The reason i'd play this mod is to experiance the content it provides, obviously. I don't want to be sent back to Sanguine, if i wanted that i'd just go jump off a cliff, SD+ already lets me do that.

No, optional is the way to go, and SD's death-proofing system does not change that, because some of us have no interest in getting a random cheap death in place of gameplay. It's just not even remotely interesting or appealing to us, and would add nothing but annoyance every time it happened.

I'm certainly not opposed to having optional dials ;)

And I totally agree "random cheap death" would be disappointing and annoying. A scenario where death is a) avoidable and B) a logical consequence of the scenario transpiring the way it did, on the other hand...

And I totally agree "random cheap death" would be disappointing and annoying. A scenario where death is a) avoidable and B) a logical consequence of the scenario transpiring the way it did, on the other hand...

Now that's a whole different ballgame, avoidable deaths are playable content. If there are ways that i can stay alive by making the owner happy, whilst trying to plot my escape and not getting caught in doing so (getting caught possibly having fatal consequences) behind their back, then that is something i can play with and work with, it's actual and meaningful gameplay, and could be fun if exicuted well (but could also be a drag if exicuted poorly).

That i am fine with, that is a skillbased system that involves the player, it's a working game mechanic.

What i would not be fine with is getting bought by (for instance) an agent of the Dark Brotherhood, and then a short scene plays out where i am gutted like a fish on the spot and i just plain die and am forced to reload (or return to Sanguine's realm). That's not gameplay, that's just a cheap death that i could do nothing to avoid.

Some might dig this kind of thing, find it immersive, and more power to them, that's what MCM options are there for. I would certainly not like it though, that would just annoy me (even if SD+ might not let me actually die, i'd still be annoyed that i didn't get to play any real content after getting bought, that it just ended without any need of my involvement, when i could have been playing something that did if another person had bought me instead).

Now that's a whole different ballgame, avoidable deaths are playable content. If there are ways that i can stay alive by making the owner happy, whilst trying to plot my escape and not getting caught in doing so (getting caught possibly having fatal consequences) behind their back, then that is something i can play with and work with, it's actual and meaningful gameplay, and could be fun if exicuted well (but could also be a drag if exicuted poorly).

That i am fine with, that is a skillbased system that involves the player, it's a working game mechanic.

What i would not be fine with is getting bought by (for instance) an agent of the Dark Brotherhood, and then a short scene plays out where i am gutted like a fish on the spot and i just plain die and am forced to reload (or return to Sanguine's realm). That's not gameplay, that's just a cheap death that i could do nothing to avoid.

Some might dig this kind of thing, find it immersive, and more power to them, that's what MCM options are there for. I would certainly not like it though, that would just annoy me (even if SD+ might not let me actually die, i'd still be annoyed that i didn't get to play any real content after getting bought, that it just ended without any need of my involvement, when i could have been playing something that did if another person had bought me instead).

If I were to include (optional) permanent ends to enslavement, they would be completely story-driven. You would need to earn your death through a great many actions that would create an increasingly annoyed master. I am interested, above anything else, in the story. 

Anyway, these thoughts put the cart about 50 miles ahead of the horse. Let's see if I'm capable of putting together the base product before I inadvertently sell something unattainable. ;)

Sounds like a good plan! I've seen a lot of mods grind to a halt because it was just too much to do in one release, and then nothing gets released. By focusing on small easy to do (and nothing is really too easy in CK/Papyrus) features, you'll get there bit by bit.

Basically, start small, make those "easy, small features" work and expand from there.

If you're interested in how existing mods work, I'll be happy to help. Just drop me a pm or so and I'll be happy to share any details you want to know.

Regarding defeat framework, one that I found really convenient is this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45894/?.

It comes with no other requirements than Skyrim itself, it has a really clean and optional plugin interface, and the author is very responsive to change requests. Let me know if you need help if you decide to use it.

Oh, and it's also easy to disable from MCM if your users want to temporarily switch to some other incompatible framework.

Also, feel free to request animations and resources from Zaz animation pack if you need. Not sure what kind of content you'll have, but there's a at least a few animations you could use in there. I'm sort of finalizing the last touches for my part of the next version. (Still learning how to make "armor" so can't really help out there.)

