Is it possible to do anything about NPC parts going crazy when entering doors?

Mud

So when an NPC goes through a door into a new zone, either if they're followers or just walking in as part of their path, their breasts and butts stretch to infinity for a few seconds before snapping back to their body, often causing them to spaz out and act as though they're trying to escape from their host, requiring a save and reload or disable/enable on the NPC to return them to normal - which lasts only until they go through another door, and really it's the whole crazy stretch thing that bothers me the most. Can anything be done about this?

Well it's kind of complicated to explain. Basically, I took Stevierage's modified xml from her post here, then modified some stuff like capsules and collisions ]on the JFF program for my bodyslide. Here are the plugins, maybe it'll work better for you, but I doubt it !

hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

Also, I have the XMLs from the "Setup collision" thread, and the XPMS skeleton from Groovtama, those do a lot to keep things in check. 

Well, it seems to be related to how the NPCs are loaded. When you enter a room, the characters in there are always fine. But if someone walks in the door when you're already inside, they'll be stretched out.

Either way, it seems it wasn't opening my map that returned breasts to normal, but simply opening my item/magic/map menu. Opening a pause menu, trade menu, or console didn't do anything, but that one stops all spazzing. Possibly related to the previous enb ini tweak.

to fix the problem when happens just enter in first person view and point the camera to a wall, avoid to make the camera look at the npc with the wierd breasts, after a few secs turn around and everything should be as normal.

to me happens sometimes and the above solution works everytime.

I'm probably wrong but from what I've seen is that the hdt system has to reload the coordinates of the bones on cell transition and that's what causes the temporary infi stretch. I don't know if it's possible for hdt to be adjusted to disable itself on cell load and then reload itself after the cell finishes loading. I feel this wouldn't solve the issue with new npcs entering into a cell though

IMHO the problem comes from the way certain meshes are weighted and rigged.  I usually have 4 followers (UFO) and found that the 2 that used bodies I created with Body Slide and the HDT preset as the basis for that CBBE body did not have this problem, nor the issue with the torpedoe effect on the breasts.  The 2 that used a UNP mesh did have both of those problems and after spending a few days trying to tweak an HDT XML file for each, the best I could do was get one of the bodies breast shape back to almost normal.  It would still spaz out on cell changes.  I am using the HDT XPMS skeleton and Realistic Ragdolls.

I tried to re-weight the meshes by hand, but the results were worse than the orginal problem.

I then found a program on this forum called Mesh Rigger and used that along with the the HDT preset in Body Slide to redo the bones and rigging on the meshes that caused me problems.  The re-weighted and re-rigged meshes were then run through NifSkope to check the texture paths (only one had a problem with that) and to do a face normals command and make all skin partitions command on both the 0 and 1 weight of each mesh.  It was simple to figure out how to use both programs and believe me, I'm a complete ID10T when it comes to this stuff.

That has solved the problem for me.  I have used the above method on 4 UNP based meshes.  I have only one HDT XML file unmodified, and I am using the last .DLL file posted on the HDT web site.  I use both PS Universal PC Body Changer and Body Change.  I do not have WaitBusyRenderer set in my ENB ini, since it causes too much of a frame loss on my computer.

Archived