Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended

XPMS Skeleton HDT

• Please log in to reply
1196 replies to this topic

RogueMage

RogueMage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

I just installed it and immediately recognized the placement of the arrow quiver beeing half in the butt of my female character. The dagger (hip) seems to be OK, but as the quiver is so far within the butt it seems to hover in the air. I used (one-handed on back, dagger on hip, tried chesco and xp-chesko version). For now I reinstalled the previous version. Could you please have a look at it?

Groovtama

Groovtama

Insane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

O.o so since it was never in the rig map you won't have to change it if you added the pre-belly node?

And so if your proposed belly node changes did occur, would there be slight movement from when the spine moves to affect the belly?

I think I'm getting a clearer picture now thanks to your explanations :)

Just 1 last question, what exactly is a rig map? Is it the femalebody.hkx files?

Thanks for taking a look into all of this as well :)

Let's start with the last question a rig map is something that matches data from keyed animation to the Havok animation system that then moves the bones around.

All files with the general naming schema skeleton*.hkx are rig maps. In an animation.hkx there is the bonename with movement data, in the rig map is a list with all names of the bones that are enabled for keyed animation movement. If a bonename is matched with a name in the name list of the bones, Havok animation systems moves it, or else it ignores the data.

I can't foresee if there will be problems with the node added to the rig map and enabled to be animatied because I don't know if existing animation will cause horrible bugs. (They may be already there but you never saw them because they were never matched)

So to the first question, yeah I don't have to change the rig map for HDT stuff because HDT goes around the rig map stuff, the rig map just got an update for legacy animation support with HDT. If you do everything with HDT you don't have to care about bones which are not in the rig map. Just the ones who are because Havok and HDT will fight^^. (on a side note it's the same as with ECE sliders^^)

So to the second question movement from spine would still be transported with the new setup, the new and the old setup doesn't differ in that point.

Techie explanation: Just a little bit about vectorizing.

I just split up the Belly node which is one vector now into three vectors (One the actual node for the body, one with the translation and one for my ordering^^ just as the breast setup), which will be in the sum the same as the vector before. if you move the start of the whole vetor or the start of the splitted ones. Both will give the same end result. With the belly node and prebelly node you can do what you want with it with HDT.^^

I just installed it and immediately recognized the placement of the arrow quiver beeing half in the butt of my female character. The dagger (hip) seems to be OK, but as the quiver is so far within the butt it seems to hover in the air. I used (one-handed on back, dagger on hip, tried chesco and xp-chesko version). For now I reinstalled the previous version. Could you please have a look at it?

Are you using closer quivers or longer quivers? Both Forstfall variants tend to clip when using it. Also depending on the body mesh you use they clip. Try the ECE weapon position sliders that's basically the reason they were made.^^

Really ? I'm kind of scared of doing it, I mean I don't want to screw up my character's face like I did when I inadvertently uninstalled Chargen once ... 

How should I proceed, simply removing Chargen Morphs and installing ECE directly ? I got a lot of plugins for racemenu too, like CharGen Morphs, CharGen ECE Morphs, Ethereal Elven OverhaulECE Morphs,  EEO Morphs, EEO patch... That means a lot of morphs and stuff, if I uninstall one everything goes down eh ? 

Everything of Chargen Morphs is incompatible with ECE, redoing the face of your character (and just your character) will be inevitable.

How chargen manipulates EEO is something I don't know. EEO Patches for Dragonborn and Dawnguard should still work.

Replace Chargen Morphs with ECE on a calm day it may give you some problems or when you want to do a new game.

Redflyingmonkey

Redflyingmonkey

Literal Bookworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Everything of Chargen Morphs is incompatible with ECE, redoing the face of your character (and just your character) will be inevitable.

How chargen manipulates EEO is something I don't know. EEO Patches for Dragonborn and Dawnguard should still work.

Replace Chargen Morphs with ECE on a calm day it may give you some problems or when you want to do a new game.

I'm just gonna take your HDT rig with the sword on back and wait till I'm on my gaming pc to try everything else ! 
Thank you again and good work by the way

Melodic

Melodic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Awesome! me gusta!

btw why i never get buttscale effect on my 7b bombshell ?:<

Because Bombshell 3.2/3.3 has no real BBP, only BBP without Butt bones (Extra jiggle one has TBBP without Butt bones). Such a setup was called BP (Breast Physic) in old UNPB releases but at some point people started using BBP for BP (don't ask me why). Only Sevenbase body with Buttbones is the TBBP one.

oh now its working after attaching buttbones :D thx for tip

got another problem, when installed your moded skeleton my body start look weird in 3dmax

Spoiler

Groovtama

Groovtama

Insane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

oh now its working after attaching buttbones :D thx for tip

got another problem, when installed your moded skeleton my body start look weird in 3dmax

Spoiler

Known problem with importing the skeleton nif in 3ds max, will provide a modders resource for mesh import/animation when I have the time.

Meanwhile use Vioxsis max file from here for mesh imports and the Modders resource at the Nexus XPMS page for animation.

RogueMage

RogueMage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Are you using closer quivers or longer quivers? Both Forstfall variants tend to clip when using it. Also depending on the body mesh you use they clip. Try the ECE weapon position sliders that's basically the reason they were made.^^

Ahhhh, these sliders :lol: . I am using selective quivers (makes all quivers look the same). I have had to try a lot as I haven't found a way to turn my character in ECE to see the back or side. But after some trying I got pretty close to what I wanted.

Thank you very much. :D

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

@groovtama

You sir are my new hero.

If I wasn't maxed out on like's I'd give it you (I still will once I am unmaxed out lol)

Side note:

I am using HDT physics extensions along with Phrygnos' SOS schlong for female and am finding that with this new skeleton I crash a lot more.

