When is the destination (which mod to use) determined?

I quicksaved in the cage so I could get auctioned off and quickload several times, to test out various scenarios. The random dialog and text boxes (well done on those, by the way!) work fine, but I'm always getting SD+ as the mod I'm sent to. Should I save before being defeated by a bandit instead?

No, everything runs off of quest stages, so it doesn't pick the slavery mod until it gets to that stage. That said, I don't know how well skyrim does random numbers. It might already have some number in the barrel so your save might keep hitting it. Do you get different owners each time?

Is it actually compatible SD+ version 3.1.1A because my character never ends up in Skyhaven, instead the SD+ slavery kicks in after the blackout stage and I've tried reinstalling SImple Slavery with no effect.

I was using SD+ 3.1 before, when the slavery didn't trigger.

Da is in charge of which mod gets chosen. Make sure simple slavery is set to a higher priority than sd (they both default to 80, something I think I'll change).

Also, simple slavery only gets chosen if you were defeated by bandits. I'll probably expand that at some point.

I quicksaved in the cage so I could get auctioned off and quickload several times, to test out various scenarios. The random dialog and text boxes (well done on those, by the way!) work fine, but I'm always getting SD+ as the mod I'm sent to. Should I save before being defeated by a bandit instead?

As an addendum, Qayl triggered for me, so it seems that the nested if's work. There are seven scenarios. Sd holds four of those independently, so there is a better than 50/50 chance of getting a sd scenario even if you have all three of the other slavery mods installed. I wanted those to be special, not things that would pop up all the time.

*glances at skyrimll* Erm...not that sd isn't special! In fact, it's the most special one of all! That's why it's used most! Heh heh... ;)

No, everything runs off of quest stages, so it doesn't pick the slavery mod until it gets to that stage. That said, I don't know how well skyrim does random numbers. It might already have some number in the barrel so your save might keep hitting it. Do you get different owners each time?

Yep, different owners each time.

As we well know from testing out Live Another Life's alternate starts, the random number generator can heavily favor certain numbers over others.

I'll keep trying... it's bound to work out sooner or later!

I tried this mod out, not exhaustively, but it looks good. The location has lots of athmosphere, and the pop-up thingies with "smile... or at least try not to snarl" made me laugh.

Found something that might be an incompatibility with Important Information Overhaul, a mod that replaces the health/stamina/magicka bars with visual effects (but you probably knew that). As soon as my character was sold, the visuals went crazy. Everything was a bright, solid red with a few blue contours. I didn't even know Skyrim could do that. Tried again, and got another visual effect, just as crazy though. I couldn't see a thing. I uninstalled IOO, got myself sold, everything worked out fine. I have a ton of mods though, so it might be an interference of Simple Slavery + IOO + something else.

I hadn't heard if IOO until now, so thanks for letting me know. I have no idea why this would conflict - very strange. Do you, by chance, have skooma whore installed as well? That mod's drinks carry a bevy of effects similar to what you describe and force feeds them to you after aggressive animations. The effects go away after time. Perhaps that was the real cause? Although if it happened before any sex scenes. Guess not. Hmm...

Yes, I have that. But there wasn't any skooma-related event around that time. In any case, it's something very minor, because what's the likelihood that someone will have your mod and IOO active at the same time? And if something like that happens, I guess it's easily fixed by disabling or uninstalling IOO. 

Is it actually compatible SD+ version 3.1.1A because my character never ends up in Skyhaven, instead the SD+ slavery kicks in after the blackout stage and I've tried reinstalling SImple Slavery with no effect.

Da is in charge of which mod gets chosen. Make sure simple slavery is set to a higher priority than sd (they both default to 80, something I think I'll change).

Also, simple slavery only gets chosen if you were defeated by bandits. I'll probably expand that at some point.

Of all the possible enslaving enemies in Skyrim, standard bandits are probably the easiest to kill, and thus the least likely to have the ability to defeat and enslave the player. That said, they're the only faction that really makes sense to send the player to the auction block. Maybe the Forsworn too, I guess, but even that not so much.

Still, I suppose it's entirely possible for unscrupulous people to be in any position. You can really justify any faction sending the player to the block. Get defeated by a corrupt guard, a necromancer who wants a little cash on the side rather than another soul for his soulgem collection, a cave bear who, uh, who...

Okay, maybe not every enemy would sell the player off. But you could set all human(oid) factions to do it...?

I don't get any dialogue on the stage. Could there possibly be a mod conflict?

I was all set to say something about needing subtitles on, but that's not the case.

You have Fuz-ro-D-oh installed? Without it, you'll still be getting dialog, technically, but it'll be speeding by too fast to see (I think... it's been a long time since I haven't had it installed).

I was beaten by bandits.

Also have you thought of adding some restraints when you arrive in the auction cage, it's just that leaving your character just naked would not stop a powerfull mage build from killing everyone in the auction.

I was beaten by bandits.

Also have you thought of adding some restraints when you arrive in the auction cage, it's just that leaving your character just naked would not stop a powerfull mage build from killing everyone in the auction.

That's a good idea... and with SD+ as a dependency, you already have an inherited dependency to devious devices, so the armbinder (or whatever) is already set to go.

If you end up removing SD+ as a dependency (for those that don't have/want it), and you don't want to make DD a dependency just for this situation, you could instead disable player controls during the whole thing. Of course, that means the bug where people fall through the floor and have to COC and then move to the right position will have to be fixed completely... :)

I was beaten by bandits.

