Mesh-based Pubic Hair

Before the insane proliferation of Skyrim body mods gets any more profuse I wanted to remind all modders of the single most important piece of immersion for me personally and that was of course mesh-based pubic hair.

High resolution textures are great and all, hell even normal maps supporting pubes were great but having each and every single hair modeled in the mesh takes the cake (see images) and was streets ahead of having a mere pubic texture.

CLICK for full 1080

th_628546527_2011_12_21_00001_123_54lo.jpg th_628549674_2011_12_21_00002_123_14lo.jpg th_628553726_2011_12_21_00003_123_348lo.jpg

th_628555365_2011_12_21_00004_123_161lo.jpg

I'm unsure of how Skyrim's modelling framework operates but I imagine it can't be too difficult to investigate the possibility of adding mesh-based pube options to future body mods. I've taken a look at the meshes in NifSkope and the pubic mesh is completely independent and could be easily appended to the nether regions of body mods. I've included the relevant mesh/textues from Oblivion as downloads seeing as the original file "Sexy Elves" by Krista is no longer available with anvilbay down.

www.mediafire.com/?h5qhc9ujjgx18rz

My hope is that at least some future body mods incorporate these nifty meshes to some degree if at all.

That's dedication to the pubic bush right there. I can't help but think I'd prefer those extra polys to be used elsewhere (outfits, higher res bodies, heck - the rocks could do with some more division). I reckon with a mixture of polys and alpha maps (think how the grass is done but more detailed) you should be able to get a good result without out breaking the poly bank.

Guest wnxmegax

I was planning on using those meshes when the construction set comes out or when ever theirs a guide on how to import and export body types into blender and back into the game still w8ing on that guide.

I was planning on using those meshes when the construction set comes out or when ever theirs a guide on how to import and export body types into blender and back into the game still w8ing on that guide.

its been out for a while' date=' and it includes a video by me.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3790

[/quote']

Thanks 2Pac4eva. I just bought Skyrim and updated Nifskope and was looking for something like this. Big thanks man.

I am annoyed about the most texturers not providing pubic hair. First: I hate shaved women. Second: I doubt that the medieval woman have been shaved. For the Oblivion mods I used a pubic mesh from a russian modder and nifscoped it into all bodymods I used. Worked pretty well and looked better than a texture.

Go pubic! ;)

I am annoyed about the most texturers not providing pubic hair. First: I hate shaved women. Second: I doubt that the medieval woman have been shaved. For the Oblivion mods I used a pubic mesh from a russian modder and nifscoped it into all bodymods I used. Worked pretty well and looked better than a texture.

Go pubic! ;)

Where can i get it for oblivion?

Go to this website

Anvil Bay

Most of the website is in russian and the modder is Krista. Although the site is in russian you can use the search field in the upper right corner. Type in 'lady' and you will find nearly all of her mods at once. The pubic hair is in the 'Lady Underwear'-mod. I had to browse my backups to look it up and so I put the files out and rar-ed them. Find them attached. But please have in mind that Krista made them. You may additionally download the mod from Anvil Bay to check out the paths. But you can also look up the texture paths in NifScope.

Krista Pubic Hair.rar

Guest wnxmegax

its been out for a while' date=' and it includes a video by me.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3790

[/quote']

oh hmm guess I didn't see you already made a tutrorial nice will look into it soon.

I personally approve. Never really been into women shaving. I like it all natural. =D

it looks nice but i prefer my women shaved. i dont like going down on hairy bushes

This (and I keep myself bare to spare my gf the same horror). Still though, that's an impressive bit of work.

Go to this website

Anvil Bay

Most of the website is in russian and the modder is Krista. Although the site is in russian you can use the search field in the upper right corner. Type in 'lady' and you will find nearly all of her mods at once. The pubic hair is in the 'Lady Underwear'-mod. I had to browse my backups to look it up and so I put the files out and rar-ed them. Find them attached. But please have in mind that Krista made them. You may additionally download the mod from Anvil Bay to check out the paths. But you can also look up the texture paths in NifScope.

I added the mesh (krista to the lowerbody with blender, but lowerbody is invisible for some reason. Also where do the textures files go?

Can someone give me an step by step guide, so that I can do this correctly?

Go to this website

Anvil Bay

I added the mesh (krista to the lowerbody with blender' date=' but lowerbody is invisible for some reason. Also where do the textures files go?

Can someone give me an step by step guide, so that I can do this correctly?

[/quote']

Siouliusn helped me some time ago with the instruction you can find in this thread: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=1909.

You can find out the texturepath by opening the mesh with nifscope. I cannot look up where exectly it is as I have not installed it at the moment. Just click through the blooks, it is quite easy to find.

I have used hair shader (BSLightingShaderProperty block from a working hair nif) and changed the texture names/paths (same for both - "textures\actors\character\hair\pubhairbl.dds"). Textures are in textures-hair directory (see zip file for tree structure).

NiTriShape nodes should have new names (not used by the game), in my case "PHair". NifScope can rename this node after copy/paste branch operation, hence, be careful.

Boots problem. My bad: BSDismemberSkinInstance/Partitions/Partitions/Body Part should be set to "32" (in the zip files it is 38). I have tested: that works in the game (32 is torso).