I need a bone...

blabba

Hello again!

After my success with adding Belly Jiggle + Collision (Still need to tweak the values)

I am onto another experimental idea (no, it;s not arm or thigh jiggling...)

I am trying to simulate 'realistic' breast physics on metal armors...

Basically I want my breasts to be bouncing, but not the metal armor....

Only way I can think of is either by adding a new (dummy) bone...

OR, since there is such an abundance of Bones in the XP32 skeletons (groovtama's version ofc)

I can use an existing bone that is not used on females/futa's (gotta think of ALL the folks out there...)

and weight paint the metallic armor around the breasts and/or butt areas and try adding those new weights as rigid bodies in the .xml

I honestly have no idea, and the 1 attempt I made at adding a new bone (RCape12 or something like that...) gave me a weird green penis (maybe something to with SOS? I did install UNP addon for it long time back for teh lulz, but I'm fairly sure I uninstalled it after the lol factor wore off for me.)

So anyone know any good empty bones not being used on them females? Besides the vag bones? Those are going to be used soon from what a little birdy told me ;)

Or will I have to ask for help from a magnificent modder capable of editing skeletons to add a dummy bone for me? (winks at groovtama)

Spine 2? That's the bone i weight metal to when i don't want it to jiggle, and if there is some cleavage going on then i keep the weights on the exposed bits and remove them where covered by metal.

Hehehe, good suggestion, although 1 problem, the body underneath is weighted to spine2 as well. and unfortunately if I make that a rigid body then I get complete no breast movement (while naked and in armor)...

Instead of just 'collision with armor' on the top.

However, your suggestion just sparked a very interesting notion, I am now testing weight paint's using the Breast01, and/or the Spine2.

The problem with using existing weights? They exist on the body as well :(

The fix? Link armor to a new hdtArmor.xml file and test armor only collision that way.

Other possible problems:

1. I'll need to get the actual body node inside the armor mesh to retain it's jigglyness, which means that I may have to possibly have 2 NiStingExtraData parented to two different nodes in the armor (1 to Body node to original bouncy .xml) and another to the Armor mesh node covering the breasts..

2. Something else may crop up...

Just a few quick questions though:

1. Is spine2 not animated?

2. Is the NPC neck bone safe to use or is it used to control head tracking?

If you want to use collision then when you make/convert/port the armour you could add your own bone and add a rigid body to that (in max)

But wouldn't it be easier to adjust the weights for the armour in question?

Spine 2 weights

u2oe23gbde2m53b7g.jpg
3j279bgloq9m31s7g.jpg

Breast weights

ot9r57gxfae823t7g.jpg
ryvzvhb7568ehdc7g.jpg

But wouldn't it be easier to adjust the weights for the armour in question?

:o

Hehe, my reaction to such a simple but effective method, followed by asking myself why didn't I think of that?

I'm just trying out different ways to achieve the effect I was looking for xD, but by far the weight adjusting seems to be the best one (still need to test lol).

Although your relatively brilliant idea of just adjusting the breast weights for the armor so that you remove it from the armor and the top part of the breasts in the imported body seems to be by far the best (and easiest) way to achieve the effect I'm looking for.

On a somewhat related note, one feature I'm thinking about adding to Mesh Rigger would be a 'normalize weights' by bone and material type.

The idea would be to add an option that would allow you to control which bones get copied to which mesh. I'd also like to add a feature that sets the tool to normalize specified weights for specified meshes. Assuming I implement it correctly, the mesh will respond rigidly to the movements of a normalized bone, compared to the flexible deformation that you normally see with boneweights.

I haven't yet decided how I'd like to implement it, but if that sounds like a useful feature, or have some ideas on how you might want to use it, let me know.

On a somewhat related note, one feature I'm thinking about adding to Mesh Rigger would be a 'normalize weights' by bone and material type.

The idea would be to add an option allow you to control which bones get copied to which mesh. I'd also like to add a feature that sets the tool to normalize specified weights for specified meshes, which causes the mesh to respond rigidly to the movements of the select bones.

I haven't yet decided how I'd like to implement it, but if that sounds like a useful feature, or have some ideas on how you might want to use it, let me know.

You would be a hero....

In fact you already are, after I found out mesh rigger copies the NIStringExtraData stuff into each meshes .nif xD!!

I believe I saw something similar to what you want to get at, try downloading the sevenbase Nightshade armor from the nexus, whoever edited that from the original armor got the exposed parts jiggly while retaining a rigid midsection.It might be useful to you.