That's a good idea... and with SD+ as a dependency, you already have an inherited dependency to devious devices, so the armbinder (or whatever) is already set to go.

If you end up removing SD+ as a dependency (for those that don't have/want it), and you don't want to make DD a dependency just for this situation, you could instead disable player controls during the whole thing. Of course, that means the bug where people fall through the floor and have to COC and then move to the right position will have to be fixed completely... :)

DD Cursed Loot has slave collars and other unique restraints, such as the heavy yoke

Okay, I've got a few notes/suggestions:

#3 (little worm) - this one jumps the gun a bit. I get the ending text box and teleported out right as the auctioneer is saying "going twice." My guess would be a misorder in quest staging.

And I finally got sent to the mines... but it just stayed a black screen, being whipped by the guards. I had to use rimodcf and could finally see. The guard (with the helmet) was too far away from the sitting guard, so dialog didn't start... but clicking on him and moveto player made things proceed normally.

Not sure if this is a bug with this mod or Slaves of Tamriel, though... I'm guessing it's this mod because I've played SOT a couple of times before and this didn't happen.

And finally...

#5 (test run) - The mighty John Randall asks why he must pay 50,000. Because the auctioneer's holding a thermal detonator!

Okay, I've got a few notes/suggestions:

#3 (little worm) - this one jumps the gun a bit. I get the ending text box and teleported out right as the auctioneer is saying "going twice." My guess would be a misorder in quest staging.

And I finally got sent to the mines... but it just stayed a black screen, being whipped by the guards. I had to use rimodcf and could finally see. The guard (with the helmet) was too far away from the sitting guard, so dialog didn't start... but clicking on him and moveto player made things proceed normally.

Not sure if this is a bug with this mod or Slaves of Tamriel, though... I'm guessing it's this mod because I've played SOT a couple of times before and this didn't happen.

And finally...

#5 (test run) - The mighty John Randall asks why he must pay 50,000. Because the auctioneer's holding a thermal detonator!

The auction ends too soon because I haven't had a chance to test each scenario and adjust the time for the player having no control. Thanks for reminding me to do that. I haven't had that problem with the SoT interface, so hopefully it's just a one time thing, as skyrim is want to do from time to time. And haha!

I was beaten by bandits.

Technically sd is not really a dependency. But you'll be literally stuck at the alter four times out of seven if you don't have it. I do plan on figuring out how to bind the player's arms at some point because technically you still have your full inventory in the cage. This mod just unequips everything and lets the other mods decide what to do with all of it. My attempts to do so have so far proved fruitless but it hasn't been a priority to figure out yet.

Will There be a follower support later?

Grettings Candiru

I don't know. I know people like follower stuff but it makes little sense to me for them to be sold with the player and I don't have any idea how to make scenes where they are sold separately as the player is forced to watch.

I tried this mod out, not exhaustively, but it looks good. The location has lots of athmosphere, and the pop-up thingies with "smile... or at least try not to snarl" made me laugh.

Found something that might be an incompatibility with Important Information Overhaul, a mod that replaces the health/stamina/magicka bars with visual effects (but you probably knew that). As soon as my character was sold, the visuals went crazy. Everything was a bright, solid red with a few blue contours. I didn't even know Skyrim could do that. Tried again, and got another visual effect, just as crazy though. I couldn't see a thing. I uninstalled IOO, got myself sold, everything worked out fine. I have a ton of mods though, so it might be an interference of Simple Slavery + IOO + something else.

I hadn't heard if IOO until now, so thanks for letting me know. I have no idea why this would conflict - very strange. Do you, by chance, have skooma whore installed as well? That mod's drinks carry a bevy of effects similar to what you describe and force feeds them to you after aggressive animations. The effects go away after time. Perhaps that was the real cause? Although if it happened before any sex scenes. Guess not. Hmm...

Yes, I have that. But there wasn't any skooma-related event around that time. In any case, it's something very minor, because what's the likelihood that someone will have your mod and IOO active at the same time? And if something like that happens, I guess it's easily fixed by disabling or uninstalling IOO.

I don't want people to have to choose. I'll check it out.

Of all the possible enslaving enemies in Skyrim, standard bandits are probably the easiest to kill, and thus the least likely to have the ability to defeat and enslave the player. That said, they're the only faction that really makes sense to send the player to the auction block. Maybe the Forsworn too, I guess, but even that not so much.

Still, I suppose it's entirely possible for unscrupulous people to be in any position. You can really justify any faction sending the player to the block. Get defeated by a corrupt guard, a necromancer who wants a little cash on the side rather than another soul for his soulgem collection, a cave bear who, uh, who...

Okay, maybe not every enemy would sell the player off. But you could set all human(oid) factions to do it...?

Yeah, I'll expand that. I have obis, so there are bandits everywhere, and...some other mod, can't remember its name, that makes bandits level with the player, so they remain a real threat to my characters the whole game.

Will There be a follower support later?

Grettings Candiru

I don't know. I know people like follower stuff but it makes little sense to me for them to be sold with the player and I don't have any idea how to make scenes where they are sold separately as the player is forced to watch.

maybe if you can figure it out the player is forced to watch it and you are getting a quest to free your follower, or the player and the follower is sold in double pack, or dont make it if you dont like, at last its your mod :) it was just an idea 

Grettings Candiru