Finally, nice to see someone adding more of this kind of content for Skyrim. Best of luck with your mod!!

I appreciate that very much. Be sure that I will be picking Skyrimll's and your brains quite a bit, since you two are my biggest influences pushing me to try this modding thing in the first place.

I will definitely be interested in your skills when it comes to the player following the master to various places, especially when changing interior cells. In many ways this will be similar to your Prison mod. 

Being sold at auction? Goodness. My interest is well and truly piqued!

If you don't mind a couple more ideas: how about a chance of being sold to vampires, having a short sequence where you're in a drugged/drunk state and being fed on as vampire cattle and then maybe being forcibly turned? I also saw a suggestion in another topic somewhere (can't remember which one) about enslaved werewolves being made to fight beasts in some kind of arena - like that cave near Riften where the skooma dealers hang out. Ambitious, I know, but the core idea of those (un)lucky enough to be snapped up by the wrong buyer being turned could be interesting.

And about selling yourself to bidders to drive the price up: I can see the auctioneer demonstrating your "qualities" shall we say to the crowd, then maybe ordering you to dance for them like in SD+ and you could do it or refuse and get a flogging? Even if it makes no difference to the actual result in terms of who buys you for what price it would make for a good little scene.

If you don't mind a couple more ideas: how about a chance of being sold to vampires, having a short sequence where you're in a drugged/drunk state and being fed on as vampire cattle and then maybe being forcibly turned? I also saw a suggestion in another topic somewhere (can't remember which one) about enslaved werewolves being made to fight beasts in some kind of arena - like that cave near Riften where the skooma dealers hang out. Ambitious, I know, but the core idea of those (un)lucky enough to be snapped up by the wrong buyer being turned could be interesting.

And about selling yourself to bidders to drive the price up: I can see the auctioneer demonstrating your "qualities" shall we say to the crowd, then maybe ordering you to dance for them like in SD+ and you could do it or refuse and get a flogging? Even if it makes no difference to the actual result in terms of who buys you for what price it would make for a good little scene.

The seller forcing the demonstration makes much more sense. I like the werewolf idea, too. I would have to make any bidding vampires pretend they're human or they'd be attacked on sight, but I like the idea.

Thanks for your input. :)

The plan, at least initially, is just random bidding by random npc's. it's hard to envision a real life slave having an opportunity to pitch her (or him) self to any particular bidder. That being said, I like the idea of named owners, especially if you have had experiences with them before. What would happen if you we're part of the thieves' guild and got sold to Maven?

Anyway, these thoughts put the cart about 50 miles ahead of the horse. Let's see if I'm capable of putting together the base product before I inadvertently sell something unattainable. ;)

Hehe don't worry. I am also dabbling around in the ck, without much success. This makes what you modders achieve even more amazing from my viewpoint, so i tend to be overly optimistic and megalomanic with my suggestions :D.

I'm also very happy that you want to try to make good stories. Getting sold to your own guild sounds very interesting, i always liked in msex Veronica for Fallout New Vegas when your owner showed you to some special npcs. For example the Sunny Smiles scene has been one of my favorites.

Regarding my idea that you try to influence your further buyer, you would just try to, without guaranted success chance of course. But your potential buyers would maybe try you out before, so you might try to whisper some beggings to them then.

Another fun idea might be that you make a check if the player is still a virgin, resulting in a special auction with much increased prices.

The plan, at least initially, is just random bidding by random npc's. it's hard to envision a real life slave having an opportunity to pitch her (or him) self to any particular bidder. That being said, I like the idea of named owners, especially if you have had experiences with them before. What would happen if you we're part of the thieves' guild and got sold to Maven?

Hehe don't worry. I am also dabbling around in the ck, without much success. This makes what you modders achieve even more amazing from my viewpoint, so i tend to be overly optimistic and megalomanic with my suggestions :D.

I'm also very happy that you want to try to make good stories. Getting sold to your own guild sounds very interesting, i always liked in msex Veronica for Fallout New Vegas when your owner showed you to some special npcs. For example the Sunny Smiles scene has been one of my favorites.

Regarding my idea that you try to influence your further buyer, you would just try to, without guaranted success chance of course. But your potential buyers would maybe try you out before, so you might try to whisper some beggings to them then.

