That's a good idea, GG, but when I come back to this I'll be making judicious use of blackouts to move the player. I won't be playing with carts. I would do the "follow the leader" thing if everyone moved the same speed.

I like blackouts for scene transitions, Dark Investigations uses them and it works quite well, I find enforced travelling in mods quite tedious with no real benefit, it works well in things like Prison Overhaul because being paraded through town is part of the mods 'story' but in other mods like in the old Sanguine's Debauchery where the thugs physically walked you across half of tamriel back to their slaver-base, it was pretty mind-numbing and just increased the chances of a random bandit/dragon attack breaking the mod. A blackout gets you quickly to the next scene.

Simple Slavery (Alive?) :D

Some twitching of the fingers was observed, and someone thought they briefly heard a pulse.

Obviously the bindings where not tight enough then.

So...you're saying you want it to stay dead?

I like blackouts for scene transitions, Dark Investigations uses them and it works quite well, I find enforced travelling in mods quite tedious with no real benefit, it works well in things like Prison Overhaul because being paraded through town is part of the mods 'story' but in other mods like in the old Sanguine's Debauchery where the thugs physically walked you across half of tamriel back to their slaver-base, it was pretty mind-numbing and just increased the chances of a random bandit/dragon attack breaking the mod. A blackout gets you quickly to the next scene.

I liked the being matched across the map except for being faster than my captors so I had to walk and then walk to keep pace. But i can see where it would be tedious to others.

Some twitching of the fingers was observed, and someone thought they briefly heard a pulse.

It was a joke because you know it is a slavery mod.

It was a joke because you know it is a slavery mod.

Yes, I understood. I should have added a wink. ;)

I'm always glad to see more mods of this sort, and the idea really does seem like an interesting alternative to the way slavery works now. As you mentioned, SkyrimLL is doing some work to make slavery in SD+ much more engaging as well, but that doesn't negate the good this mod could do, either as simply more tasks, or maybe an alternate way for slavery to go after a time. I believe SD+ will also have better ways for other mods to hook into it in the next version, so it's possible your job will get easier. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

As AshraXIII said, the upcoming version of SD+ adds mod events and storageUtil variables to track the player's state around slavery and listen to/ trigger events.

You will be able to tell SD+ to:

- enslave the player to an NPC

- free the player or transfer it to another NPC (useful for selling your slave)

- teleport the player to dreamworld

- have any NPC punish the player or start a gang bang with nearby NPCS (with or without dance)

- start a spriggan infection

- have your own mod be alerted when the player is enslaved, freed, punished, etc...

All this is already available in the test version.

If you have suggestions of things you would like to see in this kind of interaction, let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

Yesssss! I was really hoping that this mod is resumed or an other mod with same idea.

Bored to the same actions of the masters with SD. "go to a chair, come back to another chair, go to bed (and you wait near, untill he/she wake up), go to mining and stay long time" and always must to follow him/her.

I hope you will add some tasks to do.

In short, we will see  :P

Great! I really like the idea of working at what your slavemaster wants... sex, yes, obviously, but we've already got that... I like the farmer = farming, miner = mining, etc.

Bandit: Waylaying travelers (would require generating travelers too)... you aren't given a weapon or anything... you're the bait. Something like those bandits inhabiting Nilheim - you take the roll of Telrav).

Forsworn: Just sex... until they get tired of you and schedule you for human sacrifice, giving added incentive to escape (with SD+). Ooh... or maybe they want to sacrifice you because you tried to escape!

Smith: If only the forging station animation could be broken up so that you, the slave, had to do any dull but necessary tasks, like pumping the bellows. Since that can't be done, some other dull but necessary task like the slavemaster hands you a bunch of ore and has you smelt it, or pelts you must turn into X number of leather and Y number of strips, etc.

Alchemist: Harvest ingredients for me as we wander the breadth of Skyrim, slave.

Cook (there are a few in the game): Uh... do some cooking? Just simple stuff? Or maybe go to market and buy ingredients (cell change = SD+ escape, though, so not sure about this...).

Miner: Mining or smelting

Farmer: Farming (gathering crops)... or maybe being a cow (there are a couple of milking mods out there). Or maybe milling.

Woodcutter: Cutting wood. Which would require you having a weapon (axe), so maybe not... maybe just the master gives you a bunch of wood and you have to deliver it to the various woodpiles around town (sort of like Sigurd in Whiterun, or Faendal in Riverwood, etc).

