Mesh-based Pubic Hair

Am I on the money or am I missing the point? What you want is pubic hair, as modular meshes, not part of the model itself, but rather, attached to whichever body model you use? If so, then hell, I'm with you on that one mate.

Things would be pretty limited if the hair was modelled into the mesh itself (since it would be a permanent thing), and simple texture mods can sometime be a bit flat (even with normals), as is the nature of textures LOL. But with seperate interchangable meshes, you could make truly 3D bushes, using a series of curved planes, with an alpha texture so that it looks like individual tufts of hair protruding from the goal. Basically more realistic.

These adverts kill me man... "Local Slappers" LMAO. I think they could've chose a better name than that. I mean these guys are British, so they should know that calling some1 a slapper is like calling them a dirty slag or "the village bike" LOL. I wonder if any1 buys into this HAHAHA.

using a series of curved planes, with an alpha texture so that it looks like individual tufts of hair protruding from the goal. Basically more realistic.

According to my experience with Gambryo engine multiple overlapping planes with alpha could produce unpredictable results at different angles. Tricky relatively simple meshes are required:

https://pulse.emergent.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=511

Skyrim is based on the modified Gambryo, hence, everything is possible and the above might be not true. I have seen similar meshes in other programs and games: they are all made in the proposed by Krista way.

When CS will be available it would be possible to add it as a merkin (clothes or armor) textured differently.

:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It turns out doing this is pretty easy in Nifskope with the Lady Body. If you want to add a pubic hair mesh to say, CBBE from the Lady Body, you only need to move around the mesh a little bit for it to fit well. Copy a branch and paste it into the model you want it to go on. In my case, I did this with CBBE with BBP or whatever it's called. I don't know if I have the required permissions to put this up for download, but if I can get them easily and if there's any demand I may do it.

I haven't figured out how to do this with 4uDIK's body. The problem is that both hairs (pubic and armpit) seem to be part of the same mesh. Since the proportions don't appear to be precisely the same between female body mods, I haven't been able to align both precisely. Am I missing something? I have no idea how to cut up a model into two.

I've attached some screenshots of my work.

Squid889' date=' thats awesome work! Any way you could explain exactly how that was done? Sorry, i'm a total noob with nifscope, opened it up and have no idea what i'm doing!

Thanks for any assistance!

[/quote']

Sure. This was my method. First, open up two NifSkope windows. Load the nif that includes the pubic hair mesh in one, and load the one you want to put the pubic hair mesh onto in the other. You should be able to find the pubic hair mesh by looking at the block list (View -> Block List.) It should be one of the NiTriShape entries. Then, right click the NiTriShape, go to Block, and then Copy Branch. You should then be able to go to the other body model, right clicking 0 NiNode and pasting the branch you just copied. The pubic hair mesh should now be on the body that did not originally include it, but you might want to move it around a bit to make sure it's where you want it to be.

I think it's necessary to do this with both femalebody_0 and femalebody_1 separately. I think femalebody_0 is the 0 weight setting mesh and femalebody_1 is the 100 weight setting mesh. Once the pubic hair mesh is visible on the body you want to use, you can move it by right clicking it and using "Transform" to edit its location or scale its vertices. You may want to change the default texture for the body; to do this, find the NiTriShape for the body and look for the BSLightingShaderProperty entry within, and then look within BSLightingShaderProperty for BSShaderTextureSet, then look within the Textures entry in the Block Details (View -> Block Details) to find some .dds textures NifSkope thinks it can use. You can then switch the textures to a different set by clicking the purple flower icon and selecting different .dds textures. I don't know if there's a permanent effect, so you may want to switch back to the original textures when you're done.

If you haven't already, you'll need to first inform NifSkope where your texture folders are. You can do this by going to Render -> Settings -> Rendering and then adding folders. You'll want the final folder to be called Data, as in for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data. You can also have it auto detect game paths, but it didn't detect my Skyrim game path. It detected Oblivion and Fallout 3 though.

This may all seem very complicated, but you can easily start over from any mistakes, and making mistakes will help one to learn what everything does, I think.

To anyone who knows this better than I do, feel free to correct me, I'm still learning how to use NifSkope myself.

needs to be bigger' date=' I want a fluffy look... I wanna look at my character from behind and see her pubes hang just like those asian girls

a true barbarian woman never shaves!

[/quote']

I'd love to, but it's not within my abilities right now. If anyone can find any better meshes and point me to them, I suppose I could see what I could do.

Hey Squid889,

First off - thank you so much for taking time out to write this guide for me. Very much appreciated.

Been messing about with nifscope and the problem i'm having is this:

i'm trying to copy the pubic hair mesh from Krista_Pubic_Hair, and paste it onto a customized CBBE. I right click on the mesh(its a NiTriStrips) and click Block->Copy Branch, and then right click the 0 NiNode of the CBBE body and click Block->Paste Branch. Immediately I hit an error message "failed to map parent link NiNode|Bip01 L Thigh".

So its basically a brick wall for me! I've tried pubic hair meshes from another body listed in this thread and get a similar message :(

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Cheers!

Hey Squid889' date='

First off - thank you so much for taking time out to write this guide for me. Very much appreciated.

Been messing about with nifscope and the problem i'm having is this:

i'm trying to copy the pubic hair mesh from Krista_Pubic_Hair, and paste it onto a customized CBBE. I right click on the mesh(its a NiTriStrips) and click Block->Copy Branch, and then right click the 0 NiNode of the CBBE body and click Block->Paste Branch. Immediately I hit an error message "failed to map parent link NiNode|Bip01 L Thigh".

So its basically a brick wall for me! I've tried pubic hair meshes from another body listed in this thread and get a similar message :(

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Cheers!

[/quote']

I get that problem with the Krista Pubic Hair mod too. I don't know why. It says the NifSkope version is different, so maybe that has to do with it, or maybe the body mods are just too different, I have no idea. In general, this will only work if the 0 NiNode has the same name (value) between the two body mods you're working with. In the case of one that I've tried, the 0 NiNode is called FemaleBody_0.nif and in another case it's called Scene Root. You'll want to change it so the one you're pasting to has the same name as the original. That said, I have no idea what that error message is really saying in this case.

If you've looked at the Krista Pubic Hair mod and tried using that, maybe you should try with the "Lady Body" mod for Skyrim instead. It looks basically the same to me. The modder is the same, if I recall correctly. It worked for me without that error as the base mod to copy from.

Since there has been some expressed demand for a pubic hair mesh for CBBE, I've chosen to make it available. I'm posting it on the Nexus too for anyone who wants it. The screenshots I will put up will be the same as those up here. In case anyone wants it from here, I'll attach it to this post. This one requires a BBP skeleton.

Pubic Hair.7z

Since there has been some expressed demand for a pubic hair mesh for CBBE' date=' I've chosen to make it available. I'm posting it on the Nexus too for anyone who wants it. The screenshots I will put up will be the same as those up here. In case anyone wants it from here, I'll attach it to this post. This one requires a BBP skeleton.

[/quote']

its not showing up in my character