I like the idea of separate hdt files for the body and armor, that would be cool, but is it possible? Hope so :)

I think I know exactly what you're talking about and i think someone did a sovngarde steel version like this. I would find the effect more than satisfactory.

in order to have jubbly juggies while the character is wearing rigid armor, you do not need a bone. . . consider: 

iV0weJrrrPVEt.jpg

this is an ADEC outfit. it does not have weight painting on the mesh for the breast bones. This is all you need to do is add un-outfitted / naked weight painting for the breast bones (butt too I suppose) to the outfit.

To add weight painting to the flesh and not to the outfit, you would need to do some kinda comparison vs a naked mesh and select/affect only exposed flesh.

here's an algorithm...

if (
   <coords for a vertex on the outfit mesh>
   <is within a certain range of> 
      (
      <coords of a vertex on the naked mesh> 
      AND
      (<does not exactly match coords> OR <is extremely close to matching coords>) 
      )
   )
   then { do not include the vertex in further operations }

if ( <coords for a vertex on the naked mesh>  ==  <coords for a vertex on the outfit mesh> )
   then {copy weight painting from naked mesh to outfit mesh}

this could probably work better with XOR, but I'm not seeing it right now. The range comparison has to be made because most outfits leave the entire body intact . . . most people do not cull unseen faces. If they did, it would be easier as all you'd have to do then would be exactly to match verts.

I think this would select and affect exposed flesh only. depending on the number/resolution of vertices, you might actually do a +1 vert on the perimeter of the selected flesh.

[edit] actually my alg is fucked up and i can't see the solution at the mo.

The idea would be to add an option that would allow you to control which bones get copied to which mesh. I'd also like to add a feature that sets the tool to normalize specified weights for specified meshes. Assuming I implement it correctly, the mesh will respond rigidly to the movements of a normalized bone, compared to the flexible deformation that you normally see with boneweights.

that actually would do what blabba was talking about before I answered...

select the meshes of an outfit by material, compare proximity (with some permutation of the alg above), then apply weight painting from a naked mesh to the selected verts of the outfit mesh.

Further, @blabba, with this 'method', i think that you actually could apply different physics to the different parts of the outfit based on using material as some kind of selector. 

In the above pic having the outfit move less flexibly than flesh would more than satisfactory.

Sounds good. I've now added a few experimental settings to Mesh Rigger.

The first is 'Material Type'. It has three settings, 'Skin Only','Exclude Skin', and 'All Materials'. This allows you to selectively weightpaint either skin materials or non-skin materials, or ignore material type altogether for a given run of Mesh Rigger. Note: this feature depends on one of the following block types BSLightingShaderProperty, BSShaderPPLightingProperty, or the NiMaterialPropertybeing properly configured for skin.

The second is 'Gender'

This attempts to determine the gender of a nif by examining the file path and texture file paths. This allows you to selectively weightpaint male or female meshes on a given run.

The third is 'normalize'. This sets the weightpainting for any added weights to a single max value for all affected vertices. Note: I'm not entirely happy with my current normalization algorithm. We'll see how it does.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sw0qkgidn92dvoa/Mesh%20Rigger_material_gender_norm_test.7z

Depending on feedback, I may modify the modes a bit...I could add a 'normalize non skin' button instead of the current normalize button and skin radio buttons combination.

Yes, that was through editing weight paints.

I was hoping to achieve a more universal effect with current armors not needing to be re-weights but unfortunately, I cannot seem to find a way to do that.

I was thinking of adding an empty bone to the armors attached with a rigid body and then mass transfer that bone through gerra6's wonderful program. It's just that testing in 3DSMax the effects just weren't up to par with the gifs you've shown.

Edit: I think gerra6's new program may solve everything though :) I'll test it out and post results.

See what happens with the experimental Mesh Rigger version.

right now, it requires two runs...one with Skin enabled and normalize disabled, a second with Skin disabled and normalize enabled.

I'll probably modify that to just a toggle button that normalzes non-skin meshes.

I am unsure if it is my mesh that may not be properly configured or if the experimental mesh rigger doesn't like me :(

Either way I'm posting the mesh and the log info.

If it's a mesh issue, Let me know what I can do to fix (I'm still a noob when it comes to .nifs, but quick to learn)

Edit: I experimented with Gender options, that wasn't the issue, as well as the havok node options. They all failed/crashed.

daedric.nif

Archived