Mage (evil mage): Being a test subject for the mage's spell research. Not necessarily always fatal... after all, a good mage does diversify into other colleges than destruction.

Thief: Hmm... Maybe same as bandit? "Ooh kind sir, my poor brother has fallen ill, just back here behind this wall in a suitably dark corner where nobody will notice, just for example, a mugging going on, will you please come help him?"

Dark Brotherhood: Hmm again. Maybe arrow practice? Or you're forced to become a new initiate?

Legion/Stormcloaks: Citizen, you will work off your debt by fighting those oppressive/rebel bastards. To make sure you toe the line, you'll be accompanied by a keeper at all times (keeper becomes master, too bad there's no way to detect when any quest other than specified one is being completed or changing stages, which is when the keeper would punish you for going off the rails).

Bard: Wander the inn as I play, holding out your hat and asking for tips for my performance.

Vampire: If standard vampire, you're just a food source. If volkihar vampire, food source with option to join...?

Dawnguard: Uh, maybe same as legion or stormcloaks?

Greybeards: Hey, someone needs to cook and clean for them, right?

Vigilants: You're the pack mule for one of the groups of Vigilants who wander the roads.

An Orc stronghold: All of the above menial tasks... after all, you're the least member of the Stronghold now... a dogsbody and nothing more.

In the case where you are wearing an enchanted collar / harness that can only be removed by the owner giving weapons to the slave wouldn't be a problem, unless said slave is really good at torture. The enchantment could electrocute you if you try to rebel or try to run away though (stagger) .

Okay, before I get a bunch of hopes up again, let's slow down a bit. I love ideas, but I'm still not great at modding. Let's see if I can get the basic slave market working. I think I can. Initially it will (hopefully) link to Slaves of Tamriel, thanks to the author's permission. Then we'll see about adding other slave options. 

Also, this will probably become part of the Death Alternative mods. It makes too much sense not to do so.

I am fine with that, although I do hope that BralorMarr would manage to tweak it a bit more.

I guess most complains against DAYMOL com from buggy recovery. Getting "killed" often launches a scenario, but character stays in dying animation, without ever recovering from it - despite that scenario keeps going on. This is especially annoying, if you actually had gone trough a massive battle, or perhaps even Civil War Overhaul combat mission. All the experience - both character and gamer experience - go to waste, when you have to load the game from previous save, despite using a mod that was designed to prevent doing so.

I agree, DA has some problems. Those problems stem mostly from the game's inherently buggy engine. Still, it's a brilliant mod that would be far beyond my ability to replicate, so I'm glad it exists.

My goal for this mod, in this incarnation, is to provide the "sell the player" platform for all the other slavery mods that want to connect. It will make judicious use of blackouts to move the player and give the impression of time passing, much like Trapped in Rubber's heat punishment scene. Once the player initiates the sell scene by talking to a guard, they will be transported to the block where npc's will bid on them. Then a random slavery mod will take over.

That's the truncated vision, at least for now.

I agree, DA has some problems. Those problems stem mostly from the game's inherently buggy engine. Still, it's a brilliant mod that would be far beyond my ability to replicate, so I'm glad it exists.

My goal for this mod, in this incarnation, is to provide the "sell the player" platform for all the other slavery mods that want to connect. It will make judicious use of blackouts to move the player and give the impression of time passing, much like Trapped in Rubber's heat punishment scene. Once the player initiates the sell scene by talking to a guard, they will be transported to the block where npc's will bid on them. Then a random slavery mod will take over.

That's the truncated vision, at least for now.

Thats a very cool idea.

Okay, update on progress: thanks to Doc Clox's help, I have successfully made a 'put the player on the auction block' scene. Next I'll try to add a bidding scene onto it, then try to link it to Slaves of Tamriel. After that, I'll have to figure out how to do the whole DA integration part, and the basics of this should be done.

Cannot get scenes to fire. Grr.

Are you using quest aliases in you scene?

One major reason for scenes or quests to fail to trigger is bad quest aliases.

Another is properties values baked into your save game. Make sure to always test on a save that is free of any changes to what you are trying to test.

Cannot get scenes to fire. Grr.

Are you using quest aliases in you scene?

One major reason for scenes or quests to fail to trigger is bad quest aliases.

Another is properties values baked into your save game. Make sure to always test on a save that is free of any changes to what you are trying to test.

No, it was much more stupid than any of that: I didn't have Fuz Doh-Rah installed.