Converting HDT between Skyrim and New Vegas

_Iceberg_

Are there any of you who have extensive modding knowledge of the HDT physics plugin that would mind speculating on translating this to NVSE for New Vegas? Might help prepare it for Fallout 4 later on down the pipe as well. My limited knowledge on this thinks that a simple re-written version to apply the plugin to NVSE might be possible by making it NVSE compatible and renaming the bones referenced in the plugin as I'm fairly certain that Skyrim and New Vegas use the same physics engine. I'd do it myself but I'm not really fluent in either SKSE or NVSE. Anyone have thoughts or advice? Also, what program should I use to convert .dll files to text and vice versa for editing, in case I decide to attack it myself?

Well, who knows about FO4. Beth tried to tell us that the "new" engine for Skyrim was the 'Creation Engine' .. LOL remember that funny thing?

Well, it was just a frankenstine'd version of gamebryo.

But, since they can finally stop concentrating on 32bit/512MB ram consoles, and instead on 64bit/8GB ram consoles; we may actually see a REAL new engine (for FO4 and TES6).

So this would not be comptible.

And honestly, the best place to ask questions about HDT and HDT enabled stuff, would be to send a message to HydrogensaysHDT on here (who I'm pretty sure is a woman [whoa!]; don't use too much english slang) or ask newmiller on nexus.

Not for animation but for physics. Two separate things actually. HDT as I understand it, makes the HAVOK engine apply to the breast and hair bones designated in the skeleton and completely bypasses the animation files. I'd still like to at least translate it to NVSE to run experiments myself, but I can't find a decent program download out there to edit the NVSE and SKSE .dlls that I can't expect a virus from.

Not for animation but for physics. Two separate things actually. HDT as I understand it, makes the HAVOK engine apply to the breast and hair bones designated in the skeleton and completely bypasses the animation files. I'd still like to at least translate it to NVSE to run experiments myself, but I can't find a decent program download out there to edit the NVSE and SKSE .dlls that I can't expect a virus from.

Source code for OBSE, FOSE,NVSE & SKSE available at silverlock site (same site you download SKSE from)

Dev-C++, Visual Studio Xpress, last I heard they were trying to release without virii :dodgy:

Archived