[Alpha]Empire Coat (Formerly some random shitty Test)

Yoo

Well, I'm a little bit annoyed since i'm unable to grab that mod on the nexus. (Hidden file). Is there any chance to release it here ?

Also, It's not everyone who'll be able to deal with havok and physics. For modders all around, the first steps of dealing with Blender/Max <=> Nifskope is already challenging.

So, it could be more interesting for everyone (modders) to create a kind of step by step to bring physics to clothes. Instead of saying "I Just doubt that anyone will be interested in replicating this." wich has a meaning of : I did it, why can't you ? 

And it's not counting on the fact that any information are available anywhere else but on the nexus. Since the file is hidden, it's available anywhere.

Nothing personal, just an obvious observation.

Well, I'm a little bit annoyed since i'm unable to grab that mod on the nexus. (Hidden file). Is there any chance to release it here ?

Upload done

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/813-empire-coat-a-hdt-test/

Also, It's not everyone who'll be able to deal with havok and physics. For modders all around, the first steps of dealing with Blender/Max <=> Nifskope is already challenging.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27387-hdt-autopilot-tools-for-3ds/

That does most of the job, so u dont have to deal with the tedious/difficult stuff related to HCT

So, it could be more interesting for everyone (modders) to create a kind of step by step to bring physics to clothes.

Video Uploaded at 29/09/2013

And it's not counting on the fact that any information are available anywhere else but on the nexus. Since the file is hidden, it's available anywhere.

Nexus isnt the center of universe... Is just a "community" now filled mostly by silent clickers because if you say something you have a chance of getting banned.

Instead of saying "I Just doubt that anyone will be interested in replicating this." wich has a meaning of : I did it, why can't you ? 

Well, sometimes I think that my poor english skills arent good enough to express myself correctly, but I see that I did it well this time.

Because I learnt how to use HDTPE, HCT, Nifskope and the CK in less than two weeks (and Im not bragging and Im not telling you that is easy, but with the amount of information you have available its quite far from impossible).

So, if there are just a couple of cloth mods, its not because there arent enough tools/information.

END OF RANT.

TLDR:

I hid the mod because it was just an alpha for testing, and I got tired of reading "me wants" stuff instead of "how to". I'll upload it here soon.

Upload done

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/813-empire-coat-a-hdt-test/

Minimal support, working on "Project Merida"

TLDR:

I hid the mod because it was just an alpha for testing, and I got tired of reading "me wants" stuff instead of "how to". I'll upload it here soon.

And that's why I have given up hope on uploading to Nexus, ever...

Other than, great work your doing here Yoo! Hope you find LL a more hospitable place for future mods/projects :)

That's a fair rant !

And an unexpected answer full of knowledge !

This post should now be pinned up for its amount of information.. .Thank you twice !

I dont know if the beers I drank are making me paranoid or its just my faulty sarcasm detector giving me false alarms or maybe my public school english classes are tricking me to interpret this in the wrong way... but... if you are trying to be sarcastic, read the post, if not, just ignore it and I beg your pardon.

Lets try to find the sheer amount information I mentioned...

Nightasy tutorials which I found writing Skyrim Tutorials 3DSMax

OMG, whats the second video suggestion? Canderes tutorials! What would happen if I check his channel? OMG, A COMPLETE SET OF TUTORIALS AND TESTS USING HDTPE. And since we already know his name and his awesomeness (really, I owe this guy a drink) we could write instead Canderes Tutorials thats a lot of stuff to watch... Want more? Look at this topic

Wait, more? how about reading that thing called Havok Content Tools User reference? (I was going to put an image of my Max Window showing the exact location, but I got lazy) and I cant upload / post the entire HCT user reference because its against the TOS.

That should cover most of the HDT / 3DSMax related stuff... wait, do you want to dig even more?

Why dont you go to the second page of this topic, if you are interested about my different approaches on creating Cloth of course... If you dont want to read the whole thing, just Cloth using bones reactor 

You can also read about collisions here  just if you want to create a mostly compatible mod. Or just Collision Filters Havok and read some of the developer forums at intel it should give you some info about that stuff.

Well, I think thats enough and with all that info, you should be doing stuff way better than this shitty test because I was lazy and I never watched the entire videos and never readed the entire developing threads around this forum.

So,right, the information is out there, actually its EVERYWERE... Maybe I should create a tutorial about how to use google? or DuckDuckGo if you care about your privacy?

And before you say it, yes, I should read a tutorial about manners and anger managment and not being a dick and proper writing and a lot of stuff but, Its the way I am and I'm quite old to change.

meh... I should go to sleep, my head is about to explode... too much alcohol...

Well.. I can tell you that i did not answer with sarcasm or second degree. What i said is just that your rant was justified. Your answer was unexpected because i really didn't expect you to post videos and links. And yes, just for that it should be pinned up.

And i can't ignore your last post because, once again, it contain a lot of tutorials that will help modders here to bring physics to clothes. Even if i didn't deserved all the ranting, i don't mind.

I'm a Blender user myself but i can rely on the Max process for some of the models. I didn't had time to read everything and i hope that Blender tools are around.

So, thank you again !

Then, I must say that I'm deeply sorry about the ranting and the sarcasm, It was a bad night and I must admit, Im too used to read hate posts so I always expect the worst xD

But, Im happy you find it usefull aside the ranting (once again, I apologize)

Be sure to ask anything, I'll gladly answer (without going mad xD)

Archived