Another fun idea might be that you make a check if the player is still a virgin, resulting in a special auction with much increased prices.

The virgin idea is one I had, but it would be difficult to achieve. I guess there might be a way to get SD to only do oral things until the player goes to auction. For that matter, I think this is the first instance where the chastity belts from Devious Devices would interest me. And Describe either has or is going to have a built-in virgin check.

In short, you, sir are a genius. ;)

If I were to include (optional) permanent ends to enslavement, they would be completely story-driven. You would need to earn your death through a great many actions that would create an increasingly annoyed master. I am interested, above anything else, in the story. 

We're very much on the same page then. If it's playable, if it can be avoided by playing smart, then i'd almost certainly play with it enabled.

Although, if there is a big demand for auctions beeing able to end in instant death scenarios, then it could be added as an option of it's own. It woulden't be my prefrence, but the great thing about options is that they are optional ;)

As for the player influencing who buys them, how that could work in real life is that the slave-to-be could make eye-contact with someone in the crowd that they think will be a lesser evil, and look at them with pleading puppydog eyes (or a sultry and seductive glance if they think that might work better) in the hopes that it will sway them to bid higher.

Though exactly how you'd go about coding such a thing in Skyrim.. yes well, you see, the thing about that..

*Coopervane tries to slip out the emergency exit unnoticed*

That seems to be the way we both approach our mods, and I'm glad to see you're not trying "just another sexy bad end". While these are not bad in any way, I feel we definitely need more of the slightly more linear, but way more story-driven encounters. 

The virgin idea is one I had, but it would be difficult to achieve. I guess there might be a way to get SD to only do oral things until the player goes to auction. For that matter, I think this is the first instance where the chastity belts from Devious Devices would interest me. And Describe either has or is going to have a built-in virgin check.

Especially if you play with life a deviant life alternate start getting enslaved quickly as virgin is no problem at all :D.

There is also the interesting possibility that the slave merchant tries to sell you as fake virgin. If your buyer finds out he got betrayed that could lead to interesting story options.

If you are captured stuffed with devious devices getting rid of them is also a challenge for a new owner, after all they are magical and the ones you wear might have been crafted by skilled mages. So this would be a logical explanation why you are allowed to go on adventuring, because your owner wants you without chastity devices.

To prevent player runaway when allowed to do adventuring a good option would be special slow working poison. Your owner poisons you and tells you that after X days the poison is lethal, so you have to return every couple of days to get an antidote from your master.

Another option would be that your master sends a few assasins/thugs with you who observe you stealthily, immediately trying to recapture you if they think you try to escape.

In short, you, sir are a genius. ;)

I keep telling that myself too ;)

As for the player influencing who buys them, how that could work in real life is that the slave-to-be could make eye-contact with someone in the crowd that they think will be a lesser evil, and look at them with pleading puppydog eyes (or a sultry and seductive glance if they think that might work better) in the hopes that it will sway them to bid higher.

Though exactly how you'd go about coding such a thing in Skyrim.. yes well, you see, the thing about that..

Another option - before the auction starts you are put on display and potential buyers radiantly approach you - some just want to take a closer look, maybe feel you up, some with more peculiar needs might want you to actually answer some questions for them, and if they're influential enough, may even tip the slavers to get you for an hour of "testing". Answer pleasingly and perform well, and you've got yourself an interested buyer!

Another option - before the auction starts you are put on display and potential buyers radiantly approach you - some just want to take a closer look, maybe feel you up, some with more peculiar needs might want you to actually answer some questions for them, and if they're influential enough, may even tip the slavers to get you for an hour of "testing". Answer pleasingly and perform well, and you've got yourself an interested buyer!

Had a similar idea which was to have all the potential buyers appear before the auction and give the PC the ability to offer a private showing to one of the bidders and assuming you please the bidder during the private showing they will bid highest for you (could also have if you royally piss off the buyer during the private showing they also buy you to teach you a lesson)

Also saw on nexus Crawl on fours animation by DarkAngel1265 http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33097/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D33097%26preview%3D&pUp=1 might be useful for slaves moving around (dunno if you could use it just for that or whether you'd have to replace sneak)

The seller forcing the demonstration makes much more sense. I like the werewolf idea, too. I would have to make any bidding vampires pretend they're human or they'd be attacked on sight, but I like the idea.

