Guild as a helping hand or a squire to some warrior.

Will there be specific requests from the owner to perform specific quests, such as buying things from the market, checking on a delivery or some mundane tasks or maybe even tie up into some of the Skyrim's quests?

Sorry that I said that they were just a few questions, turned out to be more.

Hopefully Bethesda will hear you and just let the community make the next TES.

I'm interested in the development of this mod, just a few questions:

What will happen to the player's inventory, will it remain with the master as with SD or will there be a quest to get it back?

Any chance that it will connect with a slavery system, or with Defeat (if they manage to implement capture) to let you enslave NPCs and sell them?

Will there be an auction house and can you buy NPCs from other slavers?

Will there be more planned options for NPCs that the player can be sold to? For example into a Guild as a helping hand or a squire to some warrior.

Will there be specific requests from the owner to perform specific quests, such as buying things from the market, checking on a delivery or some mundane tasks or maybe even tie up into some of the Skyrim's quests?

Sorry that I said that they were just a few questions, turned out to be more.

This is meant to be a player-gets-enslaved mod. I'm not particularly interested in pursuing the opposite, although it would be a logical extension. There is already a mod to make slaves of npc's.

There will be an auction area, which is where the player will be sold. The plan for now is for the npc's there to go through the motions of bidding when the player is not directly involved.

The other parts are discussed above and I welcome ideas for things to happen to the player after they have been sold and are in their new life.

The other parts are discussed above and I welcome ideas for things to happen to the player after they have been sold and are in their new life.

Well - some ideas then:

• being sold to an owner of an Inn or a sister of dibella could lead into a forced prostitution relationship.
  • being sold to a dark brotherhood member could lead to an execution - so being sold is risky.
  • being sold to a horse dealer could lead to weird beast action.
  • being sold to an owner of a dog could lead to weird beast action.
  • being sold to a jarl could lead to a maid service for his / her guests - maybe with "special" services for bad-ass guests.
  • being sold into a military camp leads to forced prostitution - raise the moral of the troops...
  • being sold into an orc camp could lead to hard work (collecting ingots, minerals, wood) with punishments if not enough stuff is collected at evenings...
  • being sold to a giant could lead to end up as mammoth food - yes, being sold can be risky.

Looking forward to the mod, more slavery mods is always good.

I'm especially looking forward to the auction, always liked auctions, too bad they are so rarely used in games.

Will you be able to try to take slight influence on the bidding as slave? For example there could be some testing by your future owners and you could try to promise your preffered future owner something then while he/she tests your sex skills.

Maybe you could even beg your future wanted owner to try to buy you at all costs and take loans, promising that you are such a good adventurer or whore that you will do your best to help him quickly repay the loan afterwards, so that he won't regret purchasing you.

Then afterwards you would have some days to pay the loan and if you don't manage to your owner has to sell you again into slavery, and maybe gets sold into slavery himself too if the debt was too high.

Also if you piss of your initial capturer who sells you at the auction getting sold into a really bad slave fate should be more probable too.

Ideas for "bad" slave owners you might get sold to:

-Jarl Siddgeir, he is just so nicely sleazy already in vanilla Skyrim and begs for appearances in adult mods

-"Funtoy" for rival civil war factions, if you are in the imperial army and get captured you are sold to a nord camp and vice versa. There should be an even more hardcore version if you take the rare route of joining the empire as nord or the stormcloaks as imperial player character.

-Dunmer could be sold to racist windhelm nords, there is already a ghettolike dunmer slum in windhelm.

-Altmer and Bosmer could be sold to fanatic Thalos worshippers, possibly leading to a painful ritual execution eventually

-Thalos worshippers could be sold to the Thalmor

I think the most interesting part of my suggestions is that being sold can lead to a very bad end - high tension and immersion - the life of slaves was always near the abyss.

But all you'll do is reload a save

Surely having death alternatives that still lead to death and reloading of old saves is not what we are after since it pretty much removes the point of the death alternative.

I think the most interesting part of my suggestions is that being sold can lead to a very bad end - high tension and immersion - the life of slaves was always near the abyss.

Surely having death alternatives that still lead to death and reloading of old saves is not what we are after since it pretty much removes the point of the death alternative.

Yes - that is right - I can reload - unfortunately.

I don't like death alternatives in terms of immersion. It leads to playing berserk style because there is nothing to lose. An auction is much more spicy if the result can be a dead end - especially if this end is well staged.

True to a degree, but sometimes it's more about the story, even if it has a short bloody end, than gameplay. I'll try to have "slavery can end badly" as a toggled feature.

I really don't see that it does. All it leads to is an annoyed sigh as the player goes into ragdoll yet again, and you sit there waiting 3 seconds for the game to autoload the last save. And the only tension is "Welp, will it let me play this mod, or do i need to reload 5 times before the random dice roll lets me actually experiance the playable content?".

That's not tension, that's not a consequence, it's just unessecary gating of playable content that will randomly give you a non-standard failure-state instead of useable gameplay. A failure-state which you have no control over, and which has no lasting impact of any importance, since death in Skyrim is meaningless, you just load a save (the game even does that for you, you don't even have to press a key).

Now maybe some would find this "immersive", and ok fine. I don't understand it personally, to me it would only be annoying, but i can see why some might feel this way. As such, i would not be against it's inclusion as an MCM option for those so inclined. But it definately needs to be optional if it is to be included.

I'm especially looking forward to the auction, always liked auctions, too bad they are so rarely used in games.

Will you be able to try to take slight influence on the bidding as slave? For example there could be some testing by your future owners and you could try to promise your preffered future owner something then while he/she tests your sex skills.