However the crashes are 'stable' crashes where the hdtphysicsextension save file can be reloaded and the female char is equipped with the schlong completely fine and gameplay continues smoothly until you undress another female and the thing does it over again...

It's kinda funny to look at, because it makes the area a super bright white light (kinda like a censor).

I reserve judgment that this is your skeleton file causing the crashes until the actual SOS for female plugin is out of beta though.

Regardless if your interested in an image let me know.

Groovtama

Groovtama

Insane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

@groovtama

You sir are my new hero.

If I wasn't maxed out on like's I'd give it you (I still will once I am unmaxed out lol)

Side note:

I am using HDT physics extensions along with Phrygnos' SOS schlong for female and am finding that with this new skeleton I crash a lot more.

However the crashes are 'stable' crashes where the hdtphysicsextension save file can be reloaded and the female char is equipped with the schlong completely fine and gameplay continues smoothly until you undress another female and the thing does it over again...

It's kinda funny to look at, because it makes the area a super bright white light (kinda like a censor).

I reserve judgment that this is your skeleton file causing the crashes until the actual SOS for female plugin is out of beta though.

Regardless if your interested in an image let me know.

I don't have problems with the SOS UNP one. So I don't know if the skeleton causes a problem in general or just with that. I just added one bone for my ordering. The SOS nodes didn't change for females since Bel made the first XPMS Female + SoS Skeleton.

Maybe the file size of the skeleton which has blown up 80 new bones in 3rd and 350 more in 1st person may give people problems. Will also declutter the skeletons from unneeded nodes, which will shrink them again.

Edit: Ran a quick stability test, no problem with the UNP one, but got a small lag between undressing the female and equiping the schlong of the female may be a script problem. I may don't get a CTD because of the New Mem patch don't know. Will run a test with the other one when I'm finding it in my NMM...

Edit2: While searching it, I found this http://www.loverslab...ssion/?p=625452 may fix your problem.

tase

tase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Fixed the BAIN wizard : https://dl.dropboxus...1244/wizard.txt

Groovtama

Groovtama

Insane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Fixed the BAIN wizard : https://dl.dropboxus...1244/wizard.txt

Added and updated. Thank you.

tase

tase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

So for installing, Ragdolls has a skeleton.nif, XPMS has a skeleton.nif and SOS has a skeleton.nif, are these all equivalent or should I "load" yours last (wrye bash)

Groovtama

Groovtama

Insane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Mine last. My installing Order would be RR -> SoS -> XPMS

SexyTop69

SexyTop69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Hey, I've always wanted to use Deadly Mutilations in my setup, but heard DM is unstable. Will your XPMS version make it better or more compatible than the one on nexus? If you have it installed how has it worked for you?

Groovtama

Groovtama

Insane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Hey, I've always wanted to use Deadly Mutilations in my setup, but heard DM is unstable. Will your XPMS version make it better or more compatible than the one on nexus? If you have it installed how has it worked for you?

There are no changes to DM in mine it's the same as the one on the Nexus.

jap2015

jap2015

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Worked great. All extra sliders are alien to me, but I guess I'll have to do some research to figure out what they all do.

I noticed I lost a lot of the ECE sliders. Any chance of getting them back?

I tested with myself and 2 followers, all with HDT armors, boots, test skirts and collision rings. Pretty cool!

Thanks

Groovtama

Groovtama

Insane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Worked great. All extra sliders are alien to me, but I guess I'll have to do some research to figure out what they all do.

I noticed I lost a lot of the ECE sliders. Any chance of getting them back?

I tested with myself and 2 followers, all with HDT armors, boots, test skirts and collision rings. Pretty cool!

Thanks

There are more than one sliderset, some of them will include the sliders but are disabled by default. I setted them up analog to tktk1's default setup in ECE.

In the file meshes\CharacterMakingExtender\CME_VanillaRaces.ini you can set up which race uses which slider set or you can uncomment the disabled slider by removing the "#" at the start of a line in the provided slider sets.

jap2015

jap2015

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Got it, thanks for the reply

vschmidth

vschmidth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

So, this is the updated version.
Don't del skeleton_female, good to know... Cheers

tase

tase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Holy crap, tested this and Mind = Blown

HDT is so much smoother...

Works perfect on males and females...

I have a question, any chance of adding a pre-belly node?

Can you describe what you're seeing ?

I installed this, and I don't notice anything blatantly better in the bounce physics, it still twerks when walking forward and stuff, maybe I'm not looking for the right thing. 

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Can you describe what you're seeing ?

I installed this, and I don't notice anything blatantly better in the bounce physics, it still twerks when walking forward and stuff, maybe I'm not looking for the right thing. 

Hmm, I just had an overall stability improvement and smoothness effect on me. This might also be in part because I never deleted the skeleton_female.hkx before when I had normal XPMS installed. Back then bounce was pretty jittery and unstable crashes happened at times. Like the physics constraints would break and sometimes the breasts would fall below the floor when jumping or stretch out in the horizon.

Of course all my testing is done with CLP's HDT file (super smooth now) and my own personal unreleased hdt files that I'm working on which have an emphasis on exaggerated jiggle. (I did of course download your less exaggerated version and was planning on making variants of that for an optional 'less jiggle' hdt file, I just didn't get time to get to it today.)

Also, I have recently tested and confirmed HDT is CPU intensive and not GPU intensive, so your CPU load has a huge impact on how smooth you see the jiggle. (This makes me sad as I would've liked to see more of the processing offloaded to the GPU instead like Nvidia's Physx engine)

Edit: I will offer gif's tomorrow on my TPSB thread if you so desire for some comparison images. Or if groovtama wants/needs I'll try making a before after comparison gif for his thread here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XPMS, Skeleton, HDT