Thanks for your input. :)

How does the game treat Sybille Stentor in Solitude since she's a

vampire

and she doesn't get attacked.

Also due to her vanilla back story she'd prolly make a good bidder if you can get her out of solitude

On the subject of having vamps bid on you... In my tinkering in the CK I found that most factions are actually neutral to each other and the hostilities come from the aggro radius flag which can be unchecked in an ai package. Pretty simple to do. Just add those vamps to an alias with said ai package and voila. What I was toying with doing was using the addPackageOverride function found in ActorUtil.psc (comes with sexlab) to add an ai package to all hostiles in a cell for enslavement purposes. So you could have vamps buy you, then march you to their lair and use you for cattle. That's something I'd be most interested in experiencing.

Looking forward to seeing your developments.

Just because nobodies done it and I find the idea of being contrary entertaining how about some not so bad ends to slavery, people who it wouldn't be so terrible to be sold to (I'm well aware that the reason most people play these mods is for the sexy parts but here's some of the prospective buyers that through guile and perhaps a bit of bribing, you could get yourself sold too)

-The Jarl of Whiterun: If you've gotten far enough to become a thane in Whiterun and haven't managed to get him killed somehow, you might find that the jarl has sent irileth to buy you out of your terrible fate. Possible complications: Only the jarl doesn't have infinite resources to bail you out of this predicament. Possibly you might have to find some way to convince the person selling you at the auction to make a deal under the table with irileth, perhaps you need to convince irileth to throw some of her own money in. If you aren't able to successfully get bought buy irileth then you get a custom slave encounter where you get sold to a horrible slave owner who specifically bids ridiculously high out of spite knowing your connection to jarl balgruph, then you have to last long enough in their servitude without having your mind broken (this would be a bad end) and eventually after a while irileth would be sent to help you escape from servitude.

-The High Queen of Skyrim: I've always thought that she seemed like a rather nice woman if not a bit naive. If you aren't a thane of solitude yet, then she would show up and buy you into indentured servitude (this is a one time thing) otherwise she just simply bails you out and tells you she can't afford to do it again so don't get caught. Possible complications: Like I said she seems like a nice woman if not a bit naive; she gives you simple tasks to carry out around her castle but while you do this you have to avoid the unwanted advances of some of the other castles inhabitants some ideas: some awkward romantic advances from a servant boy, guards grabbing your ass and occassionally attempting to rape you (if they do this in front of Bolgeir Bearclaw he puts a stop to that), if your not careful BDSM play and "experimentation" from Sybille Stentor which could lead to a bad end. Eventually the high queen approaches you for one reason or another perhaps she drank to much at a banquet and is feeling depressed and being one of her personal attendants she seeks you for comfort eventually leading to you becoming her lover and your freedom the added perk of being able to return to solitude and sleep with the queen whenever shes not to busy. 

On a contrary note to this would be the scenario you could get in if you pissed off the person selling you at the slave auction enough that they decided to sell you to another person under the table instead of the queen who has shown an obvious interest in you.

-A wealthy old man: A custom npc, a wealthy old man who is looking to have somebody take care of him for his last days. He buys you at the auction and takes you back to his home. When you get there you find that it is only he who lives there. He then informs of the situation, he is a wealthy noble who's irresponsible children only want his money. He saw you at the slave auction and you reminded him of his first love, the one he lost long ago before he became wealthy; and on an impulse he joined the bidding. He will give you daily chores which include keeping his house clean, chopping firewood, running over to the near by town to buy provisions with him, preparing him food, and after a while going to bed with him (at first it will be platonic but then in the middle of the night he will ask you "if you wouldn't mind doing this old man a further favor" perhaps the whole situation would go something like this

You wake up in the middle of the night and feel fingers gently caressing your skin, goosebumps left in the trails they leave. You hear a whisper from the old man "I apologize my dear, but you are so beautiful and seeing you here in the moonlight makes me long for her so much. I have so many regrets not running off with her when I had the chance is one of them, please let me relive my youth just one more time." (you get to choose to accept his plea, you can stay silent and not turn him away, turn him down, or leave the bed and go to sleep in the basement).