Maybe you could even beg your future wanted owner to try to buy you at all costs and take loans, promising that you are such a good adventurer or whore that you will do your best to help him quickly repay the loan afterwards, so that he won't regret purchasing you.

Then afterwards you would have some days to pay the loan and if you don't manage to your owner has to sell you again into slavery, and maybe gets sold into slavery himself too if the debt was too high.

Also if you piss of your initial capturer who sells you at the auction getting sold into a really bad slave fate should be more probable too.

-Jarl Siddgeir, he is just so nicely sleazy already in vanilla Skyrim and begs for appearances in adult mods

-"Funtoy" for rival civil war factions, if you are in the imperial army and get captured you are sold to a nord camp and vice versa. There should be an even more hardcore version if you take the rare route of joining the empire as nord or the stormcloaks as imperial player character.

-Dunmer could be sold to racist windhelm nords, there is already a ghettolike dunmer slum in windhelm.

-Altmer and Bosmer could be sold to fanatic Thalos worshippers, possibly leading to a painful ritual execution eventually

The plan, at least initially, is just random bidding by random npc's. it's hard to envision a real life slave having an opportunity to pitch her (or him) self to any particular bidder. That being said, I like the idea of named owners, especially if you have had experiences with them before. What would happen if you we're part of the thieves' guild and got sold to Maven?

Anyway, these thoughts put the cart about 50 miles ahead of the horse. Let's see if I'm capable of putting together the base product before I inadvertently sell something unattainable. ;)

I really don't see that it does. All it leads to is an annoyed sigh as the player goes into ragdoll yet again, and you sit there waiting 3 seconds for the game to autoload the last save. And the only tension is "Welp, will it let me play this mod, or do i need to reload 5 times before the random dice roll lets me actually experiance the playable content?".

That's not tension, that's not a consequence, it's just unessecary gating of playable content that will randomly give you a non-standard failure-state instead of useable gameplay. A failure-state which you have no control over, and which has no lasting impact of any importance, since death in Skyrim is meaningless, you just load a save (the game even does that for you, you don't even have to press a key).

Now maybe some would find this "immersive", and ok fine. I don't understand it personally, to me it would only be annoying, but i can see why some might feel this way. As such, i would not be against it's inclusion as an MCM option for those so inclined. But it definately needs to be optional if it is to be included.

Yes. I posted that I would add that as an mcm option, but we were typing at the exact same time. :)

The plan, at least initially, is just random bidding by random npc's. it's hard to envision a real life slave having an opportunity to pitch her (or him) self to any particular bidder. That being said, I like the idea of named owners, especially if you have had experiences with them before. What would happen if you we're part of the thieves' guild and got sold to Maven?

Anyway, these thoughts put the cart about 50 miles ahead of the horse. Let's see if I'm capable of putting together the base product before I inadvertently sell something unattainable. ;)

I have the exact same dilemma with HID: I'm not that good with scripting yet, and I'm already announcing a ton of features and different encounters. I'm still trying to be reasonnable, but sometimes it's really hard to predict the work load a certain part might give me.

I wish you the best of luck working on this though, some of the stuff I read on here is cruelly missing from the game :D

Yes - that is right - I can reload - unfortunately.

I don't like death alternatives in terms of immersion. It leads to playing berserk style because there is nothing to lose. An auction is much more spicy if the result can be a dead end - especially if this end is well staged.

while however you play is cool surely using save/reload is just as unimmersive as having no death :)

When you die shouldnt it always be new game time since that char has now died

Speak for yourself - I for one loved the bad ends in Oblivion's Slave Encounters, even if they ended with loading the save.

Also, if SD+ continues with it's current direction, any such bad end should theoretically teleport you to Sang's realm, so you can have the best of two worlds.

Yes. I posted that I would add that as an mcm option, but we were typing at the exact same time.  :)

I'm liking that. You can't go wrong with providing options ;)

Also, if SD+ continues with it's current direction, any such bad end should theoretically teleport you to Sang's realm, so you can have the best of two worlds.

The reason i'd play this mod is to experiance the content it provides, obviously. I don't want to be sent back to Sanguine, if i wanted that i'd just go jump off a cliff, SD+ already lets me do that.

No, optional is the way to go, and SD's death-proofing system does not change that, because some of us have no interest in getting a random cheap death in place of gameplay. It's just not even remotely interesting or appealing to us, and would add nothing but annoyance every time it happened.

Sounds like a good plan! I've seen a lot of mods grind to a halt because it was just too much to do in one release, and then nothing gets released. By focusing on small easy to do (and nothing is really too easy in CK/Papyrus) features, you'll get there bit by bit.

Basically, start small, make those "easy, small features" work and expand from there.

If you're interested in how existing mods work, I'll be happy to help. Just drop me a pm or so and I'll be happy to share any details you want to know.

Regarding defeat framework, one that I found really convenient is this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45894/?.

It comes with no other requirements than Skyrim itself, it has a really clean and optional plugin interface, and the author is very responsive to change requests. Let me know if you need help if you decide to use it.

Oh, and it's also easy to disable from MCM if your users want to temporarily switch to some other incompatible framework.

Also, feel free to request animations and resources from Zaz animation pack if you need. Not sure what kind of content you'll have, but there's a at least a few animations you could use in there. I'm sort of finalizing the last touches for my part of the next version. (Still learning how to make "armor" so can't really help out there.)

Finally, nice to see someone adding more of this kind of content for Skyrim. Best of luck with your mod!!