After this night if you accepted his advances or didn't turn him away he would simply say something along the lines of "please, let me have you again. Another night with you, I know I said only one but the nights that I'm with you are the happiest I've had in years." If you continue to let him make love to you he will eventually stop asking and it will just become a thing that happens every night until the end of the scenario. Otherwise if you continue to turn him away he will stop asking and you will both sleep silently through the night.

Possible Complications: This one would be different from the others, after he gets you back to his house he would remove all of your binds except for your slave collar. You would in fact have plenty of chances to escape from him or even kill him (he keeps a set of weapons above his fire place and he isn't all that tough). Perhaps you are awakened one night by somebody breaking into the house and it turns out its an assassin who makes a deal that he'll free you if you don't get in his way the other choice is to kill the assassin (this could be the way you enter the scenario where you end up having sex with him as the way you handled yourself reminded him of his former love). Eventually his family will come over and he will take the slave collar off of you and tell them you are his new wife (they'll question whether that's true and you have the choice of telling them the truth or lying to them after dinner one of the drunker children asks you to prove it and you'll have a choice of how explicitly you want to prove it to him anywhere from a simple kiss to sitting on his lap to letting him grope you openly, to eventually running them out of the room house by starting to have sex with him in front of them) if you've only been kind to him he forgets to put the slave collar back on you other wise when they leave he apologizes and returns it to your neck. Either way a few nights later he fails to wake you up in the middle of the night and you wake up in the morning to find that he died in his sleep. You can find the key to your collar if your still wearing it on him otherwise if you go to the nearby village and tell them that they died you will be forced to leave the house. Eventually if you were nice enough to him, a courier will approach you and give you a letter that states that the old man left everything of his to his young wife (you). This will give you a player home and a substantial sum of money (somewhere north of 25k perhaps? Plus other treasures he aquired in his life). One other note, I describe him as an old man, but it should be mentioned that I have an old retired nord adventurer in mind, so, old but still big and muscular, the reason that you could beat him if you wanted is you would have a weapon and possibly armor (or use magic) and he is unarmed and wearing fancy clothes.

-The college of winterhold. Perhaps your character has a reputation in the magic world, perhaps the college just needs some labor that they don't have to pay. If you were to get bought by them you would start out doing menial tasks for some of the faculty, being a teachers aid (they demonstrate some of the less lethal spells on you think beginner destruction magic class followed by the advanced restoration class) and would have to deal with the sexual advances of sexually frustrated college students perhaps you could tie some stuff from the devious devices quest into this by making the librarian treat you a bit worse (you have a rotating group of faculty you work for and when his day comes around he slaps a chastity bra and belt along with some tormentor or inflatable plugs on you and your only allowed to wear the slave harness and if you talk back to him he makes you wear one of the various gags and then he makes you do the chores he asks you to and at the end he makes you beg him to remove the devices. Eventually you could get one of the professors to take a liking to you and they make you a student at the college and free you from your slavery. Possible complications: the college of winterhold is not rich, you really have to go the extra mile and convince the auctioneer to sell you to them under the table cause they don't have the money, also if you don't perform well as a slave they will just sell you back.

-A group of mercenaries: This one would actually only be sexual if you actively tried to make it so. The leader of a mercenary group is looking to bolster her ranks and she can tell just by looking at you that you got talent...you've just fallen on hard times so to speak. She makes a deal with you: you agree to work for her and she'll steal you from whoever wins the auction. If this scenario were to happen all you would have to do is agree to her proposal when she visited you in the slave pens. After she rescues you and frees you from your captors she fits you with a modifies slave collar (one that would make attacking her a bad idea) and then gives you some basic gear (low rank weapon and armor light or heavy depending on what you choose) and tells you that they already have a job and to throw on the damn armor already. After that you have a few missions she gives you better weapons and armor eventually and this continues for a while (improvements to weapons and armor after some missions then tougher missions etc, etc) with a general over arching plot that links all of the missions together (other than you were hired to do them) and your freed before the last one (perhaps you were betrayed by your last employer and the mercenary band wants to get revenge but it looks like it could be a suicide mission and the leader of the group wants you to know that you are free and you don't have to go along with this (at which point you can leave or this can turn into some action movie awesomeness) I'll leave that up to you. Complications: Okay so where the sex, this is a slavery mod there needs to be sex! I hear you I hear you I have a few ideas on this front: First of all you can always approach some of the other members of the band and offer to keep them warm at night. Then there's the possibility of starting a relationship with leader of the band (you both get drunk at an in or around a campfire and when you take her back to her room or her tent she tells you she never noticed how beautiful you were and you can press it from there, the first time she doesn't remember it the next day as you managed to sleep walk off into the middle of the night. But the second time you wake up next to her and the relationship would go from there. If you were to do this she would end up as a follower after the suicide mission due to most of her band getting killed)

These are just a few ideas to the lighter side of slavery in skyrim.

Some fantastic ideas there, mallowmar42!

While being used, abused and treated like dirt is great fun, I have to admit the thought of being cherished and cared for can get me weak at the knees too. I suppose the challenge for a modder with getting the more gentle experiences right is filtering the right animations. It might spoil the effect, for example, if that sweet old man decided to keep brutally taking his pleasure from your back passage!  :s

Some fantastic ideas there, mallowmar42!

While being used, abused and treated like dirt is great fun, I have to admit the thought of being cherished and cared for can get me weak at the knees too. I suppose the challenge for a modder with getting the more gentle experiences right is filtering the right animations. It might spoil the effect, for example, if that sweet old man decided to keep brutally taking his pleasure from your back passage!  :s

Yeah I know what you mean, I would have suggested something along those lines but I imagine that something like that might be pretty difficult for a modder to do, I think probably the easiest way for somebody to deal with that is too just hand out a bit of spoilers in the thread like: when doing the lonely old man quest I recommend turning off most of the aggressive sex animations in lovers lab. All of you experienced modders out there feel free to correct me on that though, the only thing I'm any good for is writing. 

But yeah, I've been looking for a mod where the hero gets degraded and corrupted into a dirty sex slave it but at the same time; like you said: sometimes the thought of actual romance, of deep true love is also a turn on. While not all of the scenarios have that I like to believe that all of them have the potential for that (except for the mages college i admittedly phoned that one in and also have never really had much to do with the college when playing the game).

Great ideas. Just this morning a scenario involving getting bought by the dark brotherhood came to me and drove me to this conclusion: the buyers will not be random. Each one will have a quest attached to them, and the player's choices will determine the path to eventual freedom (or mcm-optional death). This solves all sorts of problems for me and makes for a much more fun and story-driven encounter. I shall also make an mcm choice to disallow multiple buys from the same person (so you don't get the same quest line three times in a row) until you've done all the quests.

vampire

Also due to her vanilla back story she'd prolly make a good bidder if you can get her out of solitude

Remember that in Skyrim lore, Vampires who feed regularly enough aren't noticeable as vampires to regular people.  This is reflected in some of the in-game books, as well as in the fact that you can freely walk around cities without being attacked until you hit Stage 4 vampiric hunger (or whatever it is, when you've gone days without feeding), at which point everyone tries to kill you on sight.  Sybille supposedly feeds regularly on prisoners, or so I'm guessing based on what I've read of her.

Now, it's sort of weird that Skyrim gives them blatantly noticeable vampire-eyes at all stages, but... there you have it. :)

As for this module, it definitely sounds awesome, and will become a must-add for me I think.  I'd almost be tempted to suggest making it a framework itself, where other people could create potential buyers and sub-plots related to those.  Might be a little more manageable than trying to put all of them on you alone maybe?

vampire

Remember that in Skyrim lore, Vampires who feed regularly enough aren't noticeable as vampires to regular people. This is reflected in some of the in-game books, as well as in the fact that you can freely walk around cities without being attacked until you hit Stage 4 vampiric hunger (or whatever it is, when you've gone days without feeding), at which point everyone tries to kill you on sight. Sybille supposedly feeds regularly on prisoners, or so I'm guessing based on what I've read of her.

Now, it's sort of weird that Skyrim gives them blatantly noticeable vampire-eyes at all stages, but... there you have it. :)

As for this module, it definitely sounds awesome, and will become a must-add for me I think. I'd almost be tempted to suggest making it a framework itself, where other people could create potential buyers and sub-plots related to those. Might be a little more manageable than trying to put all of them on you alone maybe?

I don't know how to do that yet, but I wouldn't be opposed to making it that way.